Jump to content

[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I saw Conan. Conan and Kunal were trying to get Mayim and Johnny to kiss like they did on "Blossom". They didn't want to do IMO. I think they agreed because Jim and Kaley and Melissa and Kunal, who all were just sitting next to each other agreed to do it. I'm not sure what deep meaning can be taken from that.

I agree with you. Mayim was like hell no at first when she was asked by Kunal. And in that moment they weren't their characters but just Jim, Kaley, Johnny, Mayim, Melissa and Kunal.

Edited by Cindi May
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Really lol. Its the actors. Ppl do realize tbbt is fictional right lord..

Tease Shenny? WHat with mocking them in Au epps?'such a tease. Theirs no romantic tone. THEY write them assexually. So no THEY dont tease Shenny. More teasing fans who im sortu are stupid enough to ship them. It just blows my mind ppl can talk a bit something so extensively when quite honestly beyond dream sequences. Theirs no material to base it on. Im sorry the topic is passe.

I think arguing over whether Shenny is "actually" in the show is largely inconsequential. Just like with every other aspect of it, every person will bring their own experiences to the show and interpret it differently. I didn't see the bathroom scene as romantic, but if someone did, I could understand, and chances are, if they do find it instinctively romantic, it'd be hard to convince them their feelings are wrong. If the showrunners wanted to do it, it wouldn't take too many adjustments to give Shenny a romantic touch. Opposites attract and the ever-bickering couple aren't exactly new concepts in the world of romance stories. Let's be real, if the potential for Shenny was truly as non-existant as some people claim, there wouldn't be civil war in the forum everytime Shenny share a scene.

Now, bear in mind I don't want this to happen nor do I think it ever will because it would just be too depressing a plot point in a show that focuses so much on the group. It just wouldn't be fun to break up a marriage and a five year relationship and completely destroy the Shelnard and Pamy friendships. All in all, for Shenny, it's just too late in the game now. However, I don't see how it makes anyone "stupid" that they enjoy a different character dynamic more than the ones the showrunners chose. Maybe some fans thought Shenny would have made for more interesting plots. Hell, maybe some would have prefered Raj/Howard over Raj/Emily for the same reason. Or any pairing. I'm not actually quite sure how I'm fighting Shenny's fight now, since I don't ship them, lol. I guess I just don't like the insinuation that a different interpretation of the characters makes one a worse viewer. If someone ships Shenny and likes the bathroom scene, that doesn't make Shamy or Lenny less real.

(That said, I do understand the frustration of viewers who would have rather had the spotlight on their preferred couple. Hey, let's not pretend. I might not ship in TBBT, but I do in other shows, and, if we're completely honest, I think it's normal everyone wants their pairing to have the cutest moments. But I find that when I employ a "Ship and Let Ship" strategy, I can really enjoy shows the most and find scenes which further different couples and friendships than I like just as fun because I know someone's gonna be really happy about them and, hey, supposedly this is all about entertainment. But those are just my two personal cents.)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, A.D.A. said:

Let's be real, if the potential for Shenny was truly as non-existant as some people claim, there wouldn't be civil war in the forum everytime Shenny share a scene.

Nah, I've seen some crazy shipping wars in various fandoms. Whether or not there's actual textual evidence or plausible potential doesn't really matter for that kind of stuff. lol

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:
8 minutes ago, April said:

Nah, I've seen some crazy shipping wars in various fandoms. Whether or not there's actual textual evidence or plausible potential doesn't really matter for that kind of stuff. lol

 

(Sorry for the double-boxes; the quote system again)

Well, that is definitely true, some pairings have wayyyy more support than others. However, in most fandoms, the two sides of the debate need to actually be present for ship-to-ship combat to start. The Shennys have defected long ago. This forum is the first one I've witnessed that self-ignites so effectively.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, A.D.A. said:

(Sorry for the double-boxes; the quote system again)

Well, that is definitely true, some pairings have wayyyy more support than others. However, in most fandoms, the two sides of the debate need to actually be present for ship-to-ship combat to start. The Shennys have defected long ago. This forum is the first one I've witnessed that self-ignites so effectively.

Haha, yeah, that's true. It's baffling me as well. In every other fandom having a forum community that's basically purely devoted to canon ships would be paradise. Is it the lack of conflict due to the lack of non-canon shippers?? Are things going too well that's causing the paranoia? Maybe past trauma from weird plot twists?? The HIMYM effect?!?? A bit of everything??

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, as every politician knows, fear of The Other is a great motivator. To paraphrase Voltaire(?): If Shennies didn't exist, we would probably find it necessary to invent them. TBBT is interesting in that there is no real room for a shipping war. There are no triangles or romantic rivals, in-show, for any of the canon couples (seriously, a love triangle is almost the only major cliché the writers haven't given a big tongue bath to yet, so hallelujah), so what IS a poster to do?

but to anyone who worries about a sinister long game teasing a romantic Shenny? The very need for there to be a 'long game' of any sort rules it out, with this writing crew!

as to a sudden twist: It could happen, but as 2L and others have pointed out, the writers wouldn't dicker with two established couples to achieve it. Especially since one of said couples is married, and TBBT's heart is firmly reactionary. Ain't no marriages breaking up on this show. Not for the main cast, anyway.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

well, as every politician knows, fear of The Other is a great motivator. To paraphrase Voltaire(?): If Shennies didn't exist, we would probably find it necessary to invent them. TBBT is interesting in that there is no real room for a shipping war. There are no triangles or romantic rivals, in-show, for any of the canon couples (seriously, a love triangle is almost the only major cliché the writers haven't given a big tongue bath to yet, so hallelujah), so what IS a poster to do?

but to anyone who worries about a sinister long game teasing a romantic Shenny? The very need for there to be a 'long game' of any sort rules it out, with this writing crew!

as to a sudden twist: It could happen, but as 2L and others have pointed out, the writers wouldn't dicker with two established couples to achieve it. Especially since one of said couples is married, and TBBT's heart is firmly reactionary. Ain't no marriages breaking up on this show. Not for the main cast, anyway.

we cannot say what is going to happen in the show....none of us are writers of some members of the show......unless you are one under cover :p

anyway I would love to see penny dump leonard and may be later sheldon dump amy and then after sometime penny and sheldon eventually get together at the end of the series......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2016 at 10:30 AM, vasu said:

we cannot say what is going to happen in the show....none of us are writers of some members of the show......unless you are one under cover :p

anyway I would love to see penny dump leonard and may be later sheldon dump amy and then after sometime penny and sheldon eventually get together at the end of the series......

And I would like to see Sheldon institutionalized what's your point?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sheldon Supremacy is an example of the tyranny of the majority. The Amy fanciers are suffering from it too, though I think they are suffering with less justification than the people who want to see more of the other two top billed actors together.

Everyone likes to dream, but the lack of cleanly delivered L/P is unsatisfying, considering the afore mentioned billing.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/2/26 at 7:30 AM, vasu said:

we cannot say what is going to happen in the show....none of us are writers of some members of the show......unless you are one under cover :p

anyway I would love to see penny dump leonard and may be later sheldon dump amy and then after sometime penny and sheldon eventually get together at the end of the series......

Although I'm not one of the writers, I can assure you this won't happen. Even if there's a romantic Shenny in the future, it'll probably be for the purpose of creating drama. There's no way the show spent years to create Lenny and Shamy, only to destroy them in the end. And maybe they can do the show without Amy because she's a supporting character. But what about Leonard? He's the main three and he's the glue holding the whole group together. Do you really think they will add another character to the show to be Leonard's girlfriend if Penny dumps Leonard?

So as long as the writers are sane and don't want to turn the show into a joke, Lenny and Shamy will be endgame. It's just the road to endgame is not as smooth as we shippers hope it to be.

And I'm so tired of Leonard and Amy being the insignificant one in their respective relationships. They are good people. They are kind, patient, thoughtful. They give a lot and ask for very little in their relationships. They deserve happiness. So let's just say if Shenny needs to happen for you, how about Amy dumping Sheldon and Leonard dumping Penny?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, camelliayao said:

Although I'm not one of the writers, I can assure you this won't happen. Even if there's a romantic Shenny in the future, it'll probably be for the purpose of creating drama. There's no way the show spent years to create Lenny and Shamy, only to destroy them in the end. And maybe they can do the show without Amy because she's a supporting character. But what about Leonard? He's the main three and he's the glue holding the whole group together. Do you really think they will add another character to the show to be Leonard's girlfriend if Penny dumps Leonard?

So as long as the writers are sane and don't want to turn the show into a joke, Lenny and Shamy will be endgame. It's just the road to endgame is not as smooth as we shippers hope it to be.

And I'm so tired of Leonard and Amy being the insignificant one in their respective relationships. They are good people. They are kind, patient, thoughtful. They give a lot and ask for very little in their relationships. They deserve happiness. So let's just say if Shenny needs to happen for you, how about Amy dumping Sheldon and Leonard dumping Penny?

who would have guessed leonard would have cheated on penny few years ago.... but according to the writers he did cheat.....

so similarly anything can happen...

and as you said in your last para.... leonard and amy are the insignificant ones in their respective relationships...... almost all the time its leonard and amy whose are the ones who make faults or do wrong things....... and penny and sheldon are the ones who mostly do not do anything wrong.......

especially in case of leonard and penny......whenever there is a story recently ....it is almost always leonard's fault....

so who knows.... penny and sheldon might eventually get tired....and break off things with leonard and amy........... and already penny shows more affection and sympathy and care towards sheldon than she ever showed leonard........ in fact if penny showed half of the compassion she shows towards sheldon to leonard... I would consider theirs to be a good relationship....but she does not.......

you can how much she put into celebrating sheldon's birthday and telling sheldon how important it it for him to spend amy's birthday with her.... and compare it with the fact the she does care enough to remember leonard's birthday.......

and leonard dumping penny??? its probably never gonna happen........leonard is a whiny wussy type character ...which penny herself confirmed......so the only way for this to happen is to leonard growing a pair of balls.....but as long as sheldon and penny are there in his life ... I don't see writers giving him a pair of balls....cause he like the punching bag for sheldon and penny 

22 hours ago, JE7 said:

And I would like to see Sheldon institutionalized what's your point?

 

I think I already made my point in the post you quoted...

Edited by vasu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vasu said:

who would have guessed leonard would have cheated on penny few years ago.... but according to the writers he did cheat.....

so similarly anything can happen...

and as you said in your last para.... leonard and amy are the insignificant ones in their respective relationships...... almost all the time its leonard and amy whose are the ones who make faults or do wrong things....... and penny and sheldon are the ones who mostly do not do anything wrong.......

especially in case of leonard and penny......whenever there is a story recently ....it is almost always leonard's fault....

so who knows.... penny and sheldon might eventually get tired....and break off things with leonard and amy........... and already penny shows more affection and sympathy and care towards sheldon than she ever showed leonard........ in fact if penny showed half of the compassion she shows towards sheldon to leonard... I would consider theirs to be a good relationship....but she does not.......

you can how much she put into celebrating sheldon's birthday and telling sheldon how important it it for him to spend amy's birthday with her.... and compare it with the fact the she does care enough to remember leonard's birthday.......

and leonard dumping penny??? its probably never gonna happen........leonard is a whiny wussy type character ...which penny herself confirmed......so the only way for this to happen is to leonard growing a pair of balls.....but as long as sheldon and penny are there in his life ... I don't see writers giving him a pair of balls....cause he like the punching bag for sheldon and penny 

I think I already made my point in the post you quoted...

--who would have guessed leonard would have cheated on penny few years ago

Yes, Leonard cheated on Penny, but where did that storyline go? Nowhere. The writers had Leonard's cheat for the purpose of creating drama. So yes, there may be some romantic Shenny in the future, considering the writers nowadays would do anything just to boost their ratings. But no, Shenny will not be endgame. Just like Leonard may cheat on Penny, but in the end they will resolve their problem and move on.

--almost all the time its leonard and amy whose are the ones who make faults or do wrong things....... and penny and sheldon are the ones who mostly do not do anything wrong.......

Well, I'm not a Lenny fan so I don't know much about Leonard or Penny. But you don't consider getting on a train and running away, or applying to colonize another planet without telling Amy, or breaking up over a table as something "wrong"? Boy, you must love Sheldon very much.

The fact is Sheldon does "wrong" and maybe even "hurtful" things all the time. We are just more tolarant of him because most of the time he doesn't do those things on purpose.

--penny and sheldon might eventually get tired....and break off things with leonard and amy

Again I don't know much about Penny, but I'm sorry, Sheldon gets tired of what? Having fun with Amy? Having somebody who understands him to stay with him and to give him good suggestions all the time? Someone who knows exactly what to do and what to say to make him happy? Like in 917, he was still panic and upset after having that long conversation with Penny but instantly cheered up after hearing Amy's words. He didn't care much about Adam West but was truly thrilled when Stephen Hawking showed up on the screen.

He pratically had mental breakdowns both time he and Amy broke up, so I'm sure he'll not "get tired" of Amy any time soon. They might fight, that's for sure because the writers like dramas. But getting tired of Amy? Oh please...

And what did Penny do that qualifies "she put so much into celebrating Sheldon's birthday?" Leonard put a lot of thoughts into Shedon's birthday, that I can tell. He invited Adam West. Amy put a lot of thoughts too. She had Stephen Hawking sing Happy Birthday to Sheldon. All Penny did was preparing the party. She always does those kinds of things. It fits her personality.

I'm not saying there will never be some sort of romantic Shenny. In fact, I think if the show gets renewed, there's a big chance the writers will dig into the romantic Shenny story to create more drama. Although I hope not, because I can't think of any way to have a romantic Shenny without destroying Lenny, Shamy, Shelnard's friendship and Penny&Amy's friendship. But Shenny being endgame? That'll destroy everything the show has created so far. So no, not going to happen. That ship sank long time ago.

The rest of your post is about Lenny and I don't like commenting on things I'm not familiar with. So I'll leave it to others.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It always amazes me that while I am a Lenny fan how people who watch the show don't everything about all the characters on the show. What to do you do when your favorite couple isn't on?  I mean there are only three couples. How hard can it be.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It always amazes me that while I am a Lenny fan how people who watch the show don't everything about all the characters on the show. What to do you do when your favorite couple isn't on?  I mean there are only three couples. How hard can it be.

I'm guessing you are talking about me? I only watch every episode from beginning to end once. Then I just watch Shamy cuts or maybe some other moments of that episode I like. I know what happens to other characters. I just don't care about them that much so what I remember about them might be wrong. Like if you ask me about cute moments of Shamy, I can list almost every one of them very quickly. But if you ask me the same question with Lenny, I can think of maybe only several. Of course Lenny have many cute moments, I just don't pay that much attention to them. That's why I said I don't want to comment on Lenny. 

Edited by camelliayao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I'm guessing you are talking about me? I only watch every episode from beginning to end once. Then I just watch Shamy cuts or maybe some other moments of that episode I like. I know what happens to other characters. I just don't care about them that much so what I remember about them might be wrong. Like if you ask me about cute moments of Shamy, I can list almost every one of them very quickly. But if you ask me the same question with Lenny, I can think of maybe only several. Of course Lenny have many cute moments, I just don't pay that much attention to them. That's why I said I don't want to comment on Lenny. 

Boy you must have a stomach of steel. Most times when they are together,especially romantically , it become a little nauseating for me. I really do have nothing against JP but he just can't pull that off like NPH did on HIMYM. And I like Amy/Mayim and I know it's part of how they make her look on the show but TBH she's nothing to look at. Even with all that I still know what's going on with them maybe not to the point of yourself and others analyze it but I can still make conversation. I guess you must not have watched the first three seasons. That's like missing 30 percent of the episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Boy you must have a stomach of steel. Most times when they are together,especially romantically , it become a little nauseating for me. I really do have nothing against JP but he just can't pull that off like NPH did on HIMYM. And I like Amy/Mayim and I know it's part of how they make her look on the show but TBH she's nothing to look at. Even with all that I still know what's going on with them maybe not to the point of yourself and others analyze it but I can still make conversation. I guess you must not have watched the first three seasons. That's like missing 30 percent of the episodes.

I'm a Shamy fan so what you find unbearable is quite enjoyable for me. People have different tastes. Is that so hard to understand?

I can make a conversation about Lenny and I have watched the first three seasons. I just chose not to talk about Lenny in that post because I don't remember a lot about Lenny details and I know lots of Lenny fans can have much better arguments than me. That's all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Lenny as I can relate to.thr nerdy guy desiring  the hot girl. Whats unique about Lenny tho. Is this idea the girl falls just as hard. They are up their with Ross and Rachel, Monica and Chandler, Ted and Diane. As my all time fav tv couple. I dont dislike Shamy. Just not my preference. I like them. They just dont interest me as much as Lenny do. But ain't that great? Imagine how boring it would be if we all thought the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26 February 2016 at 0:04 PM, A.D.A. said:

(Sorry for the double-boxes; the quote system again)

Well, that is definitely true, some pairings have wayyyy more support than others. However, in most fandoms, the two sides of the debate need to actually be present for ship-to-ship combat to start. The Shennys have defected long ago. This forum is the first one I've witnessed that self-ignites so effectively.

Did they though? :icon_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Did they though? :icon_rolleyes:

I've only looked a bit on tumblr...From the impression I got, some of them have given up while some others are still there. From the ones that have stayed some (the sane ones) are civilised and aware that Shenny died when the last episode of season 3 aired. The other ones have a very weird sense of entitlement. Like, how long can you go watching a show with that kind of mentality before you give up? Years, apparently.

 

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 2:04 PM, A.D.A. said:

(Sorry for the double-boxes; the quote system again)

Well, that is definitely true, some pairings have wayyyy more support than others. However, in most fandoms, the two sides of the debate need to actually be present for ship-to-ship combat to start. The Shennys have defected long ago. This forum is the first one I've witnessed that self-ignites so effectively.

I've read multiple times in this forum that there were Shennys here in the past and that it was basically a battleground. Maybe it's PTSD? ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cindi May said:

Me? I like them much but as friends. I don't see Sheldon dating someone who doesn't  understand science. It's too important for him.

After dating Leonard I don't see Penny with anyone so self centered or being Sheldon's doormat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.