The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

There's a difference between telling people how to feel (which you and some others are the champions of, don't even try to deny it

Here I am denying it, not much you can do about it is there?

- and yes these "some others" also include Tensor, so honestly, seeing two people who do that on an almost daily basis arguing that they don't is hella rich)

As long as it's ABOUT the show (which it got back to UNTIL you changed the subject), I see no problem.

I'm telling you to stop being selfish and hijacking a post that is meant to be for everyone

You mean like how YOU HAVE BEEN hijacking this thread with your last four posts that are more about your own personal frustrations that have NOTHING to do with the show or its content?  I'm not sure you have much room to be telling people to not selfishly hijack a thread, when you've been doing that EVER SINCE you came in to this conversation.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Beyond that one of Sheldon's issues is that he does not really know how to act around people unless he is getting some coaching. Leonard and Penny were away and then having their own issue. Amy was wanting a little space so she was no help. We don't know yet but perhaps he misread advice from his mother. We won't know till it airs.

I don't really get why Amy can't be emotional. If Sheldon has urges, then so can Amy. It's more the obviousness of the deployment of the cliffhanger tropes that causes me discomfort. But if Sheldon and Amy want it to work they will make it work. That's the journey, complete with fabricated stops convenient for the bus drivers.

• Like 1

I don't really get why Amy can't be emotional. If Sheldon has urges, then so can Amy. It's more the obviousness of the deployment of the cliffhanger tropes that causes me discomfort. But if Sheldon and Amy want it to work they will make it work. That's the journey, complete with fabricated stops convenient for the bus drivers.

Amy does get emotional. I recall she took a swing at Bernadette once and got Penny in the nose.

The cliffhanger excess just goes with tv series way of doing things. Really it is just a hook to get people watching from the first episode of the next season. Part of the price of admission along with commercials. What's a fictional romance without bumps to overcome? Perhaps short.

Now please (bang) pass (bang)  the butter (bang)

....Not emotional my @%$.....

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

Amy does get emotional. I recall she took a swing at Bernadette once and got Penny in the nose.

The cliffhanger excess just goes with tv series way of doing things. Really it is just a hook to get people watching from the first episode of the next season. Part of the price of admission along with commercials. What's a fictional romance without bumps to overcome? Perhaps short.

Nothing is short these days. Trilogies become get delivered in four parts, The Hobbit becomes three films, plus weird-ass elves appear from nowhere. Take an idea and run it till it drops dead... and still we expect quality. Paradoxical. I guess it's price we pay. Art and commerce.

• Like 1

Uhm no. If it had happened post season seven, then your point would stand. But now it doesn't make sense. Heck, they barely had any arguments in season eight. They finally shared their first ILYs and made out.

By that logic, are we to assume that having a couple resolving their issues without breaking up is building up to a break up?

What's the point of making them break up if break ups hadn't been parts of the show for seasons up to now? It is a cheap, recycled ploy designed to stretch the show.

As for Bernadette, she didn't hesitate calling an eight year old a wuss over losing a game, and dared to do even though that was her boss's grandson! She assaulted Leonard over a scavenger hunt. She has stated multiple times that she doesn't want children. If the gender roles had been reversed, such things would have never made it to television and be played as comedy. 

I'm guessing had this happened in season 7 Shamy fans would have been up in arms over it then. They've been building upto this for a while, season 8 got in the way as the writers were setting things up for a longer run. Sheldon and Amy did not resolve any of their issues, Sheldon still clings to the relationship agreement and Amy wants things to get a lot more physical and has been constantly rebuffed by Sheldon. Amy reached her breaking point with Sheldon. The journey both characters are going on will be interesting to watch, as both have been rather static. Yes they've made out, Sheldon was going to pop the question. But the fundamental issue still lays with Sheldon's inability to grow up. For every step they've taken forward, Sheldon goes 2 or 3 steps back when the writers need some Sheldonesque comedy. 

As for Bernadette ? She's like that to everyone, regardless of age. You only have to look at how she got Penny a job interview. 

• Like 3

I see the report is done (thank Lord, it would take me hours to write it all, so thanks Trinabeana :D), but if anyone still has some questions, I can help as well :)

Aghhhh, I'm so sorry guys! I just read all the posts and now it's 2 weeks late. I thought I would have some time when I was writing this ^, but I was really busy with travelling around the US and then coming back home after 3 months, so I kinda forgot about this thread. :(
Anyway, I think Trina answered all your questions and probably even better than I would. :haha: 

I'm guessing had this happened in season 7 Shamy fans would have been up in arms over it then. They've been building upto this for a while, season 8 got in the way as the writers were setting things up for a longer run. Sheldon and Amy did not resolve any of their issues, Sheldon still clings to the relationship agreement and Amy wants things to get a lot more physical and has been constantly rebuffed by Sheldon. Amy reached her breaking point with Sheldon. The journey both characters are going on will be interesting to watch, as both have been rather static. Yes they've made out, Sheldon was going to pop the question. But the fundamental issue still lays with Sheldon's inability to grow up. For every step they've taken forward, Sheldon goes 2 or 3 steps back when the writers need some Sheldonesque comedy. 

As for Bernadette ? She's like that to everyone, regardless of age. You only have to look at how she got Penny a job interview. 

Season seven finale wasn't that much different than season eight finale. Shamy hitting a block due to Sheldon. So the ultimate resolution comes in season premiere. In season eight premiere, they got back together. In season nine premiere, they will get broken up. If the writers have been setting this up for a long run why do so now when the series is close to an end? And why would Shamy fans be less upset over Shamy breaking up in season seven finale but be fine with it now, keeping in mind in fact that Shamy barely had any problems in season eight and that they previously managed to get through Sheldon skipping town for forty five days without a break up-how is that a build up? They want Sheldon to develop throught that and then make him show another woman's bra in order to make Amy jealous? What kind of logic is that?

As for Bernadette, since she is acting that way, I doubt that she will treat her children better, or at least she won't be a good example. She has to get her act together.

For it to be OOC for Leonard to kiss another girl while he is in a relationship with someone else, Leonard has to of had an actual relationship to do it. Joyce Kim doesn't count because it was less then a month, and she was a spy using him to get information. Leslie Winkle was just a booty call, not a relationship at all. Dr. Stephanie was less then a month also, not much chance to cheat on her. Leonard then had his longest relationship, with Penny, 8 months in season 3. Next he had his second actual "long term" relationship with Priya. He ended up cheating on Priya with Alice. Some on this forum don't think it was cheating, but your opinion, and my opinion doesn't really matter because Leonard considered it cheating and he said so to Priya. What formally was OOC for Leonard to cheat, now is not the case. Next Leonard gets back together with Penny and kisses a girl on the boat. I find it not OOC any longer. So now Leonard has had three "long term" relationships, and cheated twice. Doesn't seem so OOC to me.

Ps: I'm not bashing Leonard, just to pointing out a fact. Leonard and Penny are my favorite characters.

But him keeping it a secret for 2 long years..... completely unbelievable.....this is the same leonard who screws up ....by putting his foot in his mount time and time again....

and according to your logic ..... he confesssed to priya straight away and suddenly he won't tell penny for 2 years.......

and we don't even get a hint for 2 years.....if there were any hints of leonard being nervous(he had to be) after coming back home from the trip.....and then we find out this happened ...would have been believable....

and apparently he told howard about it.....and bernadette also knew.....but willingly did not tell Sheldon about it because sheldon can't keep a secret..........yet he goes to buy engagement ring with Sheldon............ yeah not making a lot of sense......

but with what we got on the show and given how lame the wedding of *two main characters* seems to be..... I think the writers plan on getting them divorced...... with probably a revelation (new one probably) or next time leonard goes on a trip....he goes the whole way with another girl......who knows...

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

hi every one about 15 hours to go.

I will be here to help with the spoilers.

I WILL NOT BE IN THE CHAT ROOM.

Do you have a Twitter account or something like this, so that way we can have an idea of what happened before the real TR?

Do you have a Twitter account or something like this, so that way we can have an idea of what happened before the real TR?

2 people are getting a little something before I come in to the forum.

• Like 1

Nothing is short these days. Trilogies become get delivered in four parts, The Hobbit becomes three films, plus weird-ass elves appear from nowhere. Take an idea and run it till it drops dead... and still we expect quality. Paradoxical. I guess it's price we pay. Art and commerce.

And here comes the next generation of star wars complete with original cast older and a bit gray.

Can TBBT beat the odds and expand past 10 years? Does it really need to be tied off with a little bow?

Just hoping for a great S9.

• Like 1

But him keeping it a secret for 2 long years..... completely unbelievable.....this is the same leonard who screws up ....by putting his foot in his mount time and time again....

and according to your logic ..... he confesssed to priya straight away and suddenly he won't tell penny for 2 years.......

and we don't even get a hint for 2 years.....if there were any hints of leonard being nervous(he had to be) after coming back home from the trip.....and then we find out this happened ...would have been believable....

and apparently he told howard about it.....and bernadette also knew.....but willingly did not tell Sheldon about it because sheldon can't keep a secret..........yet he goes to buy engagement ring with Sheldon............ yeah not making a lot of sense......

but with what we got on the show and given how lame the wedding of *two main characters* seems to be..... I think the writers plan on getting them divorced...... with probably a revelation (new one probably) or next time leonard goes on a trip....he goes the whole way with another girl......who knows...

P_20years.thumb.gif.d4076c61d2476aed197c

:shy:

• Like 1

Season seven finale wasn't that much different than season eight finale. Shamy hitting a block due to Sheldon. So the ultimate resolution comes in season premiere. In season eight premiere, they got back together. In season nine premiere, they will get broken up. If the writers have been setting this up for a long run why do so now when the series is close to an end? And why would Shamy fans be less upset over Shamy breaking up in season seven finale but be fine with it now, keeping in mind in fact that Shamy barely had any problems in season eight and that they previously managed to get through Sheldon skipping town for forty five days without a break up-how is that a build up? They want Sheldon to develop throught that and then make him show another woman's bra in order to make Amy jealous? What kind of logic is that?

As for Bernadette, since she is acting that way, I doubt that she will treat her children better, or at least she won't be a good example. She has to get her act together.

It is still open ended till the plug is pulled.

Sheldon's crazy antics are typically intended to make people laugh about how "zanny" he is. Not everyone laughs at the same silliness.

I'm not answering about how people should feel. That is taboo.

• Like 1

.....I'm not answering about how people should feel. That is taboo.

LOL   :shy:

Just a couple of things isn't there something in the relationship agreement about breakups I'd be surprised if there weren't. Also Sheldon could tell Amy that Penny and him had decided he was the wise one of the group so she should just listen him. And please don't think I'm serious about the second part Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Also Sheldon could tell Amy that Penny and him had decided he was the wise one of the group so she should just listen him. 

LOL.  That would be funny, he would then have both Amy and Penny mad at him if he told Amy that.

• Like 1

Are we gonna get a script for next week?

Not yet, the table read for the next episode is tomorrow cuz they're taping 9.04 tonight.

Not yet, the table read for the next episode is tomorrow cuz they're taping 9.04 tonight.

I wondered when the next table read would be. Doesn't that mean they get one less day of rehearsal though? Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk