[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

It perhaps says as much about where some of Season 8s storylines were heading as my own inherent cynicism, when I wonder, just wonder - a slight irritation of the mind - if we are being set up for Lenny NOT ending as an OTP. Has the recent 'humanising/romanticising/sexualising' of Sheldon, and the 'intimacy increases' between Penny and Sheldon been quietly pointing to a radical realignment of at least one couple? After all, this bizarre (to me, others disagree) trashing of the Leonard character/Lenny relationship, together with a shakey, easy to legally dismiss (easy to annul a la Zach/Penny) and easy to ignore (as none of the gang were there) marriage, added to the very unexpected but timely demise of Shame, leave the door open for, what would've seemed just 6 months ago, an impossibility i.e. Shenny? Could they be that audacious?!? The alternative ie crap writing that dumbs down 8 years of dazzling writing and rock solid development, is equally sad to contemplate. If the way they have been writing Lenny over last 12 months represents a purposeful direction or theme, well, I'm almost ready to jump ship. It's too early to call it as "the sky is falling" and I could be completely wrong, a base panic-monger. On the other hand, strange things are happening with these writers.........

It perhaps says as much about where some of Season 8s storylines were heading as my own inherent cynicism, when I wonder, just wonder - a slight irritation of the mind - if we are being set up for Lenny NOT ending as an OTP. Has the recent 'humanising/romanticising/sexualising' of Sheldon, and the 'intimacy increases' between Penny and Sheldon been quietly pointing to a radical realignment of at least one couple? After all, this bizarre (to me, others disagree) trashing of the Leonard character/Lenny relationship, together with a shakey, easy to legally dismiss (easy to annul a la Zach/Penny) and easy to ignore (as none of the gang were there) marriage, added to the very unexpected but timely demise of Shame, leave the door open for, what would've seemed just 6 months ago, an impossibility i.e. Shenny? Could they be that audacious?!? The alternative ie crap writing that dumbs down 8 years of dazzling writing and rock solid development, is equally sad to contemplate. If the way they have been writing Lenny over last 12 months represents a purposeful direction or theme, well, I'm almost ready to jump ship. It's too early to call it as "the sky is falling" and I could be completely wrong, a base panic-monger. On the other hand, strange things are happening with these writers.........

mate the only way shenny happens if ratings went so low, they needed shock tactics. That would be jumping the shark. If Sheldon was the last man on earth, Penny would shoot herseld first lol. Intimacty increass? Wat Penny looking bored foe 5 mins? How is that intimacy? If Penny cant have Leonard she wont want anyone thats the point. They put the idea the most obsurd ship in history to bed last season.

Edited by 3ku11

'This act of aggression must be met with swift and cruel ferocity.
It is time to cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.' LOL

Nobody can say Shenny is 100% impossible because the writers can do whatever crazy thing they want. But for me it is completely unlikely because of the way TBBT was written until now. It's not "The bold and The Beautiful", for heavens sake! So, I really, really don't worry at all about a Shenny development.

I'm quite confident in saying that Shenny romance will never happen. While the writers are vague about most things, the one thing they've always been firmly against is a Shenny romance and they've said so. They only see and love S/P for the unique and funny friendship they've cultivated over the years and as do the majority of the fans.

I'm quite confident in saying that Shenny romance will never happen. While the writers are vague about most things, the one thing they've always been firmly against is a Shenny romance and they've said so. They only see and love S/P for the unique and funny friendship they've cultivated over the years and as do the majority of the fans.

not to mention Shenny is not real. Just made up notion that developed on the internet. Based that same logic, its all leading to.Penny and Howard, whats the difference lol. Shes dated Leonard for eight seasons, i dont see the parallels. Was established in 1x03 Lenny are endgame. 

Edited by 3ku11

not to mention Shenny is not real. Just made up notion that developed on the internet. Based that same logic, its all leading to.Penny and Howard, whats the difference lol. Shes dated Leonard for eight seasons, i dont see the parallels. Was established in 1x03 Lenny are endgame. 

Yup LOL I just get super annoyed whenever this whole paranoia comes up. It just gives me a big headache.

div>

mate the only way shenny happens if ratings went so low, they needed shock tactics. That would be jumping the shark. If Sheldon was the last man on earth, Penny would shoot herseld first lol. Intimacty increass? Wat Penny looking bored foe 5 mins? How is that intimacy? If Penny cant have she wont want anyone thats the point. 

Hmmmm up until now I woulda agreed on how incredibly low the odds were/are but I think this latest plot 'development' of the gal who has been in Leonards workplace for up to 2 years is such a descent into soap operative drivel that all previous odds may - I stress the MAY - be off for other unlikely explanations. And yes I DO think that Penny made a genuine attempt at empathy for Sheldon's quirks, at least far more than any character other than Amy has done before. I'm not saying she had an "epiphany of passion" towards him, just that he became faaaar less an out and out whackadoodle in her eyes and more a character deserving compassion.
  • Like 1

div>

mate the only way shenny happens if ratings went so low, they needed shock tactics. That would be jumping the shark. If Sheldon was the last man on earth, Penny would shoot herseld first lol. Intimacty increass? Wat Penny looking bored foe 5 mins? How is that intimacy? If Penny cant have she wont want anyone thats the point. 

Hmmmm up until now I woulda agreed on how incredibly low the odds were/are but I think this latest plot 'development' of the gal who has been in Leonards workplace for up to 2 years is such a descent into soap operative drivel that all previous odds may - I stress the MAY - be off for other unlikely explanations. And yes I DO think that Penny made a genuine attempt at empathy for Sheldon's quirks, at least far more than any character other than Amy has done before. I'm not saying she had an "epiphany of passion" towards him, just that he became faaaar less an out and out whackadoodle in her eyes and more a character deserving compassion.

Well she has always cared for him but she sees him as a lovable yet annoying little brother. They have the closest boy-girl friendship of the cast.

• Like 1

Okay I have had time to sleep on it and wow it just made me angrier. 

I stand by my view that the break at the end of season 8 was completely ill timed and unnecessary, but you know I still thought the writers could potentially do something with it and have it lead to an honest conversation between Sheldon and Amy about their emotional and physical desires. 

Wow did the writers screw everything up. 

Sheldon is utterly heartbroken and I feel for him. He opened himself up to a relationship and changed himself and was trying, only for Amy to be indecisive about what she wants (which honestly is so frustrating because she has been prompting him about the same issues for years then suddenly decides to change all of her views wow okay). They destroyed and gutted him and I don't see how he will ever recover. I agree with Koops that he will isolate himself, a regression to a former state. 

I never thought I would ever despise or dislike Amy ever, but wow I actually can't stand her right now. Sheldon has been trying for her all year and yeah he has said some stupid shit over the years but come on. I understood that she wanted a break to think things through and I was semi okay with that and was just starting to wrap my head around it. But wow for her to break up with him, that relationship is now toxic.

What once was a couple who trusted each other, now are two separate parties who despise each other. What's really sad is that Sheldon will never trust Amy again. He thought he could open up to her and let it all out with her, but now she's broken his heart and he doesn't know what to do. It makes me so sad and angry to see how my once favorite OTP in the whole world is becoming a chore to watch. 

I thought I was done after the s6 shitfest but wow this may actually be the tipping point. They have the two main couples at each other's throats, so they've essentially written themselves into a corner here. Sheldon can't be in the same room as Amy and if this turns into some revenge shit, then wow the writers have hit a new low (I can't say I have any trust in the writers anyways but that would still be a new low) 

I also agree that it sounds like a two-parter. God I hope so, I need Lenny to be annulled, Leonard shipped off somewhere and Penny to find someone who actually appreciates her and isn't a complete asswipe. 

I can't see them dragging out all this drama for that long. They can't or else what the hell are they going to write about? Stuart? Seriously I know we have Raj/Emily and Howard/Bernadette but the main ships are why people watch and if they are at odds, then there's nothing.

One last point and then I'm done I swear, if Amy starts dating again (and she probably will, I mean the writers man, they hate us) I don't see how she will ever be apart of the group again besides girls night or whatever. And that makes me so angry that they would ruin the group dynamic, which is amazing in its own right. 

Anyways, I love Shamy but I was a Sheldon fan first and I stand by him. I hate that I have to choose sides but if I have to, it's going to be him. 

Well she has always cared for him but she sees him as a lovable yet annoying little brother. They have the closest boy-girl friendship of the cast.

like she said in adhesive duck ""everyone thinks your this weird, annoying wackadoodle, and you totally are. But then like ET your so full of love". Thats how she sees him, as a big, weird brother, Thats the character passion. Physiologically, physically, and literally. But nine years im over it, its so 2008. Lenny are endgame always have been since the pilot. 

Penny has shown more affection towards Sheldon than Leonard....especially in the past few seasons...

and Leonard has become more rude and idoitic towards Penny and Sheldon has become more caring and helpful...........

Penny :: open your eyes and dump leonard and...........

like she said in adhesive duck ""everyone thinks your this weird, annoying wackadoodle, and you totally are. But then like ET your so full of love". Thats how she sees him, as a big, weird brother, Thats the character passion. Physiologically, physically, and literally. But nine years im over it, its so 2008. Lenny are endgame always have been since the pilot. 

Yeah, its just a total waste of time and energy to complain, worry and/or bitch about a fanon ship like that.

Thats the last thing I'll say on this subject. 

contentcommentid="390591">

Okay I have had time to sleep on it and wow it just made me angrier. 

I stand by my view that the break at the end of season 8 was completely ill timed and unnecessary, but you know I still thought the writers could potentially do something with it and have it lead to an honest conversation between Sheldon and Amy about their emotional and physical desires. 

Wow did the writers screw everything up. 

Sheldon is utterly heartbroken and I feel for him. He opened himself up to a relationship and changed himself and was trying, only for Amy to be indecisive about what she wants (which honestly is so frustrating because she has been prompting him about the same issues for years then suddenly decides to change all of her views wow okay). They destroyed and gutted him and I don't see how he will ever recover. I agree with Koops that he will isolate himself, a regression to a former state. 

I never thought I would ever despise or dislike Amy ever, but wow I actually can't stand her right now. Sheldon has been trying for her all year and yeah he has said some stupid shit over the years but come on. I understood that she wanted a break to think things through and I was semi okay with that and was just starting to wrap my head around it. But wow for her to break up with him, that relationship is now toxic.

What once was a couple who trusted each other, now are two separate parties who despise each other. What's really sad is that Sheldon will never trust Amy again. He thought he could open up to her and let it all out with her, but now she's broken his heart and he doesn't know what to do. It makes me so sad and angry to see how my once favorite OTP in the whole world is becoming a chore to watch. 

I thought I was done after the s6 shitfest but wow this may actually be the tipping point. They have the two main couples at each other's throats, so they've essentially written themselves into a corner here. Sheldon can't be in the same room as Amy and if this turns into some revenge shit, then wow the writers have hit a new low (I can't say I have any trust in the writers anyways but that would still be a new low) 

I also agree that it sounds like a two-parter. God I hope so, I need Lenny to be annulled, Leonard shipped off somewhere and Penny to find someone who actually appreciates her and isn't a complete asswipe. 

I can't see them dragging out all this drama for that long. They can't or else what the hell are they going to write about? Stuart? Seriously I know we have Raj/Emily and Howard/Bernadette but the main ships are why people watch and if they are at odds, then there's nothing.

One last point and then I'm done I swear, if Amy starts dating again (and she probably will, I mean the writers man, they hate us) I don't see how she will ever be apart of the group again besides girls night or whatever. And that makes me so angry that they would ruin the group dynamic, which is amazing in its own right. 

Anyways, I love Shamy but I was a Sheldon fan first and I stand by him. I hate that I have to choose sides but if I have to, it's going to be him. 

I'm sorry you feel like this. I hope you haven't given up on Shamy though...

So, I really, really don't worry at all about a Shenny development.

Me neither.

Aside from their sibling like relationship, there's Penny's considerable sexual history, against Sheldon's mysophobia.

It took him years to voluntarily kiss Amy on the mouth, so I can hardly imagine him being comfortable, mushing together his bathing suit area, with Penny's "famously ravenous nether regions".

Also, can you honestly see Sheldon having coitus, with someone Leonard has had coitus with?

ETA: The day Sheldon or Amy lose their virginity to anyone, other than each other, is the day I stop watching any new episodes.

Just the idea grosses me out.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

agt_1 = agitation No1 ?

:bb:

Agitation? Well, could be if you let it I suppose but nothing I've put forward was designed to agitate. They're just ideas, and ones I have qualified as being on the more unlikely end of the spectrum. But, as I say, other ideas I once would've thought unlikely have happened and I never underestimate the writer's ability to go off on a weird tangent. But no apologies for NOT liking the starting point of series 9. I don't like it one bit and I'm really curious to see how they write their way through it.

Agitation? Well, could be if you let it I suppose but nothing I've put forward was designed to agitate. They're just ideas, and ones I have qualified as being on the more unlikely end of the spectrum. But, as I say, other ideas I once would've thought unlikely have happened and I never underestimate the writer's ability to go off on a weird tangent. But no apologies for NOT liking the starting point of series 9. I don't like it one bit and I'm really curious to see how they write their way through it.

Thanks for your clarification. BTW, I like a good start for fun...;-)

• 2 weeks later...

you mentioned something I forgot, they have written Howardette for several seasons, as married, so they do have a pattern to follow.  Also they just have to use the excuse that Sheldon is in a bad way now and Leonard has too much stuff to move, to be their reason to live between the two apartments, but they must sleep together every night.  

There is a lot of comedy potential for the three of them living together, Penny the slob, Sheldon the neat freak, and Leonard trying to keep his wife from killing his ex-roommate.  Also when that comedy ends, you can have Sheldon start taking Penny for granted, like she is also his wife (without the sex) until Penny starts to understand what is happening and tells Leonard they are permamently moving back across the hall.  And while this is all happening, Penny can be helping Amy and Sheldon get back together, so when Lenny moves out, Amy can move in.   Throw in group and science plots and the next thing you know it is season 10.

Yeah, there's some comedy in that scenario but aren't you guys kinda sick of Sheldon butting into Lenny's life as it is?  Wouldn't them living at 4A with him (even if it's just a few nights a week) just be 1) giving into HIS "wants" rather then theirs, 2) drrrraaaaagggging out the separation between Sheldon & Leonard yet some more, 3) didn't Lenny already put their foot down about living with him (which is why I think they've never shown Penny staying at 4A w/ Leonard in S8) and 4) they would be shown as once again giving into the big baby.

I think going ahead and having Lenny get married in Vegas was partly so they would be forced to separate L & S.  They simply can't have Leonard still sleeping in 4A & Penny in 4B when they're married.  Even the most casual viewer would think that would be odd, stupid and unrealistic.

• Like 7

Yeah, there's some comedy in that scenario but aren't you guys kinda sick of Sheldon butting into Lenny's life as it is?  Wouldn't them living at 4A with him (even if it's just a few nights a week) just be 1) giving into HIS "wants" rather then theirs, 2) drrrraaaaagggging out the separation between Sheldon & Leonard yet some more, 3) didn't Lenny already put their foot down about living with him (which is why I think they've never shown Penny staying at 4A w/ Leonard in S8) and 4) they would be shown as once again giving into the big baby.

I think going ahead and having Lenny get married in Vegas was partly so they would be forced to separate L & S.  They simply can't have Leonard still sleeping in 4A & Penny in 4B when they're married.  Even the most casual viewer would think that would be odd, stupid and unrealistic.

Agreed. I totally am sick of lenny bowing down to Sheldon's every needs. They've got their life to live. Live it. L/P are married now they deserve to live as a married couple not a treesome it will be just so weird if the writers keep this boring same scenerio, lenny need to move in together and not in 4A with Sheldon. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

Just wanted to say I liked your post, but I have one problem. If all this happens, what do you do with Sheldon? Sheldon alone in his apartment is not going to be very interesting or funny to watch. The magic of Sheldon or Jim playing Sheldon is how he reacts to the other people in his life. You have to solve Sheldon being alone and not interesting if you break up Sheldon with Leonard, or Lenny. Just asking what would you do? What are the writers going to do? Anyone have any ideas? Maybe that's why the writers haven't been in a hurry to break Sheldon and Leonard up. I'm just thinking.....

Just wanted to say I liked your post, but I have one problem. If all this happens, what do you do with Sheldon? Sheldon alone in his apartment is not going to be very interesting or funny to watch. The magic of Sheldon or Jim playing Sheldon is how he reacts to the other people in his life. You have to solve Sheldon being alone and not interesting if you break up Sheldon with Leonard, or Lenny. Just asking what would you do? What are the writers going to do? Anyone have any ideas? Maybe that's why the writers haven't been in a hurry to break Sheldon and Leonard up. I'm just thinking.....

So who cares. I guess lenny are not allowed to be happy. Oh I forgot it's the Sheldon show. My mistake. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

He's a grown man!!  He'll survive.  And eventually Amy will move in with him.  And I think it would be funny seeing him try and make it on his own for awhile and pestering EVERYBODY for help with whatever until Shamy are in 4A.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic