Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Man that shenny dream kiss is ghastly

Don't worry! Everything will be fine.

S_creepy.thumb.gif.32ccd3a9080e51ed892c6

:shy:

• Like 5

Maybe observing Lenny as a married couple in the apartment will help Sheldon see how a normal relationship functions, and even though he won't be able to emulate it perfectly, he will get the gist and start to see things from Amy's POV.

To quote Amy, I am trying to put lipstick on a pig, here.   There has to be something positive for Shamy coming as a result of all this. 

Sheldon has observed them as a couple for years, even longer than he has known Amy.  So no, if it has not rubbed off on him yet after all that Leonard and Penny have endured, it is not likely that he is going to understand things any further by them living with him but now with the label of "married".   I think Sheldon and Amy are different and unique, but even if that wasn't a consideration here, Sheldon isn't going to learn it from observing Lenny.

Will Lenny interfere and start to try and help the couple mend things....very likely, but honestly, I am not sure I am keen on that idea.  I hate that someone always has to act as an "interpreter" for Sheldon.   I also don't think Penny is even clued in on what is going on in this case so with her insights won't be much help.  Remember, she already thinks this is about Amy being unhappy for years and him being a bad boyfriend yet we have seen little evidence of her being truly unhappy for years.  If she was, why didn't she break up with him a long time ago and figure her chances with a new person were much greater than with him?   It makes zero sense that she was unhappy for years.   

So I think the real issue is that we have no clue why Amy truly broke up with him other than out of a rash moment.  We don't know what she wanted to think about and evaluate when she wanted "time".   She never told him, or her gal pals what is going on.  She just said she was focusing on herself.  But what does that mean?  What is she really thinking?  Why did she step back?  

Sadly, Amy holds the cards here and if they are using this as an emotional manipulation experiment to get Sheldon where she believes she wants him...it is a sucky storyline.   But if she is looking at herself and saying things like "is this really what I want out of life?   Is Sheldon really the man I want?   Is there someone else that can make me happier?   Am I really ready for the next step in our relationship?   Can Sheldon and I ever reach a point of equality?, etc." then it could be an interesting story.  But we have seen no indication what she is thinking or feeling so no...so far this story isn't making sense and I don't see Lenny being helpful in getting them back together or being any influence at this point.

• Like 4

Just to clarify, in the taping from the ep last night, when penny mentioned to Sheldon that they can all kind of live together..she made sure to mention its temporary just for the time being so it may start off that way but it will eventually lead into the couples living separately! 

I'm assuming once shamy are back together, that's when they will truly implement the separate living arrangements :) 

Thanks for the clarification! :)

• Like 1

It would be so ironic if it was Kripke who actually helped Sheldon get Amy back!   That would be a twist... :girlwink:

Or Barry and Amy will drink that bottle of wine and........

• Like 6

It would be so ironic if it was Kripke who actually helped Sheldon get Amy back!   That would be a twist... :girlwink:

Perhaps a Road to Damascus conversion for Kripke like Wil Wheaton went through with Sheldon?

Although, fwiw, Wheaton still seems to cause trouble occasionally - just not for Sheldon (Howard in S4, Lenny last season). 

• Like 1

Perhaps a Road to Damascus conversion for Kripke like Wil Wheaton went through with Sheldon?

Although, fwiw, Wheaton still seems to cause trouble occasionally - just not for Sheldon (Howard in S4, Lenny last season). 

Yessss!   Exactly!

Sorry, new member, so maybe I'm in the wrong place, but where can I find the taping reports for season 9? Are there any yet?

You can find information by reading back in the thread. The original TR's were removed after they were used inappropriately towards the show and producers. So the decision was made to pull the thread while things were up in the air. Sorry about that! 

• Like 1

that would be a twist. I think there would be a lot of potential for comedy especially if there was a series of misunderstandings (Comedy of Errors - ish).

Or Kriple could just freak the heebie jeebies out of her back to Sheldon's arms. (play "Holding Out For A Hero").

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules....

Okay, he is a little skinny for Hercules but Amy sees him a little differently than the rest of us. 

hulk-hands-hulk-hands-sheldon-big-bang-t

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2

BS argument much?

I am really very sorry to say, Mislav, but lately your posting is completely inadequate and pathetic. What a pity.

Will Lenny interfere and start to try and help the couple mend things....very likely, but honestly, I am not sure I am keen on that idea.

I sort of agree with the rest of your post, but the part I quoted: Really?!?!?!?!?!? Really, Stardist? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you even say that when Sheldon is the one who is ALWAYS interfering between Leonard and Penny. So even if Penny meddled it would be a 100 millionth in magnitude compared to how much Sheldon interferes with Lenny.

• Like 1

I sort of agree with the rest of your post, but the part I quoted: Really?!?!?!?!?!? Really, Stardist? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you even say that when Sheldon is the one who is ALWAYS interfering between Leonard and Penny. So even if Penny meddled it would be a 100 millionth in magnitude compared to how much Sheldon interferes with Lenny.

Sheldon needs all the help he can get. He needs mentoring when it comes to social interaction.

I am really very sorry to say, Mislav, but lately your posting is completely inadequate and pathetic. What a pity.

I agree that he has interfered with Lenny, but my point was that Penny normally is a good voice of reason for Sheldon about Amy.  However in this case she is not equipped to be that voice because Amy has not shared with anyone what is going on with her and why the sudden breakup after their anniversary.   Same with Leonard...how is he supposed to help in this case?  Neither have enough info or are able to be of much help.   

• Like 4

You can find information by reading back in the thread. The original TR's were removed after they were used inappropriately towards the show and producers. So the decision was made to pull the thread while things were up in the air. Sorry about that! 

Thanks!

Thanks!

Welcome to the Fan Forum! :icon_biggrin:

You can find links direct to the posts regarding taping sessions in Season 9 by going to Star Watch Byline site (Iinked direct to TBBT page) and under production journals at the top category on the page, you can find all the production journals for each of the taping sessions.   There are direct links to spoilers, the press releases, photos, promos, etc. all in those production journals.  

I agree that he has interfered with Lenny, but my point was that Penny normally is a good voice of reason for Sheldon about Amy.  However in this case she is not equipped to be that voice because Amy has not shared with anyone what is going on with her and why the sudden breakup after their anniversary.   Same with Leonard...how is he supposed to help in this case?  Neither have enough info or are able to be of much help.   

This is Sheldon's chance to figure it out by himself. The little advice he gets from his friends will be helpful but he needs to learn that being in a relationship will change you no matter what and start treating Amy with respect. The only person Sheldon respects is leonard's mother and I feel that should be reserved for Amy. I do feel that Bernadette calling Sheldon a weirdo is in character and not disrespectful to Amy because at one point all the characters have called him that and in a way he is. Amy is lost at the moment but she will get there and when they get back together it will make them stronger and more in tune with each others feelings. Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

I have just seen a photo of Sheldon and Penny kissing in this episode and I was like "WTF?". I want to comment on that, even if I don't know if this photo is old and there were a lot of comments about it. I really don't understand it... They say that it is only a dream and it will bring more Shenny fans (sorry I am not!). NO and NO. I mean if it is just a dream why the dream has Sheldon in it and not Rajesh? If it had Rajesh it would make sense as they "had a past" whereas I can't think of a single scene in all the seasons that Sheldon liked Penny so Leonard can be jealous about it and have the dream. So its not only Out Of the Character for Sheldon but its also Out Of Content about the series. About the Shenny fans now, they exist from the beggining of the series when there was no implication that they would be together. In that sense you do not create more Shenny fans with this dream, you just piss off Shamy fans... I want to add that there was not a single scene that I didnt like after all of these years and the show is hilarious. I mean it's in 9th season and it's funnier than other shows which are in their firsts. But I have to admit that I dislike this scene. I will see the episode but I dislike this particurlar part. I mean, come on... The way Sheldon looked at AFF twice when he offered her tepid water was more intimate than grabing Penny's breasts when she dislocated her shoulder!!! Why writers???? And why not Rajesh?

• Like 2