[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

I think the ships should be able to be constructively discussed (negative/positive/neutral) in their appropriate threads.  I think people should not "bash" the couples in the threads, but only positive discussion seems limiting...and boring.  I don't want to read a whole thread where everyone is simply barfing rainbows.

• Like 6

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

nibbler, et al, we have had bad experiences with discussions within what are now ship zones.   If a member of a particular ship says something not quite positive, and a member of a different ship says the same thing, it is not received the same way and the discussion goes back and forth, it no longer becomes supportive about the ship.  Tripper decided, (well before I became a moderator) that discussion in declared ship threads were to be limited to supportive statements.  This also excludes discussion of other ships, as happened here.  You are free to discuss non-supportive or borderline discussions in this thread  If you wish to discuss this further, please do it by PM or start another thread in The Site forum.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JE7 said:

He is right if I went into the Shamy thread and said what atob did the entire ship would raise the jolly roger and begin raiding coastal villages 

Give it time :cool:

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, JE7 said:

He is right if I went into the Shamy thread and said what atob did the entire ship would raise the jolly roger and begin raiding coastal villages 

Thank God I live inland just enough..

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JE7 said:

Yeaaaaah, no! You do realize that I was recently compared to Hitler by a fellow Shamy on the Shamy thread?!

Incidentally, anyone who should happen to think that a person holding a different opinion to yourself in regards to fictional characters in a sitcom is comparable to the greatest tradegy in living memory, can I humbly suggest the wonderfully unbiased works of Christopher Isherwood (Goodbye to Berlin / Mr Norris Changes Trains) as a starting block to educating yourself. Failing that, the Pulitzer Prize winning Maus, a graphic novel by Art Spiegelman, uses the medium of comic art to deliver an affecting and digestible narrative of the horrors and realities of the Holocaust.

I'm not quite sure why such rabid fanaticism is supported. A poster on this forum often used to remark "This is not a democracy!" And while I think he really meant to say "dictatorship", oddly enough, uncorrected, he was quite right. You certainly do have the choice to make the 'right' choice don't you?

Now, what I really want to see is Shamy baking cupcakes together, preferably Meemaw's recipe, given to Amy with words of support about what an excellent job she's doing putting up with her awkward grandson and how she's really changing him for the better. Squeeee! (Do I get a pass to the Crystal Castle now?)

• Like 3

Yeaaaaah, no! You do realize that I was recently compared to Hitler by a fellow Shamy on the Shamy thread?!

Incidentally, anyone who should happen to think that a person holding a different opinion to yourself in regards to fictional characters in a sitcom is comparable to the greatest tradegy in living memory, can I humbly suggest the wonderfully unbiased works of Christopher Isherwood (Goodbye to Berlin / Mr Norris Changes Trains) as a starting block to educating yourself. Failing that, the Pulitzer Prize winning Maus, a graphic novel by Art Spiegelman, uses the medium of comic art to deliver an affecting and digestible narrative of the horrors and realities of the Holocaust.

I'm not quite sure why such rabid fanaticism is supported. A poster on this forum often used to remark "This is not a democracy!" And while I think he really meant to say "dictatorship", oddly enough, uncorrected, he was quite right. You certainly do have the choice to make the 'right' choice don't you?

Now, what I really want to see is Shamy baking cupcakes together, preferably Meemaw's recipe, given to Amy with words of support about what an excellent job she's doing putting up with her awkward grandson and how she's really changing him for the better. Squeeee! (Do I get a pass to the Crystal Castle now?)

Nope until you realise that everything in shamyland is not like the Garden of Eden. You don't get a pass. ☺

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATOB said:

I so understand that not all is unicorns and rainbows in there if you don't toe the party line. 

I spent a good bit of time in there during the breakup and had several 'discussions" with some of the Shamy forum queens one actually said if you didn't think like they say you should you weren't a real Shamy. Since I am not it was a bit of fun lol

Not long ago I said that I think a lot of the anger and hostility is because some posters forget these charecters arent real and I stand by that. In addition a big problem is just because you have been to a taping or two and been within 30 yards of Jim parsons does not make a. Him your personal friend or b. You an expert on Shamy as some seem to believe.

I don't spend time in there any more because it is just not worth getting a ban which is what would happen if I spoke my mind to A FEW of the more promanent posters there

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I so understand that not all is unicorns and rainbows in there if you don't toe the party line. 

I spent a good bit of time in there during the breakup and had several 'discussions" with some of the Shamy forum queens one actually said if you didn't think like they say you should you weren't a real Shamy. Since I am not it was a bit of fun lol

Not long ago I said that I think a lot of the anger and hostility is because some posters forget these charecters arent real and I stand by that. In addition a big problem is just because you have been to a taping or two and been within 30 yards of Jim parsons does not make a. Him your personal friend or b. You an expert on Shamy as some seem to believe.

I don't spend time in there any more because it is just not worth getting a ban which is what would happen if I spoke my mind to A FEW of the more promanent posters there

Hey, I don't need to go to tapings to know that Jim Cooper is speaking them lines direct to me through my telebox transmitter!  (Dons tin foil hat to watch repeat of Walking Dead.) Bip! Bip! Jibber.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Hey, I don't need to go to tapings to know that Jim Cooper is speaking them lines direct to me through my telebox transmitter!  (Dons tin foil hat to watch repeat of Walking Dead.) Bip! Bip! Jibber.....

That bip bip jiber comes from watching the walking dead past season one lol

27 minutes ago, JE7 said:

That bip bip jiber comes from watching the walking dead past season one lol

Aye, it has got a tad silly, I admit, especially the latest ep.....but Daryl does have nice arms!

Anyho, where else would those resting English actors go for work? I'm being patriotic I am..... and Daryl really, really does have nice arms.

Hey though, how could you not like 'The Guvnor'? 

And Daryl's arms?

On 21/02/2016 at 10:35 PM, monaliza23 said:

that  is me make happy when i saw  love that Amy doesn't seem to like Leonard 

1453798996.jpg

Amy does like Leonard? Why wouldn't anyone like Leonard. He's lovely..

• Like 1

On 2/21/2016 at 4:35 AM, monaliza23 said:

that  is me make happy when i saw  love that Amy doesn't seem to like Leonard 

1453798996.jpg

What? Sorry I don't understand what your trying to say

Ey guys, have you seen the last interview with jim where he said that he'd like to see sheldon and penny have one night together?? Eww, and we call jim the shamy captain?? First he said something about that his best memory on the show was the really really good time he had many years ago when sheldon and penny had a lot of scenes together even he called the shenny scenes in tonight's episode as "very intimate" and now this?? Ugh! That hurts! Jim definitely is not a shamy fan but shenny's... Maybe at the end that is what we gonna get... Beca use we know that lorre, molaro and prady are also shenny shippers... Sorry but i don't want to waste my time if that happens...

Edited by Thyanic <3
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thyanic <3 said:

Ey guys, have you seen the last interview with jim where he said that he'd like to see sheldon and penny have one night together?? Eww, and we call jim the shamy captain?? First he said something about that his best memory on the show was the really really good time he had many years ago when sheldon and penny had a lot of scenes together even he called the shenny scenes in tonight's episode as "very intimate" and now this?? Ugh! That hurts! Jim definitely is not a shamy fan but shenny's... Maybe at the end that is what we gonna get... Beca use we know that lorre, molaro and prady are also shenny shippers... Sorry but i don't want to waste my time if that happens...

Where is this?

19 minutes ago, Thyanic <3 said:

Where did you see this interview?

Plus, Shenny will not end up together, for God sake. If so, what would be the reason to introduce Amy, make her and Sheldon develop a friendship, then a relationship, then break up, then get back together? All this for nothing? Warner Studios aren't throwing their millions of money at the trash.

• Like 7

It was random questions....I'm not worried about it, plus there  if Prady, Molaro or Lorre were Shenny shippers, it would have happened. Didn't Prady put someone in their place about Shenny last year by telling them the engagement of Leonard and Penny put an end to that hope. Jim is a huge Shamy shipper. In the same interview he said he wanted to do it much more and graphically.  Just saying.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Thyanic <3 said:

I saw both interviews. But that doesn't mean he doesn't love Sheldon with Amy. We know that already from other interviews. I actually agree when he said he missed Sheldon and Penny (as friends). I'm missing their scenes too.

Edited by Cindi May
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kimbee73 said:

It was random questions....I'm not worried about it, plus there  if Prady, Molaro or Lorre were Shenny shippers, it would have happened. Didn't Prady put someone in their place about Shenny last year by telling them the engagement of Leonard and Penny put an end to that hope. Jim is a huge Shamy shipper. In the same interview he said he wanted to do it much more and graphically.  Just saying.

tumblr_nhveg5eW5w1t4qz24o1_1280.thumb.pn

Don't feed them peeps!

• Like 5

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic