In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

I may as well say that lot of Lenny shippers don't agree with your statement. Saying "major problem" doesn't necessarily mean that it is still happening, it can also mean that one fears it could start happening again, or that he meant it as a major (the worst) issues about the couple overall, not a current one. And how do you mean "when they are wrong"? It happened more than once, hence the term sometimes is correct, all else is a matter of opinion. 

You arguments is laughable. Some examples for you. I don't know why I'm bothering because you going to make up an excuse to justify this. Sheldon: You’re my girlfriend and you’re not going to cater to my every need? Oh, where’d the magic go? Amy: But our relationship agreement clearly states that when one of us is sick, the other must take care of them. Sheldon: Oh, no, I see the confusion. No, the intent behind that clause was to force you to take care of me when I’m ill. When you’re feeling better, you’ll think that’s funny. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sheldon did take care of Amy in The Fish Guts Displacement, for quite a while. And he was pretty good at it. That quote is from that episode. 

If we're going to take everything a character says to a face value and ignore the actions, how about Leonard saying that he would only let Penny chose the movies so he could have sex with her?

Edited by Mislav

Sheldon did take care of Amy in The Fish Guts Displacement, for quite a while. And he was pretty good at it. That quote is from that episode. 

If we're going to take everything a character says to a face value and ignore the actions, how about Leonard saying that he would only let Penny chose the movies so he could have sex with her?

We are not talking about leonard and penny. Are we. If you want to use that why don't you start another post about it. I thought we were talking about the RA. GOSH IT HARD WORK WITH YOU. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

when in doubt change the subject, last ever post I can't be bothered with the crap talked on here anymore.

• Like 2

You arguments is laughable. Some examples for you. I don't know why I'm bothering because you going to make up an excuse to justify this. Sheldon: You’re my girlfriend and you’re not going to cater to my every need? Oh, where’d the magic go? Amy: But our relationship agreement clearly states that when one of us is sick, the other must take care of them. Sheldon: Oh, no, I see the confusion. No, the intent behind that clause was to force you to take care of me when I’m ill. When you’re feeling better, you’ll think that’s funny. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I think those were Sheldon being intentionally funny.

We are not talking about leonard and penny. Are we. If you want to use that why don't you start another post about it. I thought we were talking about the RA. GOSH IT HARD WORK WITH YOU. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It is the same principle. 

If you don't take everything that Leonard says to a face value, why do the same with Sheldon-especially since the actions suggest otherwise?

i was under the impression this thread was titled "Shipping Lanes", not "Shamy only Shipping Lanes".

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

i was under the impression this thread was titled "Shipping Lanes", not "Shamy only Shipping Lanes".

My last comment on this is you and I will never agree. You think the shamy is the perfect couple and I don't your comments that Leonard only watched movies Penny wanted to see so they would have sex is true but I guess no other guy has ever done that Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Hm, I’m confused now. TBBT is the one show where the fandom takes relationships so damn seriously. It’s a freaking sit-com for crying out loud. Dissing other peoples ships over your own is just about the most childish thing I've seen here. I don't normally care, but seeing people over-reacting just pissed me off.

Just to clarify, IMO   :icon_neutral:

• Like 2

My last comment on this is you and I will never agree. You think the shamy is the perfect couple and I don't your comments that Leonard only watched movies Penny wanted to see so they would have sex is true but I guess no other guy has ever done that Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Well, there is a difference between "not perfect" and "abusive", if you read your own posts of course...

You might want to try quoting the right person.

You have my deepest apologies I guess I'm just as bad as that snake Leonard I have a hard time believing he would do something like that just to get Penny in bed. Luckily for Amy she doesn't have to worry about Sheldon doing that to her Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

What this has to do with you quoting the wrong person?

And no, I don't think that Leonard only cared about getting Penny into bed, despite of what he had said-I was saying that not everything he said/says shoud be taken as a face value. Same with Sheldon. Stephen didn't even comment on that. Is this so hard for you to understand?

• Like 2

None of these characters/couples are perfect and if they were, we would have nothing to talk about. There are things we love and hate about them all, I feel one ship/character isn't better than the other, just different in the way they interact and handle everyday issues and that's okay. No need to slam another ship/character to prove a point about my favorite ship/character. I believe in peaceful and respectful disagreements. Character development takes time, these characters/couples are still growing and learning how to navigate life and relationships. I feel like if the writers don't take these issues that seriously, why should I. I'll still  be sitting in front of my t.v. set every Monday or Thursday to tune in. I'm in this for the long haul.

The views and opinions expressed are mine and mine alone, not singling anyone out. If you don't agree that's fine by me, I still got love for ya!

• Like 6

the thing is why was Lenny being brought into a discussion about Shamy. This isn't let's compare the ships. It's shipping lanes season 9.

What this has to do with you quoting the wrong person?

It's got to do with comments being attributed to me, when I haven't made them.

I resent having words put in my mouth.

I'll still be sitting in front of my t.v. set every Monday or Thursday to tune in.

I won't be, if they split up the Shamy for good.

Even worse, if they pair one/both up with other people.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

the thing is why was Lenny being brought into a discussion about Shamy. This isn't let's compare the ships. It's shipping lanes season 9.

Look, there is amount of pages when one little line, one scene for comedy purpose, or one bad moment   was taken as  face value, used blindly just to show how dysfunctional their relationship is, ignoring  progress and depth writers gave them otherwise, you can't be surprised when someone plays the same card, to show how inaccurate it is, to judge one ship by those same parameters. It's not comparison just to "throw dirt" at someone, it's to show how that kind of thinking is incorrect by letting you face the same narrow-minded standards. 

• Like 2

It doesn't bother me that Leonard watched movies he didn't like to have sex with her. Yeah most men has done something like that to get sex of their girlfriends. Be it movie or some tv show or whatever. it no biggie bringing that up is not a bad thing on Leonard. Not taking your girlfriends feeling into consideration constantly is. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sheldon actually does take Amy's feelings in consideration more often than you seem to recoginze. One of the main examples would be comforting her when she was upset over Penny and Bernadette going bridal shopping without her and even cuddling with her despite his then disdain of physical contacts and a fear of germs or confronting Will Wheaton even though, he hadn't done anything bad and he does buys her gifts for hollidays despite disliking gift giving. And bringing up Leonard saying that he would watch movies Penny liked so he could have sex with her wasn't a comparisson of a relationship overall, but of narrow mindedness of hanging on to one single line/bad thing to make a couple look bad: such as you bringing out that line from The Fish Guts Displacement yet ignoring that Sheldon did take care of Amy in that episode. 

Sheldon actually does take Amy's feelings in consideration more often than you seem to recoginze. One of the main examples would be comforting her when she was upset over Penny and Bernadette going bridal shopping without her and even cuddling with her despite his then disdain of physical contacts and a fear of germs or confronting Will Wheaton even though, he hadn't done anything bad and he does buys her gifts for hollidays despite disliking gift giving. And bringing up Leonard saying that he would watch movies Penny liked so he could have sex with her wasn't a comparisson of a relationship overall, but of narrow mindedness of hanging on to one single line/bad thing to make a couple look bad: such as you bringing out that line from The Fish Guts Displacement yet ignoring that Sheldon did take care of Amy in that episode. 

You are the one that keeps going on about how perfect the Shamy relationship is. I was just pointing out that like all relationships it is not perfect. You are right he did take care of Amy. But it doesn't take away the fact that he didn't want to do it in the first place and tried to get out of it. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I am not saying that Shamy relationship is perfect, just that using one line/event as an argument that it is dysfuctional or abusive, like some people had posted here, is narrow minded. 

Of course he didn't want to do it at first-he is afraid of germs and has a strict routine-but he did take care of her for days and didn't seem that bothered. 

So when someone comes out with a ridiculous statement that Penny goes to Leonard for sex when she is depressed or sad even thought that has never happened while they have been dating isn't narrow mind because you defended that poster and don't forget the said poster said lenny so to me he is referring to Leonard and Penny while dating. Double standard me think. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

What veejay said.

And this next statement is my own opinion!

I think there are some people here that need to get a life!  It's just a sitcom, people!

Edited by lpm

So when someone comes out with a ridiculous statement that Penny goes to Leonard for sex when she is depressed or sad even thought that has never happened while they have been dating isn't narrow mind because you defended that poster and don't forget the said poster said lenny so to me he is referring to Leonard and Penny while dating. Double standard me think. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

As far as I remember, Stephen said that was his only problem with Lenny and that it happens "sometimes", which doesn't necessarily has to mean currently. And nobody called their relationship abusive or toxic, or tried disputing good things that Leonard had done.

As far as I remember, Stephen said that was his only problem with Lenny and that it happens "sometimes", which doesn't necessarily has to mean currently. And nobody called their relationship abusive or toxic, or tried disputing good things that Leonard had done.

You are missing the point it has never happened in the relationship impling that sometimes when it has never happened doesn't make sense. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic