[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

3 minutes ago, April said:

Same for me. If Sheldon wants another RA he needs to come up with a compelling reason cause this whole bureaucracy thing isn't Amy's cup of tea at all and he needs to learn how to deal with relationships without contractual backup. I mean, if they revamp how the RA works for them, as in "less red tape talk about useless committees and filing nonsense papers" but more "let's use this meeting to improve our relationship" (because I do think the RA as an idea has its benefits) then yes, I can see how this could work. But not the kind of old style with Sheldon wanting to tie human interaction up into administrative procedures.

But time is working against him (and the writers) cause the longer they wait the more unbelievable it will be if he suddenly wants one even though he and Amy seem to do just fine for what? 5+ months already?? (Not that this has stopped the writers before, but whatever.)

I sincerely hope they never bring up the talk of a contractual agreement between Sheldon and Amy ever again, if he does I will be yelling at the tv saying Sheldon what a dumb ass you are and cursing the writers. Talk about one step forward and two steps back if it happens.

• Like 3

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning peeps! Let me clear up and give a more in depth shamy reportings!   There were 2 takes of the second kiss... As they finish kissing the first time round. They break apart. Sheld

Ok fellow Shamies, I typed up this report on the plane home just now. I've just landed and have another hour or so until I'll be home, but I thought I'd post this at least for you all real quick.  Sor

Oh...I thought someone has already posted a TR? No? Ok. First of all, English is not my first language, so I may have misunderstood a lot of the lines. Please forgive me if the episode turns out

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I sincerely hope they never bring up the talk of a contractual agreement between Sheldon and Amy ever again, if he does I will be yelling at the tv saying Sheldon what a dumb ass you are and cursing the writers. Talk about one step forward and two steps back if it happens.

lmao, yes. As said if they try that they'd better come up with a really really good reason or else it's complete nonsense at this point. If they did that shortly after their reconciliation it would be less of a problem but now? Ehhh...

But of course I wouldn't be mad if they use it as part of some bait-and-switch humour like Sheldon tells Amy he wants her to sign another legal document to solidify their relationship and before Amy gets too annoyed at the idea of a new ridiculous RA he's asking her to marry him and that document he talked about would be their marriage certificate. I'm sure it's been done in endless kitschy fanfics but whatever.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, April said:

Hey everyone! I haven't had much time yesterday to share my thoughts on the episode as per usual and now you've already talked about most points already but here are my two cents on Shamy and some related things anyway:

First of all, this isn't my favourite episode this season by a long shot, to say the least. ugh Some of the jokes really didn't land for me at all, some characters showed some really ugly sides (ugh Raj!, do they have to bully Stuart so relentlessly??) and the lack of proper resolution to the conflicts is of course rather unsatisfying and only raises the expectations for the finale because OMG DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE LIVING ARRANGEMENTS FFS!!!!11

Anyway... Salvaging some of the good stuff here:

- As much as the conflict about the RMA may have been forced I do think it's good that it was brought up and at least someone is unsatisfied with the living arrangements. I think that after all this S9 homoeostasis *something* needs to happen and if it starts like this then whatever, I take it. I also quite like that they kinda linked it to the now obsolete RA. As much as I like the quirkiness about Sheldon's contracts I also think he needs to learn how to deal with these kind of relationships without a contractual backup. It seems to work well with Amy so far, getting rid of the RMA is the next logical step. (Of course I wish that Leonard hadn't stopped at "We don't need a RMA!" and continued with the obvious "We don't even need to live here!!" but alas, another time then!)

- As much as it may pain some people who had idolised the RA and the idea that Amy is totally into it, I found the scene when she admits she wasn't a fan of the boring meetings and faked her interest both hilarious and an important step forward to compare the old and new Shamy dynamic at play. Amy feigning interest to make Sheldon happy or get something out of it is nothing new (just take the iconic scene that led to PLEASE! PASS! THE BUTTER!! lmao), but her openly admitting it in such a playfully teasing manner certainly is. It's important for me to know that Amy can say "You know this didn't work for me in the past." without fearing to risk their relationship. She feels secure enough in their relationship now to be completely honest even if it might upset Sheldon for a moment - but by the end of the episode they sit shoulder to shoulder at the hospital so ultimately it wasn't a big deal (they could have easily have them sit apart like Lenny but they didn't).

- As for Amy's motives to stand by Leonard I'm relieved that she didn't come across as jealous or anything. She couldn't care less and I believe her with the way Mayim played her. She's annoyed by the way Penny manipulates Sheldon but the examples* she brought up were less about "Oh Penny has such a special bond with Sheldon" like back in S7 but more "She's mothering him too much and tricking him into doing things to her advantage". Putting this into context of other episodes it fits cause Amy has a huge interest in Sheldon growing up a bit more and so many people coddling him isn't doing him any good. (*though some of them are BS and I'll be hanging out on @wowbagger's WTF couch for a beer or two lol)

- Likewise I like that she's cluing Leonard in as well so that at least he has some ammo if he's ever hoping to get out of that 4A clusterfuck of a living arrangement. And yeah, Amy is an outsider as she's the one who isn't living there. I don't think it's her place to be the one to push for a change, especially at the danger that she might be fighting the fight alone. But this kind of makeshift alliance with Leonard is a way to throw a wrench into the machine and see what comes up.

As always, here's hoping something good comes out of this. Fingers crossed for the final taping!

P.s.: I wanna try Amy's spinach dip! LOL

I don´t like this behaviour of superiority either. The guys should know better, that it is not cool to treat others like that, because they have experienced it as well. So treating Stuart, who I guess still gives them discounts on comic books and who took care of Howard´s mother when nobody else wanted, doesn´t give them any right to treat him like that, especially since they know that he has tendencies to suicide (his comment about putting his head into the oven, was really alarming for me and not funny at all!). If someone I know would say something like that, I would want to know, why he/she feels the urge to do that and I would want to help this person and I wouldn´t make fun of this person.

BTW I think Stuart looked great in his GoT costume and I can´t wait to see season 6 of it!

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 5

The one thing I fear for our couple is the damned living arrangements in 4A, and the fact that it continues to drag on for over one year. Amy knows she's on deck to wear a wedding ring and marry her guy (yes, I'm one who assumes she would absolutely say yes to the marriage) BUT will she be okay with an engagement/marriage while Lenny continue to hole up in 4A with Sheldon? I dunno but my guess is no. Even if we're talking some sort of weird arrangement in which they are only engaged with out a wedding date set pending the eventual move out, this would entail a conversation between Shamy about the living arrangements. It hasn't happened at all in this time.

Maybe this last episode is moving that way. Something has to give. Ideally, and some of us have championed this idea here, is that Sheldon figures it out and has a sit down with Lenny to explain its time to go (preferably BEFORE he proposes). That, however, would be a big deal with Sheldon and show a lot of growth with him and I'm not sure he is there yet. It would be great if he was!

What I don't want to see is some invented drama in which Amy and Sheldon fight over it. Not squabble, but fight. Would hate to see some sort of cutesy proposal scene that gets spoiled by the continuing living arrangement issue, with a panicked or upset Amy having to turn it down until it's resolved. Yuck.

Not being a downer on our couple, because like I've said before I really like where we are at with them! BUT I never put it past this group of writers to turn things up a notch or two with Shamy to keep people coming back for more. Things have been pretty well the second half of S9 and my fear is that the writers may decide to use the 4A arrangements to toy with things between Shamy a bit. I hope not.

Here's to hoping Lenny get it together and push the issue.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

The one thing I fear for our couple is the damned living arrangements in 4A, and the fact that it continues to drag on for over one year. Amy knows she's on deck to wear a wedding ring and marry her guy (yes, I'm one who assumes she would absolutely say yes to the marriage) BUT will she be okay with an engagement/marriage while Lenny continue to hole up in 4A with Sheldon? I dunno but my guess is no. Even if we're talking some sort of weird arrangement in which they are only engaged with out a wedding date set pending the eventual move out, this would entail a conversation between Shamy about the living arrangements. It hasn't happened at all in this time.

Maybe this last episode is moving that way. Something has to give. Ideally, and some of us have championed this idea here, is that Sheldon figures it out and has a sit down with Lenny to explain its time to go (preferably BEFORE he proposes). That, however, would be a big deal with Sheldon and show a lot of growth with him and I'm not sure he is there yet. It would be great if he was!

What I don't want to see is some invented drama in which Amy and Sheldon fight over it. Not squabble, but fight. Would hate to see some sort of cutesy proposal scene that gets spoiled by the continuing living arrangement issue, with a panicked or upset Amy having to turn it down until it's resolved. Yuck.

Not being a downer on our couple, because like I've said before I really like where we are at with them! BUT I never put it past this group of writers to turn things up a notch or two with Shamy to keep people coming back for more. Things have been pretty well the second half of S9 and my fear is that the writers may decide to use the 4A arrangements to toy with things between Shamy a bit. I hope not.

Here's to hoping Lenny get it together and push the issue.

My guess is that the writers will not even mention the living arrangements until they decide time is right for changing them (hopefully this season finale, but I'm not holding my breath for that...) I mean, think about last episode, everything was interrupted before anyone could ask the "right" questions and the fight itself had nothing to do with the core problem. The closest Leonard came to the subject was when he said "why do we need a RA?", he didn't say "Why do we live here?", which would have been the only reasonable question to ask himself, Penny and Sheldon. If Amy (or anyone else) says she is not happy with the LA, or turns down a proposal because of them, then it would be clear they are a problem, whereas the writers are facing the whole situation like it's the most normal thing in the world. That's more or less what is happening with the ring; if the writers made Amy ask Sheldon something about it or mention the subject again, then it would be clear that ignoring the ring is a problem; the writers, instead, want us to think that what's happening it's perfectly normal. Al things considered, I'm confident drama is over for this season for Shamy and, if it not the case, it won't come from those "forbidden" topics, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

My guess is that the writers will not even mention the living arrangements until they decide time is right for changing them (hopefully this season finale, but I'm not holding my breath for that...) I mean, think about last episode, everything was interrupted before anyone could ask the "right" questions and the fight itself had nothing to do with the core problem. The closest Leonard came to the subject was when he said "why do we need a RA?", he didn't say "Why do we live here?", which would have been the only reasonable question to ask himself, Penny and Sheldon. If Amy (or anyone else) says she is not happy with the LA, or turns down a proposal because of them, then it would be clear they are a problem, whereas the writers are facing the whole situation like it's the most normal thing in the world. That's more or less what is happening with the ring; if the writers made Amy ask Sheldon something about it or mention the subject again, then it would be clear that ignoring the ring is a problem; the writers, instead, want us to think that what's happening it's perfectly normal. Al things considered, I'm confident drama is over for this season for Shamy and, if it not the case, it won't come from those "forbidden" topics, LOL!

oh I am confident that we'll ride out the rest of S9 drama free, Im thinking of S10 if we start off with Lenny having a cup at the island in 4A lol...sooner or later it will come to a head for Shamy if not resolved

• Like 4

Am I the only one who think the finale will not be about living arrangement or proposal or coitus or anything? I don't think general audience consider these as "problems". It's us fans who're obsessed with them haha. And the writers will continue to deliberately avoid these problems because they don't know what to do.

• Like 1

I can´t see Sheldon telling Lenny that they should move out, because he´s happy with the current living situation, so much, that he even added into the Roommate Agreement. She even participates at the meetings.

But if we look at the other end, what if after the Lenny wedding part 2, Leonard´s gets meditative and starts to re-evaluate their living situation? What if he says, that he doesn´t want to live with Sheldon anymore? What if Sheldon takes it personally and has a fight with Leonard which end with Leonard moving out with Penny and Sheldon ending alone in 4a? I guess Amy would help him first, but after a certain period of time, she would tell Sheldon what she doesn´t want to be a substitution for Leonard and that she wants Sheldon to learn to become independent and do things alone?

Of course it would be hard for Sheldon to alone first. Imagine he comes home with food, serves the food on the table and realizes that he bought food for two people? It would be sad of course, but I really want him to learn to live on his own, to mature, so he doesn´t take Amy for granted and makes her takes Leonard´s place? I don´t want him to be like Howard, I want him to clean his apartment, to buy food, hopefully learns to cook (cooking men are so sexy!), to drive himself everywhere he wants (and to drive his lady to restaurant or wherever), etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I want him to clean his apartment, to buy food, hopefully learns to cook (cooking men are so sexy!), to drive himself everywhere he wants (and to drive his lady to restaurant or wherever), etc.

Yes to all! Btw, I think he is rather obsessive about cleaning, and of course he can cook, just look at his awesome sourdough bread:-) Probably just like driving he prefers not to most of the time. I don't really think it would be so difficult for him.

• Like 2

I would love it if the finale were drama-free, but that doesn't sound like the writers we know and love, so if we have to have tension, I hope it's about the problems that already exist, which would most likely mean something related to living situations.  Like, Amy and Leonard find out that Lenny and Sheldon still live together because Penny is scared (and that Sheldon is ready to live with Amy).  Or Leonard finally snaps or whatever.  

I will be bummed if they throw a surprise ooc problem at Shamy like they did with Leonard kissing someone else last year.  

3 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

I will be bummed if they throw a surprise ooc problem at Shamy like they did with Leonard kissing someone else last year.  

Three angsty Shamy finales in a row?

God, I hope not.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, shamour said:

Yes to all! Btw, I think he is rather obsessive about cleaning, and of course he can cook, just look at his awesome sourdough bread:-) Probably just like driving he prefers not to most of the time. I don't really think it would be so difficult for him.

Oh, I forgot about that! :shy:

Shame on me!

The last time that he cooked on screen was when he did his eggs experiment.

Anyway, it would be nice if he would cook for Amy something "exotic".

I liked his experiments with ice cream.

How about a salad with silkworms or a bark-beetle onion dip? :icon_cheesygrin:

Amy: Mmm, Sheldon this salad is delicious! I mean these croutons are so crunchy.

Sheldon: These aren´t croutons. BTW, do you know how much silkworms splatter if you try to cut them into pieces?

• Like 1

That´s right an alone living Sheldon would be s much fun to watch.

He could do crazy things like instead of using the bathroom from 7 a.m. - 7.20 a.m. he could use it from 6.30 a.m. to 6.50 a.m. LOL

Plus he could be involved in situations he would have never gotten into if he had someone who would have warned him.

He could buy a van that looks like the "Mistery Wagon" from Scooby Doo or a Delorean.

And on his way home in his van he could pick up some kids who were waiting for the bus and drive them home.

I would laugh out loud, if he had to explain a police officer, what all these kids are doing in his van.

Edited by Desdemona

Ok guys, the sets for the finale are out (see Discussion Thread); nothing seems particularly Shamy related, maybe it's good news since last two season finale weren't exactly nice for our babies. So, very low expectations right now. I hope for some nice interaction between Amy and Mary (even if she is not there in person, maybe Sheldon might have a Skype call with his mother in front of Amy or something like that) and, if indeed there is a redo (as it looks very likely since a set is a restaurant set up for a banquet) I hope that Shamy might dance together and/or sharing some sweet moments...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Ok guys, the sets for the finale are out (see Discussion Thread); nothing seems particularly Shamy related, maybe it's good news since last two season finale weren't exactly so nice for our babies. So, very low expectations right now. I hope for some nice interaction between Amy and Mary (even if she is not there in person, maybe Sheldon might have a Skype call with his mother in front of Amy or something like that) and, if indeed there is a redo (as it looks very likely since one set is a restaurant set up for a banquet) I hope that Shamy might dance together and/or sharing some sweet moments...

I would love to see them dancing slowly to the music, very close, while they look into each others eyes deeply.  :tender:

• Like 2

Hi guys we dont know where what happen with sheldon at the picture theatre do we since there a resturant set up maybe  thats we he went to book a resturant ?i know its a bit far fetched but who knows what happen with sheldon in episode 23