[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

What the hell is happening?

so now Sheldon is their dog again, Amy shows no signs that she still loves him.

Looks like Shamy is really done.

I blame Sheldon. He wants to wriggle in between Penny and Leonard. Words fail me... But we could try lame, inadequate, deficient, lacking, immature, childish, selfish, incompetent, incapable.... these are just off the top of my head, but the thesaurus is full of them.

edit: Why I bother I don't know. They are doing a reset to a new normal. Shamy is still likely to be fine in the long run. But this is another blatant contrivance. I hope it's convincing in performance. *head in hands*

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 6

I blame Sheldon. He wants to wriggle    in between Penny and Leonard. Words fail me... But we could try lame, inadequate, deficient, lacking, immature, childish, selfish, incompetent, lacking capacity.... these are just off the top of my head, but the thesaurus is full of them.

S_annoying2.thumb.gif.0cf5bf5e86e6bd78ee

:icon_razz:

• Like 9

I bet leonard and penny don't have a single scene together and alone where they try to celebrate living together....

Well vasu, since a long time now, there are no more cameras inside Pennys teddybears.
The Hofstadters trying the dance with no pants in private without the audience!

P_L_bed1.thumb.gif.d5c1cb280b1372693a87a

:shy:

• Like 1

I can't be the only one who 'ships Ten and meka. I can't, surely.

I love that ship as well. So furstrating when the TR kept getting in the way. I'm hoping for a kiss & make out I mean make up by the end of S9. :) Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The new season sounds more like they are having "children". Howard and Bernadette have sort of adopted Stuart and Leonard and Penny are going to adopt Sheldon in the absence of Amy. Of course they often acted like Sheldon's parents. I don't really think they'll have little kids on this show until it finally wraps up. They must setting up new more domestic groupings since L&S in 4A may no longer be the principle setting from now on. What does everyone think?

Thanks to all who provided tidbits from last night's taping. Hope you all had an incredible time! The living arrangements, although not perfect by any means, are about what I expected. The Hofstadters are not going to just abandon their dear friend, especially in his present state, no matter how annoying these arrangements might be. Hopefully some comedy will come from this. I am not going to let this stop my elation for Leonard and Penny. They are together as one, and that's a lot more than I expected after Season 8. I have a feeling they are going to have a big role in helping Sheldon and Amy reunite, which I hope happens soon. Hard to have just 'Rolling On The Floor, Laughing' episodes with all the heavy drama still hanging over the show. Surprised they didn't have more on Raj and Emily; guess they are going to have Raj  stay with her for now, due to his fear of being alone. If she stays, I hope they give her character more depth; or at least smooth off her scary edges.

Edited by 4everlenny
  • Like 3

I blame Sheldon. He wants to wriggle in between Penny and Leonard. Words fail me... But we could try lame, inadequate, deficient, lacking, immature, childish, selfish, incompetent, incapable.... these are just off the top of my head, but the thesaurus is full of them.

edit: Why I bother I don't know. They are doing a reset to a new normal. Shamy is still likely to be fine in the long run. But this is another blatant contrivance. I hope it's convincing in performance. *head in hands*

Your use of "wriggle" here and the return of Sheldon as L/P's dog is reminding me of the Quizno's Raised by Wolves commercials Jim Parsons did, especially the one with puppies all over him.

I wonder how accurately the stripped down apartment will ressemble what the set looked like for the Sheldon interviews Leonard to be his roommate / "no time travel tech from these two" scene. I don't necessarily expect continuity but I will be checking regardless.

Many thanks to all who have provided information on the new episode!

Edited by Dr. Tamale
Etiquette. Had meant to thank posters of spoilers.

Penny can be a polygamist and marry both Sheldon and Leonard...she can get her emotional support and "mothering" needs with Sheldon and her sex from Leonard.   :laugh:   

I really can't say that I am surprised and I suspected the writers would chicken out and have Lenny actually live across the hall because they have said they have a hard time thinking of the guys ever living apart.   I think it was silly really.   Sheldon could still get plenty of support from them and see him all the time, but this "I can't sleep alone in my own apartment" is ridiculous.  He has done it many times before.  So why they play that card is pathetic.   It is just because they have to have Sheldon in the midst of Leonard and Penny's lives all the time and they think it will bring  comedic value.   I honestly don't desire to see any of it.  It is stupid and I am one that never have cared for the Sheldon/Penny friendship since S6.   I liked it prior to S6 where they were truly on polarizing sides of things, but since they made them "besties" and so close, I find them nauseating.   I don't find them funny at all.

As far as Sheldon and Amy, I honestly think that this whole fiasco of a story is a big nightmare and totally unnecessary.  If Amy has never been happy, then she did the right thing by breaking up and she should now move on.   Cut him loose.....Sheldon can go back to being a big baby and since he has his "parents" Lenny to watch over him, he will be just peachy keen after he mends his broken heart.   

But if Amy had basically been happy, but just unsure of where she stood in his life, then this whole breakup storyline is a complete waste of time.   That could easily have been accomplished through conversation between the two.  

So which was it?  Never happy?  Then why even bother wanting them to get back together?   Happy for the most part, but just wanted to feel more a priority, then stop this ridiculous lagging of time and let them talk and work it out.   I find little enjoyment in the approach they are taking thus far because we really have no idea which way it was for Amy and what her issue really is.   

If they have deeper issues than her wanting to be a priority in his life then I say that is a whole new couple and we have been fooled about who we have been watching.   If there issues are truly deeper, then why want them together?   It seems like that this is a very dangerous storyline,   Casual viewers don't analyze things and won't be looking for the deep stuff like fans on this forum do, so this story arc could backfire in a big way.

• Like 9

BS argument much?

Can't be long before Penny wants to kill Sheldon in his sleep. Remember the train station?  They were glad to let him go in the end.

I hardly think so.... they have been sleeping together for one night a week....just to please sheldon .....even after getting engaged.....

so  I don't think there will be any change in the living arrangments at all......

stardust, love you comments on L/P/S. It's not like they have moved across town. I'm sure they can set up a "Sheldon monitor" in case of an emergency. I think the jury still needs to be out on Sheldon & Amy--at least until we see the episodes and any acting nuances. One problem for me is the rush to have them move in together. They are separated. When they get back together it would (to mr) make ore sense to go slowly and not go from "zero to sixty" all at once.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who provided tidbits from last night's taping. Hope you all had an incredible time! The living arrangements, although not perfect by any means, are about what I expected. The Hofstadters are not going to just abandon their dear friend, especially in his present state, no matter how annoying these arrangements might be. Hopefully some comedy will come from this. This is not going to let this stop my elation for Leonard and Penny. They are together as one, and that's a lot more than I expected after Season 8. I have a feeling they are going to have a big role in helping Sheldon and Amy reunite, which I hope happens soon. Hard to have just 'Rolling On The Floor, Laughing' episodes with all the heavy drama still hanging over the show. Surprised they didn't have more on Raj and Emily; guess they are going to have Raj  stay with her for now, due to his fear of being alone. If she stays, I hope they give her character more depth; or at least smooth off her scary edges.

Maybe observing Lenny as a married couple in the apartment will help Sheldon see how a normal relationship functions, and even though he won't be able to emulate it perfectly, he will get the gist and start to see things from Amy's POV.

To quote Amy, I am trying to put lipstick on a pig, here.   There has to be something positive for Shamy coming as a result of all this. 

• Like 2

Maybe observing Lenny as a married couple in the apartment will help Sheldon see how a normal relationship functions, and even though he won't be able to emulate it perfectly, he will get the gist and start to see things from Amy's POV.

To quote Amy, I am trying to put lipstick on a pig, here.   There has to be something positive for Shamy coming as a result of all this. 

I tend to agree with you mostly, but in this case,sorry, I don't. I don't like the idea that Shamy should move to more normal relationship by any means. Whole point of Lenny/Shamy is that they are so opposite, but they make it work in their own way. This whole seems like bringing that message I'm so worried show will send, that there's only one way, normal one (whatever that means), people can have happy relationship by. Lenny are great couple, but their way of handling relationship would never work for Shamy, without changing their natures. There's reason why both, Lenny and Shamy are not valuing each others relationships.

• Like 6

I tend to agree with you mostly, but in this case,sorry, I don't. I don't like the idea that Shamy should move to more normal relationship by any means. Whole point of Lenny/Shamy is that they are so opposite, but they make it work in their own way. This whole seems like bringing that message I'm so worried show will send, that there's only one way, normal one (whatever that means), people can have happy relationship by. Lenny are great couple, but their way of handling relationship would never work for Shamy, without changing their natures. There's reason why both, Lenny and Shamy are not valuing each others relationships.

Well, to be clear, I am not indicating that is what I like or want to happen, only that it is a possibility.   I'm pretty good at playing Devil's Advocate, even with my own prior posts. 

I don't think Shamy and Lenny can be compared.   They are both unique in the own way, but Sheldon does observe, and it seemed he was doing so in the S8 Finale when he was the one who encouraged them to proceed with setting a wedding date.

I want the show to retain Shamy's uniqueness and not make them normal, but I do want them to respect each other more and be able to communicate with each other (Sheldon!) about their feelings instead of everyone else.

Regarding your bolded statement, yes, Yes, and YES.

Edited by jenafan

Well, to be clear, I am not indicating that is what I like or want to happen, only that it is a possibility.   I'm pretty good at playing Devil's Advocate, even with my own prior posts. 

I don't think Shamy and Lenny can be compared.   They are both unique in the own way, but Sheldon does observe, and it seemed he was doing so in the S8 Finale when he was the one who encouraged them to proceed with setting a wedding date.

I want the show to retain Shamy's uniqueness and not make them normal, but I do want them to respect each other more and be able to communicate with each other (Sheldon!) about their feelings instead of everyone else.

Regarding your bolded statement, yes, Yes, and YES.

Ok. Since you were ending your post with that "there has to be something positive" I assumed you did. Possibility it is. But it is really anything now, it seems. I still kind of hope it was just a punch line and they will not live together. Too, I now expect Sheldon to be more regressed and depressed than to really trying to work on himself. Maybe if Amy gives him any hint of hope I could see that happen, but for now on Sheldon seems like he is not so sure there's still something to fight for. But we will see. 

I agree with communication and respect, I hope we're  moving towards that sometime soon. 

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic