[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

I don't recall him saying he thought they were going to get married. He said the same about Penny. How exactly were they 'serious'? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when he was talking to Penny about the Alice/priya thing he said

I think we could get married some day  (priya)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

I think tensors comment wasn't suppose to be taken at face value.. In regards to a throwaway line 5 years ago with all his hand washing and others touching hang ups was it?

I don't understand when Sheldon had problems with others touching "hang ups", whatever that means. 

I don't know about you or Sheldon but I wash my hands, like, every day! Multiple times! Is that okay?

I don't know what to think anymore. Until the kissing issue is resolved I think Leonard cheated. The line "there was kissing" makes me think it went on for longer. The writers need to explain that further. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I completely agree, Tonstar.

The details of the kiss were left ambiguous enough that is allowing for a summer hiatus' worth of speculation and the daily crucifying of Leonard for cheating on Penny. I hope we get some decent clarification in Episode 1 either way. But from the known Season Hate, Episode 24 dialogue, we know that Leonard had just been/gotten seasick. Given that throw-up-y tidbit, it's hard to imagine Leonard wanting to kiss anyone. But I'm not holding my breath for any Leonard redemption either only because the writers and TPTB (and posters here) seem to want to minimize Leonard and Lenny. But, we shall see. 

• Like 9

But he did cheat on Priya.

Yes he did. And he might or might not have cheated on Penny . We need to have full disclosure as to what happened exactly on that North Sea trip. From what we know SO FAR , yes, it's cheating. That being said to me details are too vague to give a definite opinion. If they leave it at that, then yes, he cheated on Penny.

Oh Stephen.

You are totally cherry picking here by deliberately not including or referencing the SALIENT other dialogue in that exact same episode that gives full meaning and disclosure to Leonard's actions. 

He is much more cautious than Penny, taking into consideration the consequences of actions. In the preliminary, set-up dialogue you gave us, Leonard's focus is not to have Penny be reckless and throw herself into more debt. In Season 7, he knows how she is with money and she stresses over it. 

And then, later that same episode, we go into the dialogue that undoes your argument. Leonard was not lying as much as he did not know how to be supportive. Her actions were contrary to his more cautious, considered lifestyle and working psychology.

I took the Sheldon commentary out of the conversation. Unlike TPTB, I don't think Sheldon needs to be present in every Lenny moment.

Leonard: Oh, how many times do I have to say it? I support you.

Penny: Sheldon, take a break. 

Penny: Okay, if you support me, what was with that phone call?

Leonard: Fine. I’m not sure you should have quit. But if you care so much what I think, why didn’t you ask me before you did it?

Penny: Oh, so now I need your permission? Would you have asked me before you quit your job?

Leonard: Yes. I thought we were in the kind of relationship where we make decisions together. If I’m wrong, then maybe we need to talk about the kind of relationship we’re actually in.

Penny: Yeah, well, maybe we do.

Penny: Look, I know you think I’m being reckless, and you might be right, but I need to take this shot.

Leonard: I swear, I am on your side.

Penny: You keep saying you’re on my side, but you don’t act like it.

Leonard: Listen, I could never do what you’re doing, okay? I would be terrified. 

Penny: Well, it’s scary for me, too.

Leonard: My point is, just because I couldn’t do it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t. And I’m proud of you.

Penny: Okay. Thank you.

Leonard was, at first, judging Penny's actions by what he was capable of. This type of reckless, unplanned type of activity is not him. But it is very much Penny. And Leonard is terrified for her and does not want her to get hurt. He'd rather see her take considered steps towards something … like he would do. They clearly saw the relationship as almost two different things: Leonard -- discuss things as a couple; Penny -- just go ahead impulsively as she always has regardless of the consequences or how it may effect her SO. 

Leonard FULLY supported Penny but he would have chosen an alternate route from her to get there. That's what this whole dialogue in the episode was about. And by cherry picking the dialogue as you did, to skew the conversation, purposely choosing to color Leonard very badly without the full disclosure. Is this some anti-Leonard bias I've never noticed before? 

Thank you 5Mississippis for answering to Stephen Hawking much better than I could have. What you said are exactly my sentiments, as his post was no more than unsupported Leonard bashing. I think maybe he forgets that he supports her to such an extent that he buys her a car when hers craps out, just so she can keep on going to auditions, so...

• Like 4

Did you miss (or are you just conveniently ignoring) where I said "I think he clearly knew he was being mean, in Itchy Brain."

he has done some awful things, but much of it is not intentional, although, as I admitted above, some is.

I don't "have a dig". I point out facts.

Come on, man, really? You point out facts? No, you ONLY point out  the facts that support your opinions, and you cherry pick those facts to give an appearance of objectivity. Everybody knows you're a Lenny hater in general , and specifically Leonard . You are NOT objective when it comes to Lenny, so don't try to make it appear as you are because you are fooling no one.

• Like 4

when he was talking to Penny about the Alice/priya thing he said

I think we could get married some day  (priya)

I think he was in denial at that point. He knew deep down it wasn't going to happen, hence his attempt to rationalize a dalliance with Alice.

• Like 5

Seriousley Leonard and Priya was over well before the Alice thing. And well before Priya and her ex. So not exactly cheating, when technically their was no implied commitment to either parties. Using that vague example, and the other vague examples to proove Leonards a bad guy is obsurd. Once again were not talking about previous relationships. Were talking about Lenny. All you can do is use the evidence hand. Their was kissing, but Leonard was sea sick. Trust me when your sea sick, kissing the last thing on your mind. So you have to beleive Leonard did not encourage it, or initiate it clearly. I think the writers were too vague on the context, they really need to shed more light on the context, to give closure. But it seems some wait for Leonard to screw up, so you can put the boot in. And actually try to argue and proove how horrible Leonard is. When really hes never done anything so bad. In reality moving them in for a safe finalie, is boring. They need to keep the viewers invested, and they have acheived their goal haha. And really we can.take what Leonard said five years ago as face value, even tho not sure what thats got to do with the present. But not Sheldon got ya. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Maybe she could reconnect with Zack in Season 9. Then she would have something in common with her bestie.

The day Amy has sex, with someone other than Sheldon, is the day I stop watching.

I rather talk about the guy whose full of sh t and lies all the time Sheldon. as long as it makes him look good.

BTW. Sheldon isn't the only one to lie about their love life, for their own benefit.

Penny lied about hers too, and to her own father, of all people.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

The day Amy has sex with have sex, with someone other than Sheldon, is the day I stop watching.

BTW. Sheldon isn't the only one to lie about their love life, for their own benefit.

Sheldon has a love life? Who knew lol. So its ok Sheldon lies, but not Penny. Geez selective bias much. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 5

The day Amy has sex with have sex, with someone other than Sheldon, is the day I stop watching.

When Amy masturbates with Gerard, her electric toothbrush, do you think she named him after Gerard Butler? I think she did.

• Like 5

So its ok Sheldon lies, but not Penny.

I never said it was OK for Sheldon to lie. Just pointing out that he wasn't the only one.

Both penny and Raj have also done it.

When Amy masturbates with Gerard, her electric toothbrush, do you think she named him after Gerard Butler? I think she did.

Given Amy's love of literature and poetry, it was more likely named after Gerard de Villiers, Gerard De Nerval or Gerard Manley Hopkins.

The day Amy has sex, with someone other than Sheldon, is the day I stop watching.

1. Who knows it may have happened already.

2. True. But has Amy found out yet?

1. Who knows it may have happened already.

2. True. But has Amy found out yet?

I really would like to see an episode where she find out about the lies Sheldon told Kripke about their sexual life and he find out about her fanfiction. 

I really would like to see an episode where she find out about the lies Sheldon told Kripke about their sexual life and he find out about her fanfiction. 

But would Amy's fan fiction be that surprising to Sheldon?

Sheldon is a damn lier. Just like when he lied to Kripke about their sex life. He can barley get to 3rd base with Amy. Yet has the gore to critisize Leonard's performance in the bed room. Least he has made it to the bedroom lol. I am not being serious in terms of the tone, just trying to make the point. Going oh this person did this, so therefore this person is bad. None of the characters are saints, I hear some people say they are all assholes. Not that I neccessarily agree with that, my point is they are all flawed, just like all humans are. So Leonard kissed another women, so Sheldon is a self righteouss prick when he wants to be, so Penny has a promiscious past, so Amy doesen't know what she wants, so Bernadette is a castrating witch, so Howard was a creep who lets Bernadette walk all over him, Raj is a douche e.t.c. What are everyone here perfect, that we need to deconstruct and defame Leonard to make your self feel better. IF Leonard sudenlly came in shot Sheldon in the face, ah well, Sheldon well be okay the next episode lol. 

• Like 1

But would Amy's fan fiction be that surprising to Sheldon?

I think he would be perplex and then like it. The Sheldon from 2-3 past seasons wouldn't like it, but the one from the presend would. He would be curious, I guess.

I think he would be perplex and then like it. The Sheldon from 2-3 past seasons wouldn't like it, but the one from the presend would. He would be curious, I guess.

I think he'd be intrigued :) 

I'm honestly not sure whether Amy will ever find out about what Sheldon told Kripke...on one hand, it happened almost three seasons ago and the writers have probably forgotten...but on the other hand, if they decide to use Kripke as a third party (in whatever way), I'd say it's a strong possibility. She'd definitely be pissed though.

Premise: I'm a Shamy, not a Lenny, so I'm not emotionally involved by their plot in the finale; nevertheless, I can easily say that, from a writing point of view, I found Lenny's plot way more worse than Shamy. In fact, with Shamy, everything (but the origin of the ring) was on screen, so one could make his/her own opinion. With Lenny, they invented that kiss out of the blue, without any previous hint that there was some sort of secret in Leonard's trip to the North Sea or without any detail about it. That being said, I think that, as the story was told up to now, Leonard cheated, but it was something "minor", compared with the two years of love and commitment that followed the kiss and, if I were Penny, I would be really hurt, but I would also forgive and forget it. What I would be really concerned about (and also Penny seemed to be so) is that my fiance, on our way to the altar, is trying to sabotage the wedding, telling me something which for me is pointless to know right now and that he is throwing upon me the decision to go on or cancel the wedding. That was the impression I got from the car scene and that is the main problem they have to face in the premiere, IMO. Again, this was in open contraddiction with almost everything the writers told us up to then...And, from this point of view, the more "innocent" Lenny is about the kiss, the more not willing to get married he appears to me. He has always had issues with giult, this is true, but really, if he was drunk, sea sick and/or did not initiated the kiss, why bother to mention it if  not for an unconscious need to stop the wedding?

• Like 2

Premise: I'm a Shamy, not a Lenny, so I'm not emotionally involved by their plot in the finale; nevertheless, I can easily say that, from a writing point of view, I found Lenny's plot way more worse than Shamy. In fact, with Shamy, everything (but the origin of the ring) was on screen, so one could make his/her own opinion. With Lenny, they invented that kiss out of the blue, without any previous hint that there was some sort of secret in Leonard's trip to the North Sea or without any detail about it. That being said, I think that, as the story was told up to now, Leonard cheated, but it was something "minor", compared with the two years of love and commitment that followed the kiss and, if I were Penny, I would be really hurt, but I would also forgive and forget it. What I would be really concerned about (and also Penny seemed to be so) is that my fiance, on our way to the altar, is trying to sabotage the wedding, telling me something which for me is pointless to know right now and that he is throwing upon me the decision to go on or cancel the wedding. That was the impression I got from the car scene and that is the main problem they have to face in the premiere, IMO. Again, this was in open contraddiction with almost everything the writers told us up to then...And, from this point of view, the more "innocent" Lenny is about the kiss, the more not willing to get married he appears to me. He has always had issues with giult, this is true, but really, if he was drunk, sea sick and/or did not initiated the kiss, why bother to mention it if  not for an unconscious need to stop the wedding?

For that reason alone haha. Leonard was clearly stalling. Unconciousley he clearly doesen't want to get married at the same place she drunk married Zac. I guess he was trying to sabotage the wedding. But at the same time the context was discussing each others regrets, so Penny contributed. 

For that reason alone haha. Leonard was clearly stalling. Unconciousley he clearly doesen't want to get married at the same place she drunk married Zac. I guess he was trying to sabotage the wedding. But at the same time the context was discussing each others regrets, so Penny contributed. 

That would be a reasonable way to quickly overcome the mess the writers made with their own hands and go on with the show without too much drama, more or less as they did with the Penny/Raj stuff. Since I prefer comedy to drama all the way, I think I'd buy it even if it still seems  to me a little weak...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

That would be a reasonable way to quickly overcome the mess the writers made with their own hands and go on with the show without too much drama, more or less as they did with the Penny/Raj stuff. Since I prefer comedy to drama all the way, I think I'd buy it even if it still seems  to me a little weak...

I think to resolve it, they need to have Leonard go :You know honey now I think about it, I am not very comfortable over the idea of marrying you where you married Zac. Penny is like oh damn forgot about that lol. So they decide to just have a good time instead, and talk honestly about what happened on the boat, get closure. Since S7 Leonard has been nothing but supportive and loving, he was the one who proposed ppl forget. So I think it is forgivable. That is how I would write it anyway. 

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic