The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

I'm sorry, but you don't get to dictate what I can and can't discuss....

I agree....

I take it you strongly disagree to all three yeah?

so.......strongly disagree. Or, I disagree strongly...my, uh disagreement is strong?....uh, it is , I mean, a strong disagreement...that I feel....strongly...um......
...oh look, a squirrel...                         :anim_drool:
Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

Since you last addressed me I haven't read any post by you, because before I do I wanted to address your observation that I'm gunning for you. Absolutely not. Again being belligerent for no reason, and again, wrong. Actually up until this point I have quite enjoyed your posts. The last series of posts by you that I remember were an argument you had with Mekka un which I was agreeing with you and not him. I might have even "liked" your posts without explaining myself to Mekka. Imagine that (the horror). I will no engage in a discussion with you, because quite frankly your reply doesn't satisfy me. And finally, in order to "gun" for you I would have to care about what you say much more than I do. Sorry but I don't.

• Like 2

They need to go back and watch their own damn show and look at all the other times they established him being a Taurus!

They NEVER 100% established Sheldon as a Taurus, the only time him being a taurus is brought up is a comment from Penny, "blah, blah, blah, typical Taurus".  How do you know Penny's comment wasn't her GUESSING Sheldon's sign based on HIS BEHAVIOR, and that she stopped asking birthdays BECAUSE of Sheldon's rant, and that she didn't get around to his?

Just because a character SAYS SOMETHING, doesn't make it 100% gospel truth.

Edited by meka3000

Since you last addressed me I haven't read any post by you, because before I do I wanted to address your observation that I'm gunning for you. Absolutely not. Again being belligerent for no reason, and again, wrong. Actually up until this point I have quite enjoyed your posts. The last series of posts by you that I remember were an argument you had with Mekka un which I was agreeing with you and not him. I might have even "liked" your posts without explaining myself to Mekka. Imagine that (the horror). I will no engage in a discussion with you, because quite frankly your reply doesn't satisfy me. And finally, in order to "gun" for you I would have to care about what you say much more than I do. Sorry but I don't.

Carlos, you liked my posts when I was debating with Meka3000 for exactly the same reason those other posters liked your post attacking me. However, I don't need anyone holding my coat and chanting my name while I plough in. Now, having dodged my question a fourth time, I find I too have no interest in your reply either, and with that I bid you and this site farewell, or as Douglas Adams would have it....

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I actually didn't dodge your question for a forth time I had asked you if you could reformulate the question and quote what you have said and what I had "allegedly" said because I didn't remember it., but my post was erased, I presume by a moderator, because they did so without my knowledge and consent, which IS rude. I'd hope if they're going to erase something I post that at least they'd tell me. If you want to reformulate the question and tell me I'd answer you. I don't remember exactly what was said, honestly. Btw I can't quote in this computer so that makes it harder for me to find your previous post and address it.

I am dreading the Season 9 start.

I feel as if it will begin with Penny, furious, stomping up the stairs and going into 4B and slamming her door in Leonard's face. 

And I don't know about your area, but in my area for Season 8, to promote TBBT, they would only showed  pictures of Sheldon and Penny. As the two innocent and injured parties in the Season 8 finale, I really think that TPTB as setting us up for Shenny.   

I truly hope I am wrong. 

• Like 2

I feel as if it will begin with Penny, furious, stomping up the stairs and going into 4B and slamming her door in Leonard's face.

And I don't know about your area, but in my area for Season 8, to promote TBBT, they would only showed pictures of Sheldon and Penny. As the two innocent and injured parties in the Season 8 finale, I really think that TPTB as setting us up for Shenny.

I truly hope I am wrong.

I

I hope your wrong too but deep down I can see that happening

Edited by old sailor
  • Like 1

Why would tptb want to lose shit loads of viewers to gain more viewers. The maths doesn't add up.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by Tonstar17
  • Like 1

I don't mind the "friendship" Shenny scenes at all. They're friends. It's just a fact of the show. And yes, I think some of their scenes together are funny. They DO have great COMEDIC chemistry.

Yeah, they go to each other for advice about their S.O. and Penny goes to him for advice on other things when she needs unbiased advice, something she's not going to be able to get from Leonard because he loves her. Sheldon simply doesn't give a shit and she knows this. Unbiased.

And Sheldon mostly goes to her for advice about Amy. Why? Who else is closer to Amy besides him? And she gives him a girls point of view. He's closer to Penny then he is Bernadette. There's simply no one else for him to go to for girlfriend advice except Penny.

I'm not at all worried about tptb going the "romantic" Shenny route at this stage of the game. There's simply not enough time to make it believable for starters and it would turn off casual viewers and piss off hard core Shamy/Lenny fans.

Edited by Kathr2611
  • Like 8

And I don't know about your area, but in my area for Season 8, to promote TBBT, they would only showed  pictures of Sheldon and Penny. As the two innocent and injured parties in the Season 8 finale, I really think that TPTB as setting us up for Shenny.   

I truly hope I am wrong. 

Really? Here in Australia it's only ever about Shamy! lol

I'm not at all worried about tptb going the "romantic" Shenny route at this stage of the game.

Me neither.

If they were going to go the route of a Shenny romance, they've had plenty of opportunities to do it in the past.

I can certainly see them comforting one another, but nothing romantic.

Apart from anything else, Sheldon is totally and irrevocably in love with Amy.

• Like 2

I don't think they will go with romantic Shenny...They have stressed pretty much their mother/son/brother/sister relationship to do it right now and molaro himself in his post finale interviews was very positive about their kind of relation....The Intimacy Acceleration was built over this idea, so much so that i've began to think they made such an episode because they were thinking to shake things up in the finale and don't want the fandoms to freak out. I know that everything is possible and constincency with their own stories is not the writers strongest suit (to quote Sheldon) but if they go with romantic shenny right now is like throwing away all the past seasons and, more important, a lot lot lot of money!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

Me neither.

If they were going to go the route of a Shenny romance, they've had plenty of opportunities to do it in the past.

I can certainly see them comforting one another, but nothing romantic.

Apart from anything else, Sheldon is totally and irrevocably in love with Amy.

Agreed, if the writers wanted Shenny to happen, they would have done it by now. They've made it pretty clear that romantic Shenny is never going to happen and that their relationship will never be anything more than platonic (Intimacy Acceleration, anyone?).

Remember that there are only two seasons left, which is in no way enough time to begin and develop a new romance in the show. At this point, the writers are more likely to start wrapping things up, rather than starting something new.

Edited by The Mushroom Log
  • Like 1

We don't know that.

All we know is, they are guaranteed for two more seasons.

True, actually. But since they haven't yet been renewed for any more than two seasons, let's assume that Season 10 will be the last.

Stephen Hawking:

While I think it's true that Sheldon loves Amy, what troubles me most (on Amy's behalf, actually) is that (as I've said many times before) the love of Sheldon's life is NOT Amy, but himself. To truly fall in love you have to be able to let go completely, and to a certain extent open up your heart to the point where it could be severely damaged, and I don't know if Sheldon's prepared to do it.

• Like 3

Stephen Hawking:

While I think it's true that Sheldon loves Amy, what troubles me most (on Amy's behalf, actually) is that (as I've said many times before) the love of Sheldon's life is NOT Amy, but himself. To truly fall in love you have to be able to let go completely, and to a certain extent open up your heart to the point where it could be severely damaged, and I don't know if Sheldon's prepared to do it.

And hopefully that's what'll be explored in Season 9!

Stephen Hawking:

I have to admit I don't really understand your comment. What  "let go" means in terms of Sheldon? Fears? Boundaries? Personality? 

Plus Isn't Sheldon's last scene of S8 kind of proof he already did opened his heart to be hurt? He didn't seemed okey to me...

It's obvious Shedon loves himself dearly, but if really love of his life was just him, why would he do so much against himself? He never really cared about relationships, dates, or physical contact, if he was love of his life, why he would need some Amy in his life? Made any changes for her? In acquisitive terms she doesn't have much to offer more than occasional ride. I'll not argue with you that Sheldon is not selfish, he is, but I feel like a I have to point out those few moments he acted completely unselfishly were to accommodate to her and make her happy. Even against his own beliefs, and that speaks to me as a proof of being able to put the person he loves above himself. 

Edited by tallin
  • Like 1

I agree with you Tallin...If Sheldon needed an "epiphany", he got it in the videochat with Emy, in my opinion. If you look at his expressions during the Skype call (of course it is all Jim Parsons credit, he deserves tons of awards this year just for this scene!!!), in the beginning he was completely oblivious of the troubles he was in. He begun to understand that there was a problem in the middle of the conversation, when Amy said "I love you but...". From that moment, his looks changed, at the end of the Skype call he was devastated. I truly believe that in that moment he realized, not how much Amy means in his life, because all the changes he has already made for her show that he truly wants her in his life,but that Amy is not always happy in the relationship (I guess this has never come to his mind) and that he's loosing her.

So whatever his issues about opening his heart to feelings (and to the pain they can provide us) may have been in the past, I think now he is in a new phase of his personal growth. The problem in the next season in my opinion will be how to express this new phase in an organic way without completely altering the character himself.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

Tallin:

As I've said before as well, for me the scene with the ring (while masterfully acted by Jim) was completely un-earned, lazy writing and artificial storytelling. I didn't feel Shamy's relationship had progressed enough to warrant him having bought a ring, specially after Sheldon kissing Amy while thinking about something else. In the context of what I was saying letting go means exactly what you said: fears, boundaries, and selfishness. For me, at least, in order to be in love with a person you have to love them more or the same than you love yourself, and I just don't see Sheldon there yet. In regards of what you say about Amy, I'm not saying he doesn't love her, just that she's not the love of his life. If she were, he'd make her a priority in his life, and as shown by the scene prior to their break up, she isn't.

• Like 2

I agree the ring thing seemed to just come out of left field with no lead up to it or even any hints he felt that strongly I kind of feel like the writers skipped over a lot of relationship development to get there

• Like 1

As excited as I am about the prospect of Shamy getting engaged and eventually married...I agree that the ring came out of nowhere. They weren't hinting at an engagement at all...if anything, they were hinting towards coitus as the next major development in the relationship.

• Like 2

I think the shamy shippers better be careful about what they wish for as we have found out with Lenny the writers don't seem to know how to write for an engaged couple that has had coitus Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think the shamy shippers better be careful about what they wish for as we have found out with Lenny the writers don't seem to know how to write for an engaged couple that has had coitus Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Sadly true...