The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

They probably actually began talks as far back as last Spring.  It takes sometimes a year and a half for negotiations to finally pan out.  It is never too early for the network to begin those negotiations when they know that something is coming.   So yes, I agree...they probably have already started them and have been well into them for a while.   I suspect that affected a lot of the writing as Lio stated above.   

I have not seen any info regarding those negociations at all so I'll just take it as fan speculation until articles begin to report it.

• Like 1

Nina Tassler, head of CBS said herself that they have no end-game for the show.  She implied that they were looking well beyond Season 10/11 so thus the "rumor-mill about negotiations".   However, I doubt that the rumors are that far off.   I am sure they have been talking for quite some time.   It takes a very long time for these things to work out.   

If the money is right...the actors will stay, as will the production staff.   Let's face it...even at $1Mil an episode, not many would walk away from that, especially when they know their character well, it is basically easy work for them and they are allowed plenty of time for other projects.   So I doubt they will have problems with the talent.

In all honesty though...my question is do they really have more story than beyond S11?   I personally would rather they go out of the show gracefully and not let it die in ratings because there is no story and they have to resort to the things mentioned above (having kids, marital issues, etc.) and lose its charm.   I already think S10 was a good ending spot to be honest...but now they kind of messed up Shamy and I hope they recover quickly from that and stick to a S10 ending.  I think more fans would feel that was appropriate given where the guys are now in their lives.

If people keep watching they will keep making them. Will they have a story? Gosh you might as well ask if si-fi pop culture and scientific enquiry are going anywhere. Don't know how much longer Leonard and Penny can stay in that old building now that they are married. I think the real question will be if the audience will follow and embrace changes to the story line since they will fall away if things are too static.

I think Shamy will quickly recover.

And how would Howard and Bernadette having a child be funny? Child abuse isn't funny.

There's no way of knowing they would abuse a child. Although most people laughed at Sheldon's physical abuse of Amy.

• Like 1

I think if Shamy had a child Sheldon would try to raise it the same way Leonard's mom raised him Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There's no way of knowing they would abuse a child. Although most people laughed at Sheldon's physical abuse of Amy.

when did Sheldon physical abuse Amy? Or better yet,  when has he abused her at all?

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 1

when did Sheldon physical abuse Amy? Or better yet,  when has he abused her at all?

the thanksgiving episode although I would have noticed the other comment about child abuse before mine. 

• Like 1

the thanksgiving episode although I would have noticed the other comment about child abuse before mine. 

I did.   It is just as ridiculous as your.   And you are seriously full of shit calling that physical absue.

And going back to the child abuse comment and Wolowitz's,  why would one think it possible much less inevitable they would abuse their children. 

At least once a week something on this board makes me shake my head in disbelief. 

• Like 3

And judging by Bernadette's behavior, she would probably be abusive towards her children. And comparing the event from Thanksgiving episode with a child abuse is really something.

Sheldon made a comment about Beverly's parenting once and admitted that he had enjoyed "normal" parts of her childhood. So saying that he will treat his children the same way is a laughable bs.

I am not going to get into,a whole discussion about what physical abuse is being a surviver of   It. However in my humble opinion this was not abuse but a rare playful,gesture from her boyfriend. Does she look mad?

image.jpg

• Like 3

And judging by Bernadette's behavior, she would probably be abusive towards her children. And comparing the event from Thanksgiving episode with a child abuse is really something.

Sheldon made a comment about Beverly's parenting once and admitted that he had enjoyed "normal" parts of her childhood. So saying that he will treat his children the same way is a laughable bs.
  • Like 1

Bernadette baby sat her siblings while she was younger. she doesn't like children but suggest she would abuser a child is sick.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

Actually I think Sheldon told Leonard how lucky he was to be raised that way Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Seriously is this what this thread has come to. Rambling about child abuse. It not funny and a very sensitive subject so please thread carefully. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

but it really isn't the same as before . I always laugh at people who argue with me when I say that this or that particular story arc doesn't seem organic or feels artificial , or is bad or lazy writing. They ask how I know and I always tell them the only thing they need to do is compare with how the show used to be written. I often reminisce about the Lenny of the earlier seasons.... Ah the good times....

In other words, the bolded part is based on a Nostalgia Filter.

With a side of truthiness, because it FEELS THAT WAY TO YOU.

How it USED TO BE written isn't necessarily proof one way or another that something is inorganic, artificial and/or bad/lazy writing.

• Like 2

Yes, legacy, once, years ago. Get over yourself.

And I am not kidding about Bernadette. She was already psychologically abusive towards other children.

Yes, legacy, once, years ago. Get over yourself.

And I am not kidding about Bernadette. She was already psychologically abusive towards other children.

What the hell show are you watching?

• Like 2

Both of their conversations were years ago so I don't know why you think you are the only one who knows how Sheldon thinks Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I am not going to get into,a whole discussion about what physical abuse is being a surviver of   It. However in my humble opinion this was not abuse but a rare playful,gesture from her boyfriend. Does she look mad?

image.jpg

I don't disagree with your opinion. Her reaction IMO is irrelevant. To be honest Sheldon touching her at that time anywhere was going to make her happy. But what he did can be taken other ways. But someone suggesting Bernadette abuses children without any proof  made me make that comparison.

On 7.9.2015 at 10:31 PM, Tonstar17 said:

Seriously is this what this thread has come to. Rambling about child abuse. It not funny and a very sensitive subject so please thread carefully. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

:icon_rolleyes:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 7

To change the subject does anyone think Sheldon will live the rest of his life in 4A Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

It's a sitcom, folks. I think people are reaching to make a point when they suggest there are sinister undercurrents to plots which are played for comedy.

Try to keep it light.

• Like 7

To change the subject does anyone think Sheldon will live the rest of his life in 4A Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

...after a long conversation with the guys, I say NO!

guys_laugh.thumb.gif.f1f92e55e3201b70d36
:shy:

• Like 1

...after a long conversation with the guys, I say NO!

guys_laugh.thumb.gif.f1f92e55e3201b70d36
:shy:

GASP!!! What has Bernadette done??? :icon_surprised:

How about the rest of the series. I can't help wondering if Sheldon will have a series of new room mates until they find a new breakout star. Someone young to refresh the series. Also if Lenny finds a new home they can cycle new young actors through 4B

edit

I'm thinking if they go beyond season 11.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

How about the rest of the series. I can't help wondering if Sheldon will have a series of new room mates until they find a new breakout star. Someone young to refresh the series. Also if Lenny finds a new home they can cycle new young actors through 4B

since everyone is under contract through season 10 I can't see it happening. One of the problems with the show now is fitting the characters they have now into each episode.

• Like 2