[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

"Pre-breakup Amy would have probably bottled up her frustrations more or even caved in and not gone out when she wanted to. "

Or he would have gone, 'whining but acquiescent' as someone once described him, and taken revenge on her somehow.

BTW  are there really public massages in malls ? I wonder why he really tried to stop her getting one ? I imagine if they're public they won't get too personal.

Yes, there are but they're not too personal. Just google it and you'll quickly find some pictures that should give you an idea how this looks. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, April said:

Yes, there are but they're not too personal. Just google it and you'll quickly find some pictures that should give you an idea how this looks. lol

Still...I bet Sheldon was just watching from his tiny train thinking "Only I get to touch the vixen" coupled with his patented "She's not for you" pout. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

Really loved Shamy in the beginning of this episode!

One of the things that always bothered me is when Sheldon is pictured as this type of possessive person and Amy going along with it (in fanfics etc), obviously we all prefer different things in relationships and see different sides in tv relationships, I know some people who like possessiveness/jealousy, but I personally am strongly against it, that's not a relationship I wanna ship... So if Amy did not have a massage from a guy because Sheldon didn't want her to, I would be really upset with her and with him... But she did so go Amy! Still not very happy with Sheldon being against it though...  He's probably the most conservative character I've ever shipped tbh

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jedichic98 said:

Still...I bet Sheldon was just watching from his tiny train thinking "Only I get to touch the vixen" coupled with his patented "She's not for you" pout. :icon_cheesygrin:

Headcanon accepted! :icon_wink:

2 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

One of the things that always bothered me is when Sheldon is pictured as this type of possessive person and Amy going along with it (in fanfics etc), obviously we all prefer different things in relationships and see different sides in tv relationships, I know some people who like possessiveness/jealousy, but I personally am strongly against it, that's not a relationship I wanna ship... So if Amy did not have a massage from a guy because Sheldon didn't want her to, I would be really upset with her and with him... But she did so go Amy! Still not very happy with Sheldon being against it though...  He's probably the most conservative character I've ever shipped tbh

I think his occasional jealousy is sweet and funny - as long as it's in small doses. Some fanfics really go over board with this and even certain intense discussions here in the thread earlier this season. Sheldon may not like it but he can deal with it like a grown up!

Probably overthinking this but it also sounds like another strike against the old RA that had a clause against Amy having physical contact with another guy and I think back then a massage would've fallen under that. lol

• Like 6

I'm thinking that Amy got one of those chair massages, where you stay clothed, and they massage your neck and upper back.  That would be groping in Sheldon's book!

I was wondering about Sheldon drinking all of that wine at Big Bear when he has been a non-drinker for so long.  I think it makes sense for the writers to have him say, I've gone along with you drinking recently, and I don't want to do that again so soon.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, April said:

I think his occasional jealousy is sweet and funny - as long as it's in small doses. Some fanfics really go over board with this and even certain intense discussions here in the thread earlier this season. Sheldon may not like it but he can deal with it like a grown up!

Probably overthinking this but it also sounds like another strike against the old RA that had a clause against Amy having physical contact with another guy and I think back then a massage would've fallen under that. lol

Idk, even if it's funny it still bothers me... Actually that whole clause in RA really really bothered me. I'm trying to forget it existed : D I'm so happy the RA is no more !

• Like 1

On 4/29/2016 at 9:09 AM, brilliantfool said:

Oh come on ! Amy was also possessive of Sheldon when he went to UC Berkeley so he gave him a whistle if some girl chased him(Skywalker Incursion). 

Amy was also jealous of a bird when Sheldon showed it affection.

Amy was jealous of a vacuum cleaner because Sheldon was pre-occupied with it . So she kicked it. LOL

Amy was jealous of Sheldon's assistant Alex, so much that she licked all his office supplies ! LOL.  

Amy has frequently shown jealousy towards Penny /Sheldon friendship. 

I also thought it was creepy that Amy had hid sleepover supplies all over Sheldon's apartment in the Fort Episode. But it was funny too.

I think all that Amy's behavior  is way more irrational than anything Sheldon did LOL. But its also  funny and comedic and endearing. Same with Sheldon.

So I think  they are both possessive and jealous sometimes  and its usually played for laughs and comedy ! We don't need to read too much into it. Sheldon is probably still the most secure of all guys.  Leonard, Howard and Raj are way more insecure.

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

Oh come on ! Amy was also possessive of Sheldon when he went to UC Berkeley so he gave him a whistle if some girl chased him(Skywalker Incursion). 

Amy was also jealous of a bird when Sheldon showed it affection.

Amy was jealous of a vacuum cleaner because Sheldon was pre-occupied with it . So she kicked. LOL

Amy was jealous of Sheldon's assistant Alex, so much that she licked all his office supplies ! LOL.  

Amy has frequently shown jealousy towards Penny /Sheldon friendship. 

I also thought it was creepy that Amy had hid sleepover supplies all over Sheldon's apartment in the Fort Episode. But it was funny too.

I think all that Amy's behavior  is way more irrational than anything Sheldon did LOL. But its funny and comedic and endearing.

So I think  they are both possessive and jealous sometimes  and its usually played for laughs and comedy ! So we don't need to read too much into it. Sheldon is probably still the most secure of all guys.  Leonard, Howard and Raj are way more insecure.

Did I say anywhere I enjoy Amy being possessive? I don't like both of them or anyone else being possessive or jealous.

That said, I will read into anything as much or as little as I want, that is my right =)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I thought we were almost reaching 2000 pages, but we're still stuck at 991 lol. Come on, people!

LOL it's because we're getting off-topic so often.

How about someone suggests a Shamy-centric topic?

Has anybody noticed how Sheldon stopped enjoying being alone all the time? If he can't be with Amy or with the guys, he's always seeking companionship? Like it happened in the episode he joins Raj at work or in this last one inviting Bernie to spend time with him?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

I'm not very wise to the Shamy fan scene. Does anyone know a good video of a compilation of Shamy kisses or moments that includes season 9?

Something like this?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Back in Season 5, he preferred working with Amy, to spending his vacation alone.

I don't think it really was so much about working with Amy, in a "spend time with my girlfriend" kind of way--when she mentioned the romantic aspect of Madame Curie and her husband working together, Sheldon said that it "killed the mood".  He was there for an interesting shift in science focus, emulating Feynman working in his friend's biology lab.

I'm sure he'd rather spend his vacation time hanging out with a friend, or Amy, to being forced to being idle, but I think that Sheldon would probably find ways to entertain himself if he were forced to be alone.  He likes his alone time, too, doesn't he?

But it's true that there's no much humor to be gleaned from such a thing.  What made his alone time interesting in S1 when he got fired was that they showed how he was going from project to project trying to entertain himself, etc..

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, April said:

Something like this?

OMG I could watch that about fifty million times. Thank you! Are there more? Like something that shows their progression? It's a drug.

Edited by EggCoriander

36 minutes ago, Lady in Red said:

I can't see that there would be a lot of humor in watching him read a book alone, or whatever, for an entire evening.  But,  if anyone could pull that off, it would be Jim Parsons. 

he did play that invented three person chess game against himself so youre right!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, karyshamy said:

Has anybody noticed how Sheldon stopped enjoying being alone all the time? If he can't be with Amy or with the guys, he's always seeking companionship? Like it happened in the episode he joins Raj at work or in this last one inviting Bernie to spend time with him?

It also happened when he wants to go with the group to Vegas - and he doesn't even like Vegas!  I think there's definitely a shift in that. In the past a lot of the humour was derived from him trying to avoid this or getting dragged into some activity kicking and screaming (literally during the Bachelor Party episode LOL). But now they're getting some mileage out of Sheldon being the one who's actively seeking out people and wanting to spend time with his friends, much to everybody's befuddlement. It seems the old advice about how he should appreciate is friends has finally sunken in somewhen during the breakup when he not only thought he lost Amy but also feared eventually losing everybody else as their lives drift apart. The lesson learned during 9x07 certainly seemed to help make it stick this time.

• Like 5