[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

I thought this was over when I said Lenny should be in 4B? Why are you guys arguing, we agree Lenny should be in 4B lol. Theirs no argument, were on the same wave length! As for Leonard having rights. Of course he does he has lived their for over ten years, before even Penny was on the scene. They both have signed leases. So they both have legalities they can both contest too. Leonard has the right as an adult to leave anytime he wanted too, but he hasen't. Because quite simply it is more convenient. And seeing its a sitcom, it's just these little things you tolerate. In reality Leonard would of moved out in Season 3. With this girlfriend/wife living across from him. And maybe he hates change I don't know. Yes Sheldon well always be kinda the approval rating of this show lol. But he is not forcing Leonard to live their. Leonard dated Penny without Sheldon's permission, he proposed to her without Sheldon's permission, and he married her well this time Sheldon had a say, but Lenny still got married. My point is Lenny have all the power to do what they want. Live in Leonard's bedroom or not 4B, why does it really matter. They live in a free democratic society, you can do what the hell you want.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

Okay. Didn't know that. Guess it's different in the UK. So basically the roommate has no legal rights. That's a bit unfair.

Three things:  First many landlords will not let you have a roommate unless they are on the lease as a responsible party.  If you sign a lease, everyone over the age of 18 has to be on the lease.  Second there are laws that protect a person who is a roommate.  It might be depending on the state here in the US, but in order to remove a person who has set up legal domicile, you have to go through an eviction process regardless.  Lastly the roommate agreement is not a legal document most importantly because one cannot notarize a document that they have a stake in.

I know that a TV show suspends a lot of reality for the movement of the storyline but that doesn't mean they are right.  I'm no lawyer but have found this out through life experiences..

• Like 4

What I don't get in this show is why do they drag stuff out. I mean seriously Lenny should of moved to 4B officially in Season 6 even. Right now they are background, because they are playing supporters to The Sheldon Show. Part of that is living arrangements. And the fact it is the core dynamic. I think they should just bite the bullet and make Leonard officially move to 4B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said: Okay. Didn't know that. Guess it's different in the UK. So basically the roommate has no legal rights. That's a bit unfair.

Three things:  First many landlords will not let you have a roommate unless they are on the lease as a responsible party.  If you sign a lease, everyone over the age of 18 has to be on the lease.  Second there are laws that protect a person who is a roommate.  It might be depending on the state here in the US, but in order to remove a person who has set up legal domicile, you have to go through an eviction process regardless.  Lastly the roommate agreement is not a legal document most importantly because one cannot notarize a document that they have a stake in.

I know that a TV show suspends a lot of reality for the movement of the storyline but that doesn't mean they are right.  I'm no lawyer but have found this out through life experiences..

Well said Kasey. As far as I'm concerned that episode was just to delay the living arrangements and Leonard moving out. Shouldn't Leonard be handing the keys to the caretaker of the building or the owners and the document he signed was not legal, (The roommate agreement) because as far as the owners as concerned Leonard is still living there until he terminates the tenancy with the right party he is still on their book. The writers know that or why would he still be living there 6 month later. All that stupid stuff he made them do has no legal stand and lenny just went along with it to fuel his ego because sheldon needs to believe he is in control.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said: Lenny have stated that they want to live in 4b together.

I don't understand why this is an argument? :icon_neutral:

Are they living in 4b?

Apparently they want to live in 4B but 6 months later still living in 4A. Season 10. Still living in 4A and hanging out in the kitchen because they as a married couple have nothing better to do.

• Like 2

The Kitchen is where it is at! In Season 2 the place for Lenny was Penny's couch. Season 9 It's Kitchen Bitches!! What What! Where you at? It's Kitchen Bitches Bitches. Because were doing it! Doing it! Doing it! In the Kitchen Bitches! Big Bang's new theme. Howardette come over and find Lenny camping on the kitchen floor. You all good? Leonard: Arggh my back LOL. These two vibrant young married folks, have nothing better to do with their time then hang out in the kitchen, this is my hood! Get the hell in 4B for the love that is all good, and you can hang out in that kitchen LOL.

pennys_fridge.jpg

Edited by 3ku11

9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Are they living in 4b?

Yes it is their apt they spend time including some nights in 4a because they choose to to help their friend

9 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Well said Kasey. As far as I'm concerned that episode was just to delay the living arrangements and Leonard moving out. Shouldn't Leonard be handing the keys to the caretaker of the building or the owners and the document he signed was not legal, (The roommate agreement) because as far as the owners as concerned Leonard is still living there until he terminates the tenancy with the right party he is still on their book. The writers know that or why would he still be living there 6 month later. All that stupid stuff he made them do has no legal stand and lenny just went along with it to fuel his ego because sheldon needs to be in control.

This hasent been about legalities at all, it is actually about. Blaming Sheldon for a plot point you don't like, the living arrangements pages of legal debate boils down to your mad about "Sheldon's ego and need for control"

What a ridiculous waste of time and space just to say "I don't want a table!"

new_00116.thumb.gif.cb8a2a4ee9314b331164118ca28630e7.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, JE7 said:

Yes it is their apt they spend time including some nights in 4a because they choose to to help their friend

This hasent been about legalities at all, it is actually about. Blaming Sheldon firba plot point you don't like, the living arrangements pages of legal debate boils down to your mad about "Sheldon's ego and need for control"

To be fair not once this season has Lenny been in 4B, maybe once from what I can recall. 95% of their scenes have been in the 4A kitchen.

The Kitchen is where it is at! In Season 2 the place for Lenny was Penny's couch. Season 9 It's Kitchen Bitches!! What What! Where you at? It's Kitchen Bitches Bitches. Because were doing it! Doing it! Doing it! In the Kitchen Bitches! Big Bang's new theme. Howardette come over and find Lenny camping on the kitchen floor. You all good? Leonard: Arggh my back LOL. These two vibrant young married folks, have nothing better to do with their time then hang out in the kitchen, this is my hood! Get the hell in 4B for the love that is all good, and you can hang out in that kitchen LOL.

pennys_fridge.jpg

Nice kitchen. : ) It's the place to be. It's all happening in the kitchen. Maybe it's part of the roommate agreement to hang out in the kitchen. The kitchen. The writers have unofficially let us know what we have been thinking for a while. It is the Sheldon show.

Just now, Tonstar17 said:

Nice kitchen. : ) It's the place to be. It's all happening in the kitchen. Maybe it's part of the roommate agreement to hang out in the kitchen. The kitchen. The writers have unofficially let us know what we have been thinking for a while this Season. It is the Sheldon show.

To be fair 4A has been the main central point of the show. But I have always preferred 4B to 4A. It reminds me of my room when I was flatting in 2010. It's Student Lifestyle feel, it is so messy lol. And I love the kitchen. If they are going to do Lenny morning or what ever scenes, I prefer they do it in 4B. So it doesn't feel like they are some extension of Sheldon. They need to start cutting the apron string. That was the whole purpose in the S7 finalie, some how two years later nothing has changed some what.

• Like 1

To be fair it has always been The Sheldon Show. I guess in first three seasons he was just someone they hat to put up with. Now he kinda takes over the show. But he became the breakout star. if he didn't Jim, maybe it woulden't so like that. I was laughing at Johnnys pic with Bob. See Bob I get two lines in this episode. Meanwhile on Jim and Mayims script

lots-pages-old-new-books-different-poses

Lordy ! Don't Lenny partially live in 4B now anyway. My main concern is really that the writers can give them something interesting as a story arc going forward; domestic bliss mixed with too nerdy=exasperation is covered by Howardette, they've thrown the maybe baby line in with them too and something vague about Engineers needed for the Mars project!  

Surely something good must be brewing for Lenny. Something we haven't thought of yet? Everyone seems to be moving forward but Lenny. 

Edited by Listgirl
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chrismo said: Are they living in 4b?

29 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:  

Well said Kasey. As far as I'm concerned that episode was just to delay the living arrangements and Leonard moving out. Shouldn't Leonard be handing the keys to the caretaker of the building or the owners and the document he signed was not legal, (The roommate agreement) because as far as the owners as concerned Leonard is still living there until he terminates the tenancy with the right party he is still on their book. The writers know that or why would he still be living there 6 month later. All that stupid stuff he made them do has no legal stand and lenny just went along with it to fuel his ego because sheldon needs to be in control.

This hasent been about legalities at all, it is actually about. Blaming Sheldon firba plot point you don't like, the living arrangements pages of legal debate boils down to your mad about "Sheldon's ego and need for control"

new_00116.thumb.gif.cb8a2a4ee9314b331164118ca28630e7.gif.2a0d7550ea8ef2ccee9d39aa45c18cb6.gif

So now you are resorting to abuse. Well played.

Just now, Listgirl said:

Lordy ! Don't Lenny partially live in 4B now anyway. My main concern is really that the writers can give them something interesting as a story arc going forward; domestic bliss mixed with too nerdy=exasperation is covered by Howardette, they've thrown the  maybe baby line in with them too and something vague about Engineers needed for the Mars project!  

Surely something good must be brewing for Lenny. Something we haven't thought of yet? Everyone seems to be moving forward but Lenny. 

To be fair Lenny were moving forward in S6, when others were halted. So maybe others are just catching up.

Just now, Listgirl said: Lordy ! Don't Lenny partially live in 4B now anyway. My main concern is really that the writers can give them something interesting as a story arc going forward; domestic bliss mixed with too nerdy=exasperation is covered by Howardette, they've thrown the  maybe baby line in with them too and something vague about Engineers needed for the Mars project!  

To be fair Lenny were moving forward in S6, when others were halted. So maybe others are just catching up.

Do you really believe that.

21 minutes ago, JE7 said:

new_00116.thumb.gif.cb8a2a4ee9314b331164118ca28630e7.gif

Okay from what I can gather with the typos...uhm yes it is about the legalities since the information that you gave to Tonstar was not entirely accurate. 

Please do not infer that you know what I am thinking, feeling or otherwise.  That is not what I believe this forum is about.  And I would also appreciate if you do not tell me that what I would like to discuss is ridiculous as you seem to want to be the moderator of what is we are allowed to discuss on this forum. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

So now you are resorting to abuse. Well played.

I call bullshit!!!  Pointing out your motives is not abuse. The post I quoted is you in your own words saying its all about sheldons ego and control.

I called the Shamys on their hostility crap yesterday andbi am calling you on your "abuse" crap now. Disagreement with your view or pointing out what you have said and IMO why you said it is not abuse its debate/discussion.

Blaming Sheldon for everything you see as wrong with the show is just as bad as excusing him for anything he dies, its two side of the same coin and bit are simply wrong

12 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Okay from what I can gather with the typos...uhm yes it is about the legalities since the information that you gave to Tonstar was not entirely accurate. 

Please do not infer that you know what I am thinking, feeling or otherwise.  That is not what I believe this forum is about.  And I would also appreciate if you do not tell me that what I would like to discuss is ridiculous as you seem to want to be the moderator of what is we are allowed to discuss on this forum. 

I wasent even talking to you so I don't see your problem

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Do you really believe that.

Well yeah it is not belief  it is fact. Season 6 was a huge season for them, and the developed a lot. So I am just saying they developed so much. Their is not much developing left to do. Hence why their is focus elsewhere.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: Do you really believe that.

Well yeah it is not belief  it is fact. Season 6 was a huge season for them, and the developed a lot. So I am just saying they developed so much. Their is not much developing left to do. Hence why their is focus elsewhere.

But that's like 3 seasons ago so now that Lenny are married their story is done. Nothing else to tell. Sad if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

But that's like 3 seasons ago so now that Lenny are married their story is done. Nothing else to tell. Sad if that's the case.

I agree they should of NEVER married them off so soon. I am of the opinion they were engaged too soon too. Should of been final episode Marrage. Because what you got is two lovely people. who are married. But the writers just don't have any ideas left for them. But because their dynamic is still popular. They chuck them in the kitchen for light comic relief. Every now and then they well pick up their marbles from Season 3. And go oh Leonard dancing like a carrot, that should be fun. But then its like Wheres Sheldon? Or Wheres Waldo? :icon_cheesygrin:.

Edited by 3ku11

7 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Well since my name was in the quote you posted, yes you were.  And I stand by my assessment...

The person i quoted had quoted you and this screwy system included it. However due to the the tone of your posts I will point out one fact to you.

In the wod of TBBT there is only one Special Snowflake and it sits on a table beside Penny's bed. You don't want your posts challenged then don't make them your opinions are no more sacred than anyone else's and they will be discussed, challenged and debated, deal with it

Edited by JE7

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic