[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

11 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Sorry all the hostilities are coming you shamy fans who keep going on about Sheldon kicking Leonard out so Amy can move in. I'm just pointing out the facts.

No, it's coming from you because you can't wrap your head around the idea that Shamy fans like me would want Lenny to be happy. The two of them are married and expressed their wish to live together in 4B. I never really wanted to have them stay in 4A to babysit Sheldon. (I can understand the necessity from a writing/production point of view but that doesn't mean that I like it.) Just let them enjoy their marriage!

Also, as far as I can see you're the only one talking about "kicking Leonard out". Go back and quote the person who actually said that Sheldon should "kick" him out. Go on, I'll wait.

11 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

All those things you mentioned about Sheldon doing is no prove that he is subletting to Leonard that will be illegal without the owner knowledge if you are going with contract stuff. Sheldon is just being Sheldon and thinks he owns the apartment. He doesn't. For your info. They have never shown Leonard signing any legal documents. Just roommate agreements. Because all that staff is done by the owners. He might be interviewing potential roommates but they still have to be approved by the owners and sign a legal contract them. Not Sheldon.

I'm not saying that Sheldon is doing all of these without the approval of the landlord. And I also never said that this is solid proof - but it's an implication which was what you were asking for in your earlier post.

• Like 5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: Sorry all the hostilities are coming you shamy fans who keep going on about Sheldon kicking Leonard out so Amy can move in. I'm just pointing out the facts.

No, it's coming from you because you can't wrap your head around the idea that Shamy fans like me would want Lenny to be happy. The two of them are married and expressed their wish to live together in 4B. I never really wanted to have them stay in 4A to babysit Sheldon. (I can understand the necessity from a writing/production point of view but that doesn't mean that I like it.) Just let them enjoy their marriage!

Also, as far as I can see you're the only one talking about "kicking Leonard out". Go back and quote the person who actually said that Sheldon should "kick" him out. Go on, I'll wait.

11 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: All those things you mentioned about Sheldon doing is no prove that he is subletting to Leonard that will be illegal without the owner knowledge if you are going with contract stuff. Sheldon is just being Sheldon and thinks he owns the apartment. He doesn't. For your info. They have never shown Leonard signing any legal documents. Just roommate agreements. Because all that staff is done by the owners. He might be interviewing potential roommates but they still have to be approved by the owners and sign a legal contract them. Not Sheldon.

I'm not saying that Sheldon is doing all of these without the approval of the landlord. And I also never said that this is solid proof - but it's an implication which was what you were asking for in your earlier post.

I don't need to quote anyone. Oh sorry. The shamy thread. Maybe not the right word kicking out. But it is implied that Leonard should move out because sheldon lived there first. I don't need your nasty comments I have said my piece and and that's it. If you don't like it. tough. Don't really give a ratass

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I don't need to quote anyone. Oh sorry. The shamy thread. Maybe not the right word kicking out. But it is implied that Leonard should move out because sheldon lived there first. I don't need your nasty comments I have said my piece and and that's it. If you don't like it. tough. Don't really give a ratass

Honestly, I fear you're really misreading what this is all about. Leonard should move out because he wants to move out. It's as simple as that.

I would apologise if my comment was indeed "nasty" but I have no idea what part that would even refer to. I don't mean anyone any harm. Really. I'm not here to have a fight or attack anyone.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, April said:

Leonard should move out because he wants to move out. It's as simple as that.

The show has never been written like that and any fan of the show should know that. Leonard will move out when Sheldon allows it. It's as simple as that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The show has never been written like that and any fan of the show should know that. Leonard will move out when Sheldon allows it. It's as simple as that.

But it's canon that Lenny want to live in 4b together.  They've said it several times, and the only reason they aren't is that, imo, Sheldon guiltled them out of it.  Given that, even if Sheldon physically  literally kicks Leonard out, that's  a positive outcome for Lenny.  And it's great for viewers too.  Now they can tell new stories for Lenny that aren't just them standing in the kitchen looking concerned or exasperated about Sheldon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boonaroma said:

But it's canon that Lenny want to live in 4b together.  They've said it several times, and the only reason they aren't is that, imo, Sheldon guiltled them out of it.  Given that, even if Sheldon physically  literally kicks Leonard out, that's  a positive outcome for Lenny.  And it's great for viewers too.  Now they can tell new stories for Lenny that aren't just them standing in the kitchen looking concerned or exasperated about Sheldon.

I don't disagree with that but it would be nice for Lenny fans for them to move out even if Sheldon doesn't want them to. It's tiring to watch when everything is based on what Sheldon wants.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: I don't need to quote anyone. Oh sorry. The shamy thread. Maybe not the right word kicking out. But it is implied that Leonard should move out because sheldon lived there first. I don't need your nasty comments I have said my piece and and that's it. If you don't like it. tough. Don't really give a ratass

Honestly, I fear you're really misreading what this is all about. Leonard should move out because he wants to move out. It's as simple as that.

I would apologise if my comment was indeed "nasty" but I have no idea what part that would even refer to. I don't mean anyone any harm. Really. I'm not here to have a fight or attack anyone.

I think you are the one miss reading my post. I want leonard out of 4A. How many times have I said this. But its not going to happen. Do you think I enjoy lenny for the last few episodes just hanging out in the kitchen area doing nothing. While sheldon does what he does.That's all they seem to do now. Those times could be spend in 4B. That seem to be Lenny spot this season. And you saying it's all in my head and the conversation about Sheldon has more rights than Leonard in the living arrangements is just me not wanting lenny to be happy is just rude. The only reason lenny are still there is because of Sheldon manipulation. Seriously if lenny had said see yeah when he reverted to 2003. They is no way he would have kept that up. He is used to all the technology now and that will be a massive change and we all know he doesn't like change. You would think after all these years lenny would see through him. But no the writers wouldn't let them. The Friendship is a one way street. If he was a good friend he would put his feeling aside and let his friends be happy and wish them happiness in 4B but his selfishness and using his friends is the norm just like he ruined lenny wedding for everyone. Yeah. Best friends 4 life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think you are the one miss reading my post. I want leonard out of 4A. How many times have I said this. But its not going to happen. Do you think I enjoy lenny for the last few episodes just hanging out in the kitchen area doing nothing. While sheldon does what he does.That's all they seem to do now. Those times could be spend in 4B. That seem to be Lenny spot this season. And you saying it's all in my head and the conversation about Sheldon has more rights than Leonard in the living arrangements is just me not wanting lenny to be happy is just rude. The only reason lenny are still there is because of Sheldon manipulation. Seriously if lenny had said see yeah when he reverted to 2003. They is no way he would have kept that up. He is used to all the technology now and that will be a massive change and we all know he doesn't like change. You would think after all these years lenny would see through him. But no the writers wouldn't let them. The Friendship is a one way street. If he was a good friend he would put his feeling aside and let his friends be happy and wish them happiness in 4B but his selfishness and using his friends is the norm just like he ruined lenny wedding for everyone. Yeah. Best friends 4 life.

Honestly, do you not realise how much we are in agreement? I've said much of the same things all along at various points in this thread. My comments are not a hostile attack on Lenny, or a justification for Sheldon, or whatever you seem to see in them.

But the situation is what it is. The writers have chosen to keep Lenny in 4A voluntarily for the time being. My main point however was about the future - not the past. Right now, with the direction the show is taking, I see Lenny moving into 4B relatively soon - be it because they think Sheldon can finally take care of himself or because Amy moves in. Either way Lenny should be happily living in 4B and my personal opinion is that this will happen sooner rather than later. The 200th episode isn't too far away if they want to make a bit deal out of this that would be the perfect occasion.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, April said:

The 200th episode isn't too far away if they want to make a bit deal out of this that would be the perfect occasion.

Personally, I think the 200th will feature the engagement.

That'll leave them eight episodes, in which to prepare for the wedding.

4 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I'm sorry what is a termination agreement. Did I missed an episode where Sheldon bought the apartment? Isn't that just terminating the roommate agreement which is not a tenancy or legal document.

People act like sheldon own the apartment. Let's be real Sheldon cannot kick out Leonard even if he wanted to nor can Leonard kick out Sheldon. Any kicking out can only be done by the owners of the apartment block. Both Sheldon and Leonard would have had to sign a tenancy agreement with them having the same rights. Doesn't matter who moved in first. In TBBT world Sheldon veto who moves in. Surely it's up to the owners who moves in not Sheldon or leonard. They can recommend someone but the final say will always be with the owners as in the real world they will be handling the recruitment.

In The staircase implementation we see Leonard signing a roommate agreement not a tenancy. So to me that is handled by the owners and not Sheldon.

Not sure how it wirks there but in the U.S. Whoever signed the lease is the legal  tenant they can let whoever they like move in or out but it is their apt roommates do not have to be added to the lease

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Personally, I think the 200th will feature the engagement.

That'll leave them eight episodes, in which to prepare for the wedding.

If they have to have the engagement soon, I'd rather pick a valentine's episode (which should be a few weeks before the 200th) and leave the 200th for the new living arrangements with a focus on Lenny finally moving in together.

4 hours ago, Tonstar17 said: I'm sorry what is a termination agreement. Did I missed an episode where Sheldon bought the apartment? Isn't that just terminating the roommate agreement which is not a tenancy or legal document.

People act like sheldon own the apartment. Let's be real Sheldon cannot kick out Leonard even if he wanted to nor can Leonard kick out Sheldon. Any kicking out can only be done by the owners of the apartment block. Both Sheldon and Leonard would have had to sign a tenancy agreement with them having the same rights. Doesn't matter who moved in first. In TBBT world Sheldon veto who moves in. Surely it's up to the owners who moves in not Sheldon or leonard. They can recommend someone but the final say will always be with the owners as in the real world they will be handling the recruitment.

In The staircase implementation we see Leonard signing a roommate agreement not a tenancy. So to me that is handled by the owners and not Sheldon.

Not sure how it wirks there but in the U.S. Whoever signed the lease is the legal  tenant they can let whoever they like move in or out but it is their apt roommates do not have to be added to the lease

Okay. Didn't know that. Guess it's different in the UK. So basically the roommate has no legal rights. That's a bit unfair.

10 minutes ago, April said:

If they have to have the engagement soon, I'd rather pick a valentine's episode (which should be a few weeks before the 200th) and leave the 200th for the new living arrangements with a focus on Lenny finally moving in together.

I thought that we worked out that the 200th would be around Valentines day?

I checked the air dates thread but it doesn't go that far yet :icon_neutral:

10 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Okay. Didn't know that. Guess it's different in the UK. So basically the roommate has no legal rights. That's a bit unfair.

Not really its no diffrent the letting someone stay in your house legally speaking. If you own your house and rent out a bedroom it dosent give the roommate legal rights to your house

Edited by JE7

It all comes down to whether a roommate is a co-tenant or a sub-tenant to the original tenant.

A co-tenant's name is on the lease and they must go through the same approval process as the original tenant did (credit check, background check, etc.) The original tenant has no power to evict a co-tenant, only the landlord can do so.

A sub-tenant's name is not on the lease, but must be approved by the landlord before moving in.  The original tenant does have the power to evict the sub-tenant.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/renters-rights-book/chapter6-4.html

• Like 3

Not really its no diffrent the letting someone stay in your house legally speaking. If you own your house and rent out a bedroom it dosent give the roommate legal rights to your house

But surely that is different from rented accommodation and the owner has to be informed for legal and insurance reasons.

2 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I thought that we worked out that the 200th would be around Valentines day?

I checked the air dates thread but it doesn't go that far yet :icon_neutral:

I think we don't know for sure, yet. But we know that the 200th is the 17th episode of the season. When I look at the past seasons that episode aired mostly at the end of Feb or the beginning of March. So if you want to do something Valentine's themed that could be 1 or 2 episodes earlier at the beginning of Feb. For example, "The Locomotive Manipulation" was the 15th episode and aired Feb, 6th, "The Tangible Affection Proof" was the 16th episode and aired Feb 14th. So they'd be close but not necessarily the same.

I mean, it's just speculation so who knows?!?

• Like 1

But surely that is different from rented accommodation and the owner has to be informed for legal and insurance reasons.

The law varies some depending on the state here in ga it is up to the landlord to spell out in the original lease, some must be informed mostly corporate landlords of large complexes where the smaller one tend to put all responsibility for  and to the roomate on the lease signer

• Like 3

It all comes down to whether a roommate is a co-tenant or a sub-tenant to the original tenant.

A co-tenant's name is on the lease and they must go through the same approval process as the original tenant did (credit check, background check, etc.) The original tenant has no power to evict a co-tenant, only the landlord can do so.

A sub-tenant's name is not on the lease, but must be approved by the landlord before moving in.  The original tenant does have the power to evict the sub-tenant.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/renters-rights-book/chapter6-4.html

But we don't know if Leonard is co or sub-tenant. I'm going with co-tenant as the owners will prefer it that way as he has lived there for over ten years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

But we don't know if Leonard is co or sub-tenant. I'm going with co-tenant as the owners will prefer it that way as he has lived there for over ten years.

I have no problem with that, but it's still a moot point as Leonard has already said he wants to move into 4B with Penny, signed the paperwork and swapped his roommate key for a neighbor key. 

Stepping off this particular carousel now. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: But we don't know if Leonard is co or sub-tenant. I'm going with co-tenant as the owners will prefer it that way as he has lived there for over ten years.

I have no problem with that, but it's still a moot point as Leonard has already said he wants to move into 4B with Penny, signed the paperwork and swapped his roommate key for a neighbor key. 

Stepping off this particular carousel now. 

Sorry I think you got the wrong end of the stick. My point all along is not about Leonard staying or leaving 4A but the legality of 4A and the way some posters make it sound like Leonard has no rights.

Edit. With all that done. Why did hell after six months lenny are still living there. Makes no sense to go through all that for nothing.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic