[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

Skull you can't blame Wheaton for that, maybe he sowed  the seeds of doubt that Penny was already having but ultimately it was her decision

Rachel, are you saying that if Wheaton wasn't there, Penny would have broken up with Leonard at the bowling alley anyway? 

Rachel, are you saying that if Wheaton wasn't there, Penny would have broken up with Leonard at the bowling alley anyway? 

it's a possibility, penny couldn't/wouldn't tell Leonard she loved him, the doubts she was having may of led to her thinking that breaking up with him was the best way forward, it might of taken a few days without Wils help but I think that is where it was going to head anyway, especially with Leonard badgering her for an answer 

Jmo

it's a possibility, penny couldn't/wouldn't tell Leonard she loved him, the doubts she was having may of led to her thinking that breaking up with him was the best way forward, it might of taken a few days without Wils help but I think that is where it was going to head anyway, especially with Leonard badgering her for an answer 

Jmo

I'll disagree since they agreed it was OK for them to be in two different places. But 'tis OK if you think otherwise. 

Was it kinder, or did she think it was kinder because of the lies told to her by Wheaton? Considering her regret over breaking up with him, if Wheaton wouldn't have lied to her, could they not have worked through it? 

• Like 4

To be fair it was kinder

no it wasn't, if you remember the scene, Will put the thought in her head and Leonard was saying something about bowling to her and she associated it with what Will said.  Then Leonard understood what was happening and asked her what she wanted him to do.  Will upset her and got her confused, he was trying to do that to screw up the game, and she just couldn't take it and broke up.  If they would have talked things through, like they did in the laundry room, who knows what would have happened.  Breaking up in public where one party can't respond is always bad, it is something a person does to quickly dump their SO, not something a person who supposedly loves you, does to you.

• Like 3

Oh SRAM, I am so of the opposite opinion. I think her heart was broken that she couldn't find the bravery to tell Leonard what he needed to hear. With the influence of Wil's statement, she felt she couldn't "string him along" and took the only step she knew--setting him free as it were... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Oh SRAM, I am so of the opposite opinion. I think her heart was broken that she couldn't find the bravery to tell Leonard what he needed to hear. With the influence of Wil's statement, she felt she couldn't "string him along" and took the only step she knew--setting him free as it were... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree 'except' she had regrets she expressed over and over, plus she told Raj she screwed up and never should have broken up with Leonard.  That tells me it was spur of the moment and it was Will that pushed her with his made up story.  She never even mentioned breaking up with him until Will suggested it.  The first time she stormed out of the bowling alley, nothing was mentioned about breaking up and they quickly made up, even though he pushed her harder the first time.  Breakup became an option after Will put it in her mind.

• Like 2

Well, anyone who watched Two And A Half Men knows that Chuck Lorre isn't good at resolving season eight cliffhangers involving a wedding in Vegas... BAZINGA. BAZINGA. I AM JOKING. BADLY. DON'T TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY. 

But I believe that everything will work out for the best, with Leonard and Penny realizing that they want to marry in the presence of their friends and family and getting married in 200th episode or a series finale.

• Like 2

While I agree with you hokie, about Penny's feelings,  if it wasn't for Wil pushing his lie of getting strung along, I don't think Penny would have "set him free".  

The original comment was that "...you couldn't blame Wheaton".    

• Like 4

Exactly Tensor. Wil overheard what was going on and pushed her buttons, putting the thought in her head that it would be kinder to Leonard to set him free now to save him from further heartache---a selfless act on her part. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Penny did the wrong thing at the bowling alley for what she thought was a good reason -saving Leonard from future harm-  and at personal cost. Leonard forgave the hurt. And, Wheaton egged her on, for his personal, petty gain.

Leonard  apparently did the wrong thing on the ship for gratification and at no personal cost until now.   Leonard's fall was entirely self-inflicted. No one made him do do it, unless it turns out he has exaggerated and he was not a voluntary participant. That's the out, where he is not culpable. But if that's the case he still voluntarily harmed Penny by bringing it up. Dumb.

Still, Penny will likely forgive him. But she should tune him up a bit. It can't always be roses. I wait to be surprised by the resolution.

• Like 3

Wheton wasen't being kind. He was breaking up a loving, young couple who were in different places in their relationship, despite in the inevitablity of it. It was not up to him to plant the seeds in Penny's mind, with a bs story about stringing someone along. Wheton is a sociopath lol sorry he is, how Penny is still friends with the guy (obvioulsey not aware). HE at the end of the day sabotaged Penny and Leonard, just to one up Sheldon. Don't really care that L/P would of broken up anyway, let them sort it out as a couple. For him to do something like that in any situation, never liked him since, and don't get why Penny has anything to do with the ratbag. 

• Like 2

That's one I'll never understand, how both Leonard and Penny seemed to be oblivious to what Wil did to them in Season 3. They treated him in later seasons like the bowling alley scene never happened.

Well I don't think Leonard or Penny were aware even to this day, Wheton did what he did. If Penny found out, she would most likely disown Wheton. 

• Like 2

I doubt it.

• Both Leonard and Penny have a high tolerance for crap (for example from Sheldon)
  • If you live in a sitcom you want to have that high tolerance. (unless you are supposed to be Louie De Palma from taxi or something like that)
Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

I doubt it.

• Both Leonard and Penny have a high tolerance for crap (for example from Sheldon)
  • If you live in a sitcom you want to have that high tolerance. (unless you are supposed to be Louie De Palma from taxi or something like that)

Yeah but Sheldon has never intentionally hurt Leonard or Penny in any petty way. I mean Sheldon has done some annyoing things, but he never broke them up. 

Yeah but Sheldon has never intentionally hurt Leonard or Penny in any petty way. I mean Sheldon has done some annyoing things, but he never broke them up. 

Well Sheldon warmed up to Penny during that bit with his nemesis Leslie Winkle. Wil did not have it in for them; he was just shaking things up so he could win. Despicable but Wil has changed since then to be more likeable.

Edited by djsurrey

Well I don't think Leonard or Penny were aware even to this day, Wheton did what he did. If Penny found out, she would most likely disown Wheton. 

I doubt it.

I agree that they weren't  aware but in reality it had no effect. what was going to happen was going to happen. They only had themselves to blame . Wheaton conned Sheldon at the card game at the comic book store and that was also "forgiven".

Doesent change Whetons actions, thats my point. Cannot really justify it based on LPs levl of tolerance. He diddnt have to elimnate Penny in that way, but he choose to. 

Edited by 3ku11

Doesent change Whetons actions, thats my point. Cannot really justify it based on LPs levl of tolerance. He diddnt have to elimnate Penny in that way, but he choose to. 

the whole key with Wheaton was to win at bowling. it worked.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic