[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

You have to solve Sheldon being alone and not interesting if you break up Sheldon with Leonard, or Lenny. Just asking what would you do?

I think you get the Shamy back together, and move Amy into 4A.

I think the fans want it, and there's plenty of interesting and/or comedic possibilities in it.

Also, Sheldon asking Amy to live with him, would be a clear sign to her, that he's ready to work at their relationship.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 2

Just wanted to say I liked your post, but I have one problem. If all this happens, what do you do with Sheldon? Sheldon alone in his apartment is not going to be very interesting or funny to watch. The magic of Sheldon or Jim playing Sheldon is how he reacts to the other people in his life. You have to solve Sheldon being alone and not interesting if you break up Sheldon with Leonard, or Lenny. Just asking what would you do? What are the writers going to do? Anyone have any ideas? Maybe that's why the writers haven't been in a hurry to break Sheldon and Leonard up. I'm just thinking.....

I agree with a lot of what you said.  I'm a Lenny shipper mostly and after season 8, I believe we are now watching the Sheldon Show, that season solidified it for me.  So Sheldon alone and broken up from Amy, is not funny, and I don't think will happen.  So unless they find a new funny roommate for him or Amy suddenly moves it, all that is left is keeping Leonard there.  I don't have a problem with Leonard staying as long as Mrs Penelope Hofstadter stays with him.  They can keep him company and help him with Amy, plus it will be funny because unlike Leonard, Penny isn't trained.

• Like 2

This is what I don't get. Lenny can be funny on their own and Sheldon could be funny running around like a nutter trying to get Amy back, while lenny live in peace as a married couple. He got the book he has to learn on his own or he will never learn or leave lenny alone. Comedy in that to me. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I don't want them to break up the shelnard just yet, they are comedy gold!

But they don't have to live together to keep the friendship. It still could be funny living next door. Leonard walking in to 4a and heading to his room and Sheldon saying. "Leonard you don't live here any more. Lol or Sheldon breaking into 4b because he doesn't want to be alone. But it will be good for amy getting closer to moving in and taking over leonard role. :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Seems there's comedy potential either way. Of course I would love to The Hofstadters living alone in marital bliss. I am dreamer, what can I say. If they move into 4B, this allows Shamy, once reunited, to live together even before sharing a bed in 4A. As SRAM pointed out, there is comedy to be had with all 3 living in 4A, although Sheldon already tried to train Penny with chocolates in S3. If TPTB does go that route, until Sheldon woos Amy back, maybe Penny and Sheldon will revert to a more confrontational relationship, like they had in the early years. They were a lot funnier then, IMO!

• Like 4

But they don't have to live together to keep the friendship. It still could be funny living next door. Leonard walking in to 4a and heading to his room and Sheldon saying. "Leonard you don't live here any more. Lol or Sheldon breaking into 4b because he doesn't want to be alone. But it will be good for amy getting closer to moving in and taking over leonard role. :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I was just stirring the pot with my questions.

Right now Amy isn't close to moving in at all. The Shamy are broken up, and not sure how long it's going to take to get them back together.

If TPTB does go that route, until Sheldon woos Amy back, maybe Penny and Sheldon will revert to a more confrontational relationship, like they had in the early years. They were a lot funnier then, IMO!

I do miss those banters!

• Like 2

wrt Shelnard, I speculate that it will last longer than might be naturally expected. It took the Hofstadters (yay) eight years to get from zero to wedded. That's a very long time and I suspect would be an outlier in the courtship stakes. However, mateship is particularly durable and there is no reason why Leonard and Sheldon cant continue to have their thing going on, on the side.

Having Penny trying to prise Leonard off of Sheldon might be funny, if Leonard resists actually trying to change his circumstances. Penny has Leonard on a pretty tight leash - he gave her complete control over the decision on getting married for example and I don't think he contradicts her much anymore. What Penny wants, Penny gets (except the gigantic film career). So if Penny tries to tug Leonard away from Sheldon, and he baulks then there might be comedy ensuing.

Still, I don't expect any rapid developments in any dimensions until they wrap the show. They upgraded the Hofstaders but I doubt they will re-tool the premise. I think TPTB will play through Penny and Leonard. It'll be funny so far as it effects Sheldon but as for huge changes to anything else, I have my doubts. I do really want whatever happens to be funny, and maybe they can resist diving into the moral quandary barrel for a while. But if that's where they want to go for their comedy then I should lump it.

Roasting sacred cows is a comedy staple. Shock and "awww" are the two poles TPTB spin around As said by some guy in a movie ". It will be alright when its over and if its not alright then its not over." I don't expect rainbows and ponies in the meantime.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

Yeah, there's some comedy in that scenario but aren't you guys kinda sick of Sheldon butting into Lenny's life as it is?  Wouldn't them living at 4A with him (even if it's just a few nights a week) just be 1) giving into HIS "wants" rather then theirs, 2) drrrraaaaagggging out the separation between Sheldon & Leonard yet some more, 3) didn't Lenny already put their foot down about living with him (which is why I think they've never shown Penny staying at 4A w/ Leonard in S8) and 4) they would be shown as once again giving into the big baby.

I think going ahead and having Lenny get married in Vegas was partly so they would be forced to separate L & S.  They simply can't have Leonard still sleeping in 4A & Penny in 4B when they're married.  Even the most casual viewer would think that would be odd, stupid and unrealistic.

I'm expecting it to be an unconventional marriage but I think they have got to be together someplace or the marriage would look to be a sham.

I think I agree with your assessment about separating L&S. I can't really see penny living in 4A if Sheldon is still there so my guess is Leonard is moving to 4B. This might be part of the reason Sheldon goes a bit off the rails. Without Lenny around to moderate his behavior he could get kind of extreme.

• Like 4

I'm expecting it to be an unconventional marriage but I think they have got to be together someplace or the marriage would look to be a sham.

I think I agree with your assessment about separating L&S. I can't really see penny living in 4A if Sheldon is still there so my guess is Leonard is moving to 4B. This might be part of the reason Sheldon goes a bit off the rails. Without Lenny around to moderate his behavior he could get kind of extreme.

I agree, as above. And further, many want and expect Leonard to shack up exclusively with Penny. I feel there is no evidence to suggest that expectation to be fulfilled immediately. And to expect otherwise is likely hazardous. I do expect them to always sleep together, but where I think, may be fluid.

I was just stirring the pot with my questions.

Right now Amy isn't close to moving in at all. The Shamy are broken up, and not sure how long it's going to take to get them back together.

And if it takes even more time to get them to where they were before the break.  I can't see everything being copacetic right after getting back together.

He's a grown man!!  He'll survive.  And eventually Amy will move in with him.  And I think it would be funny seeing him try and make it on his own for awhile and pestering EVERYBODY for help with whatever until Shamy are in 4A.

He may survive but he may be too toxic to get close to. 

• Like 1

My guess is that Penny and Sheldon will decide that Leonard will spend 4 nights with Penny and 3 with Sheldon that way Penny and Sheldon can adjust to Leonard being there with Penny and leaving Sheldon Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

My guess is that Penny and Sheldon will decide that Leonard will spend 4 nights with Penny and 3 with Sheldon that way Penny and Sheldon can adjust to Leonard being there with Penny and leaving Sheldon Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

It would be weird for them to sleep apart so Leonard can be with Sheldon, normal people would not do that and the Hofstadters are suppose to be the most normal of the gang.  I could see something like Dr and Mrs Hofstadter sleeping in 4A most nights, with one or two nights alone in 4B, to get loud.  Sheldon being alone would be sad, not funny, and Sheldon sneaking into 4B is just creepy now since they are married.  TPTB will go for the most laughs for Sheldon and IMO that is the Hofstadters trying to live with Sheldon.

• Like 2

It would be weird for them to sleep apart so Leonard can be with Sheldon, normal people would not do that and the Hofstadters are suppose to be the most normal of the gang.  I could see something like Dr and Mrs Hofstadter sleeping in 4A most nights, with one or two nights alone in 4B, to get loud.  Sheldon being alone would be sad, not funny, and Sheldon sneaking into 4B is just creepy now since they are married.  TPTB will go for the most laughs for Sheldon and IMO that is the Hofstadters trying to live with Sheldon.

I agree with you completely but Lenny did agree to one night a week when they where engaged so I wouldn't be surprised plus I don't think they will give Leonard much say in the this dissicsion Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Great points by you as well, Itwas. At work someone found out I am a huge TBBT fan (was it the calendar? The coffe mug? The bobble-head figures?). The immediate response? "How about that Sheldon? He is hilarious! I love that Jim What's-his-name!"  Sheldon is the main draw for the huddled masses. Us fans of another attraction are just, as my mother used to say, are SOL.

• Like 1

If you have to ask you will never understand.

And some Lenny's were able to survive Leonard and Penny being exes.  Why should Sheldon and Amy be spared from going through those kinds of ordeals (along with it's fans).

Because obviously Shamy is more"special" than Lenny. don't you know meka you 're watching the show wrong.

• Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic