[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

I'll make it simple for you. Rather than ASSUME I meant "Not taking a stab on Lenny, but the awkward guy/popular,pretty girl have been the usual formula in romantic plots,been used a billion times already" as boring.. find any post of mine that said "Not taking a stab on Lenny, but the awkward guy/popular,pretty girl have been the usual formula in romantic plots,been used a billion times already, it became boring/tiring/blah/unexciting/insert any synonym for boring here".

Because really, all I meant was that their romantic plot have been used many times already, not the Lenny relationship. That's pretty much about it. Then you launched an attack.

From a post of yours, three posts up:

"Nope nothing defensive there...,"

Edited by Tensor

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

From a post of yours, three posts up:

"Nope nothing defensive there...,"

Quote me mod, I'm waiting.

Not your assumptions of my post, but my post with the actual,no doubt, written as it is, the words "Lenny" and "BORING",those two words together, in one sentence, written as it is. You can even ask to have me banned if you find any posts of mine attacking Lenny. Anyway I'll move on. I don't even need to agree with you anyway.

Evidently you missed my explanation that I took your "been used a billion times" as inferring you meant it was boring.  I can't imagine you meant it was exciting to see it.  But then, you misunderstood my meaning as to bringing in a quote.  The quote I was talking about was "Been used a billion times" or "...really been used a billion times:".  I never said I was going to quote the word "Boring".   But that's fine, errors in communication happen all the time here, so no biggie.  Oh, and no, you don't have to agree with me.  I have many friends who are Shamys, we don't always agree.  

Tensor, I don't know is there an agenda here, but I think that you are reaching. Sheldon wanted Amy to be his girlfriend, she didn't manipulate with him into doing something he didn't want. When Penny suggested her dating other people, neither had a manipulation in mind. She wanted more from Shelfon but thought that she had to settle for friendship. It was then that he finally decided to act out on his emotion. It wasn't intentional. If I let's say help some woman I end up meeting in a cafe get rid of the ex boyfriend who is bothering her or something, and she ends up having a crush on me later, have I manipulated with her? I don't understand your logic.

So what if she has a five year plan? It doesn't mean that she will force Sheldon to follow through. 

Yes, they have disagreements about physical intimacy but that is not the main part of their relationship, especially not since the beginning of season eight. And she doesn't push him much to do anything. She mostly just calls him out when he is being inconsiderate. Everyone can be. That is far from toxic relationship. I don't think that he is a jerk at that aspect, except at times, because he does change, but he does have serious problems (fear of germs, etc.) that are hard to overcome And again, when he does change in some aspect, he enjoys it. Very different from Howard and Beradette, that you used as an example.

I wouldn't call Lenny toxic, not even in parts, either. 

It really seems to me that some Lenny fans want to diminish Shamy because they aren't happy with the way Lenny was written this season. I can't accuse you of doing such a thing because right now I really don't know what to think. But such thing is juvenile and honestly, unappealing. 

Edited by Mislav
  • Like 2

Leonard admitted he did something similar though when they had a not date in season 5, watching movies he hated just to have sex with penny

Both couples and howardette have good and bad things about them, but I think most of us are willing to look past the bad because the good is so much better

• Like 2

Tonstar, it is a fact that Penny suggested Amy to date Stuart and later convinced Sheldon to go there and "win Amy back". Watch the episode. Saying such a thing doesn't mean that somebody is blaming her for something. Tensor is the one who started saying that the whole thing was a manipulation.

The only major issue I have with Lenny, is that Penny sometimes uses Leonard for her own convenience.

Penny is feeling down/depressed/unloved, so she has sex with Leonard.

Really. And that's the only reason she has sex with him. Unbelievable and narrow minded. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Did you miss the word" sometimes"? Nobody said that that is the only reason she has sex with him.

That's what was implied. And clearly a dig at lenny. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Evidently you missed my explanation that I took your "been used a billion times" as inferring you meant it was boring.  I can't imagine you meant it was exciting to see it.  But then, you misunderstood my meaning as to bringing in a quote.  The quote I was talking about was "Been used a billion times" or "...really been used a billion times:".  I never said I was going to quote the word "Boring".   But that's fine, errors in communication happen all the time here, so no biggie.  Oh, and no, you don't have to agree with me.  I have many friends who are Shamys, we don't always agree.  

Evidently you're the one assuming what I am trying to say is Lenny is boring. Seriously? Just because I said something that doesn't sound like "beautiful couple" or "best couple ever" means I think Lenny is boring? Uh.. o-kaaaay

Really. And that's the only reason she has sex with him. Unbelievable and narrow minded. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I was about to "defend" Penny against Hawking.... until I see this...  Never mind.

Edited by Chelle
  • Like 1

How does "sometimes" imply "always" and how does saying "the only major issue I have" counts as a dig at one's ship?

Penny has never gone to Leonard for sex because she was depressed or feeling unloved or whatever she usually avoids him for days. The only time I can recall is s3 e23 when she was depressed about zak and used Leonard for sex and they were not even together then. If ppls are going to come out with ridiculous statements like that. A least give an example. Never has that happened while they were in a relationship. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Yes, it did happen in that episode and she did kiss him in season one when sad only he stopped it before it progressed into something more, some people may not like it. It doesn't imply that it is still happening or that that is the only reason why she is sleeping with him. 

Also, "having problems with Lenny" doesn't necessarily mean having something against what happens when they are in a relationship, but interaction between those two characters. They did have sex together in one of those episodes after all. 

There are about 5 different posts I would like to comment on but I will start here. Howard and Raj initiated the Shamy relationship. without them there would be no discussion on here. In regard to Amy being desperate. any woman willing to sign a relationship agreement is DESPERATE!!!!!! In regards to season 9 as it was discussed in Comic Con the ring is explained in the premiere so it seems there isn't much Shamy relationship to discuss. Shamy will get together and that's it. coitus will be dragged out awhile and an eventual wedding will be dragged out longer. I agree with my fellow Lenny shippers that season 8 was a lost season without anything really happening. I can understand the ones wanting to go vacation in Mexico but I think at this the writers IMO have no choice to move on with the Lenny relationship. a breakup is not going to happen so a wedding will have to be discussed.

Chrismo, you are talking bs.

So what if Howard and Raj initiated the relationship? Nobody argued who initiated it. Penny set up Howard with Bernadette, maybe we should "praise" her too LOL. 

Signing a relationship agreement is actually a smart thing to do. It gives a person a good honest idea of what to expect in a relationship.

Leonarc signed a roommate Agreement too,what does that say about him by that logic?

Yes, it did happen in that episode and she did kiss him in season one when sad only he stopped it before it progressed into something more, some people may not like it. It doesn't imply that it is still happening or that that is the only reason why she is sleeping with him. 

Also, "having problems with Lenny" doesn't necessarily mean having something against what happens when they are in a relationship, but interaction between those two characters. They did have sex together in one of those episodes after all. 

Well hawking is impling that it still happening that's why he said a MAJOR ISSUES he has with the lenny relationship. Those two incidents happened while they were not dating and happened in S1 & s3. So why is it still a major issue now. Stop defending shamy shippers when they are wrong about lenny. And I'm sure there is a lot of Shamy shippers who do not agree with his statement. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Chrismo I didn't post what you're quoting. I don't know where that came from Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

sorry. This new site is impossible to navigate

• Like 1

If you're in a relationship and you have to sign some kind of agreement to get what you want out of it IMHO you really need to step back and not just think twice but maybe 3 or 4 times because it seems more like a business agreement than love Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Chrismo, you are talking bs.

So what if Howard and Raj initiated the relationship? Nobody argued who initiated it. Penny set up Howard with Bernadette, maybe we should "praise" her too LOL. 

Signing a relationship agreement is actually a smart thing to do. It gives a person a good honest idea of what to expect in a relationship.

Leonarc signed a roommate Agreement too,what does that say about him by that logic?

How many people have relationship agreements? no one I know. pre nuptials I get but this isn't that. The RA benefits Sheldon. he readily admits that. I agree at this point the RA makes Leonard look desperate since he has options. but in season 1 it was a good deal because rent was cheap.

• Like 4

I didn't imply it was still happening, and I didn't use the word relationship.

BTW. I'd appreciate it, if you would use my full screen name, rather than just my surname, as though you were a headmaster,  addressing a misbehaving pupil.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Noody forced Amy to sign the Agreement, or to be Sheldon's girlfriend. She had a right to say no. You don't know how long she was considering about signing an agreement. Due to an Agreement, she knew what to expect and therefore couldn't possibly be betrayed. That is not an abuse. The Agreement does benefit Sheldon but it is not only in his benefit. It requires him to take care of her while she is sick too, despite his fear of germs, buy her presents for Valentine's Day, Christmas etc. despite him despising gift giving, comfort her when she is sad too etc. Does that sound like an abusive relationship? The comments like this one enable trivialization of real relationship abuse.

And almost every couple has some sort of "agreement" before starting a relationship, getting married etc., only not as specific and legally detailed. Such as Bernadette agreeing to have kids if Howard will take care of them... and look how that turned out. At least Sheldon is fair and consistent with the rules that he had set up. 

I understand that many Lemny shippers are angry due to a way their couple had been portrayed in season eight, but there is no need for diminishing other main canon couple and use such illogical, grasping at straws arguments-which, no offense, seems to be going on here. It paints a very bad picture of you-and even the ones who do not partake in that. It saddens me, too, because lots of you seemed to be much more open minded and accepting before.

IT IS BECAUSE OF THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE WHY SO MANY CANON SHIPPERS DON'T GET ALONG WITH SHENNY SHIPPERS. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO FURTHER DRIFT APART?

And Chrismo, so what if you don't know anyone who has a Relationship Agreement?

1. How many people do you know out of over seven billion who live in this world?

2. Why would anyone tell you about that if they were to have such an Agreement (keeping your attitude in mind)? Even a prenuptial agreement is a form of a relationship agreement...

3. Did anyone you know had to do science papers on Christmas morning? Do you have a group of friends who play Secret Agent Laser Obstacle Chess? Or a real life person whose photograph you would "like" as you avatar LMAO!!

Edited by Mislav
  • Like 1

Noody forced Amy to sign the Agreement, or to be Sheldon's girlfriend. She had a right to say no. You don't know how long she was considering about signing an agreement. Due to an Agreement, she knew what to expect and therefore couldn't possibly be betrayed. That is not an abuse. The Agreement does benefit Sheldon but it is not only in his benefit. It requires him to take care of her while she is sick too, despite his fear of germs, buy her presents for Valentine's Day, Christmas etc. despite him despising gift giving, comfort her when she is sad too etc. Does that sound like an abusive relationship? The comments like this one enable trivialization of real relationship abuse.

And almost every couple has some sort of "agreement" before starting a relationship, getting married etc., only not as specific and legally detailed. Such as Bernadette agreeing to have kids if Howard will take care of them... and look how that turned out. At least Sheldon is fair and consistent with the rules that he had set up. 

I understand that many Lemny shippers are angry due to a way their couple had been portrayed in season eight, but there is no need for diminishing other main canon couple and use such illogical, grasping at straws arguments-which, no offense, seems to be going on here. It paints a very bad picture of you-and even the ones who do not partake in that. It saddens me, too, because lots of you seemed to be much more open minded and accepting before.

IT IS BECAUSE OF THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE WHY SO MANY CANON SHIPPERS DON'T GET ALONG WITH SHENNY SHIPPERS. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO FURTHER DRIFT APART?

And Chrismo, so what if you don't know anyone who has a Relationship Agreement?

1. How many people do you know out of over seven billion who live in this world?

2. Why would anyone tell you about that if they were to have such an Agreement (keeping your attitude in mind)? Even a prenuptial agreement is a form of a relationship agreement...

3. Did anyone you know had to do science papers on Christmas morning? Do you have a group of friends who play Secret Agent Laser Obstacle Chess? Or a real life person whose photograph you would "like" as you avatar LMAO!!

You arguments is laughable. Some examples for you. I don't know why I'm bothering because you going to make up an excuse to justify this. Sheldon: You’re my girlfriend and you’re not going to cater to my every need? Oh, where’d the magic go? Amy: But our relationship agreement clearly states that when one of us is sick, the other must take care of them. Sheldon: Oh, no, I see the confusion. No, the intent behind that clause was to force you to take care of me when I’m ill. When you’re feeling better, you’ll think that’s funny. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic