[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

1 hour ago, Kathy2611 said:

And again, with that smirk and frown from our Captain and second mate, I'm going to say it's alive!  

I don't think that Mayim looked frowny.  I just think that she can sometimes act a little more subdued, while Jim can get a little silly.  

The ship, the captain and first mate all seem fine to me.

• Like 5

Despite the breakup in the first half of the season, I feel like us Shamy fans actually got a pretty good deal. The couple had some big moments and moved through significant milestones together, which is something we can all be happy about. I also thought the benefits of the breakup were worth all the angst - I actually liked the arc quite a bit, because the length of it made the reunion so much more significant. Keeping Amy and Sheldon separate the last couple of episodes is fine by me - the writers have other characters they need to focus on, and I like that they're building up relationships we don't see very often - like that between Sheldon and Bernadette.

Like Kazzie, I feel we'll get a proposal in the finale. After the ring was brought into play in season eight and has kept popping up throughout this season, it seems logical that the writers would want to check it off the to-do list so they can embark on new arcs in season ten - which could potentially be the last season. Shamy are in a really good place right now and if a second wedding ceremony happens it would be the perfect way to, a) give fans the Lenny wedding they always wanted, and b) prompt Sheldon to think about marriage.

On the other hand, though, with so many big Shamy moments happening in season nine, the writers may want to hold off on a proposal because it could be seen as too much for a couple known for its glacial pace. Ultimately, I'm torn over the finale. Let's say my gut is sitting at: Proposal - 55% and Nothing substantial - 45%.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

We thank Shamy Kisses for the little we did get.  

Yeah, that's better than nothing. But from what I read on Tumblr she didn't mentioned anything about Leonard's father and Mary together. Is is true or was is it just people making fun about the plot yesterday at the chat room?

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, kelliluvtbbt said:

well, Sheldon's only purpose is to ruin yet another Lenny wedding since he so rightfully ruined it the first time... that is the secret plot :cheese:

now... he could be planning a do- over himself for what happened last year on their anniversary. ( crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, legs... whatever) :girlglasses:

Or perhaps he just wants to meet his mother from the plane while Stuart stands in line for him. Amy's dropping off Stuart so she can pick up Sheldon and take him to get Mary.

12 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

Yeah, that's better than nothing. But from what I read on Tumblr she didn't mentioned anything about Leonard's father and Mary together. Is is true or was is it just people making fun about the plot yesterday at the chat room?

That was various other posters joking around or trying to confuse other members

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

I don't think that Mayim looked frowny.  I just think that she can sometimes act a little more subdued, while Jim can get a little silly.  

I would say she looked more "all business, no play."   I know this is a very busy week for her with Passover and the finale hitting at the same time.  I would say she was preoccupied in her mind, and distracted and not really focusing on the humor of the episode.

• Like 1

Assuming Amy decides she doesn't want to remain with the status quo but says 'Yes' to being legally attached to Sheldon for the next six decades, what's next for Shamy after the wedding we're all hoping for ? Are  they going to buy a house ? Assuming they are, is she going to have to take him everywhere now there's no one else ? Will she make him get a car ? What will shopping for furniture and soft furnishings be like ? Whose standards of cleaning are going to prevail ? Will they have the same night for their laundry and will Sheldon tell her she's doing it wrong ? How often will date night be ?  Will girls' night always be at Bernadette's ? Will May 4th happen at their house ? What will the neighbours make of them ? Who'll do the gardening ? Will they have a hot tub ? What will Sheldon say if Amy brings any monkeys home ? Will either of them keep a secret bank account ?  Where will they keep the harp ?

Will  the writers need another two seasons so they can answer these questions and many others in forthcoming episodes ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Assuming Amy decides she doesn't want to remain with the status quo but says 'Yes' to being legally attached to Sheldon for the next six decades, what's next for Shamy after the wedding we're all hoping for ? Are  they going to buy a house ? Assuming they are, is she going to have to take him everywhere now there's no one else ? Will she make him get a car ? What will shopping for furniture and soft furnishings be like ? Whose standards of cleaning are going to prevail ? Will they have the same night for their laundry and will Sheldon tell her she's doing it wrong ? How often will date night be ?  Will girls' night always be at Bernadette's ? Will May 4th happen at their house ? What will the neighbours make of them ? Who'll do the gardening ? Will they have a hot tub ? What will Sheldon say if Amy brings any monkeys home ? Will either of them keep a secret bank account ?  Where will they keep the harp ?

Will  the writers need another two seasons so they can answer these questions and many others in forthcoming episodes ?

Not to mention...Sheldon eventually could ask her about her family...who is her father and what is his story?  What about siblings, does she have any?  Grandparents?

What about career oriented conflicts with home life?   How will those be handled?   So many questions still left and lots of story left.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

I agree, at the very beginning of the clip you can see Mayim was finishing a laugh. Maybe those kinds of details are easier to see on a larger screen than a phone (I'm on my iPad).      

image.jpeg

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 6

A proposal is possibile!but I don't want to immagine anything because I learn one thing in this things:we must wait the TR without hopes so nobody is upset!My opinion is that I don t sure that they do it because if there are other seasons the writers would very slow the subject!So I think that we must wait!!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

If you want my there will be more seasons in the future because the ratings are high and there are many situations to explore!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

A proposal is possibile!but I don't want to immagine anything because I learn one thing in this things:we must wait the TR without hopes so nobody is upset!My opinion is that I don t sure that they do it because if there are other seasons the writers would very slow the subject!So I think that we must wait!!!

If you want my there will be more seasons in the future because the ratings are high and there are many situations to explore!

I am  with you. Last year I got my expectations so high after we got a title that I was thoroughly depressed after reading the taping report. I don't want to have any expectations. Shamy is in such a good place I can't see the writers creating any more drama with them. But I felt the same way last year also. I just feel this year there was so much more progress that it can't be them. I don't think there will be any drama to be honest. A nice party for Lenny would be nice with Sheldon realizing how much he wants to have what they have and then he proposes to Amy. But that is just my dream.No expectations.

• Like 6

I think Amy's hopes and dreams have been deferred WAY TOO Long.  She wants at least 2 children as was an only child and missed a sibling.  She and Sheldon were going to make a child in a fertility lab 6 years ago--if Penny hadn't gotten Sheldon to back out, their kid would be starting Kindergarten this Fall.  Also they are pushing 35 and even Sheldon knows her eggs won't be really fertile for much longer. AND, the only body function chart Sheldon does NOT have on the fridge is his sperm count.  How much playing with radioactive substances in his lap did he do?  If they want to have prodigies, they better start soon, and I think they would both prefer to be married to do this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, I Miss Dan said:

I think Amy's hopes and dreams have been deferred WAY TOO Long.  She wants at least 2 children as was an only child and missed a sibling.  She and Sheldon were going to make a child in a fertility lab 6 years ago--if Penny hadn't gotten Sheldon to back out, their kid would be starting Kindergarten this Fall.  Also they are pushing 35 and even Sheldon knows her eggs won't be really fertile for much longer. AND, the only body function chart Sheldon does NOT have on the fridge is his sperm count.  How much playing with radioactive substances in his lap did he do?  If they want to have prodigies, they better start soon, and I think they would both prefer to be married to do this.

a_55.gif

:icon_razz:

• Like 2

I would love to see engagement, coitus, or cohabitation, but I keep thinking of the million ways they could make me happy without any of those three things and really I just want some indication that they both know where this is going and that they are both okay with the speed they are going there.  

It could be something as simple as the two of them dancing at Lenny's new wedding when Amy mentions something about the ceremony she liked and wants at their wedding.  Sheldon could ask why she's not afraid to mention weddings in front of him without him freaking out again, and Amy could respond that they both know they're going to get married when Sheldon's ready and she's in no rush and she's happy with the way things are and Sheldon could agree.  45 seconds and no huge changes and I would be content until next season.  

Or he could then say he's ready and propose, but whatever, I swear I'd be happy with less.  

• Like 4

So, guys, in your opinion, why Sheldon made Stuart hold his place in line? What was he doing in the meantime? We know from past episodes that he hates to be in line, so maybe it's just Sheldon being Sheldon...But I hope that for some reasons he was needed somewhere else and asked Amy to drive Stuart at the movie theater and himself where he was needed. This way at least we might have a car-scene for Shamy, from the few information we got it doesn't seem a Shamy episode. I was thinking as possible explanation that the girls had a hard time with Beverly and so they called him to help them to "bond" with her. But, if he decided to skip the movie, or specifically the line,  just to spend some time with Amy...well...that's even better! I was also wondering if we will see  Beverly and Amy interacting a bit. They have a lot of things in common, they are both neuroscientist, and Season 4 Amy was not that different from Beverly. Thanks God, they turned her "beverlyness" down pretty soon, LOL! I was wondering if they can get along in some way. But even if they hate each other it would be hilarious!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

So, guys, in your opinion, why Sheldon made Stuart hold his place in line? What was he doing in the meantime? We know from past episodes that he hates to be in line, so maybe it's just Sheldon being Sheldon...But I hope that for some reasons he was needed somewhere else and asked Amy to drive Stuart at the movie theater and himself where he was needed. This way at least we might have a car-scene for Shamy, from the few information we got it doesn't seem a Shamy episode. I was thinking as possible explanation that the girls had a hard time with Beverly and so they called him to help them to "bond" with her. But, if he decided to skip the movie, or specifically the line,  just to spend some time with Amy...well...that's even better! I was also wondering if we will see  Beverly and Amy interacting a bit. They have a lot of things in common, they are both neuroscientist, and Season 4 Amy was not that different from Beverly. Thanks God, they turned her "beverlyness" down pretty soon, LOL! I was wondering if they can get along in some way. But even if they hate each other it would be hilarious!

Good suggestion. Or Sheldon may be going to meet his mother at the airport. If Amy is taking him there, it makes sense that she's driving Stuart to take his place and pick him up. Or, since Stuart's being paid, Sheldon might have a selfish reason for leaving his friends in the line, such as having a couple of hours with his mother to himself, or himself and just Amy, while the others are tied up. He gets quite jealous of them.

I did wonder whether Sheldon was going to Texas and needed to catch a plane but perhaps I'm too old-fashioned :do people still queue for tickets nowadays ? I've not done it since 1962.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Good suggestion. Or Sheldon may be going to meet his mother at the airport. If Amy is taking him there, it makes sense that she's driving Stuart to take his place and pick him up. Or, since Stuart's being paid, Sheldon might have a selfish reason for leaving his friends in the line, such as having a couple of hours with his mother to himself, or himself and just Amy, while the others are tied up. He gets quite jealous of them.

I did wonder whether Sheldon was going to Texas and needed to catch a plane but perhaps I'm too old-fashioned :do people still queue for tickets nowadays ? I've not done it since 1962.

Standing in line can depend on the event and the venue, and it might not be about getting tickets, but getting a seat.

I've purchased tickets in advance online, like when the first new Star Trek movie came out, for the first midnight showing, but once I picked up my ticket, I still had to stand in line to get into the theater, because seating was first come, first served.  If you wanted the best choice of seating, you had to get there early, especially if you wanted to also hit the concessions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Obviously this is purely speculation, but if I had to guess, I would say it's going to be a Sheldony reason.  The bathroom facilities adjacent to that theater have insufficient water pressure and temperature to clean bacteria effectively.  Or it's going to be 80 degrees that day and Sheldon only stands in line if the temperature is 72 +/- 7 degrees Fahrenheit.  He just doesn't want to.  Something like that. 

I'm choosing to believe, however, that he's getting Amy's ring sized.  

• Like 3