[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

As far as I remember, Stephen said that was his only problem with Lenny and that it happens "sometimes", which doesn't necessarily has to mean currently. And nobody called their relationship abusive or toxic, or tried disputing good things that Leonard had done.

If you look at all his quotes about Lenny it makes me look like a Shamy worshipper

What veejay said.

And this next statement is my own opinion!

I think there are some people here that need to get a life!  It's just a sitcom, people!

Thank you for your kind words. I'm just going to pop out and get a life. Any recommendations? It would be appreciated. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If you look at all his quotes about Lenny it makes me look like a Shamy worshipper

LOL

Let's keep it real(istic), OK?

You are missing the point it has never happened in the relationship impling that sometimes when it has never happened doesn't make sense. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It did happen in The Lunar Excitation and she came on to him in The Middle Earth Paradigm when drunk only he stopped it before it could progress in something more.

LOL

Let's keep it real(istic), OK?

It did happen in The Lunar Excitation and she came on to him in The Middle Earth Paradigm when drunk only he stopped it before it could progress in something more.

Still missing the the point. There were not in a RELATIONSHIP!!!! Go back and read his post. He was impling when they were in a relationship hence his quote Lenny Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Still missing the the point. There were not in a RELATIONSHIP!!!! Go back and read his post. He was impling when they were in a relationship hence his quote Lenny Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lenny doesn't necessarily have to mean that they were in a relationship, it can also refer to friendship or a simple interaction between two characters (Shelnard, for example, or Shamy up until season five), and having sex is kinda a relationship-y thing even if you aren't officially together. I do agree that such things aren't happening while they are in a relationship. 

Edited by Mislav

I have to disagree. I had a lots of one night stands back in the days and never saw the girls again. That doesn't mean we had a relationship. That was my issue with the posters comment that it never happened while they were together. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Well Tonstar, a cold beer could be appropriate! :shy:

Im sitting in a pub garden doing that right now. It still feels like there is something missing. I really need to get a life :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The only major issue I have with Lenny, is that Penny sometimes uses Leonard for her own convenience.

Penny is feeling down/depressed/unloved, so she has sex with Leonard.

Your qoute. Sounds to me you are talking about recent lenny. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Tonstar, I didn't say that it means they were in a relationship, but that having sex is a very relationship-y thing. Not necessarily only possible in relationship. Especially between the two people who used to date.

• Like 1

Tonstar, I didn't say that it means they were in a relationship, but that having sex is a very relationship-y thing. Not necessarily only possible in relationship. Especially between the two people who used to date.

True dat. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sounds to me you are talking about recent lenny.

Not the way I read it, or indeed meant it, when I posted.

The incident that first came to mind, and led me to post, was the one from The Lunar Excitation.

Also, it's worthy of note that, not only did Penny use Leonard for sex, when she was drunk and depressed, but when Leonard was likewise drunk and depressed, she threw him out of her apartment.

Not the way I read it, or indeed meant it, when I posted.

The incident that first came to mind, and led me to post, was the one from The Lunar Excitation.

Also, it's worthy of note that, not only did Penny use Leonard for sex, when she was drunk and depressed, but when Leonard was likewise drunk and depressed, she threw him out of her apartment.

But all that is in the past and it has not happened since so why bring it up as if it is a constant issue. I actually didn't see anything wrong with what penny did. Leonard thought they were back together boy was he wrong. And yes penny throwing him out was not cool. But isn't that how society works. A woman can have her wicked ways with a guy when ever she wants but a guy can't do the same. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Where did I say it was "a constant issue"?

And no, Leonard didn't think they were back together. Penny simply dragged him into his bedroom, to bonk his brains out.

Leonard: Where are we going?

Penny: We’re gonna have sex.

Nothing in that suggests they're back together.

I don't think even Leonard would interpret "We’re gonna have sex" as "we're getting back together".

Except he did.  Especially w/ the context before hand where penny explained in vivid detail how leonard ruined guys like zack for her, because being w/ him has opened her eyes to how stupid those types of guys are to her.

Combine that w/ Leonard's depressed state of wanting to get back together w/ penny, I can easily see Leonard wanting to believe that they were getting back together after all that.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 3

Chrismo, you are talking bs.

So what if Howard and Raj initiated the relationship? Nobody argued who initiated it. Penny set up Howard with Bernadette, maybe we should "praise" her too LOL. 

Signing a relationship agreement is actually a smart thing to do. It gives a person a good honest idea of what to expect in a relationship.

Leonarc signed a roommate Agreement too,what does that say about him by that logic?

Signing a relationship agreement is actually a smart thing to do? Oh, please! Stop reaching. If it were every relationship would include one. Mind you a relationship agreement which Sheldon himself says was made to work in his favor (or "skewed slightly in his favor" were his words) and that limits Amy's interactions with him. That's a smart thing to do? Enter a relationship not as equals? The only kind of agreement usually signed are pre-nuptials, and usually when one of the parties in a relationship has a lot more assets than the other. I don't personally think that those are conducive to anything good because they presuppose evil intentions from one of the parties, but I understand why they are made in real life. The relationship agreement is actually not a smart thing to do. The roommate agreement was also a stupid thing to sign as it has been shown all throughout the show. What does that say about Leonard? That he was weak when he signed it. So? What's your point? What the hell does the roommate agreement have to do with the relationship agreement?

One last thing: giving another person an honest idea of what to expect isn't necessarily good. If you are an asshole, the fact that you're being honest and upfront about it doesn't make you any less of an asshole, it just makes you an honest one. I am, of course, talking about Sheldon. Just wanted to make that clear.

• Like 2

Signing a relationship agreement is actually a smart thing to do? Oh, please! Stop reaching. If it were every relationship would include one. Mind you a relationship agreement which Sheldon himself says was made to work in his favor (or "skewed slightly in his favor" were his words) and that limits Amy's interactions with him. That's a smart thing to do? Enter a relationship not as equals? The only kind of agreement usually signed are pre-nuptials, and usually when one of the parties in a relationship has a lot more assets than the other. I don't personally think that those are conducive to anything good because they presuppose evil intentions from one of the parties, but I understand why they are made in real life. The relationship agreement is actually not a smart thing to do. The roommate agreement was also a stupid thing to sign as it has been shown all throughout the show. What does that say about Leonard? That he was weak when he signed it. So? What's your point? What the hell does the roommate agreement have to do with the relationship agreement?

One last thing: giving another person an honest idea of what to expect isn't necessarily good. If you are an asshole, the fact that you're being honest and upfront about it doesn't make you any less of an asshole, it just makes you an honest one. I am, of course, talking about Sheldon. Just wanted to make that clear.

Every one relationship on the planet has it's own agreement. It's the terms you agreed on, every parameter. The only difference here is it's commonly spoken, not written down. And when you enter a marriage, what you will do? Promise some things at the altar, SIGN your agreement to act on them. Every married couple has it's own signed paper which is symbol of their agreement on those terms. Every relationship, in marriage or simple dating is more than everything else based on mutual respect and agreement on the same terms. Amy did, and Sheldon did as well. It's the relationship which works for them, no matter how much you could find that unthinkable, relationship agreement is their base, and the fact you find that incomparable with your own experiences doesn't mean it's wrong in any way.Written guidelines are even very common thing to offer for couple like Sheldon and Amy (yes, those exist). It offers people like Sheldon some help to navigate relationship, which is  difficult for them to do correctly  and predict and act on expectations of the other part. For people like Amy to give the other part clear image of what that expectations are and have their expectations met. Both, of course as outcome of mutual agreement on those terms and while it's not always so easy, sometimes you have to sacrifice thing or two. Like those agreements, Sheldon's and Amy's relationship agreement is "living" document, as relationship progressed it was added many times, and they are still learning and are making mistakes in the process.

Also I don't think Sheldon said agreement skewed in his favor, the actual line was I think " I thought our relationship was based on trust and a mutual admiration that skews in my favor."

Maybe he said it some other time I don't remember but in this line he sure didn't. 

• Like 1

Every relationship has it's form of Agreement, only it isn't as legally specified and written down as Sheldon's. That way Amy knew exactly what to expect from him and he couldn't get out of doing something nice for her by saying "I've never provided you that, you are mistaken". Even a prenuptial Agreement is a form of a relationship Agreement. At least Sheldon is fair with the rules that he had set up, except for one time he tried to get out of it but did end up taking care of Amy at the end, unlike Bernadette with Howard, for example (agreeing to have children if Howard would take care of them before they got married and still arguing about it today).

And sorry you are wrong about the last statement. If somebody agrees on that terms, he/she doesn't consider you an asshole... therefore you are not an asshole towards your partner... that is a really subjective term... it looks to me like you are reaching here.

I still believe Shamy marries before Lenny. 

So excited for 9-1 taping report. Whatever happens it will all be good!

Missed them during hiatus!

If that happens it will be completely un earned, and another sign of how the quality of the writing has declined.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic