[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I agree they should of NEVER married them off so soon. I am of the opinion they were engaged too soon too. Should of been final episode Marrage. Because what you got is two lovely people. who are married. But the writers just don't have any ideas left for them. But because their dynamic is still popular. They chuck them in the kitchen for light comic relief. Every now and then they well pick up their marbles from Season 3. And go oh Leonard dancing like a carrot, that should be fun. But then its like Wheres Sheldon? Or Wheres Waldo? :icon_cheesygrin:.

So soon?

The engagement was long enough. I think the issue was that is was largely invisible. I think we had enough will they or won't they so I don't think the engagement was too soon either.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

Just now, djsurrey said:

So soon?

The engagement was long enough. I think the issue was that is was largely invisible.

Well yeah it was nine years in the making. I meant too soon, as I thought the marrage would be the final episode.

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: But that's like 3 seasons ago so now that Lenny are married their story is done. Nothing else to tell. Sad if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I agree they should of NEVER married them off so soon. I am of the opinion they were engaged too soon too. Should of been final episode Marrage. Because what you got is two lovely people. who are married. But the writers just don't have any ideas left for them. But because their dynamic is still popular. They chuck them in the kitchen for light comic relief. Every now and then they well pick up their marbles from Season 3. And go oh Leonard dancing like a carrot, that should be fun. But then its like Wheres Sheldon? Or Wheres Waldo? :icon_cheesygrin:.

I didn't mean that they got engaged or married too soon just responding to your post. I think as a married couple there is a lot of comedy and stories to tell. But the tptb doesn't think so. The way lenny have been portrayed the last few seasons have shown they don't give a shit about lenny. It's like "really do we have to write a Lenny scene." Malaro. "Just write a quick cute moment that keep them happy for a few episodes. "Now back to Sheldon."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JE7 said:

The person i quoted had quoted you and this screwy system included it. However due to the the tone of your posts I will point out one fact to you.

In the wod of TBBT there is only one Special Snowflake and it sits on a table beside Penny's bed. You don't want your posts challenged then don't make them your opinions are no more sacred than anyone else's and they will be discussed, challenged and debated, deal with it

Actually Tonstar said "well said Kasey".  They didn't quote me so there was no screwy system. 

Secondly, I have no clue what you are saying in your second post because I never said my opinions were more sacred than anyone else's so your tone is potentially the problem. 

And I'm done with this.  Good evening....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kasey said:

Three things:  First many landlords will not let you have a roommate unless they are on the lease as a responsible party.  If you sign a lease, everyone over the age of 18 has to be on the lease.  Second there are laws that protect a person who is a roommate.  It might be depending on the state here in the US, but in order to remove a person who has set up legal domicile, you have to go through an eviction process regardless.  Lastly the roommate agreement is not a legal document most importantly because one cannot notarize a document that they have a stake in.

I know that a TV show suspends a lot of reality for the movement of the storyline but that doesn't mean they are right.  I'm no lawyer but have found this out through life experiences..

Actually,  the roommate agreement is a legal contact.   They can sue each other in civil court for breach of the contract.   If you reach a signed agreement with another party,  you can be bound to it.   Hell,  even verbal agreements can be held up in court if it is determined that both agreed to certain terms.  I don't know where this idea comes from that Sheldon's agreements have no legal standing.  And just to be clear,  Leonard has just as much right to use the agreement against Sheldon as Sheldon has to use it against him. 

As far as ownership of the apartment goes, neither of them own it.   However,  I think it has been implied over the years that Sheldon is the main tenant.  In the states there are different rules on how roommate situations are dealt with.   It has always seemed to me that Leonard was subletting from Sheldon.   That doesn't mean that he had no rights to the apartment,  but at the end of the day the financial and upkeep responsibilities as far as the property managers fall on Sheldon.  But as was mentioned, we have no definitive answer either way as to what the official situation is there. 

But I think the biggest reason why Sheldon should keep 4A is because he lived there first.   It has been his home longer and he shouldn't have to uproot himself just because Leonard went through a major life change.  If Sheldon offers to move or they discuss it and come to an agreement,  fine.   But otherwise, he should stay there,  with no guilt.  But again,  that point really is moot, as the show to this, point have made the decision that Leonard gits to 4B.

• Like 5

But Nickelette wouldn't the fact that Sheldon notarized the document which he cannot do sort of negate it?  That what my thinking was from a legal stand point.  You seem to be in the know so that is why I am asking.  Personal info only.  The show can and will do what it wants :) 

1 hour ago, Kasey said: Three things:  First many landlords will not let you have a roommate unless they are on the lease as a responsible party.  If you sign a lease, everyone over the age of 18 has to be on the lease.  Second there are laws that protect a person who is a roommate.  It might be depending on the state here in the US, but in order to remove a person who has set up legal domicile, you have to go through an eviction process regardless.  Lastly the roommate agreement is not a legal document most importantly because one cannot notarize a document that they have a stake in.

I know that a TV show suspends a lot of reality for the movement of the storyline but that doesn't mean they are right.  I'm no lawyer but have found this out through life experiences..

Actually,  the roommate agreement is a legal contact.   They can sue each other in civil court for breach of the contract.   If you reach a signed agreement with another party,  you can be bound to it.   Hell,  even verbal agreements can be held up in court if it is determined that both agreed to certain terms.  I don't know where this idea comes from that Sheldon's agreements have no legal standing.  And just to be clear,  Leonard has just as much right to use the agreement against Sheldon as Sheldon has to use it against him. 

As far as ownership of the apartment goes, neither of them own it.   However,  I think it has been implied over the years that Sheldon is the main tenant.  In the states there are different rules on how roommate situations are dealt with.   It has always seemed to me that Leonard was subletting from Sheldon.   That doesn't mean that he had no rights to the apartment,  but at the end of the day the financial and upkeep responsibilities as far as the property managers fall on Sheldon.  But as was mentioned, we have no definitive answer either way as to what the official situation is there. 

But I think the biggest reason why Sheldon should keep 4A is because he lived there first.   It has been his home longer and he shouldn't have to uproot himself just because Leonard went through a major life change.  If Sheldon offers to move or they discuss it and come to an agreement,  fine.   But otherwise, he should stay there,  with no guilt.  But again,  that point really is moot, as the show to this, point have made the decision that Leonard gits to 4B.

Really the roommate agreement will get throw out of court as we all know it favors Sheldon. It's not legal as Sheldon doesn't own the apartment. The tenancy states the way the apartment should be kept. Not the RA

Edit. Sorry there was an episode. Can't remember where it was stated that Leonard paid some of the bills. So no he is not subletting and I can't remember when tptb said he is the sole tenant. Please jog my memory.

11 minutes ago, Kasey said:

But Nickelette wouldn't the fact that Sheldon notarized the document which he cannot do sort of negate it?  That what my thinking was from a legal stand point.  You seem to be in the know so that is why I am asking.  Personal info only.  The show can and will do what it wants :) 

No.   It just means that his notary means nothing.   It wasn't needed.   Not every contractual document needs to be notarized.   

Also, for anyone who needs proof in the show of its legalities, just watch Agreement Dissection (and there is a brief mention in Herb Garden).  Priya wants to look at the agreement to make sure that Leonard's rights,  as per the agreement,  are being adhered to.   She then informs Sheldon how his clauses would be interrupted in court,  by law.  She acknowledged the documents legal standing,  but as a good lawyer would,  found ways to make it work more in her clients favor. 

ETA:  Kasey, here is a description of the purpose of notary.   Basically it is extra security or,  fraud prevention.  The lack of notary doesn't make a document or contract invalid.   Now,  if they could show that Sheldon used a notary in an attempt to defraud by producing a fake document,  that's one thing.   But that's not the case here,  or with Amy and the relationship agreement.   Anyway,  here you go. 

Notarization is the official fraud-deterrent process that assures the parties of a transaction that a document is authentic, and can be trusted. It is a three-part process, performed by a Notary Public, that includes of vetting, certifying and record-keeping. Notarizations are sometimes referred to as "notarial acts."

Above all, notarization is the assurance by a duly appointed and impartial Notary Public that a document is authentic, that its signature is genuine, and that its signer acted without duress or intimidation, and intended the terms of the document to be in full force and effect.

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

No.   It just means that his notary means nothing.   It wasn't needed.   Not every contractual document needs to be notarized.   

Also, for anyone who needs proof in the show of its legalities, just watch Agreement Dissection (and there is a brief mention in Herb Garden).  Priya wants to look at the agreement to make sure that Leonard's rights,  as per the agreement,  are being adhered to.   She then informs Sheldon how his clauses would be interrupted in court,  by law.  She acknowledged the documents legal standing,  but as a good lawyer would,  found ways to make it work more in her clients favor. 

Not sure I would take a writer's words spoken by the actress who portrayed Priya as "true".  It would not be the first time I've seen shows not get things right. 

Just sayin...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Not sure I would take a writer's words spoken by the actress who portrayed Priya as "true".  It would not be the first time I've seen shows not get things right. 

Just sayin...

While they make mistakes at times,  this show has shown great care in areas of profession to get it right.   This would be a silly thing for them to get wrong.  And I mean that to say that the laws mentioned might not be exact, but the spirit and implications behind it certainly are.  

Edited by nickelette424

1 minute ago, Kasey said:

Just sayin...

Actually the writers were challenged at Comic Con a couple of years ago by an actual lawyer who was in the audience.  She called them on having Sheldon notarize a contact he was party to...which invalidates the notarization.  They admitted to playing fast and loose with technicalities with regard to the RA.

• Like 5

Any show is its own universe and while most stick close to reality they can and do make whatever they want to be, be.

As an example in the walking dead the concept of zombies did not exist before the happening not even in fiction so if TPTB want the RA to be binding they simply write it that way and then in the TBBT universe it is. So while fun this discussion actually has no bearing on the shows choice for in universe reality

19 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Actually the writers were challenged at Comic Con a couple of years ago by an actual lawyer who was in the audience.  She called them on having Sheldon notarize a contact he was party to...which invalidates the notarization.  They admitted to playing fast and loose with technicalities with regard to the RA.

Right.  I saw that Comic con which is what I was referring to. :) 

19 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

Btw, I added an explanation of a notary to the post you quoted,  Kasey.

Thanks.  I was actually a notary in CT years back.  My husband was one in FL and was able to marry people...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Right.  I saw that Comic con which is what I was referring to. :) 

Thanks.  I was actually a notary in CT years back.  My husband was one in FL and was able to marry people...

My mom was one in GA.

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

But it just invalidates the notary and not necessarily the contract or document itself, correct?

2 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

My mom was one in GA.

But it just invalidates the notary and not necessarily the contract or document itself, correct?

Most contracts do not require notarization, so it wouldn't matter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

Does not surprise me. I think the RA is just a symbol for how persnickety Sheldon is and gives him imaginary leverage over others. Even in the show it has a clause to suspend most of it:

Sheldon: Hold on. Are you saying that you want to invoke Clause 209?

Leonard: I don’t know what that is, but if it means I can go home and sleep, then yes.

Sheldon: Think carefully here. Clause 209 suspends our friendship, and strips down the roommate agreement to its bare essentials. Our responsibilities toward each other would only be rent, utilities and a perfunctory chin jut of recognition as we pass in the hall.(Demonstrating) ‘Sup?

Leonard: Where do I sign?

Essentially Sheldon has a need for structure. He never suggests he will sue if the agreement is not adhered to.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Listgirl said:

Lordy ! Don't Lenny partially live in 4B now anyway. My main concern is really that the writers can give them something interesting as a story arc going forward; domestic bliss mixed with too nerdy=exasperation is covered by Howardette, they've thrown the maybe baby line in with them too and something vague about Engineers needed for the Mars project!  

Surely something good must be brewing for Lenny. Something we haven't thought of yet? Everyone seems to be moving forward but Lenny. 

they had zero 'arcs' last season... and I don't see it changing any time.....

30 minutes ago, vasu said:

they had zero 'arcs' last season... and I don't see it changing any time.....

I must have imagined Penny starting a new career, Leonard having an amazing break through epiphany that led to 'the paper', them being engaged and then going off to get married in the last ep?

• Like 6

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic