[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

4 hours ago, April said:

Mary has always been fine with Amy - even in their first meeting she just pretended to not like her to get the two lovebirds back together. She totally digs the Shamy! lol

I also don't think that she'll have too much of a problem with Amy and Sheldon "sinning" (lol, assuming Meemaw told her) or living together (which might not even come up until S10). Compared to his brother Sheldon is an angel and she already knows he'll marry Amy one day. There may be a few snide remarks about how she'll have to send up a few extra prayers but overall I'm sure she's happy that they're back together and moving forward. If she's like any other parent with adult children she'll be looking forward to the prospect of her Shelly marrying and having kids of his own and in the end any step towards that will surely be a good thing in her book.

So then, on top of my wishlist would also be at least one nice warm bonding moment between Mary and Amy. A kind of "welcome to the family" hug would be a dream come true! Poor Amy surely deserves it - especially after what happened with Meemaw.

Oh, I don't think she will "judge" them for their "sin"...I imagine some funny comments, like the ones we are getting so often in the show to remind all of us that Shamy did the deed, maybe we will learn that Sheldon took his prowess from his father, LOL! as you said, I'm sure Mary will be just relieved that she can have grandkids one day, hopefully "old-style" conceived. As for living together, I don't know if she can approve, maybe she is a bit old-fashioned for that and she'd prefer a proper wedding instead (you and me both, sister!) but I don't think her opinion can make Sheldon change his mind. Anyway, it will be so funny to see how it unfolds on-screen, there are so many good things that can happen. I have to admit that Mary is a really unexpected and very welcome gift from the writers,  I really didn't expect something "special" for Shamy in the finale, now at least (keeping my hopes down) I hope for Amy and Mary to have some loving moments to bond over their Shelly.

• Like 6

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Lina78 said:

I would prefer Sheldon and Amy visit Mary in Texas so they can have a better interaction. If it is in 4A I think it would be too crowded with Leonard's parents. I want Shamy interact with Mary and Lenny with his parents. But I never get what I want :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

I love that idea! They could visit her in Texas because she´s planning a family reunion. This could be a great oportunity to meet Sheldon´s brother, George jr.

And at the end of the day, Shamy would sleep in Sheldon´s room, on the floor, because Sheldon´s bed is too small for them.

And while Amy seduces Sheldon to have sex with her, you see Mary pressing her ear against the wall, while she is praying, to get an intelligent grandchild. (or maybe she´s praying that they don´t do it, because she doesn´t want to have misbegotten grandchildren) LOL

BTW I would like to have a talk between Mary and Amy, where she thanks her for having reconciled with Sheldon, because she knows how challenging he can be, but that she´s glad that she didn´t give them up, that she´s sorry how her mother has treated her and that she would be more than happy if Amy became part of the family, because she loves her like her own daughter. Amy would swallow hard while her eyes would fill with tears and then they would hug.

• Like 9

I would love for all of these people to be around when someone brings up Beverly kissing Sheldon (and Sheldon could point out that he only counts Amy because she's the only girl he's ever kissed back). I just think there is potential for comedy in that scene.  

I agree with what you guys are all saying about Mary and Amy getting some screen time together.  Like you, @desdemona, I would love for Mary to thank Amy for dealing with Sheldon because she knows how difficult he can be, but for Amy to say something defending him or about why it's worthwhile.  

I don't need a proposal (though I still think the finale would be perfect for that) but I would love some acknowledgment that they both want to get married and that they are headed in that direction.  

Edited by MsRajeshFowlerCooper
  • Like 4

Wait, didn't Beverly kiss Sheldon ? They agreed to keep it a secret. Only Penny knows. Maybe Sheldon never told Amy. Even Leonard doesn't know about it.Who knew Sheldon was such a good secret keeper.

Amy and Dr. Bev never had any interactions .

Edited by Serena_nyc1995
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, I Miss Dan said:

I'm looking forward to Amy meeting Bev, too.  Hard to believe they've never met before  at any of the Neuroscience Conferences Amy goes to.

Beverly is a psychologist. Not a neuroscientist. 

25 minutes ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

Actually, she is both! Well, to be precise: She's a psychiatrist and a neuroscientist.

Edited by April
  • Like 1

I am reading "Some do Not..." By Ford Madox Ford. It's the first book of four in the commonality known as "Parade's End" I'm not a Sheldon fan, but am struck by the similarities of the main character Christopher Tietjens with Sheldon. His love interest, Valentine Wannop can remind you of Amy. Very interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 3

14 hours ago, April said:

Mary has always been fine with Amy - even in their first meeting she just pretended to not like her to get the two lovebirds back together. She totally digs the Shamy! lol

Mary Cooper, the first Shamyvenger.
I dare to say that she was the first character of the show to believe in their relationship. The other people were just making fun of them (I admit, it was funny), but she really liked them together.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I dare to say that she was the first character of the show to believe in their relationship. The other people were just making fun of them (I admit, it was funny), but she really liked them together.

I think you're right ! Mary it was who phoned Amy and got her to come round to 4A and go along with her ploy. She was very happy when Amy got up and went to see the cats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

100 % agree, Rosa!!

• Like 1

Just now, joyceraye said:

I think you're right ! Mary it was who phoned Amy and got her to come round to 4A and go along with her ploy. She was very happy when Amy got up and went to see the cats.

Yeah, because she saw future in there. She knew that they were perfectly meant to each other and probably had the instinct that at some point it would become serious, a crush could become a like and then they would be together. Some weird feeling that only moms have at the moment their kids leave their wombs and that keep going until he/she becomes a grown person lol. 

Slightly changing the subject, knowing that Leonard's father will show up at the finale and Beverly as well, and also knowing that they were a couple, does anybody else sees simillarity between their marriage/relationship and the old Shamy, but gender-swapped? Beverly was cold and distant, didn't liked touching, etc, and from what we know, her husband wanted it all (touching, sex, love) very badly. That's probably why he cheated on her with a waitress, imo. 

Except for the cheating part, does it sounds familiar?

• Like 3

I think that she just freaked out when she saw all those cats and his erratic behavior and must have thought if terminating his relationship with Amy did this to him he must deep down have some pretty strong feelings for her. I would imagine that Sheldon's mother probably thought Sheldon wouldn't find anyone in his life to be with so she felt she had to fix it.

They haven't had much interaction but I would imagine that Mary will continue to be supportive of them. I fully believe that Sheldon is a be with one woman in a lifetime kind of guy, if it doesn't work out with Amy then it won't work out with anyone and I suspect Mary probably thinks that as well.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 6

OMG Mary returns?

tumblr_inline_mwf3wi2cks1s352g0.gif

I just hope that if this implies some kind of interaction between mary and amy, this will be drama free, no insults toward amy, no mean jokes from sheldon, no horny innuendos or marriage pressure from amy. I would like to see a respectful conversation/interaction or whatever this will be. is that much to ask?

3d79a9eca0c700cff7ed637d17bf81b5.gif

Edited by Thyanic <3
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

I think that she just freaked out when she saw all those cats and his erratic behavior and must have thought if terminating his relationship with Amy did this to him he must deep down have some pretty strong feelings for her. I would imagine that Sheldon's mother probably thought Sheldon wouldn't find anyone in his life to be with so she felt she had to fix it.

They haven't had much interaction but I would imagine that Mary will continue to be supportive of them. I fully believe that Sheldon is a be with one woman in a lifetime kind of guy, if it doesn't work out with Amy then it won't work out with anyone and I suspect Mary probably thinks that as well.

Yes, Mary must have thought Sheldon might never find a match. She actually felt she had to confirm Amy was even real as opposed to a lab experiment.

True, it's hard to have interaction often with someone who lives a plane ride away.  I can't think of more than four occasions on which Amy would have seen Mary in person. Phone calls to someone outside the family feel as though they have to be for a particular purpose, such as getting a Christmas cookie recipe. I hope Amy can get Mary to use Skype or Hangouts or Yahoo IM so they can do more informal face-to-facing.

9/24 will be the first anniversary of the Lenny elopement and the Shamy dissolution. I wonder if all the parental presence will have anything to do with that ?

• Like 2

On 4/15/2016 at 4:25 AM, I Miss Dan said:

I'm looking forward to Amy meeting Bev, too.  Hard to believe they've never met before  at any of the Neuroscience Conferences Amy goes to.

On 4/15/2016 at 5:56 AM, Radar said:

They kinda met in episode 200 at Sheldon's birthday party. But on the other hand they didn't really talk to each other then, so yes, real interaction between these two would be interesting. And between Mary and Amy of course! :good:

I'd back Amy to come out on top.

On 4/15/2016 at 8:44 AM, April said:

Mary has always been fine with Amy - even in their first meeting she just pretended to not like her to get the two lovebirds back together.

I don't think she pretended not to like Amy.

She just said they weren't suited to each other.

19 hours ago, Desdemona said:

And at the end of the day, Shamy would sleep in Sheldon´s room, on the floor, because Sheldon´s bed is too small for them.

Can a bed really be too small, for two people who love and want each other?

I prefer to think, that the small bed will have them cuddled up really close.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

And Bernadette is a microbiologist, but she and Amy went to a neuroscience conference together.

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

She actually felt she had to confirm Amy was even real as opposed to a lab experiment.

She even said that, didn't she.

From The Zazzy Substitution:-

Mrs Cooper: Now, when you said on the phone he broke up with a girl, you meant an actual girl, not something you kids whipped up in a lab?

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think she pretended not to like Amy.

She just said they weren't suited to each other.

Yes she WAS pretending to not like Amy to get Sheldon to do the opposite of what she wanted.  Leonard called her out on it and then proceeded to trick Leonard in the same way with dinner....

Leonard: I saw what you did there.

Mrs Cooper: He thinks he’s such a smarty pants. He’s no different from any man. You tell ’em not to do something, that’s all they want to do. If I hadn’t told my brother Stumpy not to clear out the wood chipper by hand, we’d still be calling him Edward. Now, don’t you move. I’ll bring over all the food.

Leonard: No, no, no, I can do it.

Mrs Cooper: Well, isn’t that sweet?

• Like 6

Yes Mary used reverse psychology to get them back together as she knew Sheldon would do the opposite of what she thought in that instance.

I recently watched a few older episodes and in particular The Decoupling Fluctuation in which Amy says she plans to marry Sheldon in exactly 4 years time, so that would be early season 10 (the episode was Season 6 Episode 2). I know the writers sometimes forget some of the stuff they have written in the past but do we think this is feasible or on track?

Sheldon wouldn't know what Amy said back then, plus they have also had the breakup which may have set any plans back in timescale a bit. Season 10 may be the last (I would be very surprised if it is, but all it takes is one actor to decide they want to move on) so you would think a engagement will happen early season 10 if they plan to show them getting married on the show instead of a flash-forward or something in the finale which would be so lame.

If we get a season 11 or more the writers will slow it down.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Yes Mary used reverse psychology to get them back together as she knew Sheldon would do the opposite of what she thought in that instance.

I recently watched a few older episodes and in particular The Decoupling Fluctuation in which Amy says she plans to marry Sheldon in exactly 4 years time, so that would be early season 10 (the episode was Season 6 Episode 2). I know the writers sometimes forget some of the stuff they have written in the past but do we think this is feasible or on track?

Sheldon wouldn't know what Amy said back then, plus they have also had the breakup which may have set any plans back in timescale a bit. Season 10 may be the last (I would be very surprised if it is, but all it takes is one actor to decide they want to move on) so you would think a engagement will happen early season 10 if they plan to show them getting married on the show instead of a flash-forward or something in the finale which would be so lame.

IDK if anyone here watched HIMYM. The writers of How I Met Your Mother paid attention to EVERY single detail, foreshadowing or clues.  Thats why assumed TBBT would do the same when Amy foreshadowed in 6x02 that she has a plan to marry Sheldon in 4 years. But then I realized, that TBBT is not HIMYM. smh.

Maybe I watched too much of HIMYM haha. They also wasted a lot of time, but I can't deny that HIMYM writers paid attention to detail and rarely added a throwaway line. I  loved that. Season 10 might be the last, don't know how they are going to fit everything in there.

Edited by Serena_nyc1995
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

I know the writers sometimes forget some of the stuff they have written in the past but do we think this is feasible or on track?

It's certainly feasible (Shamy could be married in the space of a single episode, if that's what the writers decided), but whether it's "on track" is debatable.

Yes, Shamy are quirky and unpredictable, but would they choose to skip a proper wedding, and go for a Courthouse wedding instead?

I'm not sure Amy would readily give up on her dream wedding, of walking down the aisle, with a hundred eyes on her, while a string quartet plays The Way You Look Tonight.

• Like 5

Amy ideally would want a traditional big wedding that makes her feel like a princess imo. Meanwhile Sheldon would be the complete opposite lol, something as low key and less eyes on him as possible. 

Some potentially fantastic story-lines and quotes to be had if they do get engaged and set about planning a wedding.

Man there is going to have to be a lot of compromise between them over a wedding. Kind of hope Amy gets her dream wedding and Sheldon is willing and happy to go along with it, but I could see Amy going along with whatever makes Sheldon comfortable. Maybe at the end of the day being married is more important than the style it plays out.

I just think Amy deserves something grander than a courthouse or vegas style wedding.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I wrote a fanfic where Shamy get married, having just arrived back from London, and before going to either Caltech, or their apartments.

I'll check it out.

I could see Sheldon's mother and Amy being on the same page in terms of a wedding, a traditional wedding screams a church setting and Sheldon's mother would be all for that.

• Like 3

I always picture the Shamy wedding being a big, traditional wedding with Sheldon fighting it and nervous the whole way. He's terrified that there are bees in the flowers, the idea of a recieving line throws him into an epic germ tirade and a veto on Klingon has him threatening not to show up at all. 

When the big moment comes, he's standing at the altar with Leonard beside him as Leonard tries to calm him down. He'a on the verge of a full blown panic attack and then - the wedding march starts. His eyes fly to the end of the aisle where Amy is standing in her dress and tiara and his anxiety visibly melts. His face softens and he gets the tiny smile on his face that we saw in 9.11 when she comes out of the bathroom. She suddenly becomes the only woman in the room. 

However it happens (and I'm so hoping it does!) will probably be pretty awesome and in-character, I've just always pictured it like this. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, DDaisy said:

I always picture the Shamy wedding being a big, traditional wedding with Sheldon fighting it and nervous the whole way. He's terrified that there are bees in the flowers, the idea of a recieving line throws him into an epic germ tirade and a veto on Klingon has him threatening not to show up at all. 

When the big moment comes, he's standing at the altar with Leonard beside him as Leonard tries to calm him down. He'a on the verge of a full blown panic attack and then - the wedding march starts. His eyes fly to the end of the aisle where Amy is standing in her dress and tiara and his anxiety visibly melts. His face softens and he gets the tiny smile on his face that we saw in 9.11 when she comes out of the bathroom. She suddenly becomes the only woman in the room. 

However it happens (and I'm so hoping it does!) will probably be pretty awesome and in-character, I've just always pictured it like this. 

Sounds nice, hope it plays out something like this.

I could actually see Amy speaking part of her vow in Klingon and I would imagine Sheldon's jaw drops and his face would be like wow. Maybe Sheldon says something to her in her secret language.

The writers have so much potential in a wedding storyline.

• Like 4