[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 9

Tensor

I'm a bit amused by the line of thinking that basically boils down to "Well, if you take out all the Shamy cuteness, there's no sign that they're in love!" Really?? Who would have thought! lol

The idea of who loves whom more is also hilarious when I think back to all the discussions here and the opinions would ping pong between "Sheldon is so much more appreciative of Amy than she is of him!" "No, clearly Amy shows so much more how much she loves him while he's a jerk!" "No, Sheldon is... " etc. LMAO

For me, the second half of the season had a lot of lovely moments between them. Some were flirty, some were quirky, and yes, some were also a bit tense but so far it always ended well with them strengthening their bond each step on the way. It's a pity some things haven't been resolved yet but I guess there's something to look forward to in S10 then!

Edited by April

• Replies 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• April

• A Shamy gal

• jenafan

• Amy Fowler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this was the final season we should be disappointed but it's not so there it at least another season or maybe two to go for them to strengthen that relationship even more especially on a physical level.

I honestly believe that Season 10 will be a huge Shamy season with a lot of growth in it. If the writers don't seize those opportunities then is the time to vent lol.

7 hours ago, nibbler747 said:

I too would like to see a bit of giddy in love from Amy, loving him for his quirks and all.

I think it's a bit normal that the "giddiness" is not always there, after a six years relationship. That was at the very beginning of their relationship, where everything was "new" to Amy, even being actually in a relationship was new to her. It's normal that after a while "falling in love" turns into "being in love" and maybe you stop gushing over your SO and start build something with him, quirks and all. Moreover, even in the early phases of their relationship there were "rolling eyes" moments; in the very episode they became a couple, Amy said that comic books are lame and some episodes before she complained with Leonard about Sheldon's love for playing with trains; she called his contracts stupid once, also. She gushed over the RA and I'm convinced she liked it, their negotiations were cute and I'm sure she enjoyed them too, but there were parts of it she thought were not that good. The first thing she did after the break up was piercing her ears (which wasn't allowed in the RA) and now we know that she found the RA meetings a bit tedious. So...nothing new under the sun. She's has always though he is brilliant (and in a recent episode she defended his contribution to the patent vehemently with the others), she has always liked some of his quirkiness (the aquarium episode and the drinking game at the end of cabin episode come to mind...) and she has always found some of them a bit...annoying. Maybe in the first phases of the relationship she focused more on the good stuff and looked at him with pinky glasses, after she realized there are also things that she doesn't like, but overall, she is in love and she wants to build a future with him. I find she was giddy enough when they reconciled, in the Skype call in 9.12, in the cabin episode, during FwF. But I like that she is also able to address what she doesn't like in the relationship. Sheldon rolls his eyes  at Amy too (when she wanted to go to the cabin, when she bought him a the new laptop, in 9.23 he said "she made him go shopping"), but that's what happens in relationships as they grow. The problem is not rolling your eyes sometimes, the problem is finding reasons to be together despite it, and I think there are plenty of reasons for Amy and Sheldon to be together.

Edited by mirs1

I  think a lot of posters are justified in complaining. At this point,  Sheldon and Amy are more different than alike.

Sheldon had more fun with Bernie in 1 episode than with Amy in the entire season.

The least they could do was write some funny quirky follow up on their sex life. We didn't even get to see that nor did we see them do geeky fun stuff together.  No sex and no geekery and no science and no fun. Whats not to complain  ? LOL .

Edited by serena_nyc1995

7 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

How else are we gonna reach 1000 pages ? 

Sweet Shamy gifs? What beautiful things we want for Shamy to happen in Season 10? How cute they were in certain scenes in Season 9? 

Edited by mirs1

9 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

We have a right to complain ! How else are we gonna reach 1000 pages ? 

Yes you do have the right to complain just like I do.  And I was just helping the goal to 1000 pages along.  Come on Serena, let's do what Mirs suggests and find some gifs!  

29 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Yes you do have the right to complain just like I do.  And I was just helping the goal to 1000 pages along.  Come on Serena, let's do what Mirs suggests and find some gifs!  

May I help you out here? :shy:

sham_014.gif

Ok even I think this is ridiculous. Sheldon had more fun with Bernie than with Amy in the entire season? Lol seriously? How about 9x20 tag scene? Their date at the acquiruim? When Sheldon opened the new laptop that Amy bought him for the first time? Their first ever live FWF?

And honestly I think Sheldon mostly was having fun with himself in 9x22. He played with model trains, he made different kinds of toasts and he designed the D&D game. Those are all the things he liked. Of course he would have a good time. It didn't have to be Bernie. If Emily was there, he would still have had a good time.

And I think there's a difference between complaining about the storylines and complaining about Amy while believing Sheldon is the always right and everybody should always make HIM happy because others don't matter. 

Edited by camelliayao

8x24 they broke up and looked heartbroken. 9x24 back together and on the verge of getting engaged (well that's an assumption, but I don 't think the writers can legitimately stop them from get engaged in Season 10).

I am way happier going into Season 10 than I was going into Season 9.

Well, I just think there is a double standard displayed when it comes to Shamy. Like if Sheldon had abandoned Amy in Fish Guts Displacement, he would be crucified. But Amy abandoning Sheldon in 9x13 is treated as a non- issue by the writers.

Similarly, Sheldon is not allowed to  get an apology from Amy for side-tracking FWF due to Raj/Kripke or for Amy choosing Leonard in the GOT episode. Yet Amy is allowed to complain for an entire episode in Habitual Configuration about Sheldon not taking her side against Will Wheaton.

Basically it goes- If Amy disregards Sheldon, she is strong and amazing, but if Sheldon disregards Amy, he is the worst boyfriend ever. Sheldon is judged much more harshly than Amy. Similarly, Penny is judged very harshly compared to Leonard. 

That said, here's hoping for good things in season 10 :shy:. Sincere apologies if I offended anyone :shy:. Not my intention. I just think, that since they are doing Sheldon's character development, they could also improve the writing for Amy a bit, as someone in the spoiler free Shamy thread also pointed out.

Edited by serena_nyc1995

@Soopysue and @mirs1, just for the record, when I said I want some Amy giddiness it was something I'd like to see.  I'm not saying that I expect  that all the time or that's how I expect her to behave at this point in their relationship all the time.  I know they've had some sweet moments since the reconciliation.

What Amy loves and missed about Sheldon was a huge part of what was missing for me during their break up.  So all I wanted was a line somewhere where she says how much he means to her.  I liked when she embraced his eccentricities.

24 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

Well, I just think there is a tiny double standard displayed when it comes to Shamy. Like if Sheldon had abandoned Amy in Fish Guts Displacement, he would be crucified. But Amy abandoning Sheldon in 9x13 is treated as a non- issue by the writers.

Similarly, Sheldon is not allowed to  get an apology from Amy for side-tracking FWF due to Raj/Kripke or for Amy choosing Leonard in the GOT episode. Yet Amy is allowed to complain for an entire episode in Habitual Configuration about Sheldon not taking her side against Will Wheaton.

Basically it goes- If Amy disregards Sheldon, she is strong and amazing, but if Sheldon disregards Amy, he is the worst boyfriend ever. Sheldon is judged much more harshly than Amy. Similarly, Penny is judged very harshly compared to Leonard. 

That said, here's hoping for good things in season 10 :shy:. Sincere apologies if I offended anyone :shy:. Not my intention. I just think, that since they are doing Sheldon's character development, they could also improve the writing for Amy a bit, as someone in the spoiler free Shamy thread also pointed out.

I would agree that sometimes Sheldon does get more of the blame especially on here, but Sheldon gets a lot of heat anyway because of the Lenny situation and people thinking he's this malevolent force that is majorly holding them back.

Sheldon in my view probably does screw up more than Amy does (Sheldon is more introverted and has difficulty at times realizing when he has messed up) when they do fall out but Amy isn't flawless herself, she does make mistakes when it comes to Sheldon and their relationship. I can only speak for myself but I think I've been pretty fair when assigning blame, for example the breakup was probably more down to Sheldon but the way Amy went about it she wasn't blameless.

You haven't offended anyone, at the end of the day you are calling it how you see it and ultimately it's bloody obvious that you want the very best for Shamy. We all want to see a lot more growth and love between them in Season 10.

Edited by Jonny83