In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Tensor

The writers have never said or denied they are virgins especially Amy we do not know much about her background. Until the writers say otherwise all speculations. Don't forget she has a what's his name again. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

"Imagine trying to feel like a grown up when you've never even been with a man."

I don't know. I never been or ever wanted to be with a man. So no don't know what you mean. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The writers have never said or denied they are virgins especially Amy we do not know much about her background. Until the writers say otherwise all speculations. Don't forget she has a what's his name again. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

"Imagine trying to feel like a grown up when you've never even been with a man."

I don't know. I never been or ever wanted to be with a man. So no don't know what you mean. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Amy's quote from 7x14. Followed by Penny's response :"Okay, sex is not what makes you grown up." 

Other which came to my mind, from 7x04 :

Sheldon : "What's it? Good? "
Amy: "I enjoyed it. When you told me I was going to be losing my virginity I didn't think you meant showing me 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' for the first time. "

• Like 1

Amy's quote from 7x14. Followed by Penny's response :"Okay, sex is not what makes you grown up." 

Amy: "I enjoyed it. When you told me I was going to be losing my virginity I didn't think you meant showing me 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' for the first time. "

But wasn't that Amy being sarcastic in 7.04. You can't really take that as proof. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The writers have never said or denied they are virgins especially Amy we do not know much about her background.

Actually, I think we do know that Amy is a virgin.

From The Toast Derivation:-

Bernadette: Pick out the hottest guy in the room, take him home, do unspeakable things to him, then kick him to the curb with a smile on his face and teeth marks on his heinie?

Penny: More or less.

Amy: What’s that like?

Also, making a joke, doesn't seriously challenge tallin's pretty compelling evidence.

First of all, yes they have established that Amy is a virgin.  In the one with James Earl Jones in Season 7....the girls are in a hotel tea room (or whatever the hell it was) and she says, ".....Imagine feeling like a grown-up when you've never even been with a man."   

And as for Sheldon the never flat out stated that he's a virgin but all indicators point that he is.  He said he's never kissed a girl except his mom, MeeMaw and sister during The Disection Agreement.  I can't imagine he's had sex with one but never kissed one.  On top of that, he doesn't like germs and being touched.  And like he told Penny when he told the gang about he & Amy having a child together....."why on earth would we have sex?"  And "it's messy and unsanitary."

And no she doesn't have a fiancé in wherever he is.  The writers have stated that was a one time joke and get sick of being asked about it to the point they wish they never made the joke in the first place.  And knowing Amy, she probably just misunderstood just like she did when she thought Leonard had fallen in love with her at the wedding they went to.

• Like 2

In an ideal case you only marry once ( or at most a handful of times), but you will have coitus many, many, many times; therefore, marrying someone is way more special than having coitus with that person.

But you only ever lose your virginity once, and both Sheldon and Amy will be losing theirs to each other, which is going to be a pretty special thing for both of them.

Agreed. And sorry about that post, I think I accidentally copy pasted  Chrismo's statement LOL this new forum "design" is complicated.

But wasn't that Amy being sarcastic in 7.04. You can't really take that as proof. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I could, even if I really don't have to because I think my previous quote is more than enough proof. Also on a first date Sheldon asks her how many sexual interactions she had and she asks if experiments with electrodes counts, which I think showed she didn't had any real intercourse, because she would have no reason not to tell. 

Edited by tallin

I was talking about her sex toy. But talking about the one time joke so all the stuff about penny sleeping around must be a one time joke as well as they were all in different episodes and was never mentioned again. Yes. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If it had been mentioned multiple times, it is no longer a one time joke, and masturbating with a sex toy doesn't equal losing your virginity (although her hymen is probably broken by now, but you are a virgin until you have sex).

• Like 1

I could, even if I really don't have to because I think my previous quote is more than enough proof. Also on a first day Sheldon asks her how many sexual interactions she had and she asks if experiments with electrodes counts, which I think showed she didn't had any real intercourse, because she would have no reason not to tell. 

Come on are you really going to tell someone on your first date how many sexual encounters you've had. But I guess with sheldon and Amy they do things differently. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I could, even if I really don't have to because I think my previous quote is more than enough proof. Also on a first day Sheldon asks her how many sexual interactions she had and she asks if experiments with electrodes counts, which I think showed she didn't had any real intercourse, because she would have no reason not to tell. 

Come on are you really going to tell someone on your first date how many sexual encounters you've had. But I guess with sheldon and Amy they do things differently. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

While Amy was in that time just as socially clueless, brutally honest and uninterested in romantic/sexual relationship as Sheldon, I don't see why not. 

Edited by tallin

I could buy that. But I don't trust the writers they seem to forget episodes so what makes you think at a later date it comes out one of them isn't or even both. I hope not but it's a posibility with tptb. As a lenny shipper we have gone through a lot of shit as I'm sure you know. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Come on are you really going to tell someone on your first date how many sexual encounters you've had.

If she's OK with admitting she's had 128 orgasms, via electrical stimulation of the pleasure centers, then probably yes.

Maybe that's why I don't connect with Shamy. I just don't understand them. But it is a fascinating relationship. Please don't take this the wrong way. But I like normality. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

What exactly is normality?

Normal relationship, everyday relationship. I have never met a couple like Shamy so that's why I said it was fascinating. But just can't relate to it. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ah, tonstar17. Now I see what this argument is all about. 

I'm out. 

Just saw your post. It's not an argument. It's a discussion. That's how i see it anyway. But feel free to call it what you want. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ok new rule for this silly new forum update....how about when it's an ongoing discussion, no more quoting.  It can get down right hard to read and follow.  I say we just jump into it without quoting multiple people.  Or at least until it gets fixed.

• Like 3

Ok new rule for this silly new forum update....how about when it's an ongoing discussion, no more quoting.  It can get down right hard to read and follow.  I say we just jump into it without quoting multiple people.  Or at least until it gets fixed.

Im down with that. yeah it's really frustrating the posts are all over the place. Agreed. Opps sorry just quoted. :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The writers have never said or denied they are virgins especially Amy we do not know much about her background.

Actually, I think we do know that Amy is a virgin.

From The Toast Derivation:-

Bernadette: Pick out the hottest guy in the room, take him home, do unspeakable things to him, then kick him to the curb with a smile on his face and teeth marks on his heinie?

Penny: More or less.

Amy: What’s that like?

Also, making a joke, doesn't seriously challenge tallin's pretty compelling evidence.

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but hasn't she mentioned she has abused "Gerard" on numerous occasions? It isn't clear in which ways she has abused it, so...

• Like 1

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic