[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Nograv your a dude aren't you? Well if Sheldon has such disregard for Women, no wonder he and Amy never work out. He said I Want a women back, so I can ignore her lol. I mean doesn't that scream Shamy, I don't know. Dr Cooper dating normally, what is happening to this show? Give me Penny and the geeks any day over this tripe. Bit harsh, but when Wowbagger said it is like Amnesic Ball, just handing it over to each other, to extend the story. He nailed it! That is what it is like, who are these imposters lol.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

Nograv your a dude aren't you? Well if Sheldon has such disregard for Women, no wonder he and Amy never work out. He said I Want a women back, so I can ignore her lol. I mean doesn't that scream Shamy, I don't know. Dr Cooper dating normally, what is happening to this show? Give me Penny and the geeks any day over this tripe. Bit harsh, but when Wowbagger said it is like Amnesic Ball, just handing it over to each other, to extend the story. He nailed it! That is what it is like, who are these imposters lol.

offended on behalf of dudes, man. Lol.

• Like 1

Those sneak peeks about killed me.

I am not looking forward to this episode at all.   I would skip it, except like Sheldon, I need to see the entire story.

I think Sheldon has gone from one extreme to the other.    My husband and I were talking about it, and he says that Sheldon is in an "I'll show you mood."  If Amy is intent on moving on, then he is out to show her he can do the same.   So, in a sense, his behavior is his way of telling her to go to H***.   He is isn't going to sit back and wallow in sorrow while she's out having fun with someone else, but his heart is really not in it.    

I still don't get Penny.   She commends Sheldon for looking for another female companion, and then she is helping Amy with dressing for her date with Dave.   What gives?   She is not interfering at all.

yup I agree with your husband somewhat, especially the statement that his heart isn't in it at the end. He recruits the same two buddies that were responsible for hooking him up with the love of his life, thinking that a replacement is the way to go to move on (don't most people go that route at some point after a break up? Amy did)...I don't think Sheldon does it though out of spite and a "go to hell" mode though. In the end, he just isn't ready to date, he barely can sort out his own feelings on the break up. It's just a veiled desperate move on his part to overcome his sadness and disappointment related to the end of the relationship....

and yes yes I agree on Penny's odd behavior through it all...she isn't one to stay away from gossip and meddles all the time, yet here we have a Penny who is close to both characters acting as if she knows nothing about Sheldon's behavior in the Spockumentary, his confession that he planned to propose, or anything else. You KNOW she talked to Amy off camera during this whole thing, heck Amy asked her immediately to come over after the break up. Staying out of the affair for the sake of letting Shamy work it out themselves (as some folks on this forum suggest) is a stretch of the imagination, but to add on top of that a Penny who would encourage both of them to just forget about the 5 years spent together and to just go for it with other dates is insane....where is the Penny that cared about friends and their well being? Where is the Penny who wanted to give Sheldon a hug last episode?

yuck.......

• Like 2

This site is turning into the Sheldon & shamy thread. We might have to move like the shenny did. Lots of double standards. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

That's a good idea create a site dedicated to Big Bang Theory and Lenny lol, kidding sort of..

No she didn't nail it, once again another Sheldon Apologist. I don't like some of you diss someones post behind their back, it is really petty. 

How exactly is saying she didn't care who said it, just that the show acknowledge that they are Dr and Mrs Hofstadter, being a Sheldon apologist?

• Like 2

To be fair why would Penny care? It's not her relationship, and its not her business. Just like her relationship with Leonard is no ones business.

Why does Penny care? Besides the fact that both Amy and Sheldon are her close friends? Well because she loves gossip and loves to put her two cents in whenever she can. Always has. She "went down the rabbit hole" in one episode and pressed Sheldon for his take on his relationship with Amy and when Sheldon revealed coitus wasn't off the table she got so excited she about broke Leonard's arm with all the slapping she did...when Amy and Sheldon concocted their little experiment meme to see how fast gossip would spread using Penny as the guinea pig, she dove in without blinking. She interfered with Leonard's relationship with the doctor by giving him advice that led to him questioning his relationship with her.

The list is endless why she would care, and why in any other circumstance Penny would've meddled and been a part of the break up....

• Like 1

To be fair why would Penny care? It's not her relationship, and its not her business. Just like her relationship with Leonard is no ones business.

That would hold water if she weren't always interfering by questioning Sheldon's motives toward Amy regarding sex.   It seems she picks and chooses what she wants to meddle in.

• Like 2

That would hold water if she weren't always interfering by questioning Sheldon's motives toward Amy regarding sex.   It seems she picks and chooses what she wants to meddle in.

yup, and it's in her nature to be in the thick of things. Yes, it's no one's business but Amy's and Sheldon's...but as we've seen before, the ladies get together and talk shop all the time. They are all very aware of the ins and outs of each other's relationships and lean on each other as friends do. When Bernie and Wolowitz had their problems Penny was right there, and in fact Penny is the one who winds up getting the heartfelt apology that Howard offered at Bernie's door...we all know Penny loves gossip and is especially interested in Shamy. 

I think you and I have both commented on how baffling it is that Penny is somewhat out of character now with regards to her behavior in the break up, and her lack of support for a reconciliation. 

I do think, though, that now that 9.09 reveals a distraught Amy over Sheldon's refusal to renew the relationship we will soon see a ladies night of sorts where Amy pours out her soul to the gals...maybe. So hard to predict the writers directions, especially this season.

• Like 2

NO its because Sheldon mentioned it per usual, just like the next ep seems Shamy centric again. May as well re name the Show to The Shamy Show. Everyone else is just supporters at this stage.

For you maybe and whomever you think you are speaking for.  But for me, I stand by my original post.  I did say it was my opinion...

• Like 2

I think if i was a shamy fan i would be less worried about what penny does and be more worried about how big of a jerk sheldon is Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

How exactly is saying she didn't care who said it, just that the show acknowledge that they are Dr and Mrs Hofstadter, being a Sheldon apologist?

Quoting this because the original comment you are commenting on Rick was in the Lenny thread.  Thank you for this. 

I also would just like to say that while I'm not Sheldon Cooper's number one fan, and I do think the show is focusing on him wayyy to much at times, I am choosing to appreciate the show based on what I get concerning Lenny.  And hearing ANYONE call them Dr. and the Mrs. is awesome to me.

Next I'm not sure what a Sheldon apologist is exactly especially since I don't see myself as such. 

And lastly it was mentioned that posts are apparently spoken of unkindly behind people's back. If any of mine are, please keep that out of my reality.  I'm way passed being five...

• Like 4

I would watch the sneak peak again. To me it looks like Penny wants so do something( not sure what ) and Sheldon shuts her down. Look at the frustrated look on Penny;s face when Sheldon yells at her.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/video/19AEC880-65ED-3AAD-B4E5-D97C84912D0A/the-big-bang-theory-hidden-engagement-ring/ 

• Like 2

I think that is a little harsh towards Penny, I mean the way you're characterizing her. However what I do believe is that she is being written OOC because she's the biggest gossip and she most likely would have said something about the documentary, but... no such luck.

We already know what's going to happen next and while I'll watch Sheldon's date, Amy's adventures, and the Aquarium Shamy afternoon with varying degrees of interest, for me the straw that broke the camel's back is Amy asking to be Sheldon's girlfriend after just one afternoon. For me, and I emphasize the "for me" part, meaning strictly IMO, that makes the whole breakup a mere writing exercise since they haven't talked about any of the problems or issues that led to the break up. I have always questioned the timing of the split even if I supported it up until now and considered it IC, but it's been so long that TBH I've lost interest, and I'm going through I really don't care what happens to them phase. I'm sure it'll pass because I like the characters, but I'm also resenting the fact that TBBT has become too relationship centric for my taste, and Shamy's split is "coloring" the whole season. I'd much rather the show move one as it seems to be stuck to a certain extent. As I've mentioned more than once this is all just my opinion, and I don't want to offend anybody, but at the same time I obviously wanted to say what I thought 

• Like 3

Maybe the reason penny doesn't care/give a shit anymore about shamy is because Sheldon is a bad boyfriend and penny can see through him and his ways. Me,me, me. As any good friend would do why would you try and get your friend back together with someone like him. Until Sheldon starts respecting his friends and Amy. The gang will never root for him. Just look at the upcoming episode didn't give a shit. Fight for the one you apparently love and not give up at the first hurdle. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 8

That's why Penny fell for Leonard, Leonard has had a lot of adversities in his life. And like Johnny said he seemed the type of character, who was going to go through some romantic hurdles or whatever he said haha. Leonard's character is endering. as you root for him. Sheldon to me anyway has never come across to me as fighting for anything. HE has never come across to me, as fighting for Amy, never seen that passion from Sheldon like you see with Leonard, and Lenny.

• Like 2

That is why I was cautiously optimistic about the development, while facepalming about how inorganic and unearned it felt. Because, seriously, Leonard's behaviour over S8 and S7 gave very little indication that he was feeling guilty about anything.

So it's impossible for you to believe that Leonard kept something bottled up inside him like he did with Priya before The Irish Pub Formulation?  Also little is not the same as none, there was a potential clue in 7x02 when Penny thought Leonard came home early to spend time with her to be romantic, and Leonard's reaction was, "Yeah..... that's why I did it."  Hmmm, maybe there was something behind those words that we didn't know about at the time?

And, before someone asks me how I KNOW FOR CERTAIN etc. etc.- I don't. I am just going by the writers' frequently cavalier attitude to continuity

In other words, your going with truthiness.

..................And nope. Leonard's issues are brought up, addressed, resolved and buried under the mattress in the space of one. Freaking. Episode.

What makes you believe these issues were resolved completely, and will never be issues for him or Penny in the future? As opposed to putting a lid on the issue that brought this up at that moment in time, and to move forward with more self-awareness.

If you are going to steer your characters into such heavy territory, do it properly. Why bring up something so major, shake your heads about it so portentously- and then back out of the room apologising profusely? You may as well not have bothered. In fact, you really SHOULDN'T have bothered.

Maybe you and some fans are blowing what happened out of proportion in terms of how heavy it was?  Notice how Raj and Amy weren't throwing Leonard under the bus when they learned about what he did?  Hell Amy even lampshades this in how "ANYONE can make a mistake in a moment of weakness" in regards to what happened.  Hell even Penny admitted in the middle of 9x02 that maybe she was blowing what happened out of proportion.

Penny hasn't expressed a lingering sense of outrage about the loyalties of the group, as well she might?

Why would she at this point in time?  Nobody has betrayed anyone beyond forgiveness or anything like that.

Why does Penny care? Besides the fact that both Amy and Sheldon are her close friends? Well because she loves gossip and loves to put her two cents in whenever she can. Always has. She "went down the rabbit hole" in one episode and pressed Sheldon for his take on his relationship with Amy and when Sheldon revealed coitus wasn't off the table she got so excited she about broke Leonard's arm with all the slapping she did...

Yes but she NEVER told Amy about the conversation that the 3 of them had regarding coitus with Amy.  So Penny has shown that she IS capable of keeping things like this a secret.

Edited by meka3000

Yes but she NEVER told Amy about the conversation that the 3 of them had regarding coitus with Amy.  So Penny has shown that she IS capable of keeping things like this a secret.

true, we never saw that, but then I don't expect the writers to address every minutia in the show. for me, that "rabbit hole" scene was about Penny's interest in the relationship going further than she thought it could, not about whether she shares his comment with Amy over a glass of wine later...besides, Amy has already heard something similar from Sheldon himself during the D&D episode when he joined her in his room. Amy asked if he now had an interest in being intimate with her and his reply was he had not ruled it out ("wow, talk dirty to me" lol)....so it's a convo that could've happened off camera, but wasn't made a big deal by Amy since it's just talk she had heard before...

all im saying is that it is in Penny's nature to be a gossip, meddler, etc and that she has a strong interest in Shamy. IMO all that adds up to a different Penny than we see now, and I just don't buy the silence on the subject now that a proposal is known to her, and Sheldon's depression is clearly evident as well. That's not to say the writers won't do whatever they want to do, it is after all THEIR story to tell not mine...

• Like 2

I think that is a little harsh towards Penny, I mean the way you're characterizing her. However what I do believe is that she is being written OOC because she's the biggest gossip and she most likely would have said something about the documentary, but... no such luck.

We already know what's going to happen next and while I'll watch Sheldon's date, Amy's adventures, and the Aquarium Shamy afternoon with varying degrees of interest, for me the straw that broke the camel's back is Amy asking to be Sheldon's girlfriend after just one afternoon. For me, and I emphasize the "for me" part, meaning strictly IMO, that makes the whole breakup a mere writing exercise since they haven't talked about any of the problems or issues that led to the break up. I have always questioned the timing of the split even if I supported it up until now and considered it IC, but it's been so long that TBH I've lost interest, and I'm going through I really don't care what happens to them phase. I'm sure it'll pass because I like the characters, but I'm also resenting the fact that TBBT has become too relationship centric for my taste, and Shamy's split is "coloring" the whole season. I'd much rather the show move one as it seems to be stuck to a certain extent. As I've mentioned more than once this is all just my opinion, and I don't want to offend anybody, but at the same time I obviously wanted to say what I thought 

I appreciate your opinion, and you are correct, that perhaps I am being harsh on Penny.   

I just struggle with someone standing back, watching one friend fall apart, seeing the cause for the breakdown, and then in the next episode be helping the cause of that breakdown drive the knife deeper.    It seems she's playing both sides of the fence instead of being a neutral party between both friends.    

Penny has been Sheldon's friend a lot longer than she has Amy's.   She knows Sheldon's intentions toward Amy.   However, to me it seems she is more intent on getting Amy to experience dating life (laid), rather than trying to encourage her to go talk to Sheldon to clear the air.    This is what bothers me, and perhaps that piece is missing from the sneak peeks and will be shown once the entire episode airs.    Why does she encourage Amy to display something other than her brains to get to 2nd base and then decide to spy on the date?  

I'm not saying I dislike Penny.   I don't understand her behavior.   However, I do get why Amy asked Sheldon if she can be his girlfriend again.   She's dated and has been left wanting, apparently.    It seemed she was ready to accept Sheldon's Skype call.   She's apparently missed him.   Spending time with him reminded her of their happy times together.   He's showed signs of consideration and change.  She had just spent the evening with her mother.   She probably jumped the gun because she was overwhelmed by emotion from the day's events, in that she probably had not had that much fun since she and Sheldon broke up and she wanted the relationship back.

However, I do agree that we still need her POV and a major discussion between her and Sheldon.  I don't like that any of that is missing.

I am also missing the group ensembles and kind of wish the relationship stuff were in the background, but at the same time, our favorite nerds are growing up and are in relationships now.  With that comes adult issues that cannot be resolved by science, comic books, super heroes, and/or experiments.   It does seem the focus has switched from the work, fun, and games in the laboratory to  navigating domesticity.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 2

Man, can everyone lay off the stressing of "it's my opinion"? When did everyone get so sensitive about people disagreeing with each other? How is disagreeing offending someone? It's a discussion forum. Of course if you write it, it's your opinion. Who else's opinion would it be? Did someone hack your account? And this is the Shipping Lane thread. I thought it was set up for the debate to keep the ship threads supportive. Sometimes I feel I'm on yard duty with the little kids at school here. I have an opinion. You have opinion. We may or may not agree. That's life. I think Lenny are in a great place, Shamy are going to come out of this stronger when it eventually is written to end, it's got nothing to do with Penny talking about sex with Sheldon and am fine with Sheldon being numero uno. Feel free to disagree. I can handle it. ( not my usual calm self but hey everyone needs to blow off steam. I'm over apologist accusations and people worrying about being told what to think. No one telling anyone anything. It's an opinion ) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I would watch the sneak peak again. To me it looks like Penny wants so do something( not sure what ) and Sheldon shuts her down. Look at the frustrated look on Penny;s face when Sheldon yells at her.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/video/19AEC880-65ED-3AAD-B4E5-D97C84912D0A/the-big-bang-theory-hidden-engagement-ring/ 

Thank you.   This was pointed out to me by another forum member earlier because I missed it, and I agree now that it seems she was trying to encourage Sheldon to go talk to Amy.

9 hours ago, jenafan said:

I appreciate your opinion, and you are correct, that perhaps I am being harsh on Penny.   

I just struggle with someone standing back, watching one friend fall apart, seeing the cause for the breakdown, and then in the next episode be helping the cause of that breakdown drive the knife deeper.    It seems she's playing both sides of the fence instead of being a neutral party between both friends.    

Penny has been Sheldon's friend a lot longer than she has Amy's.   She knows Sheldon's intentions toward Amy.   However, to me it seems she is more intent on getting Amy to experience dating life (laid), rather than trying to encourage her to go talk to Sheldon to clear the air.    This is what bothers me, and perhaps that piece is missing from the sneak peeks and will be shown once the entire episode airs.    Why does she encourage Amy to display something other than her brains to get to 2nd base and then decide to spy on the date?  

I'm not saying I dislike Penny.   I don't understand her behavior.   However, I do get why Amy asked Sheldon if she can be his girlfriend again.   She's dated and has been left wanting, apparently.    It seemed she was ready to accept Sheldon's Skype call.   She's apparently missed him.   Spending time with him reminded her of their happy times together.   He's showed signs of consideration and change.  She had just spent the evening with her mother.   She probably jumped the gun because she was overwhelmed by emotion from the day's events, in that she probably had not had that much fun since she and Sheldon broke up and she wanted the relationship back.

However, I do agree that we still need her POV and a major discussion between her and Sheldon.  I don't like that any of that is missing.

I am also missing the group ensembles and kind of wish the relationship stuff were in the background, but at the same time, our favorite nerds are growing up and are in relationships now.  With that comes adult issues that cannot be resolved by science, comic books, super heroes, and/or experiments.   It does seem the focus has switched from the work, fun, and games in the laboratory to  navigating domesticity.

I'm not sure Penny's quite as invested in the Shamy as is usually presumed; I really don't see Penny's world shattering if it ends for good. She likes Sheldon, obviously, but that doesn't automatically translate into thinking he's a good boyfriend for Amy. She told Amy to follow her heart, right? Maybe she wants Amy to get out there a little and have experiences. Penny's not a one-man-for-life kind of woman herself (and there's nothing wrong with that) and Amy has, for seasons now, displayed needs Sheldon didn't seem eager to fulfill and she's started dating without Penny's prompting. I find it natural an extrovert like Penny would encourage Amy to get out there - even if it's just so she'll eventually realise it was Sheldon she wanted all along. (And I do think Penny could have gossiped more, but then again... I mean, the show's writing has never really been consistent on the finer points of characterisation.) Sure, Sheldon is having troubles, but, well, break-ups just suck, especially if it's your first and after such a long relationship. I'm confident that Sheldon would have eventually gotten over it, like most people do.

I do agree with your explanation of her Aquarium POV, though, that makes sense to me.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Man, can everyone lay off the stressing of "it's my opinion"? When did everyone get so sensitive about people disagreeing with each other? How is disagreeing offending someone? It's a discussion forum. Of course if you write it, it's your opinion. Who else's opinion would it be? Did someone hack your account? And this is the Shipping Lane thread. I thought it was set up for the debate to keep the ship threads supportive. Sometimes I feel I'm on yard duty with the little kids at school here. I have an opinion. You have opinion. We may or may not agree. That's life. I think Lenny are in a great place, Shamy are going to come out of this stronger when it eventually is written to end, it's got nothing to do with Penny talking about sex with Sheldon and am fine with Sheldon being numero uno. Feel free to disagree. I can handle it. ( not my usual calm self but hey everyone needs to blow off steam. I'm over apologist accusations and people worrying about being told what to think. No one telling anyone anything. It's an opinion ) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason I put IMO now which I didn't use to before, is because there are a whole bunch of over-sensitive posters who get all bent out of shape when someone posts something that disagrees with what they think, and go running to Tensor, and I've had many posts deleted because I was being perceived as rude. As it stands, the fact that what we're giving are opinions should be obvious to anyone who "travels" these pages, but as Oscar Wilde said "common sense is not that common".  I hate feeling as if I have to walk on egg shells, but you have no idea how frustrating it is to see a post removed. I'm not saying that Tensor doesn't have his reasons. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to find the balance between expressing my opinions as I feel them and not being unnecessarily rude to someone. That being said I am nice to some specific people because I genuinely like them, and of course it would be ridiculous to treat everybody the same.

I would like to see a little bit less relationship stuff but I guess until Shamy's conundrum is solved I don't see much else being the main story of an episode.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 5

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic