[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Actually I see Sheldon willing to participate, embracing all the social conventions related to the wedding. He did the same at prom, and at Howard's bachelor party. I can see him having a panic attack at the end, but I don't think he would oppose to the idea of a big wedding. I really think it will be up to Amy to decide.

• Like 5

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

Amy ideally would want a traditional big wedding that makes her feel like a princess imo. Meanwhile Sheldon would be the complete opposite lol, something as low key and less eyes on him as possible. 

Some potentially fantastic story-lines and quotes to be had if they do get engaged and set about planning a wedding.

Man there is going to have to be a lot of compromise between them over a wedding. Kind of hope Amy gets her dream wedding and Sheldon is willing and happy to go along with it, but I could see Amy going along with whatever makes Sheldon comfortable. Maybe at the end of the day being married is more important than the style it plays out.

I just think Amy deserves something grander than a courthouse or vegas style wedding.

And frankly I think the fans deserve something more too...the Vegas wedding for Lenny, after years of watching and wondering "will they or wont they", that wedding was anti-climactic to say the least. The Howardette wedding was cute but was still a rooftop wedding. 

I guess Id like to see one of the couples get a fairytale wedding and it may as well be Shamy. I think Amy has earned it.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

I recently watched a few older episodes and in particular The Decoupling Fluctuation in which Amy says she plans to marry Sheldon in exactly 4 years time, so that would be early season 10 (the episode was Season 6 Episode 2). I know the writers sometimes forget some of the stuff they have written in the past but do we think this is feasible or on track?

Well, if you count the six months they were  broken up, that would move the timetable to February.  Sweeps would be the perfect time for their wedding.  To get it into the sweeps in November would feel a bit rushed, and besides, Bernadette is due around then.  The could do the engagement in one of the last two episodes and then do the planning through the fall and early winter.   

• Like 7

And I guess it would depend if the writers know if season 10 is the last or not. I assume they will plan for season 10 to be the last unless they get told otherwise.

I agree an engagement in one of the final two episodes makes sense that way it feels less rushed going into season 10.

• Like 2

At the Critic's Choice Awards, the head of CBS mentioned that CBS is not done with TBBT.  That and the reports back when the actors contracts were signed about an option year, and their ratings,  looks to me to mean at least an 11th year.   Doing their  wedding in year 10 would make sense in giving them a year and a half of being married.  

• Like 9

Wild and off topic. Watched new episode of Bones on Thursday. The actress who played Hodgins' doctor was the one who played Missy in Season 1.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

f41ceee20718132c956f6140e48710cb.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It's certainly feasible (Shamy could be married in the space of a single episode, if that's what the writers decided), but whether it's "on track" is debatable.

Yes, Shamy are quirky and unpredictable, but would they choose to skip a proper wedding, and go for a Courthouse wedding instead?

I'm not sure Amy would readily give up on her dream wedding, of walking down the aisle, with a hundred eyes on her, while a string quartet plays The Way You Look Tonight.

They'd have to go to a lot of expense to bring in enough additional actors to play the families for a  normal wedding. I can't help wondering whether Sheldon's 'You owe me big time'  (when he agreed to have a birthday party in episode 200) meant the 'debt' would turn out to be having a very small, quiet wedding,  - perhaps with Raj giving Amy away and a honeymoon on a train - or even an elopement, thus sparing him the fear he might faint in front of a crowd.

Amy's ambition was to be a maid of honour. She's twice organised a wedding and then missed out on getting the final ceremony she wanted for that. The first time was tragic, the second time was annoying. Being chosen for the role, was, however, the main source of happiness for her. I should think she's accepted, willingly or otherwise, from very early days that Sheldon would never be comfortable with a big fuss. Four years ago she intended to invite enough guests to make it worthwhile ordering a skeleton. I think she's matured enough since then to consider his feelings and decide against putting him through torture just so she can be the centre of attention for a few hours.

• Like 1

I wonder if they actually follow the four year plan and the writers intend to have them marry early season 10.  It makes me also wonder if the time clash between their wedding and Bernadette giving birth will happen.  I hope her water doesn't break during the ceremony, that'll ruin the wedding.

And btw mphs, I was watching An Idiot Aboard and Stephan Merchant was on that.  He's apparently one of the creators of the show.  I also watched Love and John Ross Bowie was in it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, snow*flower said:

I wonder if they actually follow the four year plan and the writers intend to have them marry early season 10.  It makes me also wonder if the time clash between their wedding and Bernadette giving birth will happen.  I hope her water doesn't break during the ceremony, that'll ruin the wedding.

And btw mphs, I was watching An Idiot Aboard and Stephan Merchant was on that.  He's apparently one of the creators of the show.  I also watched Love and John Ross Bowie was in it.

I don't think it would ruin anything. It could be used to good comic effect. :)

Imagine everybody hanging around at the hospital with Raj and Stuart bringing the food and the wine there and then all of them toasting the new arrival at the end of the episode.

There would be no excuse for either family to forget  the baby's birthday or Shamy's wedding anniversary.

4 hours ago, snow*flower said:

LOL! Something similar happened on my brother's supposed-to-be wedding day! My future sister-in-law was 8 months pregnant and her water broke in the early morning. So they called and said: "Could you please cancel our reservation at the restaurant? There won't be a wedding today, our daughter has different plans!"

True, we were shocked at first, but in the end it was really funny! My mum and dad invited the wedding guests to us and after my niece's birth we all celebrated the healthy child (and mother!). My dad put a sign on the door saying : Instead of a wedding - a high-speed stork!

So I agree with joyceraye: a scenario like this has great comedic potential. :biggrin:

Edited by Radar
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, mphs95 said:

Who's the girl playing the nurse?

8 hours ago, snow*flower said:

I hope her water doesn't break during the ceremony, that'll ruin the wedding.

They could complete the wedding in the hospital ward, after Bernadette has given birth.

8 hours ago, snow*flower said:

I also watched Love and John Ross Bowie was in it.

On the subject of JRB, did I imagine it, or does he make a brief appearance in the movie Time?

I know Johnny Galecki was in it (he's credited), but I'm sure I briefly saw JRB in it as well.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Who's the girl playing the nurse?

I hope her water doesn't break during the ceremony, that'll ruin the wedding.

They could complete the wedding in the hospital ward, after Bernadette has given birth.

I also watched Love and John Ross Bowie was in it.

On the subject of JRB, did I imagine it, or does he make a brief appearance in the movie Time?

I know Johnny Galecki was in it (he's credited), but I'm sure I briefly saw JRB in it as well.

He was in a Bones episode also. Ep 7 x 3 and was a suspect. Very funny scene. My hubby thought it was weird to hear him speak for real.

Back to Shamy. While I think it would be cool to have that 10 x 2 wedding, I don't see it. However, I could see the two using the break up as an exception and pushing to Feb, using the logic that it would be exactly 4 years they were together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:9

I was thinking more of  Raj traipsing everybody down to the hospital after the vows and the I-pronounce-you bit, but this idea sounds funnier if the labour is going very quickly. It reminds of the Frasier episode in which the best man (Eddie, the groom's dog ) swallows the ring  and Daphne (the groom's daughter-in-law ) gives birth at the vet's, where the marriage ceremony also takes place.

I am picturing Cinnamon with a sweet ribbon in her hair for the Shamy wedding and/or the Wolowitz christening.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Radar said:

LOL! Something similar happened on my brother's supposed-to-be wedding day! My future sister-in-law was 8 months pregnant and her water broke in the early morning. So they called and said: "Could you please cancel our reservation at the restaurant? There won't be a wedding today, our daughter has different plans!"

True, we were shocked at first, but in the end it was really funny! My mum and dad invited the wedding guests to us and after my niece's birth we all celebrated the healthy child (and mother!). My dad put a sign on the door saying : Instead of a wedding - a high-speed stork!

So I agree with joyceraye: a scenario like this has great comedic potential. :biggrin:

Nice, Radar. I was once at a Handel's Messiah concert when something similar occurred in the audience. The lady, thinking she had hours to spare, decided not to disrupt things for the time being. Everything developed faster than she expected, however, and with the aid of St John's Ambulance men ( An organisation standing by to do first aid at public events over here ) a little boy arrived in the world to the sound of The Halleluiah Chorus. I bet he dines out on the story of the first thing he heard, to this day.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snow*flower said:

Merchant is known for his work with Ricky Gervais, they also wrote 'The Office' together and 'Extras'.

I hope a wedding doesn't clash with Howard and Bernie's baby arrival. It could make for some interesting comedy but I think both story-lines should deserve their own major focus. 20 mins really isn't much time for two huge developments on the show.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 1

With all these scenarios for the Shamy wedding, has it occurred to anyone else that they may decide not to get married ? We're all taking it for granted that it's going ahead. What if we're wrong ? Only Sheldon has ever come right out and said, 'And if she says, "No" ' ..............

Perhaps Amy in particular, since she no longer needs reassurance that Sheldon really appreciates her, will conclude that what she has now is enough and that she doesn't want responsibility for steering this oddball and his rubbish around made official. When she checked with Meemaw that they'd have her blessing, hypothetically, she worded it very carefully.

Granted they were broken up when she called the relationship 'more work than it should be' but it came after the four-year plan so she might consider that superceded now.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

With all these scenarios for the Shamy wedding, has it occurred to anyone else that they may decide not to get married ? We're all taking it for granted that it's going ahead. What if we're wrong ? Only Sheldon has ever come right out and said, 'And if she says, "No" ' ..............

Perhaps Amy in particular, since she no longer needs reassurance that Sheldon really appreciates her, will conclude that what she has now is enough and that she doesn't want responsibility for steering this oddball and his rubbish around made official. When she checked with Meemaw that they'd have her blessing, hypothetically, she worded it very carefully.

Granted they were broken up when she called the relationship 'more work than it should be' but it came after the four-year plan so she might consider that superceded now.

I'm pretty sure if they never get married, the problem will come from Sheldon not Amy... I read the kind of Amy you described here in fanfics and frankly I like this Amy better. But I think in the show, Amy will always be dying to marry Sheldon, at least according to the writers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

It's possible but all things are pointing towards a future marriage. Sheldon comes across as quite traditional at times, you saw that when you had him asking Penny and Leonard why they still hadn't set a date yet. Everything I've seen from Amy says that she wants to get married at some point.

If Sheldon does propose I am expecting Amy to say yes, the only situation I could think of where she wants to keep the status quo but turn down a proposal is if they have another bust up and Sheldon makes a proposal because of fear that he is going to lose her, so in other words it's blatantly obvious the timing isn't right.

Or maybe how he goes about it could put her off, or tell him to try again more romantically. Part of me think it would be funny if Sheldon had a few goes at proposing, not in a nasty rejection kind of way but Amy saying we will get engaged but you need to make it more romantic. Then you have a couple of episodes where he tries different things to get to that dream proposal. Though when you think about it I am not sure Sheldon would go along with that lol.

But that is just a small part of me, the vast majority of me wants it to be one of the romantic proposals ever seen and he gets it right first time.

If you are talking about the length of an engagement then the recent breakup (if you are ignoring the fact season 10 might be the last) might slow down and prolong the engagement period before a marriage. Maybe it might be better for Sheldon and Amy to not rush into marriage and have a longer engagement especially if they feel there is still work to be done on their relationship before they commit. Perhaps Amy will want Sheldon to live without Leonard and Penny for a while and get used to a change in environment before they eventually live together. When they get married they will have to live together.

In terms of the Meemaw interaction when she was stroking Sheldon's shoulder at the end and smiling it had the look of 'We have our blessing now where is that ring' lol.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 4

So hard to believe we are at the end of another season. I'm feeling no proposal this season. Not sure why, just s feeling. 

Heres hoping this hiatus will not be as difficult as last years!

When the proposal happens I, too, hope it's as romantic as all hell!  In their own Shamy way!

Edited by Shamyyes
  • Like 4

I think there will be a Season 10 Shamy wedding, and after that I would love to see the prediction of the psychic from 7x21 begin to unfold.  Sheldon commits fully to Amy (he is on the way, but not there yet), then both personally and professionally everything falls into place (along with with many laughs, of course).  It will be fun to watch him make the discovery that leads to his Nobel prize one day in the future (a Season 11 arc?).

The thing is, a theoretical physicist can make all the wonderful predictions he wants, but there is no Nobel unless the prediction is proven experimentally while he is still alive.  Stephen Hawking is a case in point.  Hopefully, there will be a way to prove his theories on Hawking radiation and black holes during his lifetime as this genius truly deserves a Nobel prize.  

Edited by Lady in Red
  • Like 5

So I was just wondering (don't hate me guys! : ) , am I the ONLY one who is ok with living arrangements?

Don't get me wrong, do I find it unrealistic? Yes I do. 
But I do think that
a) Sheldon is not that ready to live with Amy just yet. I think that the ring was brought too early into the scene, giving us the wrong impression of where he's at (what the writers won't do for a cliff hanger) , but now after S9 I don't think he's there yet. I think he's probably ready to live alone... but not with Amy. That said, I think after he lives alone for 3 months or smth like that, pretty short time, I think he will be ready. But I do think he needs to live alone for a  little bit
b  )  As you might know, I LOVE Penny, I do care so much for her, and I do think it's mostly her now who wants the living arrangements to stay like this. Definitely not Leonard, I think he's fed up. But I think Penny is having a hard time coming to terms with turning 30, with adulthood, with being stuck on a 'grown up' job that she doesn't like but has to stay at cause it pays off her debt... I think for her living with a roommate is a way to kinda prolong her 20's and her youth and that careless times.

What do you think?

I know most of you think otherwise, but I was just curious, I can't be the ONLY one who thinks that?! or can I ? : D

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

So I was just wondering (don't hate me guys! : ) , am I the ONLY one who is ok with living arrangements?

But I do think that
a) Sheldon is not that ready to live with Amy just yet. I think that the ring was brought too early into the scene, giving us the wrong impression of where he's at (what the writers won't do for a cliff hanger) , but now after S9 I don't think he's there yet. I think he's probably ready to live alone... but not with Amy. That said, I think after he lives alone for 3 months or smth like that, pretty short time, I think he will be ready. But I do think he needs to live alone for a  little bit
b  )  As you might know, I LOVE Penny, I do care so much for her, and I do think it's mostly her now who wants the living arrangements to stay like this. Definitely not Leonard, I think he's fed up. But I think Penny is having a hard time coming to terms with turning 30, with adulthood, with being stuck on a 'grown up' job that she doesn't like but has to stay at cause it pays off her debt... I think for her living with a roommate is a way to kinda prolong her 20's and her youth and that careless times.

What do you think?

I know most of you think otherwise, but I was just curious, I can't be the ONLY one who thinks that?! or can I ? : D

If it makes the transition easier for Sheldon and Amy to live together then I would be all for Sheldon living alone for a while. An engagement wouldn't necessarily mean that Amy moves in straight away. They could get engaged at the end of season 9, then you have that period between seasons with them being engaged and Sheldon living on his own for a bit, then when they get married Amy moves in with him.

Maybe a kind of trial basis could be done before they get married, say a day or two just so that there isn't that initial shock when they do live together full time.

But then Jim did recently talk about Amy potentially moving in, so maybe it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Sheldon is more ready than we think.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, brilliantfool said:

But I do think that

What do you think?

There's nothing all that strange about a 'vulnerable adult' living with other people. Granted, Lenny are not his relatives and three is a bit small to be called a community. Penny referred to apartment 4a as 'our place' when Bernadette told the girls where she and Howard made the baby. Penny told Dr Gallo there was a man-child living with them, not that they were living with a man-child. So it seems the way she adjusts to the situation is by seeing herself as having moved in with her husband, keeping her old place as an extension, and humouring her husband's dog. It can't last a lot longer. I'm OK with it so far but a year is long enough.  How Sheldon would cope alone in 4a with Lenny still such close neighbours I can't imagine. How Lenny would cope as a couple with all their things in a place designed for one person I don't know either. 

Of the gang of five only Penny and Raj have lived alone that we've seen. Penny has been in and out of 4a like a  fiddler's elbow all the time since she moved into 4b and Raj is lonely. Of the eight, I think Amy will find change the hardest. Sheldon spends time at 314 but so far as we've been shown, he usually goes home. She's always had her own place as long as we've known her. Living with someone else will be bad enough to adapt to, let alone trying to make a home where  the king has reigned supreme, or thought he has. Unless the two couples give up all three apartments and go and buy two separate houses - they're all going to find it difficult.

• Like 3