[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

Maybe Sheldon and Amy can invent 5D chess in season 10. 

I know, there is very little overlap between physics and neuroscience, but it would be great if Amy had Sheldon as a consultant on some math she is using . Neuroscientists frequently use  algorithms and pattern matching. Would be very funny.

I really miss Sheldon's Caltech office and Amy's lab.

Edited by serena_nyc1995

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

OMG I could watch that about fifty million times. Thank you! Are there more? Like something that shows their progression? It's a drug.

Oh there are surely more but I haven't found many good ones yet that include S9 - there's probably more of them when everyone's getting bored during the hiatus. lol

I could dig out some of my old faves if you'd like.

I didn't get a chance to say anything about this past episode, which I enjoyed despite the lack of Shamy.  The first scene where they bicker over the massage/train incident made me happy because I think it was a nice reminder how much time Amy and Sheldon are spending together off screen.  I don't know.  It made me happy.   

1 hour ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

I know, there is very little overlap between physics and neuroscience, but it would be great if Amy had Sheldon as a consultant on some math she is using . Neuroscientists frequently use  algorithms and pattern matching. Would be very funny.

I really miss Sheldon's Caltech office and Amy's lab.

I miss those sets too! I would love to see them working on some kind of science project in Season 10. This season has focused a lot on relationships, and then there is also the whole Superfluid Helium/ navigation system storyline... it would be great if next season they could combine these two themes (relationships/ science) with a storyline like you suggested. It could also make for some great comedy moments, which is always a good thing. :shy:

8 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

OMG I could watch that about fifty million times. Thank you! Are there more? Like something that shows their progression? It's a drug.

I will self promote. If you click on my YouTube link at the bottom of my signature. I have made a few Shamy videos.

11 hours ago, karyshamy said:

Has anybody noticed how Sheldon stopped enjoying being alone all the time? If he can't be with Amy or with the guys, he's always seeking companionship? Like it happened in the episode he joins Raj at work or in this last one inviting Bernie to spend time with him?

"Thought that I would be alone forever, but I won't be tonight" - Song that I don't recall the name, but has a good beat

8 hours ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

LOL, 3D is in a different perspective, 4D might have smells, 5D will be played by two holograms? Only these two can invent that!

I loved how thoughtful Sheldon was in regards to designing the D&D game so Bernie would really get to enjoy it.  He incorporated all the things she was missing, made it exciting and fun and she got to kick ass.  Awesome!  I love the soft spot those two have for each other.  It's sweet to see.

10 hours ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

5D chess huh.gif 

BTW: I may have missed it, but I don't recall Shamy ever having a proper kiss, in view of any of their friends.

Isn't it time they did?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

8 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

5D chess huh.gif 

BTW: I may have missed it, but I don't recall Shamy ever having a proper kiss, in view of any of their friends.

Isn't it time they did?

On American TV the marriage ceremony ends with 'You may now kiss the bride' so they won't be able to avoid it then, assuming their friends turn up.

5 hours ago, Ranger Rosa said:

"Thought that I would be alone forever, but I won't be tonight" - Song that I don't recall the name, but has a good beat

LOL, 3D is in a different perspective, 4D might have smells, 5D will be played by two holograms? Only these two can invent that!

If you take time as the 4th dimension, 4D chess is Shamy playing in 2 different points of time. Time travel basically.

So I believe 5D would be 2 different timelines , Shamy playing chess in 2 different universes. Sheldon believes in the multi-verse theory so it adds up.

Now,  all that is only possible if Shamy finish Einstein's work and somehow invent a time machine. 

However, I believe, 5 person chess is different from 5D chess. So I can see Shamy inventing that. Because I think Amy is smarter than Leonard. IMO  Sheldon/Amy made a better intellectual team than Sheldon/Leonard. The writers  just never let Shamy  be a team LOL.

Edited by serena_nyc1995

3 hours ago, joyceraye said:

On American TV the marriage ceremony ends with 'You may now kiss the bride' so they won't be able to avoid it then, assuming their friends turn up.

Sorry, but it's "may" not "must"...

And sorry again, but did anyone else notice Sheldon calling Bernadette "little lady"? I thought that was his pet name for Amy, makes me a bit sad... on the other hand I liked their banter at the beginning of the ep, they're not cautious around each other any more but feel secure and comfortable! :-)

Hello everybody,

It's been a long time since the last time I posted here, due to my personal life (in good ways). Now I have time, I can read your posts.

I kept watching the episodes. We don't have a lot of ShAmy interactions, but the little we had was positive.

I like their flirting scene in the cabin episode, their little "fight" like an old couple in the last episode. They are all fine !

I am a little disappointed we don't have an other big shamy event at the end of the season, but this season was very focused on them. So we can wait for the next season. :)

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

5D chess huh.gif 

Isn't it time they did?

Well, it kind of depends on what you mean by a "proper kiss", but the only time I can recall them kissing in front of any other members of the group was in "The Shiny Trinket Maneuver", when Sheldon gave Amy her tiara, and they kissed in front of Penny. (Still one of my all time favourite scenes!)

Also, in another episode: (sorry, can't quite recall which one.)

Raj: You guys kiss and hold hands.

Leonard: I've seen them do it. It's not romantic.

So then Leonard's obviously seen them kiss at some point, but as "it's not romantic" I doubt it would fall under any definition of a "proper kiss" lol.

But anyway, in answer to your question, absolutely. :icon_wink:

6 minutes ago, x~Jess~x said:

but the only time I can recall them kissing in front of any other members of the group was in "The Shiny Trinket Maneuver", when Sheldon gave Amy her tiara, and they kissed in front of Penny.

That was more a case of Amy kissing Sheldon, who didn't reciprocate.

I want to see a proper, mutual, full on kiss, on the lines of the couch kisses from Opening Night Excitation.

So then Leonard's obviously seen them kiss at some point, but as "it's not romantic" I doubt it would fall under any definition of a "proper kiss" lol.

I don't think it would fall under the definition.

But anyway, in answer to your question, absolutely. :icon_wink:

I hope we get one soon.

I mean, they've been dating for about 4.5 years, so it's about time.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

6 hours ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

If you take time as the 4th dimension, 4D chess is Shamy playing in 2 different points of time. Time travel basically.

So I believe 5D would be 2 different timelines , Shamy playing chess in 2 different universes. Sheldon believes in the multi-verse theory so it adds up.

Now,  all that is only possible if Shamy finish Einstein's work and somehow invent a time machine. 

I think you may be interested to know that Quantum Chess has been played and Stephen Hawking was involved in this game involving time travel over the course of 700 years.  I think Shamy playing Quantum Chess would be great.  Thanks to the people at Caltech for this most clever video.  Enjoy!

Edited by Lady in Red

So do we think we are going to see some Shamy interaction between them and Amy's family next season? If they get engaged it would be logical but we don't know much about Amy's family situation other than growing up wasn't easy for her.

Of course they may just drop the fact she has family, her mother is rarely mentioned these days compared to earlier seasons.

39 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

So do we think we are going to see some Shamy interaction between them and Amy's family next season? If they get engaged it would be logical but we don't know much about Amy's family situation other than growing up wasn't easy for her.

Of course they may just drop the fact she has family, her mother is rarely mentioned these days compared to earlier seasons.

Being Sheldon an old-fashioned guy, I can see him asking Amy's mother (and father, if she has one...) her\their permission and that could be a good occasion to meet her\them in person. THB, anyway, in my wish list for Season 10 there's a story about Amy's family which doesn't involve Sheldon directly. Nothing overly dramatic, just I'd like to know her background and maybe having her in a situation where being Sheldon's girlfriend is not the main feature. Or Sheldon might support her during a fight with her parents, or something like that...

Now I've seen the trailer I understand better what the Stuart business is all about. I thought Sheldon had said he couldn't go and queue in the line because he was going shopping. It seems now as if it wouldn't be worth it because he'd be shopping in the afternoon during the movie. So, it wasn't going to be a short shop which would give him time to get back to the line, but a long one. Small wonder Amy was annoyed.

And he said, 'Amy's making me go shopping' - making  him. As if.