The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

it just seems a little strange since Lenny was the  main couple the first three season and had IMO more of the story lines would ignore that fact and point out That Simon was the 2nd top star.

The fact that they had more storylines doesn't mean they stood out more too.

Sheldon is the only main character on the show, and that is thanks to Jim.

He was by far the star of the first three seasons, out shining all of his cast members (although Simon shined too).

inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

• Like 6

By the way I have no statistical proof but if this thread is any proof males favorite couple is much more Lenny and females much more Shamy. That's if people have a favorite couple.

Are you trying to say that all males have to fall for the "hotness" that is Kaley, and therefor become a Lenny shipper?

Maybe some guys look for more then just a "hot" girl.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that when Sheldon sees this he will be forgetting about Amy for a while:

That's pretty cool.
But you know:
Leonard: "I swear, he is never ever playing with my helicopter."

:icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Are you trying to say that all males have to fall for the "hotness" that is Kaley, and therefor become a Lenny shipper?

Maybe some guys look for more then just a "hot" girl.

I guess that's true. But your the same one that thinks Simon was more of a star than Kaley and Johnny. Wouldn't it be easier to say you hate them? Also they had more story lines so that must mean they stood out more.

But you didn't really answer my question.  What is him being a male that is a Shamy fan supposed to "say"?

I'll give you s clue. It's probably not PC to say.

That's pretty cool.
But you know:
Leonard: "I swear, he is never ever playing with my helicopter."

:icon_biggrin:

You noticed this new one is a Millennium Falcon not just a quadcopter? Leonard does not have this bad boy.

Photo-2015-09-03-9-22-23-AM.jpg

edit

Best quote I have seen:

This sounds exactly like what Sheldon would say

from http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/drone360/2015/09/03/millennium-falcon-drone/#.Vek-E9JViko

Granted, this Millennium Falcon fits in your hand and is controlled by joysticks, but it flies. And it’s a Millennium Falcon.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 6

Fair enough, but if that is the case, I would venture a guess that it says more about you than him.

• Like 6

You noticed this new one is a Millennium Falcon not just a quadcopter? Leonard does not have this bad boy.

Yep! Just kidding, LOL

• Like 1

how fast does it go in parsecs?

A parsec is a distance.

(funny you should be bring that up since our astr1100 students do their parallax lab in a couple of weeks).

Anyway it goes fast enough as shown in the youtube video.

A parsec is a distance.

(funny you should be bring that up since our astr1100 students do their parallax lab in a couple of weeks).

Anyway it goes fast enough as shown in the youtube video.

any one who read sf as a kid knows that. Shame George didn't. LOL. I cringe everytime I hear that line about the Kessel run. And at Luke kissing his sister in Empire. *shudder* hehehe.

• Like 1

Fair enough, but if that is the case, I would venture a guess that it says more about you than him.

maybe so. But saying Simon was the 2nd biggest star says something about him.

• Like 1

That I am realist and not just looks to airtime or $$$ someone gets.

And also that I say what I think and not just make insinuations.

• Like 1

I think he meant that he believes Simon to be the second most talented.  He is not alone in the thought that Simon is one of the most talented actors on the show and many think he is underrated and has been deserving of an Emmy nod for a while.  

• Like 7

a male who's favorite couple is Shamy says it all to begin with. Then follows it up with the second shining star the first three seasons was creepy Howard is just plain laughable. If Jim was so much more valuable than the others he would be getting paid the most. He's not. If Mayim was so valuable 5 others wouldn't be getting more money than her. There's been talk on here that Shamy needs to get back together because how bad it is for them to be broken up. the real reason is if she's not with Sheldon is there any reason for her to be on the show? And people call me biased. LOL

Your stereotypes and frustration are laughable.

I guess that's true. But your the same one that thinks Simon was more of a star than Kaley and Johnny. Wouldn't it be easier to say you hate them? Also they had more story lines so that must mean they stood out more.

I weep for humanity.

• Like 1

any one who read sf as a kid knows that. Shame George didn't. LOL. I cringe everytime I hear that line about the Kessel run. And at Luke kissing his sister in Empire. *shudder* hehehe.

I remember going to see star wars in 1977 and I was not particularly impressed that day.  Except some of the stuff was real neat.

• The holographic chess,
  • R2D2's ability to link up with the Death Star  (George never imagined wi-fi and neither had I)
  • C3P0 being able to speak the Languages of different types of machines
  • The gun wells and cannons on the millennium falcon were amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBagc1Ww0_Y

I guess the TRS-80 came on the market that year but I had no money for a computer. I was saving for a car (my first car was used and just $150). Funny my kids all bought computers before cars. Me, well I still rather use an old junk computer someone cast off and a free operating system (Linux can keep an old computer going longer).

Now look where we are. Everyone is using computers and we are using them and the internet to talk about TBBT (a sitcom about a bunch of nerds). It is kind of ironic.

If only 1977 me could see me now I would not believe it.

Hoping for a big fat episode with references to star wars 7. I wonder if Penny and Amy will get roped into going to it.

• Like 3

Sheldon is the only main character on the show, and that is thanks to Jim.

He was by far the star of the first three seasons, out shining all of his cast members (although Simon shined too). 

what you said is not what he said. Although it's nice to you spoke for him I didn't realized people watched shows to see who got Emmys.. also he was speaking of the first three seasons  and now we are in season 9.

• Like 1

what you said is not what he said. Although it's nice to you spoke for him I didn't realized people watched shows to see who got Emmys.. also he was speaking of the first three seasons  and now we are in season 9.

which he are you referring too?

or did you mean to quote someone else?

I think he meant that he believes Simon to be the second most talented.  He is not alone in the thought that Simon is one of the most talented actors on the show and many think he is underrated and has been deserving of an Emmy nod for a while.  

what you said chiany wasn't what nickelette said about Simon.she said Simon may be the 2nd most talented. You suggested Simon shined the second most the first three seasons. It's not the same thing and IMO is not true. I tried to get your quote with hers but couldn't do it on my iPad mini.

Edited by Chrismo

I remember going to see star wars in 1977 and I was not particularly impressed that day.  Except some of the stuff was real neat.

• The holographic chess,
  • R2D2's ability to link up with the Death Star  (George never imagined wi-fi and neither had I)
  • C3P0 being able to speak the Languages of different types of machines
  • The gun wells and cannons on the millennium falcon were amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBagc1Ww0_Y

I guess the TRS-80 came on the market that year but I had no money for a computer. I was saving for a car (my first car was used and just $150). Funny my kids all bought computers before cars. Me, well I still rather use an old junk computer someone cast off and a free operating system (Linux can keep an old computer going longer).

Now look where we are. Everyone is using computers and we are using them and the internet to talk about TBBT (a sitcom about a bunch of nerds). It is kind of ironic.

If only 1977 me could see me now I would not believe it.

Hoping for a big fat episode with references to star wars 7. I wonder if Penny and Amy will get roped into going to it.

LOL, I can just picture the movie scene now, Sheldon's face full of wonder, next to him Amy with a bored look, then Howard his face full of wonder too as he watches, Bernadette disgusted she has to sit through it, finally Leonard with the same look of wonder as Howard and Sheldon, while Penny sleeps, her head on Leonard's shoulder.  You ask where is Raj, he is in the next movie with Emily watching 'Night of a thousand horrors'.

• Like 8

I guess you've been watching a different show to me. Jim, Kaley and Johnny worked extremely hard to get their characters dynamics to work, they have a chemistry that is irresistible to watch when they get the right material. Everything else evolved from that with Simon and Kunal bringing a lot of extra things to the show. Mayiam did have some lousy lines, but it's the chemistry between her and Jim that makes Shamy work. Sheldon in isolation simply wouldn't work, Jim needs the others to bounce off.

Simon's character has benefited greatly from Melissa's Bernadette, Creepy Howard was wearing thin. Hopefully the same thing will happen with Kunal, if they get the relationship between Raj and Emily right then Raj should get some interesting storylines and be less in the background.

That's the thing about this show, it's an ensemble cast that really does shine when they get good material to work from. I like how the writers don't always focus on the main 3, but lets things blossom between characters who don't usually interact much i.e. Simon and Mayiam.

The problem with the last season is the writers were more or less setting the show up for the extended run. With that out of the way, Season 9 should be much more interesting to watch.

...nothing more to say....

nailed_it.thumb.gif.9c6bf869b3ee62e4f435
:fi_lone_ranger:

• Like 8

I think both Taperoo and Chiany bring up good points that I agree with.

The actors always try to make the best out of the material they're given, to varying degrees of success. Sometimes a line that might not sound funny on a TR might sound hilarious if well-delivered by the actor. Also, a character usually needs another character to interact with in order to show off their personal charms. I doubt Sheldon would be as funny without Leonard or Penny to act as a straight man to him.

Aside from that, it would be better if the writers did more unusual pairings on a more frequent basis. There's a lot of freshness and potential there, and would really deepen the show's bonds.

• Like 2