[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

Not sure how TPTB plan to deal with this.

I just hope quickly and in a way that makes it seem not as bad. 

Furthermore, once over this whatever the kiss was or wasn't--deal with the engagement and living arrangements.  Enough stalling!    I want to see what made me ship this couple in the first place on screen. 

As much I would love to see lenny married with just the two of them and I don't mind them getting married in vegas as long as it's seen on screen. it would be a slap in the face for Lenny and their fans if it happens off screen and would further prove that the writers do not give a shit about lenny. 8 years of lenny washed down the drain would not go down well with lenny fans. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

As much I would love to see lenny married with just the two of them and I don't mind them getting married in vegas as long as it's seen on screen. it would be a slap in the face for Lenny and their fans if it happens off screen and would further prove that the writers do not give a shit about lenny. 8 years of lenny washed down the drain would not go down well with lenny fans. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It would be time to cancel the show to have an unseen wedding. Ratings would plummet. A 200th episode makes sense. Not having a big wedding this season would kill ratings. The shipping thread some thought a Shamy wedding first. I think Shamy fans would wait till the end of the show for a Shamy wedding. Lenny fans wouldn't.

• Like 5

It would be time to cancel the show to have an unseen wedding. Ratings would plummet. A 200th episode makes sense. Not having a big wedding this season would kill ratings. The shipping thread some thought a Shamy wedding first. I think Shamy fans would wait till the end of the show for a Shamy wedding. Lenny fans wouldn't.

If Shamy get married before Lenny now. it would feel rushed. Shamy have a way to go before they get there, at the moment it seems they are not on the same page hence the break/breakup. just like lenny in the past, work in progress. Lenny getting married in the 200th episode make sense but I don't know if it will happen then. They might just leave lenny to the end of the series which kinder make sense but will feel dragged. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Since 100th episode was very important for Penny and Leonard that perhaps 200th will be similar. Let’s hope so. And I agree Lenny fans have long waiting – too long.

• Like 3

Lenny have to get married on screen and not a small Howardette style wedding either, it must include family members and the rest of the gang. I NEED to see Penny's mom and brother and Leonard's father. If they don't have the fairytale wedding, the show just wouldn't seem right to me, jmho. The 200th episode would be perfect for the wedding.

• Like 5

glad to see you tonstar joining me on the Shamy most hated list. LOL. I think as others have mentioned many factors were involved with only one Lenny/Penny question. Mayim was there. Lenny was non existent last year an TBH there is less interest in the show from the casual viewer. I believe it was three years ago the whole cast was there. this year it  was only two and they are both lesser important characters. Mayim only really got questions because of Jim/Sheldon. I know some are excited on here because it was mentioned that the ring situation with Shamy will be handled. but if TPTB are letting you know it now it seems that storyline is going to die. Actually no mentioned ofLenny is most likely a good sign since TPTB seem not to want to let go of that info.

• Like 1

Mayim only really got questions because of Jim/Sheldon. I know some are excited on here because it was mentioned that the ring situation with Shamy will be handled. but if TPTB are letting you know it now it seems that storyline is going to die. 

Hmm, not necessarily...you're not one of the writers so you don't know what their plans are for that ring.

• Like 1

In terms of fan interest, I think there are a lot of people interested in Shamy because of how much of an unconventional couple they are.

Not taking a stab on Lenny, but the awkward guy/popular,pretty girl have been the usual formula in romantic plots,been used a billion times already.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

Just because you love one ship, it does not mean that you are automatically against all other ships. I ship Shamy the hardest, but I also love Lenny and Howardette as well (Rajily not so much...). Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about each respective ship and if anything, the diversity of opinions makes for much more interesting discussion about the show.

Perfect! I don't get folks who think just because you like one ship you hate the others. Shamy is my OTP, but I am also a Lenny all the way. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Maybe they didn't talk about Lenny because they don't have a storyline designed for them yet... don't they say often that the storylines are written through the course of the season? Maybe dealing with the 'shamy-ring' situation in the beginning of the season, allows them to work Lenny better for mid-season/sweeps/final ep, etc... anyway, just conjectures.

• Like 1

Maybe they didn't talk about Lenny because they don't have a storyline designed for them yet... don't they say often that the storylines are written through the course of the season? Maybe dealing with the 'shamy-ring' situation in the beginning of the season, allows them to work Lenny better for mid-season/sweeps/final ep, etc... anyway, just conjectures.

We heard that last season oh there will be more Lenny in the second half of the season. Well that didn't turn out at all Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Molaro said in interview that will be few hours hiatus between the end of season 8 finale and the beginning of season 9 premiere. Penny and Leonard will be in Vegas. I wonder if they get married or not. You know, if season 9 might be again about Sheldon (lack of Lenny), so I think Lenny should get married – we should take what writers give, unfortunately.

We heard that last season oh there will be more Lenny in the second half of the season. Well that didn't turn out at all Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

yeah, you're right... it's just, i really can't come up with an explanation of why- IMO- Lenny has been given such a poor treatment. This and the turn they gave to Penny's career (that i never liked) makes me think like 'well, what can be worse?!' 

• Like 1

Molaro said in interview that will be few hours hiatus between the end of season 8 finale and the beginning of season 9 premiere. Penny and Leonard will be in Vegas. ...

I'm so pleased to hear that.

..and Shamy is on the list with so many things I don't understand but recognise as being real. Is it about the bad boy? I recently caught up with Cumberbatch's Sherlock. That was something. He is a self declared high-functioning sociopath who is endearing and frustrating. Sounds familiar. Does he engender the same affection? 

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 4

nah, i don't think so... i want to believe that by season 10 (supposedly, the final season) TPTB will give all couples the HEA they deserve (whatever that is in Raj's case lol). I mean, i favor Shamy, but i do want the other pairs to have a decent development for their stories...

Like I've said before I wouldn't bet the farm in Nebraska on it Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

In terms of fan interest, I would personally be happy if they didn't show Shamy at all. However, I have friends here, other places on line, and IRL who adore them. I'm happy for those friends when they appear.  But, I don't think of Shamy as very unconventional.

Not taking a stab at Shamy, but it's nothing more than the trope of the woman who wants to change the man.   That's been overdone, since the beginning of time.   Or, the woman who has so little self confidence in relationships that she has a soft spot for a complete jerk,  who acts like a complete baby, but gives her just enough attention to keep her coming back, because she's so desperate to have someone pay her attention.      

FYI,Shamy is nowhere NEAR being the "woman trying to change his man" plot line,this is coming from someone who read tons of chic-lit with that plot line to last a lifetime.Amy's acts are nowhere the desperate attempts of trying to change Sheldon.TELLING OFF what she wants from Sheldon though,BUT not expecting any actions asap,is what she does.She's not desperate for Sheldon's attention either,not even close,based on real life situations or any chick lit.She wants more,yes,but not desperate. Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

I don't know if I could take another season like S8 if it starts with little or no Lenny or if they break them up again I'm going for a long sail Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Me too. I join you. still Mexico or round the world trip. :) Everyday I'm losing interest in the show. I have always given up on shows because of where they were going but I thought bbt will be the one I follow till the end but not so sure now. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic