[Spoilers]Shipping Lanes: Season 9

Also why would they put Sheldon and Penny together, the average fan isn't a shipper and the ones that are, are mostly Shamy shippers than anything else, with Lenny shippers being second.  Why would TPTB alienate all those shippers to please a few Shenny shippers?

Excatly, in what universe will a wife not support her husband when she know how he feels about something and get angry and not take his side. Only in the tptb world. What piss me of also is why Leonard forgave her and we will never know because they ended up sleeping in the same bed. If I was Leonard I will be truly fucked off and penny will be sleeping in her own bed.

#freeleonard.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lenny got screwed, not just with the wedding, but with the events leading up to and the aftermath. I don't think that it is a terrible idea in theory for Leonard to have slipped, feel terrible about i

I know this might be a ca-ray-zeee idea but can we like not have a Shenny panic attack every time Sheldon and Penny have a scene together or Jim dares to say that he likes -gasp!- working with Kaley!?

Sheldon does depend too much on Lenny as parental figures, but the ironic thing is that I think Lenny also depend a great deal on Sheldon. They kind of use him to not have to deal with issues in their

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Also why would they put Sheldon and Penny together, the average fan isn't a shipper and the ones that are, are mostly Shamy shippers than anything else, with Lenny shippers being second.  Why would TPTB alienate all those shippers to please a few Shenny shippers?

Because Sheldon and Penny are two of the most popular characters among the general audience?

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

The simple answer is money when renagotions come up they push to keep the two most popular charecter and get new minions not only do they get the Sheldon show but lower acting costs and money is their bottom line now not story

They believe the casuals wouldn't care as long as they get Penny and Sheldon wackiness every week and they may well be right

Edited by JE7
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, JE7 said:

The simple answer is money when renagotions come up they push to keep the two most popular charecter and get new minions not only do they get the Sheldon show but lower acting costs and money is their bottom line now not story

They believe the casuals wouldn't care as a ng as they get Penny and Sheldon wackiness every week and they may well be right

That doesn't make sense, they paid one million a show for a cast of six with Friends and one million then was worth a lot more than now.  

• Like 1

OMG, This is thread is so funny. I think none of the cast members, especially Jim, Johnny and Kaley NEED to work for money after the show. Lucky !! But realistically, Jim seems to be  annoyed and less enthusiastic out  of all about continuing the show. I can understand coz playing the same character can be depressing, since he is an acting geek. I loved  Jim in the Normal Heart( Ryan Murphy's award winning movie) and also the same show on Broadway. I was happy he got an  Emmy nomination for it. I also saw his hit broadway show last summer since I live in NYC. I'd love if Jim  after TBBT,  moves to NYC for Broadway fulltime- really cool for me. 

As for Johnny and Mayim, I admit, I haven't really watched their previous shows since I was too young when they aired lol and haven't seen any re-runs, but I'm sure they were great. There is no need to put down any cast member just because people are not happy with the direction the show is taking.

Edited by Serena_nyc1995
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, camelliayao said:

I'm not criticizing the characters here but can I say Penny comes as a little odd to me regarding Sheldon theses days...

I think Sheldon's attitude towards Penny is consistent. She is a mother/sister figure to him. I don't see anything beyond that from his behavior. Even in the latest episode, the thing that Amy's jealous of is Penny can get Sheldon to take medicine. That's something Sheldon's mother would do.

But Penny? I don't know how to describe it but she seems overly enthusiastic when it comes to Sheldon, especially compared with her indifference attitude towards Leonard. I'm not talking about the latest episode, but this whole season. She forgot her own husband's birthday. However, when it comes to Sheldon's birthday, she prepared everything. She even got a little nervous because she was afraid they would be behind schedule.

When Sheldon comes to Penny for help, Penny's suggestions usually don't help much. Like in The Comic Book Store Regeneration or The Celebration Experimentation, Penny's comfort didn't make Sheldon feel better. On the contrary, when Penny comes to Sheldon, she usually finds his suggestions helpful.

And it makes me wonder where the writers are going with this. If they keep portraying Penny like this, it's only a matter of time that Penny finally finds out she's happier with Sheldon and maybe we'll get another "Penny&Raj waking up in the same bed", only this time it's Sheldon.

I don't know if I agree with this. Granted, I do agree that TPTB being TPTB and loving to throw stuff into episodes on a whim just because it's shocking (and especially because they now seem to be obsessed with cliffhangers for cliffhangers sake, like they're The Walking Dead instead of a sitcom), I could most definitely see a scenario like some suggested that ends the season casting doubt over Shenny (drunk kiss, them waking up in bed together?), only to then attempt to sweep it under the rug next season like with everything else, but I don't think that they are literally *planning* anything of the sort, let alone trying to imply Penny is falling for Sheldon. I mean, as much as Shenny have become extremely mellow compared to the antagonism they used to have, the evidence suggesting Penny thinks of Sheldon as nothing more than a quirky brother is massive in canon. It would be just bizarre to see her fall for Sheldon and I don't think they're suggesting that. 

Also, keep in mind that for the over-enthusiastic moments they've had with them this season, there's an equal amount of moments where Penny was irritated by living with this "man child named Sheldon" and tried to get out of spending time with him (Thanksgiving) or was intrigued by ways to make him disappear (mentioning his birthday). So... yes, she's most definitely there for him in times of need, but I don't think it's for romantic reasons.

I also wanted to say that the whole thing that Sheldon needs to be forced to take his own medicines is so OOC I don't even know where to start. It's possibly the most OOC thing that's ever been suggested about Sheldon! The man is a hypocondriac with a stocked medicine cabinet, willing to take Imodium every day in order not to use public toilets on a train, forces people to cover him in vaporub whenever he's sick and who takes antibiotics when someone sneezes in the apartment. And they want me to believe he needs to be forced to take his medicine?! WTF.

1 hour ago, nibbler747 said:

That's a spicy comment to start off the morning!  I say maybe it could happen except for the fact that it would completely destroy Sheldon and Leonards friendship. I just don't think TPTB would do that.

Not only Sheldon and Leonard's friendship, but Penny and Amy's as well as permanently damaging both couples. TPTB would seriously have to be out of their mind if they think they could ever write themselves out of this (or equally a Leonard/Amy stint), and lose all credibility. Not to mention it goes essentially against everything we have ever known about Sheldon, and would send the most horrible of messages if you have him so far show no interest in frumpy awkward Amy sexually and then he ends up in bed with the hot blonde. 

47 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

This is tptb we are talking about. They will make Leonard forgive them both and probably give them his blessing or if it's a one night stand like Jim wishes. They will make Leonard forgive penny. So I wouldn't put it past them. The only obstacles is that I don't think tptb will go there while they are married but the way things are going Lenny maybe heading for a separation that could make it happen. I can see some of camelli point I have even noticed it myself and it kinda looks like penny is falling for Sheldon because I don't buy this brother/sister/mother thing because they are making it too sexual for sibbling and they are not related. It's seems like a way of putting us of the scent while they keep slowly testing the audience to see their reactions and how far they can go before they drop the bombshell if that's where tptb is heading with this.

I don't know where you see anything sexual between them?? Like I said to camelliayo, I see the bond and the sweetness but I don't see it as anything sexual at all. Again, I agree with you that I wouldn't put anything past the writers, but so far I only see platonic familial feelings between them.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Cindi May said:

I don't think they'll ever go there , to the point of sleeping together...but if something will ever happen between P and S I think it would be a  drunk kiss in a moment of confusion/tensions with Leonard and Amy. And maybe later they'll realize it was a mistake, that they don't want this thing to ruin their friendship... Something like that. Nothing that would create too much problems for future developments for the canon couples (Lenny and Shamy)

I could totally see the show doing this.  

• Like 3

@koops. Well each for their own. We know the reason why Amy supported Leonard. But what was the reason given for penny supporting Sheldon. None. She got angry with Leonard because he refused to go a meeting. This just doesn't make any sense to me. Why all of a sudden penny care so much about Sheldon RA than her husband feeling risking her marriage. I'm sorry something is brewing and its not looking good for lenny. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:

I could totally see the show doing this.  

How is that any different from them sleeping together? I don't see any affection from Sheldon towards Penny other than him considering her as a mother figure for now. As soon as the writers take this to the next friendship/romance level, it'll totally ruin Shamy and Lenny and Shelnard and Amy&Penny, regardless of them actually sleeping together or not. So either they never cross the line or Shenny end up together. I don't see a third option.

Leonard is paranoid that he isn't good enough for Penny and she will eventually leave him for someone more like herself (well he was repeatedly during the time they were boyfriend and girlfriend, has that changed since marriage? I dunno). With that being considered a Sheldon and Penny kiss or more would mean no going back for them IMO and his relationship with Sheldon. I just don't think he could ever get over that.

It's interesting to speculate and consider what if's but I am extremely confident this type of storyline will not happen.

21 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

@koops. Well each for their own. We know the reason why Amy supported Leonard. But what was the reason given for penny supporting Sheldon. None. She got angry with Leonard because he refused to go a meeting. This just doesn't make any sense to me. Why all of a sudden penny care so much about Sheldon RA than her husband feeling risking her marriage. I'm sorry something is brewing and its not looking good for lenny. I hope I'm wrong.

Just because Jim said he wants Sheldon to have a one-night stand with Penny, does not mean the writers will actually make that happen Lol. Doesn't matter if S/P are the most popular characters. If they hooked up, they would be like those bizzare pseudo step siblings/friends from Cruel Intentions--imagine Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillipe lol. Haha. I mean, thats just messed up.Lol

If TBBT has taught us anything, its that the writers have never been risk takers, they love to maintain the status quo. So nothing will happen to Lenny or Shamy(they just got back together, so don't think they should  focus on Shamy fights too much). I admit  Penny has been kinda dismissive/mean to Leonard since season 6/7. And I want some sweetness between Sheldon and Amy. But there is absolutely 0 reason to freak out.

Edited by Serena_nyc1995

11 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

It's in the taping report....Amy tells Leonard that Penny uses her friendship with Sheldon to get him to make "Penny desired" changes to the RA.  She manipulates him and Leonard fussing about not wanting to go to the RA meeting was throwing a monkey wrench into her Sheldon-controlling system. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SRAM said:

That doesn't make sense, they paid one million a show for a cast of six with Friends and one million then was worth a lot more than now.  

Apples and oranges my friend diffrent show, cast producers and most importantly a diffrent time. TBBT current ratings would suck next to friends in its day

• Like 1

Just because Jim said he wants Sheldon to have a one-night stand with Penny, does not mean the writers will actually make that happen Lol. Doesn't matter if S/P are the most popular characters. If they hooked up, they would be like those bizzare pseudo step siblings/friends from Cruel Intentions. Haha

If TBBT has taught us anything, its that the writers have never been risk takers, they love to maintain the status quo. So nothing will happen to Lenny or Shamy(they just got back together, so don't think they'll focus on them too much). Though Penny has been kinda dismissive to Leonard since season 6/7. And I want some sweetness between Sheldon and Amy. But there is absolutely 0 reason to freak out.

There are interviews in the past with Jim saying he wants this and that in the show and it has happened like him saying he would love for Sheldon to have a girlfriend, that happened and some others that I can't remember. Not saying it will happen but the possibilities are there. Not paranoid just saying what I have seen so far this season and lennys marriage is not healthy and the recent TR just proved it.

It's in the taping report....Amy tells Leonard that Penny uses her friendship with Sheldon to get him to make "Penny desired" changes to the RA.  She manipulates him and Leonard fussing about not wanting to go to the RA meeting was throwing a monkey wrench into her Sheldon-controlling system. 

I guess that's another way of seeing it but to be honest I didn't see it that way and if penny had said that then it wouldn't be so bad but that could be Amy just speculating on the reason. I don't know. I have to see how it plays out when it airs.

14 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

If you ask me, I think that whole episode sounds like a massive pile of illogical nonsense. 

1) If Amy is so jealous of Sheldon and Penny's closeness (and where does that come from out of nowhere, at this particular point in their relationship?!), why would she side with Leonard, thereby creating a scenario where Sheldon and Penny side with each other?! If anything, she should try to drive a wedge between Sheldon and Penny, not between herself and Sheldon, which is essentially what she ended up doing! 

2) Indeed, why is Penny all of a sudden a huge fan of the RA to the point that she gets into an argument with Leonard about it? She was ranting to Dr Gallo 6 episodes prior that she's fed up with the man child she's living with and being fined extra for toilet paper and now suddenly she's all over meetings and negotiating things with Sheldon? 

And that's just ignoring the rest of the nonsense like Amy suddenly faking liking bureaucracy all these years, Sheldon refusing to take medicines, Penny being into comic book questions, etc etc.

All in all, I agree with those who say that it's incredibly unlikely that the writers are brewing any sudden Shenny romance out of this. Incoherent writing? Sure. Frustrating writing that doesn't put the couples in a good light? Sure. Could they wake up the morning of the finale and decide to pull Shenny out of their rear ends? Sure. But masterminding some HIMYM twist all along? Unlikely. Also, I wouldn't put a lot of weight in Jim's comment. It was a game where he was asked what character would he like his character to have a one-night stand with. He couldn't have a one-night stand with Amy so that, if we go by the assumption Sheldon's straight, leaves Penny and Bernadette. His answer seems pretty straightforward to me in that context and, really, no more than a joke. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

How is that any different from them sleeping together? I don't see any affection from Sheldon towards Penny other than him considering her as a mother figure for now. As soon as the writers take this to the next friendship/romance level, it'll totally ruin Shamy and Lenny and Shelnard and Amy&Penny, regardless of them actually sleeping together or not. So either they never cross the line or Shenny end up together. I don't see a third option.

Penny as Sheldon's loyal sidekick the Robin to his batman and the stars of the new Sheldon show coming to CBS fall 2017

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

Just because Jim said he wants Sheldon to have a one-night stand with Penny, does not mean the writers will actually make that happen Lol. Doesn't matter if S/P are the most popular characters. If they hooked up, they would be like those bizzare pseudo step siblings/friends from Cruel Intentions--imagine Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Phillipe lol. Haha. I mean, thats just messed up.Lol

If TBBT has taught us anything, its that the writers have never been risk takers, they love to maintain the status quo. So nothing will happen to Lenny or Shamy(they just got back together, so don't think they should  focus on Shamy fights too much). I admit  Penny has been kinda dismissive/mean to Leonard since season 6/7. And I want some sweetness between Sheldon and Amy. But there is absolutely 0 reason to freak out.

that's why I don't think they'll go there...they don't want to risk. I think you're right.

45 minutes ago, koops said:

Not only Sheldon and Leonard's friendship, but Penny and Amy's as well as permanently damaging both couples. TPTB would seriously have to be out of their mind if they think they could ever write themselves out of this (or equally a Leonard/Amy stint), and lose all credibility. Not to mention it goes essentially against everything we have ever known about Sheldon, and would send the most horrible of messages if you have him so far show no interest in frumpy awkward Amy sexually and then he ends up in bed with the hot blonde. 

I don't know where you see anything sexual between them?? Like I said to camelliayo, I see the bond and the sweetness but I don't see it as anything sexual at all. Again, I agree with you that I wouldn't put anything past the writers, but so far I only see platonic familial feelings between them.

I totally agree with you @koops it would destroy everything that was built and the credibility of the characters.  I don't get a romantic vibe between them either.  I just don't trust Chuck Lorre though not to go the route of Sheldon ending up with the "hot blonde"

28 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Just to be clear I totally don't want TPTB to take this route.  But if they have a desire for this pairing (which sometimes it feels like they do) I think they'd take that route.  Both couples fighting, Sheldon and Penny commiserating together resulting in a kiss.  Ultimately I think both parties would decide it was a mistake and going back to their respective partners.  I think that is how TPTB would solve their "itch" for Shenny.

i would absolutely hate to see that though.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Leonard is paranoid that he isn't good enough for Penny and she will eventually leave him for someone more like herself (well he was repeatedly during the time they were boyfriend and girlfriend, has that changed since marriage? I dunno). With that being considered a Sheldon and Penny kiss or more would mean no going back for them IMO and his relationship with Sheldon. I just don't think he could ever get over that.

It's interesting to speculate and consider what if's but I am extremely confident this type of storyline will not happen.

I think if it was a kiss in a moment when they had a lot of problems or even not together Leonard will forgive them both after a while. Maybe they could use how Penny forgave him for Mandy and married him anyway. I'm sure they would find a solution for forgettin about everything later.

27 minutes ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

If TBBT has taught us anything, its that the writers have never been risk takers, they love to maintain the status quo.

4.24 The Roommate Transmogrification.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, veejay said:

Theme.gif

Wow, this whole thread morphs into a silly Fan-Fiction. :icon_rolleyes:

just keep telling yourself that my friend, you may be able to keep believing it 

8 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:

I totally agree with you @koops it would destroy everything that was built and the credibility of the characters.  I don't get a romantic vibe between them either.  I just don't trust Chuck Lorre though not to go the route of Sheldon ending up with the "hot blonde"

Just to be clear I totally don't want TPTB to take this route.  But if they have a desire for this pairing (which sometimes it feels like they do) I think they'd take that route.  Both couples fighting, Sheldon and Penny commiserating together resulting in a kiss.  Ultimately I think both parties would decide it was a mistake and going back to their respective partners.  I think that is how TPTB would solve their "itch" for Shenny.

i would absolutely hate to see that though.

But that would be big time cheating between Sheldon and Penny.  Plus Penny is 'MARRIED', did everybody already forget all the crap about Leonard kissing Mandy when he wasn't even engaged?  

• Like 3

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic