[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

I know you stated your opinion of espoide 1 my opinion is they told us where the story was headed at the end of the espoide when Leonard said smart and beautiful babies I'm sure he didn't mean Sheldon and himself Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Well, being said in the first episode after Leonard had spent a few hours together with her, it was obviously meant for a comic effect more than anything else. It wasn't until about late in season two or at least in the middle of season one that one could seriously expect them to become a couple in my opinion.

• Like 2

I didn't give much thought to was the kiss before or after.  Got to rambling without even considering the timeline in relation to the phone call.  Hmmm?  I will have to chew on that for a minute.  My initial reaction is if it was after...it makes it worse somehow.  But need to think on it. 

Tensor, I have to say though, I don't know/trust that TPTB will go into that much detail about it.  I would like them too but my faith is just not there.  My hope is at least getting a better understanding of the details of the kiss.   

Either way is bad.  If the kiss happened before, going around showing everyone his girlfriend is like he's trying to remind himself of the woman for whom he's had feelings, for six years, along with not making it clear to other women .  Not to mention how does that make the other woman feel?  Remember Penny's reaction when she found out Dave Underhill had a wife?  If it was after, it's bad as he's shown everyone he's taken, yet he was alone with another woman, and "There was Kissing".  Not good.

I don't believe they will go into it either.  If they follow their previous pattern, they'll do the bare minimum and sweep the rest under the rug and just move on.   But, then, that's what fan fic is for.  :icon_wink:

• Like 3

Well, being said in the first episode after Leonard had spent a few hours together with her, it was obviously meant for a comic effect more than anything else. It wasn't until about late in season two or at least in the middle of season one that one could seriously expect them to become a couple in my opinion.

I respect your opinion but I stand by mine either way they hooked me with the first espisode Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I respect your opinion but I stand by mine either way they hooked me with the first espisode Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I actually think it was for me season 1 episode 5 The Hamburger Postulate. There were two scenes that stuck out. the scene with Sheldon brought Penny over to the apartment to explain the tie on the door. Penny seemed disappointed Leonard had hooked up with Leslie. the other scene, the clincher for me, was at the CCF when Leonard explained that it wasn't going to work with Leslie. Penny told him something like I know there is someone out there for you. then she walked away from the table smiling.

• Like 7

I disagree completely. The hook from Episode 1 forward was "the beauty and the nerd". All the way through the first season there are hints and foreshadowings of the eventual togetherness of Leonard and Penny leading someday to those smart and beautiful (and non-imaginary) babies. My opinion only. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I actually think it was for me season 1 episode 5 The Hamburger Postulate. There were two scenes that stuck out. the scene with Sheldon brought Penny over to the apartment to explain the tie on the door. Penny seemed disappointed Leonard had hooked up with Leslie. the other scene, the clincher for me, was at the CCF when Leonard explained that it wasn't going to work with Leslie. Penny told him something like I know there is someone out there for you. then she walked away from the table smiling.

"Good for him. Good for Leonard." Said it all. Great call!!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If the kiss happened before, going around showing everyone his girlfriend is like he's trying to remind himself of the woman for whom he's had feelings, for six years, along with not making it clear to other women .  

Not to mention how does that make the other woman feel?

Remember Penny's reaction when she found out Dave Underhill had a wife?  

If it was after, it's bad as he's shown everyone he's taken, yet he was alone with another woman, and "There was Kissing".  Not good.

How do you know it's not his over the top attempt to make sure everyone knows he's not available so that other women wouldn't flirt with him?

How do you know he didn't explain to the other woman that he's not available AFTER he stopped the kissing?  And that the other woman only initiated a kiss with him BECAUSE she thought he was single, and that the woman understood?

Dave Underhill is a different circumstance.  Dave had a series of sober altercations that were NOT complicated like Leonard's supposedly was.  Leonard's explanation was how things were chaotic and crazy, Dave Underhill wasn't in those circumstances.

What proof do you have that Leonard was "alone" with the other woman?  How do you know the "kissing" didn't happen in the crowd?

In 1.1 they sold Leonard and Sheldon. At that point Leonard simply had some faint hope of a relationship with the pretty new girl next door. Penny and Leonard really did not know for sure that feelings were reciprocated until 1.17 when Penny declared the cat was alive. Sill there was a lot of ambiguity in the relationship for a long time.

Hey DJ. But what you see as ambiguity I see as premeditation. They set up the premise (our babies etc) they had the cast credited as leads and they had the sets. Then they played out the story implicit in those assumptions. Then Sheldon broke out. They rode the URST horse with L/P for as long as they felt they could, then they swapped horses to Shamy. Very sensible for their product, but I liked the original flavour. It was nice to see the short guy winning. Now we have the tall bad boy being brought over from the dark side of intellectualism and the world of the mind into the squishy mire of completely normalised human behaviour. The show runners changed their vision of Sheldon to pursue longevity. I actually enjoyed the depiction of the unusual character that he was, defying social convention and following his own path. But like Denis Kim, in Sheldon's own words," he was weak". However it is a popular model for the show to follow. Not risky at all to run another boy/meets girl story too - but I liked him when he was alienating and alienated..

• Like 8

How do you know it's not his over the top attempt to make sure everyone knows he's not available so that other women wouldn't flirt with him?

How do you know he didn't explain to the other woman that he's not available AFTER he stopped the kissing?  And that the other woman only initiated a kiss with him BECAUSE she thought he was single, and that the woman understood?

Dave Underhill is a different circumstance.  Dave had a series of sober altercations that were NOT complicated like Leonard's supposedly was.  Leonard's explanation was how things were chaotic and crazy, Dave Underhill wasn't in those circumstances.

What proof do you have that Leonard was "alone" with the other woman?  How do you know the "kissing" didn't happen in the crowd?

1. How do you know it was?  You don't, I don't.  I can think of the way I do, you can think of it the way you do.  It's all good.

2. How do you know he did?  You don't, I don't.  I can think of the way I do, you can think of it the way you do.  It's all good.

3.  Are you saying Leonard was drunk?  He said he was seasick, not drunk.   But if you want to think that way, fine.

4.  What proof do you have he wasn't alone with her?  You don't have any proof.  I can think of the way I do, you can think of it the way you do.

Have fun with your interpretation, I won't challenge it.  

• Like 1

3.  Are you saying Leonard was drunk?  He said he was seasick, not drunk.

He also said there was alot of drinking and that things were crazy.  I don't see it as a leap in logic to assume that he was most likely drunk.

Edited by meka3000

He also said there was drinking and that things were crazy.  I don't see it as a leap in logic to assume that he was most likely drunk.

Yes, he said there was drinking and it was crazy.  He didn't say HE was drinking when the kiss happened.   However....

If you want to assume he was drunk, I have nothing that says he wasn't.  But there isn't anything to say he was either.  Enjoy your interpretation.  

• Like 1

Who told you it was going to get better, and why did you take their words for it?

However an A for consistency. Congrats.

@meka3000: May I ask you a simple question? Do you knit-picking on everything or everyone?

Oh yes. My advice is not to try to reason with him. It's useless, JMO

• Like 1

Since we now know they do read the fan sites, I hope they realize they disappointed the Lenny fans and come out with a good excuse in 9.01.

just by the stories they wrote they should know that. the show isn't good enough to lose a fan base that large. The thing is the finale was just bad all around. Some have said earlier that the show is a comedy and that the show really isn't suppose to be a drama. Fine but the episode wasn't funny especially at the end. If there's some drama something should be positive. The last three scenes were Raj backing down and staying with wacky Emily, the painful car scene with Lenny, and Amy "breaking up" with Sheldon who was holding a ring. nothing to be happy about. I agree that they better come up with something good in 9.1 or the high ratings will be gone forever IMO.

• Like 6

Since we now know they do read the fan sites, I hope they realize they disappointed the Lenny fans and come out with a good excuse in 9.01.

Penny and Sheldon consoling each other is where this could go, for quite some time. They are each others best confidante. Then who knows, back on the merry-go-round until the music stops maybe. I don't really expect any resolutions until that final curtain. Meanwhile we can hope for funny.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Penny going to Sheldon, behind Leonard's back, to discuss what she should do with her future (acting), while she is engaged to him, is a form of cheating too.  Especially since the outcome could really impact both their lives.  I would have serious trust issues if a girl did that to me and I would seriously question if she was committed to marriage.

Ignore this post due to this stupid new site or this stupid user for not knowing how to CANCEL quotes I started but then changed my mind about....

Penny and Sheldon consoling each other is where this could go, for quite some time. They are each others best confidante. Then who knows, back on the merry-go-round until the music stops maybe. I don't really expect any resolutions until that final curtain. Meanwhile we can hope for funny.

How could Penny and Sheldon consoling each other happen??!!  They already said 9.1 opens up a few hours later and Lenny are STILL IN VEGAS!!!!  

BTW, they also said the first three episodes have been written.  Who knows how many will be written by the time taping starts....

just by the stories they wrote they should know that. the show isn't good enough to lose a fan base that large. The thing is the finale was just bad all around. Some have said earlier that the show is a comedy and that the show really isn't suppose to be a drama. Fine but the episode wasn't funny especially at the end. If there's some drama something should be positive. The last three scenes were Raj backing down and staying with wacky Emily, the painful car scene with Lenny, and Amy "breaking up" with Sheldon who was holding a ring. nothing to be happy about. I agree that they better come up with something good in 9.1 or the high ratings will be gone forever IMO.

How large do you really think the shipping factions are?  Upsetting the core ships of Lenny and Shamy isn't going to hurt the show's viewership.  We shippers are a large portion of the fandom but a very small portion of the enormous viewership. 

• Like 3

Yes, he said there was drinking and it was crazy.  He didn't say HE was drinking when the kiss happened.  

But he was knocking back shots, in the iceberg game.

Fine but the episode wasn't funny especially at the end.

The last scene in Black Adder was anything but funny, but it worked very well indeed.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

But he was knocking back shots, in the iceberg game.

But that doesn't mean he was knocking them back at that time that he kissed her.     So if someone want's to assume the kiss happened at the time he was knocking them back, thats perfectly acceptable.   Just like others can assume he wasn't drunk.  This is because we simply don't know if he was.  

What we do know is "At some point there was drinking and it was crazy."  He was, at some point(the same time or different, we don't know), close enough to another woman that there"was just kissing", and that "she was a smoker and he had just been seasick."(although if it was at the time of his knocking them back, his dancing doesn't make it appear he was seasick when knocking them back).  Either way, drunk or not, by some peoples view, he was cheating on Penny.  If someone want to say a kiss isn't cheating, I don't have a problem with that.  

I also just realized (I was checking the quotes), that Penny was wearing the same blouse she was wearing when they got engaged, the year before.  

• Like 1

I also just realized (I was checking the quotes), that Penny was wearing the same blouse she was wearing when they got engaged, the year before.  

I knew that I had seen that blouse before!!! Thanks for noticing that, it was driving me crazy!! I think they did it on purpose, didn't they? Well, since 9.1 will start few hours later 8.24, maybe she'll be wearing the same blouse, hope that this brings Lenny luck!!

Edited by mirs1

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic