The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

New members come to the site, who haven't voted in it before.  Older members may not have seen it when it was new, along with various other reasons.   

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:32 PM, Darlin' said:

If it is an old poll then why is it still listed and why can you still submit votes for it amongst the many new polls such as the poll for Episode 9.12?

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/polls/viewpoll/122/How-would-you-rate-episode-912-The-Sales-Call-Sublimation/

While you may have any opinion you want about Penny or Bernadette or Amy or whomever why are you listing polls in this site as support for your points? It makes no sense whatsoever, since the people who create the show and the people who post in this forum are completely unrelated to each other. SMH. 

• Like 1

I think Penny all.season has shown love to Leonard. She doesn't need to say it. But I enjoy their married banter. But yeah Johnny and Kaley prob better even as friend's haha.

• Like 1

That's why my avatar is of Johnny & Kaley, not L/P. Even though they are not together they show more love for each other than Penny shows to Leonard.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I have to say I agree. They had some really cute BTS moments yesterday. I can't quite describe it but it seems to me they are really close (as friends of course). Whereas in the show, the writers are constantly hinting that Sheldon and Penny understand each other more than their own partners. And I just can't believe Leonard would think he's a better fit to comfort Sheldon than Amy. What's more unbelievabe is Amy's fine with it.

In the show, Amy's fine with everything nowadays. She doesn't care why all of a sudden Sheldon wants to have sex with her. She suggests Sheldon and Penny's little experiment. She waits in the kitchen when Penny and Sheldon talks in the bathroom like soulmates. She stands quietly holding a laptop while Penny hugs Sheldon in a very intimate pose.

Amy's character was so superfluous in yesterday's episode, especially in the last few scenes. Sheldon and Penny were the stars. I feel like she could just go away and nobody, including Sheldon would even notice it.

• Like 3

I have to say I agree. They had some really cute BTS moments yesterday. I can't quite describe it but it seems to me they are really close (as friends of course). Whereas in the show, the writers are constantly hinting that Sheldon and Penny understand each other more than their own partners. And I just can't believe Leonard would think he's a better fit to comfort Sheldon than Amy. What's more unbelievabe is Amy's fine with it.

In the show, Amy's fine with everything nowadays. She doesn't care why all of a sudden Sheldon wants to have sex with her. She suggests Sheldon and Penny's little experiment. She waits in the kitchen when Penny and Sheldon talks in the bathroom like soulmates. She stands quietly holding a laptop while Penny hugs Sheldon in a very intimate pose.

Amy's character was so superfluous in yesterday's episode, especially in the last few scenes. Sheldon and Penny were the stars. I feel like she could just go away and nobody, including Sheldon would even notice it.

To be fair through out the series its been shown in a few eps Sheldon and Penny dont understand each other. They are on different wave lengths. Yes these days more closer as friend's. But I think your over exaggerating lol. Soul Mates? Penny told Leonard your the love of my life. So while it seems show is hinting Sp understand each other. Evidence supports the contrary. On fundamental key points. Sheldon and Penny dont understand each other. That's why it was funny. I think theirs a vulnerability with them as they want nothing from each other. Psychologically though despite hinting Lenny are more compatible. But this is A johnny and Kaley thred lol

Penny and Sheldon aren't soulmates, they both acknowledged that their feelings towards each other are more like brother and sister. And I think Amy knows that, that's why she would have no problem with seeing them hug.

• Like 7

That's why my avatar is of Johnny & Kaley, not L/P. Even though they are not together they show more love for each other than Penny shows to Leonard.

^^^^

That's what bugs me. Penny's vows, you are my best friend and the love of my life. Well show it. I don't need penny to tell Leonard she loves him every day. But practice what you preach. She shows more love towards Sheldon than she does to Leonard. Standing at the kitchen island and looking married does not contitude love. Show it by doing stuff for your husband like Leonard does for her instead lavishing it on Sheldon. But i don't blame penny. She doesn't write the show. To the outside world their marriage is not solid and people do not buy they are happy because tptb doesn't want it to be. They don't want closure because they want to keep their trump card. Shenny if they need to go there and they have admitted they love the pairing.

• Like 3

^^^^

That's what bugs me. Penny's vows, you are my best friend and the love of my life. Well show it. I don't need penny to tell Leonard she loves him every day. But practice what you preach. She shows more love towards Sheldon than she does to Leonard. Standing at the kitchen island and looking married does not contitude love. Show it by doing stuff for your husband like Leonard does for her instead lavishing it on Sheldon. But i don't blame penny. She doesn't write the show. To the outside world their marriage is not solid and people do not buy they are happy because tptb doesn't want it to be. They don't want closure because they want to keep their trump card. Shenny if they need to go there and they have admitted they love the pairing.

Nah sorry that's not true. Tptb have portrayed a very happily married couple this seasin. Tptb have said they NEVER intended romantic undertone with sp. Nothing suggests they would contradict a decAde for shock value. So saying shes sick of the manchild is showing love? Ive seen thr opposite. Other then this ep. Its a sibling relationship lol honestly. Penny has been indifferent tto Sheldon. Sorry I don't see how she's showing more love to Sheldon or at all. But thats just me. But as This is a johnny kaley thread illeave it at that. Getting ot.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 7

On 2/10/2016 at 6:13 PM, Tonstar17 said:

^^^^

Your feeling is the exact opposite of the folks who are most sensitive about all things Shenny: ShennyHQ.

They keep track of every second of Sheldon/Penny interaction and they have clocked just two scenes where there is any positive interaction between the two this season. Several times Penny is looking disgusted or irritated, such as the shower scene. She came right out and implied to the psychiatrist she was sick of living with the "Man-Child".  She is the biggest cheerleader for Shamy which ticks off Shennys more than anything. Penny is married to Leonard now and in TV land that means couple snarkiness increases substantially for laughs. Plus, Penny is written as being romantically impaired. She lets Leonard, as she has said in the previous three seasons, be the sensitive one in their relationship.

Amy is far from superfluous. Mayim just won the critics choice award for her portrayal of Amy and has three Emmy nominations. The taping report indicates that Sheldon and Penny had only one brief moment together while it was Amy's party for Sheldon.

There is little evidence to support your feeling. And the experts in Shennyland would agree.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 8

Your feeling is the exact opposite of the folks who are most sensitive about all things Shenny: ShennyHQ.

They keep track of every second of Sheldon/Penny interaction and they have clocked just two scenes where there is any positive interaction between the two this season. Several times Penny is looking disgusted or irritated, such as the shower scene. She came right out and implied to the psychiatrist she was sick of living with the "Man-Child".  She is the biggest cheerleader for Shamy which ticks off Shennys more than anything. Penny is married to Leonard now and in TV land that means couple snarkiness increases substantially for laughs. Plus, Penny is written as being romantically impaired. She lets Leonard, as she has said in the previous three seasons, be the sensitive one in their relationship.

Amy is far from superfluous. Mayim just won the critics choice award for her portrayal of Amy and has three Emmy nominations. The taping report indicates that Sheldon and Penny had only one brief moment together while it was Amy's party for Sheldon.

There is little evidence to support your feeling. And the experts in Sheenyland would agree.

But she couldn't explain why she married L. Apart from the marriage vow and the 'lint trap' comment there has been little else to indicate a loving marriage. Standing close to each other at a kitchen bench does not count.

• Like 2

But she couldn't explain why she married L. Apart from the marriage vow and the 'lint trap' comment there has been little else to indicate a loving marriage. Standing close to each other at a kitchen bench does not count.

Actually THEY have had very little screeb time. So even if they are happily married (I think they are) how would you know lol. Moments like lint trap comment. Tell me while its not perfect. Pennyss def happily married. Why couldn't she answer? Well she was prob caught off guard.

• Like 1

Actually THEY have had very little screeb time. So even if they are happily married (I think they are) how would you know lol. Moments like lint trap comment. Tell me while its not perfect. Pennyss def happily married. Why couldn't she answer? Well she was prob caught off guard.

She can give Sheldon a great pep talk and tell him he's one of her favorite people on a moments notice.  But, get's caught off guard as to why she married to quote her, "the love of her life"?

• Like 2

Because need to explore why she finds it so easy to be emotionally intimate with the manchild (her words). Yet she cant answer a SIMPLE question, why did you marry Leonard.

If you diddnt think my opinion had anything to contribute. Why quote me. Instead of deleting my entire post. And puttinh YOUR pov in place. Wow.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2016 at 10:05 AM, April said:

As long as it doesn't end up with the show interrogating him like "But how do you really feel about this!???" as if there were any doubt about his immediate declaration that he liked it and is looking forward to doing that again... I really don't need to have everyone going down this weirdass rabbit hole again because that would be a terrible mess! No, I quite like the thought that 1) Sheldon seems to have this zen-like composure showing that he is steadfast in his decisions and emotions when it comes to Amy, and 2) that the show will have some fun teasing the audience with some lines and jokes that something is going on off-screen before we get the next actual look into their bedroom activities. Some sort of pillow talk would be much appreciated, indeed! Like you, I'm also looking forward to what the next episode has in store for us - I hope they don't cut anything from Amy excitedly chiming into the girls night sex talk. lol

As someone is identifies as asexual/demisexual, whatever label you want to put on it, I could care less about the frequency of their activities (whether monthly, annual).  I just want to know that they are in agreement.  I hope Amy's birthday suit comment is not pressuring for something more than Sheldon is willing to give.  The show is treading a fine line because either Sheldon truly doesn't get the joke (and it is just for humor) or he is trying to ignore Amy's advance under the guise of ignorance.  Another reason I hate Amy knowing about the ring.  

We know Sheldon and Amy connect intellectually and now physically.  I thought for five years they were connecting emotionally offscreen until the breakup.  However, what I really want to see is for them to connect emotionally. The show has been very careful to show that everything Sheldon does for Amy is out of obligation, contractual agreement, demands or prompts by third parties, or as a gift.  I really need to see Sheldon demonstrate his vulnerabilities and emotions to Amy willingly without coercion.

That is why whenever anyone says to not worry about Sheldon and Penny because they are just brother and sister, I have to disagree.  They have an emotional intimacy and sharing of vulnerabilities that they do not seem to share with their respective significant others.  That is a problem and in some cases can even be considered a form of cheating despite the lack of physical intimacy.  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/life-gets-better/201406/emotional-affairs-why-they-hurt-so-much

I am trying to hold out hope, wishing I am wrong.  Sheldon is just Sheldon, but Sheldon has shown his emotional vulnerabilities to Leonard, Penny, Howard, and maybe Raj.  I need him to willingly (without prompt, obligation or demand) share his emotional side with Amy (without Penny being around), not just out of exasperation after a failed FWF episode where his speech was interrupted.  

On 2/15/2016 at 3:37 PM, April said:

I agree. I'm really looking forward to that little pep talk with Howard. From the TR I got the impression that's one of those things his inner Arthur-Wan Kenobi would say - just like he knew that everything would be okay with the right person before his big night with Amy he also knows that he'll step up and be the best dad that he can be when he and Amy have kids. If Amy would announce she's pregnant I could see him getting nervous if the timing wasn't right because of whatever schedule he had laid out, but otherwise I expect him to have this same kind of zen-like composure that he displays so often with regards to the big steps in their relationship.

I have often said I would rather see Amy freaked out about the pregnancy and Sheldon be the one to reassure her.  It would be a much welcomed change into the dynamic where Sheldon is there for Amy just as much as she has tried to be there for him.

Edited by Hope
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Hope said:

As someone is identifies as asexual/demisexual, whatever label you want to put on it, I could care less about the frequency of their activities (whether monthly, annual).

I probably should care less but I always stumble over when I see people using "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" like... uhm, so you care??? or??? (The pitfalls of international forum and multilingual users, I guess. lol)

I just want to know that they are in agreement. I hope Amy's birthday suit comment is not pressuring for something more than Sheldon is willing to give.  The show is treading a fine line because either Sheldon truly doesn't get the joke (and it is just for humor) or he is trying to ignore Amy's advance under the guise of ignorance.  Another reason I hate Amy knowing about the ring.

Oh, I'm sure they're in agreement if the next episode delivers what the TR hinted at. I honestly don't think Amy is pressuring him with the birthday suit comment - she's just being flirty and he doesn't get the innuendo because he almost never does and the show still thinks that's funny for some reason. I would actually love a scene when Amy explains these slang phrases to him and suddenly something in his brain is clicking into place like "Oh... oh! So that's what you meant when...!" and he has a flirty sly smile on his face. lol

We know Sheldon and Amy connect intellectually and now physically.  I thought for five years they were connecting emotionally offscreen until the breakup.  However, what I really want to see is for them to connect emotionally. The show has been very careful to show that everything Sheldon does for Amy is out of obligation, contractual agreement, demands or prompts by third parties, or as a gift.  I really need to see Sheldon demonstrate his vulnerabilities and emotions to Amy willingly without coercion.

That is why whenever anyone says to not worry about Sheldon and Penny because they are just brother and sister, I have to disagree.  They have an emotional intimacy and sharing of vulnerabilities that they do not seem to share with their respective significant others.  That is a problem and in some cases can even be considered a form of cheating despite the lack of physical intimacy.  https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/life-gets-better/201406/emotional-affairs-why-they-hurt-so-much

I am trying to hold out hope, wishing I am wrong.  Sheldon is just Sheldon, but Sheldon has shown his emotional vulnerabilities to Leonard, Penny, Howard, and maybe Raj.  I need him to willingly (without prompt, obligation or demand) share his emotional side with Amy (without Penny being around), not just out of exasperation after a failed FWF episode where his speech was interrupted.  Sheldon's upcoming drunk text to Amy and and winking at Amy (and ugh Penny on stage too) are hints it is happening.  Chuck Lorre's vanity cards, hint at doubt.  That doubt will not subside until I see Sheldon and Amy emotionally connect (hence why cutting the post coitus hug was such a huge disappointment). 

I think you're are bit unfair here by narrowing it down so much especially since a lot of these "obligations" or "contractual agreements" have been implemented by him in the first place. @2L344 already listed plenty of examples that show how they do indeed connect emotionally.

I would add that if anything the show has also established that Sheldon is not the kinda guy who's easily pressured into anything and actually opening up the most when the pressure is taken off. And this is IMHO what we see with Shamy 2.0 a lot. In a way Amy took off all the pressure by just wanting him back in 9x09 - and lo and behold ever since he's basically showering her with love and affection!

I have often said I would rather see Amy freaked out about the pregnancy and Sheldon be the one to reassure her.  It would be a much welcomed change into the dynamic where Sheldon is there for Amy just as much as she has tried to be there for him.

I guess at this point it would fit an established pattern with the two if they'd panic and reassure each other at different points - like Prom or Opening Night.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hope said:

As someone is identifies as asexual/demisexual, whatever label you want to put on it, I could care less about the frequency of their activities (whether monthly, annual).  I just want to know that they are in agreement.  I hope Amy's birthday suit comment is not pressuring for something more than Sheldon is willing to give.  The show is treading a fine line because either Sheldon truly doesn't get the joke (and it is just for humor) or he is trying to ignore Amy's advance under the guise of ignorance.  Another reason I hate Amy knowing about the ring.  

I am trying to hold out hope, wishing I am wrong.  Sheldon is just Sheldon, but Sheldon has shown his emotional vulnerabilities to Leonard, Penny, Howard, and maybe Raj.  I need him to willingly (without prompt, obligation or demand) share his emotional side with Amy (without Penny being around), not just out of exasperation after a failed FWF episode where his speech was interrupted.  Sheldon's upcoming drunk text to Amy and and winking at Amy (and ugh Penny on stage too) are hints it is happening.  Chuck Lorre's vanity cards, hint at doubt.  That doubt will not subside until I see Sheldon and Amy emotionally connect (hence why cutting the post coitus hug was such a huge disappointment).  

It's a different kind of emotional intimacy, and I see that difference here. It's not entirely platonic but it's not romantic. It's in some non-space of 'you're family by bond and in your own little space.'

That said, I don't think this is purposeful so much as a bi-product of how the actors portray the characters verbally and non-verbally. I would like to see more of an acknowledgement of the emotional connection between Amy and Sheldon and how Sheldon feels about the physical aspect of their relationship. I think Sheldon and Amy have an extremely deep emotional connection that the show has simply failed to show and instead has told us about.

However, I do not think the show is attempting to imply that Sheldon is being pressured if it comes to that because I do not think they have the necessary means to navigate this issue if you consider Sheldon on the asexual spectrum, nor do I think they have an interest in exploring that given how they treated the physical aspect of the relationship. I don't want to ascribe intention to things that I think result from a gap of knowledge where that 'thing' wasn't even something on their radar (unless they've talked about Sheldon and asexuality before).

Personal notes edited out.

Edited by CuriousMeans

20 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I see what youre saying, but I think whether he shows his heart on his sleeve to Amy or not depends on what you consider what his "emotional side" is. Of all the people in Sheldons life, it is Amy that he wants to maintain that idea of being perfect to. He reluctantly lets her know that in 8.1. Amy is comforted with the knowledge that Sheldon does care about what she thinks of him, that her opinion of him is important.

Quite. He can be vulnerable with Leonard and Penny as he's not trying to win their approval. He's voiced how he believed that someday Amy would marry someone better than him when they were broken up, however, he certainly believes himself to be superior to both Penny and Leonard. As an asexual person (IMO), why should the gender of the person he's close to matter? Surely the hug he and Leonard shared on his bed, initiated by Sheldon no less, was far more intimate than his begrudgingly tolerated birthday hug with Penny? Societal heteronormality wins through once again though, and one is viewed as a sweet buddy moment, and the other a slight to his relationship with Amy, sigh!

Now, my wish list? As an Amy nostalgic, a bit of Shamy atavism wouldn't go amiss. As a Sheldon fan, I never, never ever ever, want to hear the 'I'm his best shot' or 'I'm the best girlfriend you're ever going to have' sentiment leave Amy's lips again. This is the language of manipulation and anyone who's survived, witnessed, or finds themselves currently caught in an emotionally abusive relationship will recognize this method of psychological abuse "no-one else will ever want you", "no-one else will put up with you". As I referenced above, he already believes himself 'unworthy', hence his reticence to be vulnerable, this needs to change. We need to see more balance in this relationship.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ATOB said:

Quite. He can be vulnerable with Leonard and Penny as he's not trying to win their approval. He's voiced how he believed that someday Amy would marry someone better than him when they were broken up, however, he certainly believes himself to be superior to both Penny and Leonard. As an asexual person (IMO), why should the gender of the person he's close to matter? Surely the hug he and Leonard shared on his bed, initiated by Sheldon no less, was far more intimate than his begrudgingly tolerated birthday hug with Penny? Societal heteronormality wins through once again though, and one is viewed as a sweet buddy moment, and the other a slight to his relationship with Amy, sigh!

Now, my wish list? As an Amy nostalgic, a bit of Shamy atavism wouldn't go amiss. As a Sheldon fan, I never, never ever ever, want to hear the 'I'm his best shot' or 'I'm the best girlfriend you're ever going to have' sentiment leave Amy's lips again. This is the language of manipulation and anyone who's survived, witnessed, or finds themselves currently caught in an emotionally abusive relationship will recognize this method of psychological abuse "no-one else will ever want you", "no-one else will put up with you". As I referenced above, he already believes himself 'unworthy', hence his reticence to be vulnerable, this needs to change. We need to see more balance in this relationship.

Sheldon has said the same kind of thing to Amy several times.  In Workplace Proximity, he says something like, "I don't see anyone else banging on your door to put up with your nonsense" and I believe a similar sentiment was expressed before.  I don't think this is a representation of an abusive relationship.  

• Like 1

Sp hv emotional intimacy. And is form of cheating? Leonard better watch out huh lol. That's a joke right lol. What emotional intimacy? How anyone can say they are not siblings. Based on not being physical. Or being emotionally intimate. Is stupid. I think ppl just twist things to suit their pre conceived notions. Wasent for LeonArd they wouldn't even be close. Over it honestly. Penny is the parallel to Missy. After so many years why this he sent sunken in.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

Sheldon has said the same kind of thing to Amy several times.  In Workplace Proximity, he says something like, "I don't see anyone else banging on your door to put up with your nonsense" and I believe a similar sentiment was expressed before.  I don't think this is a representation of an abusive relationship.  

perhaps not an abusive relationship, because amy has only ever held Sheldon's unworthiness over his head once, when she wanted to move in with him and told him she was the best girlfriend he would ever have.

BUT. The push/pull dynamic has had this unpleasant effect, that you have a sense that amy felt entitled to certain things because she endured so much. So in conjunction with Sheldon's frequent feelings of unworthiness (worries about not being boyfriend material, fears that amy will.leave) and Amy's near-constant past reminders to others of what she puts up with/ has sacrificed, and you have a really distasteful cocktail.

and there is also this. Sheldon, for all his faults, has always accepted Amy for who she is, quirks and all. Sheldon has never wanted Amy to be any other way than she is, or wanted her to want other things. And Sheldon has also explicitly told Amy things like 'that's why you have the gentlemen callers lining up' and so on. Sheldon is a dick to amy a lot of the time, no question ( his fidgetiness about sexual innuendo in s7 even when amy didn't mean it, shit like 'slick, huh?'), but he also has at the very least volunteered praise of amy's romantic and sexual worth to other suitors. Amy mostly insinuates that Sheldon is lucky to have her putting up.with him. We will have Amy praising sheldon's handsomeness soon which will be nice (and would be nicer still if she weren't immediately made to fish coyly for sex).

so in sum: i agree it is not an abusive relationship, but for sure I would like the resentful, push/pull version of amy to be taken out back and shot in the head. Hopefully the writers have decided that the push/ pull has outstayed its welcome ( newsflash: It did that immediately) and with that amy's frequent entitlement and martyr complex.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, ATOB said:
12 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

13 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

So, two wrongs make a right then?

Sheldon got a bit of a wake up call didn't he? Turns out that there was at least one decent chap who wanted to bang Amy's 'door'. And what happened then? What happened once he came to this realization? Something happened that he'd been putting off for years; yes, years, remember, the first time Amy propositioned him was when she was sad at being left out of wedding dress shopping.

No relationship is perfect. Look into the healthiest, most loving marriage and you'll find jealousy and pettiness, people do take their loved ones for granted. However, just as Sheldon came unstuck and got, quite literally, a rude awakening, Amy needs to keep her entitlement in check.  Sheldon was disproven, so perhaps Amy may well find that someone else would "put up with him" and be a "better girlfriend than her". This is Chuck Lorre's baby and he likes a twist, and in sitcomland we all know what pride comes before don't we?

And finally, as a Shamy, why am I discussing my ship in here exactly? What rule has been broken that determined that my Shamy related posts should be moved here? Saying I think Sheldon is asexual? Is there something wrong with asexuality that I need to be told about? Is it an insult? Unsupportive of the ship? 

Or saying that I think Amy should not use manipulative language? And does anyone disagree that telling someone you're the best they'll ever get and no-one else would put up with them is anything but emotionally abusive behavior? It's the Shamy Thread, not the Amy Farrah Fowler Fan Club, so why is one character's happiness or one shipper's opinion given priority over another's?

The Shamy and Lenny threads are for POSITIVE ship discussion accusing one member of the couple of being abusive is hardly On

1 hour ago, ATOB said:

So, two wrongs make a right then?

Sheldon got a bit of a wake up call didn't he? Turns out that there was at least one decent chap who wanted to bang Amy's 'door'. And what happened then? What happened once he came to this realization? Something happened that he'd been putting off for years; yes, years, remember, the first time Amy propositioned him was when she was sad at being left out of wedding dress shopping.

No relationship is perfect. Look into the healthiest, most loving marriage and you'll find jealousy and pettiness, people do take their loved ones for granted. However, just as Sheldon came unstuck and got, quite literally, a rude awakening, Amy needs to keep her entitlement in check.  Sheldon was disproven, so perhaps Amy may well find that someone else would "put up with him" and be a "better girlfriend than her". This is Chuck Lorre's baby and he likes a twist, and in sitcomland we all know what pride comes before don't we?

And finally, as a Shamy, why am I discussing my ship in here exactly? What rule has been broken that determined that my Shamy related posts should be moved here? Saying I think Sheldon is asexual? Is there something wrong with asexuality that I need to be told about? Is it an insult? Unsupportive of the ship? 

Or saying that I think Amy should not use manipulative language? And does anyone disagree that telling someone you're the best they'll ever get and no-one else would put up with them is anything but emotionally abusive behavior? It's the Shamy Thread, not the Amy Farrah Fowler Fan Club, so why is one character's happiness or one shipper's opinion given priority over another's?

36 minutes ago, JE7 said:

The Shamy and Lenny threads are for POSITIVE ship discussion accusing one member of the couple of being abusive is hardly On

I pointed out that Amy's rhetoric was abusive. And it is. I posted that I wanted to see an end to it and a return to a more balanced and happy relationship. That's pretty positive where I come from.

I think saluting her behavior as some form of empowerment is pretty negative and distasteful myself. Do you disagree?