[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

I think that the writers didn't want to have any serious development regarding Lenny this season because they had been saving the wedding for the 200th episode, or even the series finale. Of course there were still ways to write them as a funny/interesting couple. I don't think that Lenny had been as diminished this season as most of shippers think but they could have been written better with more intimacy between them shown. I didn't mind Sheldon being involved because he would rarely (in this season) actually interrupt them but show up once their scenes were obviously over. It would have been better if they showed more moments between them before him showing up or simply the scene cutting to the next one.

I agree that it is more polite to explain your reasoning as to not liking the ones post than just clicking the like button to the post written as a form of disagreement with that statement, write I agree/disagree if anything. 

I also agree that sex is a main part that makes a difference between Penny's relationship with Leonard and the one she has with Sheldon, Bernadtte etc. But again the level of emotional understanding between Leonard and Penny and Penny and her friends differ, comparing to Leonard and Penny's relationship and the friendships themselves.

Edited by Mislav
  • Like 2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

I think that the writers didn't want to have any serious development regarding Lenny this season because they had been saving the wedding for the 200th episode, or even the series finale.

Penny and Leonard wedding in the 200th episode is the great idea but in the series finale is one of my nightmares. I just would like to see them as a married couple, to hear as Penny says “My name is Penny Hofstadter” – for example.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Edited by Norman
  • Like 2

I think that the writers didn't want to have any serious development regarding Lenny this season because they had been saving the wedding for the 200th episode, or even the series finale. Of course there were still ways to write them as a funny/interesting couple. I don't think that Lenny had been as diminished this season as most of shippers think but they could have been written better with more intimacy between them shown. I didn't mind Sheldon being involved because he would rarely (in this season) actually interrupt them but show up once their scenes were obviously over. It would have been better if they showed more moments between them before him showing up or simply the scene cutting to the next one.

I agree that it is more polite to explain your reasoning as to not liking the ones post than just clicking the like button to the post written as a form of disagreement with that statement, write I agree/disagree if anything. 

I also agree that sex is a main part that makes a difference between Penny's relationship with Leonard and the one she has with Sheldon, Bernadtte etc. But again the level of emotional understanding between Leonard and Penny and Penny and her friends differ, comparing to Leonard and Penny's relationship and the friendships themselves.

Agree with a lot of what you said, especially the intimacy and giving them more time together. I wasn't as critical of season 8 Lenny as most Lennies were, though.

Yes, sex IS a big part of their relationship but I think they have downplayed the friendship part that was central to building the original non boyfriend/girlfriend Lenny relationship. I don't agree with complaints about Shenny friendship being out of line. I like the Shenny conversations and they've been having them since the show began. The conversations have changed in tone over the years but that's fine too because they have both grown up a bit. But Leonard was always interested in more than sex with Penny and Penny liked Leonard for who he was well before their first sexual encounter. They had some great conversations and supported each other in many ways. I think that doesn't happen as much anymore.

If the goal of the writers was episode 200 for wedding then they didn't need to pull the trigger on the engagement so early then and leave them in limbo for so long then. Season 8 could have been them continuing to work out their differences and feelings and ended with the engagement which then could have fast tracked wedding planning leading up to episode 200 in season 9. That could have avoided the angsty OOC cliff hanger kiss fiasco they're using to stretch the whole Lenny thing out with. I wouldn't have minded them dredging that BS up mid season 8 and seeing them resolve it in following episodes. It's the 4-5 months of wondering what's going to eventuate that is the pain for me.

I don't get the controversy over the like button. I like lots of posts simply because I like what someone said or how they said it. I never see it as an attack on the person's post they're commenting on. And I'm not going to write I agree/disagree to every post I read. I ain't got time to reply to them all. I don't even agree with some of the posts I like. I just like how they've expressed their disagreement with me. Getting upset over someone liking posts that disagree with you is storm in a teacup stuff. But that's me. I don't need to be thanked every time I do my job. Yet many of my colleagues think they do and moan when they're not. We're all different in this world.

• Like 6

Itwasdestined: I agree with your post ,and "liked" it. When I do such a thing is because I mostly agree with what the poster is saying. If the part I disagree with is too important to ignore, I will simply not hit the "like" button, or if I have time might choose to address the post with an answer, but it doesn't happen with every post. Some posts I like, some posts I "like" and some posts I hate. The Like button is there for a reason and I would never accuse anybody for hitting it or not as the case might be. Some people read more into simple actions than what they actually mean, but such is life. We are all free to agree or disagree in whichever way we choose, as long as we respect each other, wouldn't you say?

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

Here's an idea for the 200th episode.

Penny and Leonard get married and, the following morning , we find that Sheldon and Amy have slept together.

A double whammy, or even a "Wham Bammy", if you prefer. :icon_cheesygrin:

Why is there always a need to take away from a special Lenny moment?

• Like 7

Here's an idea for the 200th episode.

Penny and Leonard get married and, the following morning , we find that Sheldon and Amy have slept together.

A double whammy, or even a "Wham Bammy", if you prefer. :icon_cheesygrin: 

No.  Just...no.  As a Shamy shipper, I don't want them to have to share a special moment with someone else's special moment.  Especially when we only get 19-22 minutes.  Let Lenny have their special wedding where the entire episode focuses on that and nothing else.

Then at another time, before or after, I don't care, have Shamy coitus being the A plot with a minor filler B plot that gets very little screen time.

• Like 6

I'm not looking to take anything away from it.

I'm looking to add something to it.

As the biggest Shamy shipper of the gang, I think Penny would be blown away, to know that the Shamy had finally bumped ugglies.

The show should be off the air if they need to add Shamy coitus to Lennys wedding.

• Like 3

As the biggest Shamy shipper of the gang, I think Penny would be blown away, to know that the Shamy had finally bumped ugglies. 

As she will be on her honeymoon the absolute last thing on Penny's mind will be anyone's coitus but her and her husband's. Sheesh! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

As she will be on her honeymoon the absolute last thing on Penny's mind will be anyone's coitus but her and her husband's. Sheesh! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And people complain about me ripping on Shamy.

• Like 3

Agreed, keep the Lenny wedding and Shamy coitus as two separate episodes. They're such significant milestones in the show so plonking them together in the one episode will mean that one will inevitably overshadow the other (I'm not saying which...it could be either). 

I think it would be unfair to detract from such a special moment for both couples by having them in the same episode. 

• Like 3

And you would be totally wrong because the only person that can almost see nothing else but Shamy is you. The fact that Shamy may have coitus in the same episode as Lenny wedding takes away from it. And if we're watching a Lenny wedding, who the hell cares about Shamy coitus? Also when the time comes for Shamy to have coitus nobody's going to be paying attention to any other mayor thing. So, your theory that it would add something doesn't work. It would actually detract from both events, having to share it's importance. not to mention that in the great scheme of things a Lenny wedding is much more important than Shamy coitus. Finally, if Penny is getting married to Leonard, I don't think she would give a rat's ass about the fact that Sheldon and Amy might or might not have sex.

• Like 5

I also agree with many of you...if the 200th episode will be a turning point for the story (as the 100th was),  it needs to be either Lenny or Shamy, but not both! One of the things I didn't like about the finale was just that there were two A plots and two B plots (I don't want here to discuss about the "quality" of those plots...), everything was confusing and rushed and nothing had enough time to breath and shine. I can buy that writing choice just because it was the finale and the writers needed to hook the audience with as many teasers as they can for the next season. Anyway, doing this trick in an "ordinary" episode in the middle of the season will be a bad bad decision, in my opinion, it would spoil everything. 

It would be nice if the 200th episode will be about Lenny wedding, they really deserve a big event  after this season, but  if that was writers intention from the beginning, I think the engagement in Season 7 was a big mistake, it would have made much more sense that they got engaged in late season 8 (and maybe this would have "saved" the season for Lenny shippers...) 

Chrismo, I think that the main difference is that out of the people who suggested that, none cherry picks (as opposed to your attitude towards Shamy), none uses every opportunity to make Lenny ship somehow look bad (as opposed to your attitude towards Shamy), neither has anyone suggested or tried diminishing some of their previous special moments such as ILY (as opposed to some of your posts).

But if you want to continue taking every comment that is not all LENNY LENNY LENNY as an attack on your ship, go ahead. At least I get a good laugh out of it. 

And you would be totally wrong because the only person that can almost see nothing else but Shamy is you. The fact that Shamy may have coitus in the same episode as Lenny wedding takes away from it. And if we're watching a Lenny wedding, who the hell cares about Shamy coitus? Also when the time comes for Shamy to have coitus nobody's going to be paying attention to any other mayor thing. So, your theory that it would add something doesn't work. It would actually detract from both events, having to share it's importance. not to mention that in the great scheme of things a Lenny wedding is much more important than Shamy coitus. Finally, if Penny is getting married to Leonard, I don't think she would give a rat's ass about the fact that Sheldon and Amy might or might not have sex.

That way I can also say that you can see nothing but Lenny but whatever...

Edited by Mislav

Chrismo, I think that the main difference is that out of the people who suggested that, none cherry picks (as opposed to your attitude towards Shamy), none uses every opportunity to make Lenny ship somehow look bad (as opposed to your attitude towards Shamy), neither has anyone suggested or tried diminishing some of their previous special moments such as ILY (as opposed to some of your posts).

But if you want to continue taking every comment that is not all LENNY LENNY LENNY as an attack on your ship, go ahead. At least I get a good laugh out of it.

Can't criticize Shamy fans only Lenny fans? What Stephen Hawking posted speaks for itself and it seems fellow Shamy fans are embarrassed by that.

• Like 2

Can't criticize Shamy fans only Lenny fans? What Stephen Hawking posted speaks for itself and it seems fellow Shamy fans are embarrassed by that.

I also agree with many of you...if the 200th episode will be a turning point for the story (as the 100th was),  it needs to be either Lenny or Shamy, but not both! One of the things I didn't like about the finale was just that there were two A plots and two B plots (I don't want here to discuss about the "quality" of those plots...), everything was confusing and rushed and nothing had enough time to breath and shine. I can buy that writing choice just because it was the finale and the writers needed to hook the audience with as many teasers as they can for the next season. Anyway, doing this trick in an "ordinary" episode in the middle of the season will be a bad bad decision, in my opinion, it would spoil everything. 

It would be nice if the 200th episode will be about Lenny wedding, they really deserve a big event  after this season, but  if that was writers intention from the beginning, I think the engagement in Season 7 was a big mistake, it would have made much more sense that they got engaged in late season 8 (and maybe this would have "saved" the season for Lenny shippers...) 

LOL Chrismo you answer your own questions but are too biased to see it. 

First of all, the same thing you accused me of can be applied to you: you only criticize Shamy shippers, after all.

Second, Stephen suggested adding Shamy coitus in an episode featuring Lenny wedding in a way that does not take way from Lenny. 

And what fellow Shamy fans? Who is embarrassed? Did you take a marijuana?

Edited by Mislav

Ok, what the hell was that???  Way too many quotes in one making it look too weird....

Tripper....is this another bug that can be fixed or do we need to just not quote so many things in one post?  I couldn't even read that!!

• Like 1

Ok, what the hell was that???  Way too many quotes in one making it look too weird....

Tripper....is this another bug that can be fixed or do we need to just not quote so many things in one post?  I couldn't even read that!!

just as well you couldn't read it. The poster apparently thought a Lenny wedding and Shamy coitus isn't a big deal. Thought it was okay to shove both into one episode. Apparently thought Shamy and Lenny fans would be okay with that.

• Like 1

just as well you couldn't read it. The poster apparently thought a Lenny wedding and Shamy coitus isn't a big deal. Thought it was okay to shove both into one episode. Apparently thought Shamy and Lenny fans would be okay with that.

Well this Shamy fan wouldn't be okay with it and uh, duh!  Sex for the very first time (especially when it's the very first time for BOTH parties) is an EXTREMELY big deal and so is a Wedding!!  

• Like 3

There is basically two extra quotes in there.  I'm trying to fix it, but am having trouble.  It used to be I could shut off the WYSIWYG and it was easy to edit.  That option is not longer available, so I'm trying to figure it out.  

• Like 1

I think Stephen came off as thinking that it would be possible to Include both events in an episode without any ship being neglected. And that was my point too. If you disagree, please explain why.

You just want something to complain about, and can't seem to grasp that they can have special-and very special-moments without it being all about them. Especially if the wedding is to take place in 200th episode. Leonard and Penny won't be the only one to be on the show from the beginning up to that episode.

Is your faith in Lenny really that faint?

Edited by Mislav

Mislav, no one thinks that the entire episode would be only about them.  But trying to shoehorn two big moments into one episode takes away from both of them, it doesn't add anything to either of the moments.  If they have a Lenny Wedding, have the wedding, don't try to force Shamy coitus or an engagement into that episode.  Something like that for Shamy deserves their own main plot.  

• Like 4

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic