[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

FYI,Shamy is nowhere NEAR being the "woman trying to change his man" plot line,this is coming from someone who read tons of chic-lit with that plot line to last a lifetime.Amy's acts are nowhere the desperate attempts of trying to change Sheldon.TELLING OFF what she wants from Sheldon though,BUT not expecting any actions asap,is what she does.She's not desperate for Sheldon's attention either,not even close,based on real life situations or any chick lit.She wants more,yes,but not desperate. Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

I really think she is trying to change Sheldon. If she wasn't they would had never got pass girl/friend to girl friend Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I really think she is trying to change Sheldon. If she wasn't they would had never got pass girl/friend to girl friend Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

It was Sheldon who initiated a relationship with her.She WANTED a relationship with him, threw hints on his way, but never told him face to face.

Edited by Chelle

Me too. I join you. still Mexico or round the world trip. :) Everyday I'm losing interest in the show. I have always given up on shows because of where they were going but I thought

bbt

will be the one I follow till the end but not so sure now. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I sailed from long beach to Hawaii spent 3 months and came back it might be the right time for Mexico after Nov 1 definitely losing interest in this show Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I sailed from long beach to Hawaii spent 3 months and came back it might be the right time for Mexico after Nov 1 definitely losing interest in this show Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Can't believe you came back for the shit that is S8 lol. That is awesome must have been a blast and a great voyage. :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It makes me sad to know that a few people are losing interest in the show, but it's understandable. I would hate to watch a couple that I really enjoyed not being treated the way I felt they should or the characters being changed and not in a good way. I always see the glass as half full and I feel that season 9 will correct the mistakes of season 8, I'm positive things will get better.

Edited by loriparis80
spelling error
  • Like 3

We heard that last season oh there will be more Lenny in the second half of the season. Well that didn't turn out at all Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

There was more Lenny in the 2nd half, though whether how much was there satisfied you or anyone else will vary.

I just don't understand why people are so fascinated by a lunatic that in real life they would never date or be friends with. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Why is that a requirement to like a fictional character?  As a viewer I like walter white as a fictional character, doesn't mean I would want anything to do with someone like that in real life.

• Like 1

FYI,Shamy is nowhere NEAR being the "woman trying to change his man" plot line,this is coming from someone who read tons of chic-lit with that plot line to last a lifetime.Amy's acts are nowhere the desperate attempts of trying to change Sheldon.TELLING OFF what she wants from Sheldon though,BUT not expecting any actions asap,is what she does.She's not desperate for Sheldon's attention either,not even close,based on real life situations or any chick lit.She wants more,yes,but not desperate. Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

She manipulated him by using Stewart, to get Sheldon to ask her to be his girlfriend.  She has a five year plan to get him to marry her.  She planned out a weekend train trip to get some attention from him.  I can give you more examples if you want.   Most people at that point would have given up, but she's desperate to have Sheldon and Sheldon, at times treats her like shit.

It's a horrendous, toxic relationship, in part,  along with a sweet, caring relationship, in part.   Just like Leonard and Penny, just like Howard and Bernadette, just like Raj and Emily.   All of whose relationships have problems between the couples, and each individual.   Look, if you want to look past the bad parts of the relationship, and enjoy the good parts, and tell us all about the good part of their relationship, have at it.  As I will look past the bad parts of Leonard and Penny and enjoy the good parts.  But point out what you think are the bad parts of the relationship I prefer, and I'll point out the bad parts of the one that you seemingly prefer.   

• Like 3

Why is that a requirement to like a fictional character?  As a viewer I like walter white as a fictional character, doesn't mean I would want anything to do with someone like that in real life.

It's not a requirement as you say but like I said don't understand it but for me I don't get it I guess people like the weird. :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It's a requirement for Tonstar, why should anyone else care?   As a viewer, it appears Tonstar needs to have characters they would like in real life to like fictionally.  Or, are you claiming there is something wrong with the way they watch the show?

• Like 3

She manipulated him by using Stewart, to get Sheldon to ask her to be his girlfriend.  She has a five year plan to get him to marry her.  She planned out a weekend train trip to get some attention from him.  I can give you more examples if you want.   Most people at that point would have given up, but she's desperate to have Sheldon and Sheldon, at times treats her like shit.

It's a horrendous, toxic relationship, in part,  along with a sweet, caring relationship, in part.   Just like Leonard and Penny, just like Howard and Bernadette, just like Raj and Emily.   All of whose relationships have problems between the couples, and each individual.   Look, if you want to look past the bad parts of the relationship, and enjoy the good parts, and tell us all about the good part of their relationship, have at it.  As I will look past the bad parts of Leonard and Penny and enjoy the good parts.  But point out what you think are the bad parts of the relationship I prefer, and I'll point out the bad parts of the one that you seemingly prefer.   

FYI, I didn't point out any flaws of Lenny's relationship. I point out the ROMANTIC PLOT of the Lenny relationship, which is not criticizing either. What is the criticism in pointing out that their relationship is based on the very much used nerdy guy/popular, pretty girl anyway?

FYI you're the only one criticizing here. .. and if you must know:

1. She manipulated him by using Stewart, to get Sheldon to ask her to be his girlfriend. - In case you forgot, it was PENNY who suggested Amy date Stuart since their (Amy and Sheldon) relationship is not going anywhere romantically. Amy just took up Penny's suggestion. It was NOT Amy's intention to make Sheldon jealous or something like that. Also, it was also PENNY who told Sheldon to go after Amy and sort their feelings out. Shouldn't you be blaming PENNY because the couple you don't even like got together?

2. She has a five year plan to get him to marry her.  - So what's your point? What's wrong in saying you have  a PLAN about marrying someone? It's not like she actually yield a shotgun in Sheldon's face and told him to "marry me or else I'll blow your brains out" in their anniversary.

3. She planned out a weekend train trip to get some attention from him. - It was a Valentine's weekend, and it was planned aligned in Sheldon's interest of trains, which is nothing sort of manipulation because manipulation is withholding something a person wants to blackmail that person into doing something you want.

You're the one criticizing here you know.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

FYI, I didn't point out any flaws of Lenny's relationship. I point out the ROMANTIC PLOT of the Lenny relationship, which is not criticizing either. What is the criticism in pointing out that their relationship is based on the very much used nerdy guy/popular, pretty girl anyway?
FYI you're the only one criticizing here. .. and if you must know:

1. She manipulated him by using Stewart, to get Sheldon to ask her to be his girlfriend. - In case you forgot, it was PENNY who suggested Amy date Stuart since their (Amy and Sheldon) relationship is not going anywhere romantically. Amy just took up Penny's suggestion.

2. She has a five year plan to get him to marry her.  - So what's really the criticism here? What's wrong in saying you have  a PLAN about marrying someone? It's not like she actually yield a shotgun in Sheldon's face and told him to "marry me or else I'll blow your brains out" in their anniversary.

3. She planned out a weekend train trip to get some attention from him. - It was a Valentine's weekend, and it was planned aligned in Sheldon's interest of trains, which is nothing sort of manipulation because manipulation is withholding something a person wants to blackmail that person into doing something you want.

You're the one getting defensive here you know.

I simply pointed out the plot of the Sheldon and Amy relatiionship contains elements of the desperate women trying to change the jerk of a guy because she wants attention.  When you said no it didn't, I gave examples.   Then point out all of the relationships have bad elements and good elements.  That's where the comedy comes from. 

1.  Penny suggested she date Stewart.  Penny didn't suggest she use Stewart to manipulate Sheldon, that was all Amy.  

2.  So, Sheldon doesn't have to change to get to where his willing to marry Amy? 

3.  Manipulation can also be giving something to someone, to get them to do what you want (remember Sheldon manipulating Penny by giving her chocolates?)  Amy manipulated him so he would go on the weekend trip, by giving him things she knew he would like, otherwise he would have gone.  

I thought your first answer to my post was defensive.  So let's drop that and concentrate on the examples.  

• Like 1

I simply pointed out the plot of the Sheldon and Amy relatiionship contains elements of the desperate women trying to change the jerk of a guy because she wants attention.  When you said no it didn't, I gave examples.   Then point out all of the relationships have bad elements and good elements.  That's where the comedy comes from. 

1.  Penny suggested she date Stewart.  Penny didn't suggest she use Stewart to manipulate Sheldon, that was all Amy.  

2.  So, Sheldon doesn't have to change to get to where his willing to marry Amy? 

3.  Manipulation can also be giving something to someone, to get them to do what you want (remember Sheldon manipulating Penny by giving her chocolates?)  Amy manipulated him so he would go on the weekend trip, by giving him things she knew he would like, otherwise he would have gone.  

I thought your first answer to my post was defensive.  So let's drop that and concentrate on the examples.  

Because their relationship doesn't even come CLOSE to manipulation or desperation. You haven't come across "hard core" manipulation/desperation of all sorts if what she does is already manipulation to you. In my psychology training what Amy does is friggin' normal for a girl who is experiencing her first romantic relationship.

1. Penny suggested she date Stewart.  Penny didn't suggest she use Stewart to manipulate Sheldon, that was all Amy.   - Seriously? Sheldon is the one who initiated a relationship with Amy and Amy is the one manipulating him? Can you tell me again why taking up PENNY's suggestion to date someone, WITHOUT ACTUALLY FLAUNTING HER DATE WITH STUART IN SHELDON'S FACE (she didn't tell Sheldon she'll date Stuart, nor threatened/mocked Sheldon about it.It was actually the guys, including YOUR LEONARD, who told him about it. In case you forgot, it was Stuart who was actually "flaunting" about their date on his FB account, not Amy), manipulation?

2. Sheldon came to terms on his OWN feelings which changed while in a relationship with Amy. He didn't change because Amy MANIPULATED HIM TO. He changed because of how his relationship with Amy affected him. If Amy manipulated him, Sheldon wouldn't be the Sheldon he is now.

3. I don't want to get clinical but what Amy did is reinforcement, not manipulation. Amy thought creating a positive,calm environment for Sheldon would make him more relaxed and would open up his feelings of happiness, thus making him more relaxed around her. He was relaxed alright, to that train conductor he met.

Nope my answer was NEVER CLOSE to being defensive or anything. You're the only one criticizing Shamy here, and you're sensitive which I don't even get why since, hello, I didn't even point out anything bad about Leonard and Penny's relationship itself. I could point out A LOT, complete with clinical terms, but didn't. I simply point out their relationship plot., which I didn't say was bad either.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

Blame penny. in bold it's all her fault. I love how Sheldon can not do no wrong everyone else is wrong. Because he doesn't get it. Maybe S1 to S4 but now don't buy it. 187 IQ and all the changes and growth. leave it as that. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Because their relationship doesn't even come CLOSE to manipulation or desperation. You haven't come across "hard core" manipulation/desperation of all sorts if what she does is already manipulation to you. In my psychology training what Amy does is friggin' normal for a girl who is experiencing her first romantic relationship.
1. Penny suggested she date Stewart.  Penny didn't suggest she use Stewart to manipulate Sheldon, that was all Amy.   - Seriously? Sheldon is the one who initiated a relationship with Amy and Amy is the one manipulating him? Can you tell me again why taking up PENNY's suggestion to date someone, WITHOUT ACTUALLY FLAUNTING HER DATE WITH STUART IN SHELDON'S FACE (she didn't tell Sheldon she'll date Stuart, nor threatened/mocked Sheldon about it.It was actually the guys, including YOUR LEONARD, who told him about it. In case you forgot, it was Stuart who was actually "flaunting" about their date on his FB account, not Amy), manipulation?

2. Sheldon came to terms on his OWN feelings which changed while in a relationship with Amy. He didn't change because Amy MANIPULATED HIM TO. He changed because of how his relationship with Amy affected him. If Amy manipulated him, Sheldon wouldn't be the Sheldon he is now.

3. I don't want to get clinical but what Amy did is reinforcement, not manipulation. Amy thought creating a positive,calm environment for Sheldon would make him more relaxed and would open up his feelings of happiness, thus making him more relaxed around her. He was relaxed alright, to that train conductor he met.

Nope my answer was NEVER CLOSE to being defensive or anything. You're the only one criticizing Shamy here, and you're sensitive which I don't even get why since, hello, I didn't even point out anything bad about Leonard and Penny's relationship itself. I could point out A LOT, complete with clinical terms, but didn't. I simply point out their relationship plot., which I didn't say was bad either.

Amy FAKED an illness, to the point of putting rubber cement in her nose, to get attention from Sheldon.  How is that not manipulative or desperate?

1.  Amy leaned over to Stuart, when Sheldon didn't didn't want to flat out ask her to be his girlfriend.  How is that not using Stuart to manipulate Sheldon? 

2.  She has a plan that she is not telling him about.  How is that not manipulation through dishonesty?  Now, I will admit to it probably being a comedic device, but still, she is being dishonest about it.

3. Reinforcement is manipulation.    Oh, you can pretty it up by trying to call it something else, but it's still manipulation.  Sheldon was trying to change Penny's behavior by giving her chocolate, Amy was trying to change Sheldon's behavior by giving him things on the trip she knew would entice him to go.   He flat out said he didn't want to go originally.  Amy's enticements changed his behavior.    

And, yes your first answer was defensive.   You jumped up to say their relationship was no where near Amy trying to change her man, after I pointed out what I saw as the plot device of a desperate woman, trying to change a jerk.  How is that not defensive?   I only started pointing out examples in the Shamy relationship after you said those plot devices weren't there.  

I can point out quite a few problems with Leonard and Penny's relationship on my own.  I've never claimed that there were no problems with the Lenny relationship.   If you weren't saying the plot was bad, why did you have to preface it by saying this isn't a stab at Lenny.  If it wasn't bad (and your "...it's been used a billion times." doesn't sound as if you think it's good), you wouldn't have needed to preface the comment, but you did.  

You evidently think that Lenny is boring because the plot has been used over and over, but you think Shamy is unique.   I happen to like what I think is the uniqueness and interaction of the Lenny characters, but think that Shamy is simply a desperate woman manipulating her jerk of a boyfriend hoping he'll change.  I'm quite sure the truth is somewhere in between as both couple have good and bad points, we probably simply look for the good in the couple of our choice.   

• Like 2

Amy FAKED an illness, to the point of putting rubber cement in her nose, to get attention from Sheldon.  How is that not manipulative or desperate?

1.  Amy leaned over to Stuart, when Sheldon didn't didn't want to flat out ask her to be his girlfriend.  How is that not using Stuart to manipulate Sheldon? 

2.  She has a plan that she is not telling him about.  How is that not manipulation through dishonesty?  Now, I will admit to it probably being a comedic device, but still, she is being dishonest about it.

3. Reinforcement is manipulation.    Oh, you can pretty it up by trying to call it something else, but it's still manipulation.  Sheldon was trying to change Penny's behavior by giving her chocolate, Amy was trying to change Sheldon's behavior by giving him things on the trip she knew would entice him to go.   He flat out said he didn't want to go originally.  Amy's enticements changed his behavior.    

And, yes your first answer was defensive.   You jumped up to say their relationship was no where near Amy trying to change her man, after I pointed out what I saw as the plot device of a desperate woman, trying to change a jerk.  How is that not defensive?   I only started pointing out examples in the Shamy relationship after you said those plot devices weren't there.  

I can point out quite a few problems with Leonard and Penny's relationship on my own.  I've never claimed that there were no problems with the Lenny relationship.   If you weren't saying the plot was bad, why did you have to preface it by saying this isn't a stab at Lenny.  If it wasn't bad (and your "...it's been used a billion times." doesn't sound as if you think it's good), you wouldn't have needed to preface the comment, but you did.  

You evidently think that Lenny is boring because the plot has been used over and over, but you think Shamy is unique.   I happen to like what I think is the uniqueness and interaction of the Lenny characters, but think that Shamy is simply a desperate woman manipulating her jerk of a boyfriend hoping he'll change.  I'm quite sure the truth is somewhere in between as both couple have good and bad points, we probably simply look for the good in the couple of our choice.   

1. Amy FAKED an illness, to the point of putting rubber cement in her nose, to get attention from Sheldon.  How is that not manipulative or desperate? - Seriously? This is already manipulation to you? Not even close. Not even close to a common manipulation/desperation move (again,I don't want to get clinical). Here's how's it gonna be a manipulation/desperation stunt - if Sheldon finds out about Amy's charades and SHE DENIES IT and throws a negative counter-reaction (hissy fit, emotional threats,or "if you do something I'll break up with you"), THAT is manipulation. What did the girl do? APOLOGIZE AND ADMIT HER MISTAKE.

Amy leaned over to Stuart, when Sheldon didn't didn't want to flat out ask her to be his girlfriend.  How is that not using Stuart to manipulate Sheldon? - Juvenile if this is considered manipulation. Really.

2. She has a plan that she is not telling him about.  How is that not manipulation through dishonesty?  Now, I will admit to it probably being a comedic device, but still, she is being dishonest about it. - Seriously? How in the world is not telling someone about your plans DISHONESTY, with the key word being HONEST, with Sheldon not even asking her about a question about marriage, and the so-called "dishonest,manipulative plan" was brought up during girl talk, while talking to a girl friend who just got married and with Sheldon NOT EVEN IN THE ROOM?

3. I wouldn't say anything about that Sheldon-Penny bit because it might get your skivvies in a bunch so I'll leave your thoughts to it. Seriously? Are we even talking about the same show? The scene opener was about Valentine's Day. Point 1 - Valentine's Day was noted in their relationship summit (which,knowing Sheldon, the relationship summit is stated in their RA,which was solely drafted by Sheldon) and Point 2 - His reluctance is going to bed-and-breakfast. It's not like Amy threatened to drag him at gunpoint to the bed-and-breakfast. She wanted Sheldon to enjoy Valentine's Day as well, by traveling on a train.

Call it defensive all you want, but I don't care because I'm confident I'm not defensive.

You jumped up to say their relationship was no where near Amy trying to change her man, after I pointed out what I saw as the plot device of a desperate woman, trying to change a jerk. - I've said this many times, her actions ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TRYING TO CHANGE SHELDON, and I know because I dealt with cases like that in  real life. Her actions don't deserve to be put in the manipulation/desperation Hall of Fame if there is one.

If you weren't saying the plot was bad, why did you have to preface it by saying this isn't a stab at Lenny.  - The answer to this can be seen at your answers. If I wanted to stab Lenny I would have laughed all the way about what happened in their relationship in season 8 ender. I dare you to find out if I made fun of their situation.

If it wasn't bad (and your "...it's been used a billion times." doesn't sound as if you think it's good), you wouldn't have needed to preface the comment, but you did.  - As is. Because it was really used a billion times. That's it. You're being too sensitive. Shamy's romantic plot is not even close to manipulative/desperate either. Try watching Beyonce Knowles' Obsessed.

You evidently think that Lenny is boring because the plot has been used over and over, but you think Shamy is unique. - I simply answered you why I think Shamy's unique. If you think I think that Lenny is boring, I dare you again to find out if I said that, because I do find one TBBT couple boring.

I happen to like what I think is the uniqueness and interaction of the Lenny characters, but think that Shamy is simply a desperate woman manipulating her jerk of a boyfriend hoping he'll change.  - Good for you. That's your ship. So stay away from mine. In case you forgot, you're the one who put out these points, for whatever reason you may have. If I'm going to be brutal probably you put these out to deter me and shove in my throat how manipulative/desperate Amy can be.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

TENSOR

I'm quite sure the truth is somewhere in between as both couple have good and bad points, we probably simply look for the good in the couple of our choice.   

This.

But then there would be no purpose for this shipping lane thread if you guys accepted the somewhere in between concept.

Of course I blame the thesaurus and the English language. So many synonyms of varying degrees of emotional baggage to describe these relationships.

They've all made mistakes and used "manipulation" ( insert preferred synonym to describe how bad you see it). They've all treated each other badly on several occasions. If they didn't it wouldn't be a sitcom. No need to defend the total point of their interactions - exaggerated, ridiculous SITuations for COMedic purposes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Itwasdestined
  • Like 1

It's a requirement for Tonstar, why should anyone else care?   As a viewer, it appears Tonstar needs to have characters they would like in real life to like fictionally.  Or, are you claiming there is something wrong with the way they watch the show?

Tonstar responded, "I just don't understand why people are fascinated by a lunatic they would never date or be friends with", he said he didn't understand.  I provided him a different point of view of WHY some people (like me) might be fascinated by that kind of character in the form of a rhetorical question, simple as that.

• Like 1

I'll use a quote of yours:

That's your ship. So stay away from mine.-   nothing defensive here, is there? After all, you are the one that made the first comment about another ship.

As we are never going to agree, because you see it your way, and I see it mine, I'll just go again with this:

You evidently think that Lenny is boring because the plot has been used over and over, but you think Shamy is unique. I happen to like what I think is the uniqueness and interaction of the Lenny characters, but think that Shamy is simply a desperate woman manipulating her jerk of a boyfriend hoping he'll change.  I'm quite sure the truth is somewhere in between as both couple have good and bad points, we probably simply look for the good in the couple of our choice.   

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 1

Except Chelle has not used the word, "boring" to describe Lenny.  Not even once.

Chelle said it's been used a billion times, (and then doubled down by claiming it's really been used a billion times.   I'd like to see the list that Chelle used to make that claim) doesn't make it sound as if it's exciting.  There is a strong inference that something is boring if one says they don't like it because it's been done a billion times.  You may not see it that way, that's what I took from it.  

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 2

Chill said it's been used a billion times, (and then doubled down by claiming it's really been used a billion times.   I'd like to see the list that Chelle used to make that claim)  makes it sound as if it's exciting.  There is a strong inference that something is boring if one says they don't like it because it's been done a billion times.  You may not see it that way, that's what I took from it.  

Sure go ahead. You're a mod so you can probably access user posts.

I'll use a quote of yours:

That's your ship. So stay away from mine.-   nothing defensive here, is there? After all, you are the one that made the first comment about another ship.

As we are never going to agree, because you see it your way, and I see it mine, I'll just go again with this:

You evidently think that Lenny is boring because the plot has been used over and over, but you think Shamy is unique. I happen to like what I think is the uniqueness and interaction of the Lenny characters, but think that Shamy is simply a desperate woman manipulating her jerk of a boyfriend hoping he'll change.  I'm quite sure the truth is somewhere in between as both couple have good and bad points, we probably simply look for the good in the couple of our choice.   

Nope nothing defensive there, because that's the way I see and SAID IT, AS IT IS. I don't see the need for us to agree either. After all, I wasn't the sensitive one here who got balled up about using the phrase "it's really been used a billion times" when describing a plot nor started listing stuff just to smash someone's ship. I don't give a crap if you think it's defensive or insist I think Lenny is boring. Be my guest.

Edited by Chelle

Sure go ahead. You're a mod so you can probably access user posts.

Nope nothing defensive there, because that's the way I see and SAID IT, AS IT IS. After all, I wasn't the sensitive one here who got balled up about using the phrase "it's really been used a billion times" here when describing a plot. I don't give a crap if you think it's defensive or insist I think Lenny is boring. Be my guest.

Ahhhhh, anyone can access those posts.  The one where you said it's REALLY BEEN USED  can be seen by just scrolling up five or six posts.  Your first use of the phrase billions of times can be found on page 12 of this topic.  Not sure why you would think I would only be able to see them.  I could have even brought it in as a quote, but since the upgrade a couple of weeks ago, the quote function, with more than one level of quoting can be quite confusing (I prefer using the BBCode to keep things straight, but that is not available since the upgrade).  

I'm not balled up.  To me, the use of the phrase, as a reason you didn't like the Lenny plot line made it seem as if you were calling it boring.  I just used the phrases to explain why it appeared to me that you thought they were boring.  I used it again to explain to Meka why I thought you meant boring, as Meka reiterated that you didn't say boring.  

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 1

Ahhhhh, anyone can access those posts.  The one where you said it's REALLY BEEN USED  can be seen by just scrolling up five or six posts.  Your first use of the phrase billions of times can be found on page 12 of this topic.  Not sure why you would think I would only be able to see them.  I could have even brought it in as a quote, but since the upgrade a couple of weeks ago, the quote function, with more than one level of quoting can be quite confusing (I prefer using the BBCode to keep things straight, but that is not available since the upgrade).  

I'm not balled up.  To me, the use of the phrase, as a reason you didn't like the Lenny plot line made it seem as if you were calling it boring.  I just used the phrases to explain why it appeared to me that you thought they were boring.  I just used it again to explain to Meka why I thought you meant boring, as Meka reiterated that you didn't say boring.  

I'll make it simple for you. Rather than ASSUME I meant "Not taking a stab on Lenny, but the awkward guy/popular,pretty girl have been the usual formula in romantic plots,been used a billion times already" as boring.. find any post of mine that said "Not taking a stab on Lenny, but the awkward guy/popular,pretty girl have been the usual formula in romantic plots,been used a billion times already, it became boring/tiring/blah/unexciting/insert any synonym for boring here".

Because really, all I meant was that their romantic plot have been used many times already, not the Lenny relationship. That's pretty much about it. Then you launched an attack.

• Like 1

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic