The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

I'm trying to get a mental picture of Simon, Johnny and Kunal carrying a bound and gagged Jim. :icon_lol:

Something close to this...? :icon_cheesygrin:

parsons_toys.thumb.jpg.8233fe17d8d525a4c

• Like 9

I have always adored that picture....it won the photographer an award. 

• Like 1

Wow, so basically Amy's mom is a mean version of Sheldon's mom.  I wish they had mentioned Amy's father, but it's still nice to get more info about her mother.

I think that based upon what the show has presented Amy's mom is a case of religious fanaticism gone wrong with all the expected negative effects, namely stunted social growth, delayed development and general lack of survival tools. Amy's intellect has saved her in more ways than one. While Sheldon's mom is also a religious fanatic (as presented in the show) you can see that for the most part she's a kind hearted woman.

Ugh I hope not

I hope that worst case scenario, she changes it to "it's complicated". That way there's more hope for a rapid reconciliation.

That part I found a bit out of character and confusing as well.   Penny has always been a huge Shamy-shipper.  So why she insisted Amy tell her mother (who she is NOT close to and she knew her mother was not exactly "nice" at times) and when Amy hemmed and hawed...she took the phone and did it...I just don't understand Penny's rationale for that.

I don't think Penny's doing it to be mean to Amy, and as you say she IS a big Shamy shipper. I think that in this case she was trying to help her friend do something that she (Penny) perceived she (Amy) wanted to do but couldn't because of her insecurities. I think Penny is well intentioned even if she ends up doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.

• Like 4

Shamy break up getting dragged on even more. 

Amy's mother turning out to be borderline abusive (really, did we need  a third horrible mother on the show?)
Amy getting locked in a closet again, which must have been traumatic for her while growing up, and that probably being played for laughs (similar to Leonard's story in "The Raiders Minimization", that I also disliked).
Penny probably getting drunk again (judging by her conversation with Amy's mother).
Leonard's bachelor party being diminished for the sake of a lazy comedy situations (wasn't a wedding bad enough)?
Four brilliant scientists having a subplot where they can't figure out how to change a car tyre.

You might be right on all counts, or you might not be right on any. But, as many other posters have said, why not reserve final judgment until after having seen the episode? I am not defending the writers, believe me. I'm a Lenny, so you can imagine that I didn't enjoy S8 too much. I think it's always best to watch an episode before being able to tell exactly how bad or good it might be. Most of the times, episodes have played better than the taping reports, with the exception of S8 finale which couldn't have been crappier. Up (or down) there with Itchy brain and Speckerman, (IMO)

• Like 2

You might be right on all counts, or you might not be right on any. But, as many other posters have said, why not reserve final judgment until after having seen the episode? I am not defending the writers, believe me. I'm a Lenny, so you can imagine that I didn't enjoy S8 too much. I think it's always best to watch an episode before being able to tell exactly how bad or good it might be. Most of the times, episodes have played better than the taping reports, with the exception of S8 finale which couldn't have been crappier. Up (or down) there with Itchy brain and Speckerman, (IMO)

I can't rate S8-24 as low as you. It seems like that episode was the catalyst to finally get Lenny married. And that's not bad in my book.

I can't rate S8-24 as low as you. It seems like that episode was the catalyst to finally get Lenny married. And that's not bad in my book.

Good for you. I watched it and thought it was OOC for Leonard and the kiss (but no need to go there) and in general thought it was total, pure unadulterated SHIT.

• Like 3

I'm not seeing the reason the Shamy break up NEEDS to be resolved any time soon. Someone concerned over Amy's mother who has been seen once on Skype. looking for the deep meaning of Amy being locked in the closet. Penny getting drunk again. (I'm having a hard time seeing that through my ipad) It seems to me the people at the taping enjoyed the show and thought it was funny.(Isn't that the point of the show?)They must be watching wrong

I'm not seeing the reason the Shamy break up NEEDS to be resolved any time soon. Someone concerned over Amy's mother who has been seen once on Skype. looking for the deep meaning of Amy being locked in the closet. Penny getting drunk again. (I'm having a hard time seeing that through my ipad) It seems to me the people at the taping enjoyed the show and thought it was funny.(Isn't that the point of the show?)They must be watching wrong

Give me one good reason they should drag out the Shamy Break up?

If they had 5+ seasons left, then yes, they had time for this BS.
Not anymore, there is much more potential in them together.

• Like 6

I have always adored that picture....it won the photographer an award. 

That's so cool! Do you know who took it? I'd love to read about it if that's available :)  

If they are together where is the suspense? And um... the URST? They are after a goal to shoot for, not a dream to live in. Lovely as Emily 2 may be, I don't think Raj can carry that whole load

Because they can. What's the need to get them back together even this season? potential for what? Coitus. Getting engaged. Marriage. It seems to me those things would need only a few episodes. IMO there has certainly been more BS in regards to Lenny than Shamy. 3 episodes broken up and some people are falling apart. I don't think you are going to get a ton of sympathy from Lenny fans after last season.

• Like 2

Because they can. What's the need to get them back together even this season? potential for what? Coitus. Getting engaged. Marriage. It seems to me those things would need only a few episodes. IMO there has certainly been more BS in regards to Lenny than Shamy. 3 episodes broken up and some people are falling apart. I don't think you are going to get a ton of sympathy from Lenny fans after last season.

Someday you will stop comparing Shamy to Lenny...

• Like 1

Someday you will stop comparing Shamy to Lenny...

I answered your question though. Disregard my last two lines if you want. 

it seems to me the real reason isn't the time element. Or the differences in the couples. Or there lacking of a reason for a break up. The real reason is you didn't want it to happen. replying to below.

Edited by Chrismo

That was early in the series seasons and they had more luxury of time on their hands to drag out the story then.   More important, Shamy are not Lenny.  The couples have very different ways of interacting.   Just because something worked one way for Lenny does not mean it would work for Shamy.  Both have completely differing ways of interacting and communicating, etc.   So I totally disagree with your assessment.  There really was no reason to even bring about a breakup period, but they went there.  There is no reason to drag it out for a full season or longer because they don't have the luxury of time on their hands anymore and there is a lot they still  could do with the couple given they are still very much "innocents".   So no, I disagree and honestly believe your opinion may have a very small minority of consensus on this one.

• Like 3

I answered your question though. Disregard my last two lines if you want. 

so if they some how break up Lenny (maybe there is more to the kiss) and only reconcile them at the end of the show, you wouldn't mind?

so if they some how break up Lenny (maybe there is more to the kiss) and only reconcile them at the end of the show, you wouldn't mind?

Since this would be their second and a half breakup, I don't think there would be a lot of Lenny fans around if they broke them up again.  

• Like 4

I'm sure how they could break up them  but if they did I wouldn't be happy I suppose. To me the end of the show is May episodes. I don't see the big deal IF? They waited to November sweeps next year. to get back together.

Thank you, batman!  It is always good to get multiple perspectives when we have that good fortune.  I am so glad you were able to go and have such a wonderful time and that your friend also got to have a wonderful time.   Thanks again for the report.

• Like 6

Thank you Batman! Always great to read info through various perspectives :)

• Like 1

DiD Dad kill the pig? No, the vet did that.

Gold!

Edited by Nogravitasatall
So busy laughing at this dad joke while travelling, I forgot to say thanks
  • Like 2