[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Mislav, my friend, take a breath. We haven't seen any of the episodes yet. They may just appear a little differently than what we have learned in the spoilers. As far as the episode being pointless, I'm reading it as small, positive movement for Sheldon & Amy. She turned down both Stuart and Barry (you have to admit the Kripke bit sounds hilarious---thinking he scores points by sending a naked selfie???!!!???). A civil conversation between them is head and shoulders above what has passed between them since 8.24. I know that army learning that Sheldon asked other women out was not a perfect ending, but perhaps it will be the prod she needs for a reconciliation. I guess what I'm trying to say is keep the faith! I'm sure you will get the payoff you desire. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Both storylines seem pointless... Guys fencing was only a way to edge on the whole Amy/Barry thing... and make Stuart try to attract more girls to the comic book store only to show how miserable he is... yes hillarious.

I don't understand Sheldon's friends pushing him to move on. And I don't understand the comparison that they  have been doing that to Lenny. Sheldon was even avoiding Penny after she and Leonard broke up in season three because he thought that would be uneathical, which is why he didn't want to tell Leonard when she suggested they have a dinner together... he asked Penny not to hurt his friend in season six after finding out that she was planning to break up with him... Amy and Bernadette encouraged Penny to show more interest in Leonard's work... And I don't remember anyone encouraging neither Leonard nor Penny to start dating someone else after they broke up, especially not so soon after. And please don't give me that "of course you don't remember because you don't ship Lenny" shit, if you can think of a specific example just write it and I will admit that I was wrong. And that still wouldn't make the Shamy situation better. 

I will stick around for one more taping report because in this episode at least Amy and Sheldon will have a normal conversation and maybe they are setting up Stuart to get a girlfriend soon (of course, they had to make Stuart hit on Amy again and have him get shut down again). But I am close to giving up on this show.

Also, I don't think that Raj is a douche for (trying to) sleep with Penny... I think that he is a douche for begging her not to tell anyone that they didn't sleep together and then bragging to everyone that they did. 

hard to say the storyline is pointless by what was written. Someone  heard it was funny I guess we will wait and see. It's not comparable the Lenny break up in season 3 to Shamy's in season 9. Bernie wasn't a regular on the show so it was basically the guys and Penny. No girlfriends. now everyone is paired up and to me the situation. Both sides tried to have them move on but interestingly enough Bernadertte and Leonard did abandon Shamy and left them alone,

in regards to Raj and Penny's hook up I agree with what you said.

I surprised people don't remember that Howard had Bernadette fixed Leonard up on a blind date after he broke up with Penny.  Also there was a scene right after they got back together where Howard asked him if he really wanted to go through all that again with Penny.  Howard also got Leonard to go out trolling for girls with him during the breakup.  Then even after they got back together the girls even pushed Penny to break up with Leonard after she told them she was thinking about it and mocked her after she told him she slept with him instead of broke up with him.

so if anything, so far the Shamy breakup is being handled better by their friends than the Lenny breakup was.

• Like 7

I though since Shamy wasn't together you gave up on the show.

I thought that you would give up the show by the end of season eight due to a lack of the scenes showing Penny looking like in your avatar and getting called on for cherry picking on the other's posts but whatever...

Mislav, my friend, take a breath. We haven't seen any of the episodes yet. They may just appear a little differently than what we have learned in the spoilers. As far as the episode being pointless, I'm reading it as small, positive movement for Sheldon & Amy. She turned down both Stuart and Barry (you have to admit the Kripke bit sounds hilarious---thinking he scores points by sending a naked selfie???!!!???). A civil conversation between them is head and shoulders above what has passed between them since 8.24. I know that army learning that Sheldon asked other women out was not a perfect ending, but perhaps it will be the prod she needs for a reconciliation. I guess what I'm trying to say is keep the faith! I'm sure you will get the payoff you desire. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes 100% agree!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It's not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzies.  I kinda hate that Sheldon is resigned to the fact that he should try to move on.  I also don't like that there seems to be even more miscommunication between them here.  Amy thinking he wants to date other people and is clearly upset about that because she probably isn't ready or wanting to move on.  Sheldon thinks Amy is done with him so he has to move on as well, but he is only asking women out because it is what the guys told him he should do, not because he wants to. Some seem to think this is the beginning signs of a reconciliation.  I think this is just another way to drag this on even more.  

I think it's a good thing for them to both realize they don't want to date other people.  Some folks on these boards have been suggesting that they go their separate ways, that at least Amy can do better.

But as they both get a taste, they decide that they're not interested.  That's a good thing.  And I don't think the writers are dragging it out, but rather giving the characters time to find their way back without just sweeping things under the rug or making either of simply give in to whatever the other wants or whatever.

They're both a little bruised, so they need a little time to figure it all out.  I think this development is a good thing.

• Like 6

I think it's a good thing for them to both realize they don't want to date other people.  Some folks on these boards have been suggesting that they go their separate ways, that at least Amy can do better.

But as they both get a taste, they decide that they're not interested. 

I'm not sure that's totally true. while Amy could have had Stuart or Kripke Sheldon got shot down.It would have been more interesting if some woman had said yes.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that's totally true. while Amy could have had Stuart or Kripke Sheldon got shot down.It would have been more interesting if some woman had said yes.

I agree only for the point that it would then be Sheldon's idea that he can't do better than Amy and not that he has no one else but Amy. 

Thanks to Star and her friend for the info...

It's really the guys fault for telling Sheldon to move on and start dating. I just can't see Sheldon wanting to do that since it is a change in his life, but he still goes off to do exactly what the guys tell him to do.

why can't it ever just be Sheldon's fault and no one else's? He normally never listens to them anyways.

• Like 4

It's really the guys fault for telling Sheldon to move on and start dating. I just can't see Sheldon wanting to do that since it is a change in his life, but he still goes off to do exactly what the guys tell him to do.

Just shows Sheldon is a fish out of water when it comes to relationships. He has no idea what he wants or what he is doing.

This will lead to comedy. Fault? It will work out. 

why can't it ever just be Sheldon's fault and no one else's? He normally never listens to them anyways.

His actions here make it clear that he is actually clueless.

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just a bad person but I think Leonard could make some remarks to Sheldon about Amy dumping him considering all the times he asked Leonard if Penny was dumping him Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Bad no, childish yes.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm just a firm believer in what goes round comes round and you to be responsible for what you say and do Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I understand what you are saying but that would be out of character for Leonard, who tries to calm down things and make them better.  He may laugh at first but in the end his voice is usually the voice of reason.  Even during the North Pole fiasco he was only trying to make a bad situation bearable for those couple remaining months.  Leonard has empathy and a social filter, where Sheldon does not, plus his wife is the biggest Shamy shipper of the group.

• Like 4

I understand what you are saying but that would be out of character for Leonard, who tries to calm down things and make them better.  He may laugh at first but in the end his voice is usually the voice of reason.  Even during the North Pole fiasco he was only trying to make a bad situation bearable for those couple remaining months.  Leonard has empathy and a social filter, where Sheldon does not, plus his wife is the biggest Shamy shipper of the group.

true...as advertised....

P_w06.thumb.gif.f7e9ab0bf4e419aaadd3740f

:shy:

• Like 3

But at this point IMO that has to change. The North Pole was season 2 and now we are in season 9. The finale in season 7 even Penny told Leonard you have to let him go. You are doing him no favors by trying to make things better. He has to learn. If he doesn't no matter how much "help" he (and Penny)  gives Shamy won't happen.

• Like 5

[...] plus his wife is the biggest Shamy shipper of the group.

Well, that might have been true at some time, but I haven't heard much of that lately from Penny... a great shipper she is to force Amy to call her mother, then tell her herself that she broke up with Sheldon (not to mention locking her in her closet) and in general encouraging her to move on (e.g. changing her facebook status)...

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic