[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Don't kid yourself guys Shamy will have their special moments and the others will have a lame plot B. and lenny will have to share their moment. Isn't that the way the writers have written them the last 2 seasons. They can't seem to write funny lenny apparently or just can't be asked. I guarantee that lenny wedding if it ever happened will be hijacked. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

Don't kid yourself guys Shamy will have their special moments and the others will have a lame plot B. and lenny will have to share their moment. Isn't that the way the writers have written them the last 2 seasons. They can't seem to write funny lenny apparently or just can't be asked. I guarantee that lenny wedding if it ever happened will be hijacked. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The writers aren't going to miss out on a Lenny wedding. There are comic possibilities and since the show is coming to an end there not going to miss out on this ratings bonaza. They can't exactly show Shamy coitus on prime time.

• Like 1

I don't know about that Christmo I think we'll see a Shamy wedding before a Lenny one Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

It seems though that Sheldon won't do anything before Lenny does.

I don't know about that Christmo I think we'll see a Shamy wedding before a Lenny one Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Even if, why does it matter? It's not a competition. 

• Like 1

Mislav, no one thinks that the entire episode would be only about them.  But trying to shoehorn two big moments into one episode takes away from both of them, it doesn't add anything to either of the moments.  If they have a Lenny Wedding, have the wedding, don't try to force Shamy coitus or an engagement into that episode.  Something like that for Shamy deserves their own main plot.  

Maybe we should agree to disagree on this one. I think that the writers can write Shamy coitus into a Lenny wedding episode without taking much away from either ship. Especially if it would happen in 200th episode. Also, Shamy coitus happening in that episode and being addressed in that episode are two different things, and couples don't necessarily have to have an equal screen time for a good conclusion. I actually don't want the whole episode to be about Shamy coitus and then addressing the aftermath, if it were to happen in a different episode from the one where Lenny wedding happens That would take away from the intimacy and the whole "wow" moment from the audience. Why do you think they had Howardette getting married, Penny telling I love you to Leonard and Leonard and Penny getting engaged at the end of the episode?

It seems now that the shamy is the main couple and they haven't even got to second base yet to me it is a stretch for them to get engaged and married before a couple that have know each for 8 years. But the writers are in love with shamy Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You could say the same thing that it's not a competition if Shamy doesn't have coitus. I think in both cases Lenny and shamy fans would be disappointed.

Mislav, no one thinks that the entire episode would be only about them.  But trying to shoehorn two big moments into one episode takes away from both of them, it doesn't add anything to either of the moments.  If they have a Lenny Wedding, have the wedding, don't try to force Shamy coitus or an engagement into that episode.  Something like that for Shamy deserves their own main plot.  

Maybe we should agree to disagree on this one. I think that the writers can write Shamy coitus into a Lenny wedding episode without taking much away from either ship. Especially if it would happen in 200th episode. Also, Shamy coitus happening in that episode and being addressed in that episode are two different things, and couples don't necessarily have to have an equal screen time for a good conclusion. I actually don't want the whole episode to be about Shamy coitus and then addressing the aftermath, if it were to happen in a different episode from the one where Lenny wedding happens That would take away from the intimacy and the whole "wow" moment from the audience. Why do you think they had Howardette getting married, Penny telling I love you to Leonard and Leonard and Penny getting engaged at the end of the episode?

But these were 3 desperate episodes which had a lead-up to that one large event. There were other sub-plots, but nothing as huge or series-important as Shamy sexual congress (time for a different term) would be---an equal in a way to a Leonard & Penny wedding. I think they each deserve their own separate episode where the subject can shine without being eclipsed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I'm not sure how a Lenny wedding equals Shamy coitus. As someone mentioned earlier a Lenny wedding has been eight years in the waiting. It was suggested in the first episode ever on the air. Many diehard Lenny fans have been waiting for it since. Shamy on the other hand if I understand correctly is a "relationship of the mind". Coitus then should not really be important. I must be missing something.

• Like 5

It seems now that the shamy is the main couple and they haven't even got to second base yet to me it is a stretch for them to get engaged and married before a couple that have know each for 8 years. But the writers are in love with shamy Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

They already let engage and get married Howard and Bernadette before the main couple, after how long? Like two year long relationship. I could understand the need to be first as a first couple, but I don't understand the difference with being second or third. Also I think even writers would agree if I'll say that measuring progress of this particular relationship by number of bases they've reached is impossible, they've been as far away from conventional  as one can get. Plus incomparable to Lenny - unable to "compete" by comparing through same standards.

I don't know why there even would have to be need to "stamp" some couple as main. Some can relate more to Lenny, some to Shamy, Howardette and so on. Sometime Lenny had more focus or Shamy or Howardette, while choosing I guess from the stage the relationship is in and need most to push things forward. But that doesn't mean couples are taking anything away from the other. Even screen time. It's not like Shamy had twenty minutes for themselves. By that logic they would also have to love more Penny's career, Howard and Bernadette, Stuart's  "coupling" with Debbie or whatever had more attention than Lenny this year. 

• Like 1

I generally like the interaction of all the characters. It's not a competition....it's a brillant sitcom, period (I hope..):shy:

• Like 1

You could say the same thing that it's not a competition if Shamy doesn't have coitus. I think in both cases Lenny and shamy fans would be disappointed.

legacy 99 clearly stated it was a matter of time frame, not the event itself. So by comparing this situation by the same standards and under assumption those events hold the same weight for us, yes, I don't care if coitus will be before of after Lenny's wedding. But to in one case assuming one fan would hold the same disappointed by not having what he wanted at all, while the other would actually get it, but was second, and that holds exactly the same amount of disappointment for both parts is kind of shortsighted. 

I'm not sure how a Lenny wedding equals Shamy coitus. As someone mentioned earlier a Lenny wedding has been eight years in the waiting. It was suggested in the first episode ever on the air. Many diehard Lenny fans have been waiting for it since. Shamy on the other hand if I understand correctly is a "relationship of the mind". Coitus then should not really be important. I must be missing something.

Not every person thinks of it as purely a relationship of the mind, and relationsip based mostly on the mind does not have to exclude physical intimacy. No, you do not understand it correctly, you are trying change the facts so they would fit your view, not the other way around. You just can't stand the show being anything else but Lenny and that is it.

Chrismo, I think that the main difference is that out of the people who suggested that, none cherry picks (as opposed to your attitude towards Shamy), none uses every opportunity to make Lenny ship somehow look bad (as opposed to your attitude towards Shamy), neither has anyone suggested or tried diminishing some of their previous special moments such as ILY (as opposed to some of your posts).

But if you want to continue taking every comment that is not all LENNY LENNY LENNY as an attack on your ship, go ahead. At least I get a good laugh out of it. 

I'm not looking to take anything away from it.

I'm looking to add something to it.

As the biggest Shamy shipper of the gang, I think Penny would be blown away, to know that the Shamy had finally bumped ugglies. 

And you would be totally wrong because the only person that can almost see nothing else but Shamy is you. The fact that Shamy may have coitus in the same episode as Lenny wedding takes away from it. And if we're watching a Lenny wedding, who the hell cares about Shamy coitus? Also when the time comes for Shamy to have coitus nobody's going to be paying attention to any other mayor thing. So, your theory that it would add something doesn't work. It would actually detract from both events, having to share it's importance. not to mention that in the great scheme of things a Lenny wedding is much more important than Shamy coitus. Finally, if Penny is getting married to Leonard, I don't think she would give a rat's ass about the fact that Sheldon and Amy might or might not have sex.

That way I can also say that you can see nothing but Lenny but whatever...

And Mislav, you would also be wrong. If you want to answer to my post try reading it first. If you do so, you will see that my issue is not with either a Lenny wedding or Shamy coitus , just that one would not add to the other, but actually subtract. IMO you CANNOT have 2 events that are so important in the same episode, because it doesn't make any sense. Of course I care more about the Lenny wedding, but that's not what my post was about, so...your appreciation of my post is wrong.

Not every person thinks of it as purely a relationship of the mind, and relationsip based mostly on the mind does not have to exclude physical intimacy. No, you do not understand it correctly, you are trying change the facts so they would fit your view, not the other way around. You just can't stand the show being anything else but Lenny and that is it.

It is amazing to me how wrong you can be, and how often . What Chrismo says is correct, since you cannot equate a Lenny wedding to Shamy coitus as one is not as special as the other, nor will it ever be. This is a show about scientists. Lets apply not physics, but  mathematics: In an ideal case you only marry once ( or at most a handful of times), but you will have coitus many, many, many times; therefore, marrying someone is way more special than having coitus with that person.

• Like 6

Carlos, you accused Stephen of seeing almost nothing else but Shamy. Judging by your posts in general I think that you see almost nothing else but Lenny. That was the point of my reply to you. If you could have stated such a thing I don't see why I couldn't. 

And it is incredible how you continue twisting the facts. Chrismo flat out stated that, in his opinion, Shamy relationship is relationship of the mind and therefore coitus shouldn't be important. Not important at all, in their relationship, not less important than the wedding. I disagreed, and that was the point of my reply to Chrismo: I've explained my disagreement. 

Its not a competition but we have been waiting 8 years for it and now it seems like the writers are blowing it off and just concentrateing on shamy Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Its not a competition but we have been waiting 8 years for it and now it seems like the writers are blowing it off and just concentrateing on shamy

I'm not sure some realize there was a show before Shamy.

• Like 5

Its not a competition but we have been waiting 8 years for it and now it seems like the writers are blowing it off and just concentrateing on shamy

I am not sure some realize that the show is not all about Lenny, or Penny wearing a bikini.

Edited by Mislav
  • Like 1

Its not a competition but we have been waiting 8 years for it and now it seems like the writers are blowing it off and just concentrateing on shamy Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I think I can assure you just focusing on something else is not an indicator of blowing something which was build for last eight years. They were concentrating more on Shamy this year, but they also were on Lenny in the past and other characters had less, but it never stayed like that. Seems like writers already set a plot for them (even if very unfortunate IMO), if something positive can be still found in the finale at least it shows writers still gave them A plot, which shows they are still important  and set a drama for them to follow in S9. At least that shows they are indeed interested in writing for them. Even if quality can be questionable. 

Seems like you're assuming something nobody really implied. Maybe a couple is crucial factor for your enjoyment with the show but a lot of us (including both Lenny and Shamy fans) are fans for other aspects as well. And many of us really did watched before, and are watching earlier seasons now too. And there were/is various reasons for it. Lenny is not something which makes the show.  As much as Shamy is not either. 

• Like 1

Someone else here stated that if the writers break the Lenny up again that they would be done with bbt my feeling exactly Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In an ideal case you only marry once ( or at most a handful of times), but you will have coitus many, many, many times; therefore, marrying someone is way more special than having coitus with that person.

But you only ever lose your virginity once, and both Sheldon and Amy will be losing theirs to each other, which is going to be a pretty special thing for both of them.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

The writers have never said or denied they are virgins especially Amy we do not know much about her background. Until the writers say otherwise all speculations. Don't forget she has a what's his name again. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The writers have never said or denied they are virgins especially Amy we do not know much about her background. Until the writers say otherwise all speculations. Don't forget she has a what's his name again. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

"Imagine trying to feel like a grown up when you've never even been with a man."

• Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic