The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

I was hoping for engagement then but now that the ring is out there I think that may happen with reconciliation. So yeah coitus episode 200!

That should be a hashtag.

#coitusepisode200

Yep I am using it.

i might start using twitter again just for this hashtag xD

12129eb613ec6245bebcff19f08d13ef.jpg

it looks like it ends with -lency or -dency?

• Like 1

It's not our fault djsurrey...it's TPTB's fault! We would like so much to speak about how cute it was to invite on set Nimoy Jr. and make an episode on his real-life documentary about his father...but they continue to torture us!!!LOL

This episode has Nimoy Jr. and Wil. I think we need to get our priorities right...ezgif-3554886448.png?1424698380

My first thought was how cool is it that the napkin is making a re-appearance - that was what I had hoped for upon leaning Leonard Nimoy had died - and I love that Nimoy's son And Wil Wheaton are in the episode - as for the kiss Sheldon sees, since this is a comedy and not a Soap, I'm guessing it will be a misunderstanding and the man Sheldon sees is a relative of Amy's.

Edited by luke
  • Like 4

I'm guess it will be a misunderstanding and the man Sheldon sees is a relative of Amy's.

I certainly hope so.   Otherwise, Amy is doing more damage to their path of reconciliation than Sheldon is. 

• Like 1

Looks like it does end in dency tp me.

907b.jpg

It does !!!. What are everyone's word suggestions - I love reading your ideas. I'm no good at spelling ( dyslexic ) so I'll not guess :) 

• Like 1

Pudency is an interesting word...meaning ashamed.  Maybe Sheldon is feeling ashamed of how he treated Amy?  Another part of "acceptance" of his role in this?   Also, perhaps Amy (if that indeed was a date) feels a bit ashamed as well for having led someone on and for feeling a bit like she was still "cheating" on Sheldon?   Could be an interesting word....

• Like 2

Cut the bs.

You were whining about much less the last season. 
Not everyone agrees that there needs to be drama, or that it is necessary to such extent, or that it is written well.

P_clap.thumb.gif.eaf3771fe5ad6244eb74500

Sorry.   :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 3

I genuinely like Sheldon's character, I do, and I'm sorry he's sad here.  I'm sorry that he lacked the capacity to express his emotions to Amy, and I'm sorry that he wasn't able to control his outbursts and nasty remarks that wound up ultimately driving her away.  That's sad, but blaming Amy is a bit much.  Between this ep and the finale he has done nothing that could reasonably win her back.  He's driven her farther away.  That being said, we don't know what's up with this kiss thing.  If it's in shadow it could be anything, a relative, someone checking her eye for glass, an awkward post first date formality, who knows.

Quick, tell us the last compliment Sheldon gave Amy? "I love you" is not a compliment. 

And what was the last time Amy has complimented Sheldon? Or Leonard to Penny? Or the other way around?

I am not sure how the compliment thing is relevant. The affection doesn't need to be spelled out. 

I never said Sheldon was being emotionally abusive. As for why Amy would need somebody better than Sheldon... If I have to explain it ... BTW I notice your question 'why Amy would need somebody better than Sheldon' says some part of you agrees with the premise that she could do better. Again if you can ask the question the answer should be obvious.

No, it doesn't. I am just questioning the validness of your argument. 

And you still haven't refuted my arguments... so it looks to me that you know nothing about Shamy nor Sheldon or Amy and you just want to bash Sheldon due to reasons only you can tell.

We complained there was very little Lenny last season Shamy was front and center last season and they will be again this season so why are you bitching Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I am not bitching, I am pointing to your hypocrisy.

After all the complaining you guys did the last season, you are basically saying that Shamy shippers shouldn't be dissatisfied because the writers never promised that there will be no drama.
Edited by Mislav

Thanks to both Rachel and Heres2U for relaying the chat info and summarizing. :D 

2 Things:

1. How was the kiss? More specifically did he just lean in and she didn't push away? (As in caught by surprise) Or was she ready for it? Maybe I'm grasping here, but that makes a big difference to me.

2. One thing (well...2 related things) that sticks out to me is the fact that (A) Sheldon calls Amy to tell her to watch the documentary and (B) His ring and proposal confession is caught on tape. I don't think this is insignificant and I suspect this will come into play later.

Still very much not happy with this turn of events, but I'm still willing to ride it out. 

• Like 4

Looks like it does end in dency tp me.

907b.jpg

My guess is "Dependency" for the third word... the second word appears to start with a "R" but the second letter of the second word has a curved base like an "o" or "u" (sorry, I don't think it's "Ring," no matter how much I might want it to be).

Oh, all the things I should be doing instead of this... :icon_rolleyes:

Happy continued speculation, everyone!

• Like 3

The second word appears to start with a H for me. And the last word appears "....lency" or "...Tency"...or "...fency". Im spanish speaker so this play is difficult for me haha. But I see a big letter on the last word.

• Like 1

You are grasping at straws here (unless you are just joking). It is not about the change, but the way it is being made.

Hey Mislav, yes, joking. Drawing the parallel between Sheldon's stated response to change in in general and his fan's difficulties with coping with the change to act 2 of the Shamy relationship, with comic intent. Likely badly done, if you didn't get that from context, but that's ok. "ACME anvils" dropping from the blue sky unannounced mess with fans. Like the boat kiss messed with the L/P crowd. But the resolution was worth it, from reports. It does hurt at the time, however, when the anvil hits. Still, all part of the ride. And it's not compulsory to like it, so being cranky is fine too. "They" say it's not fine, but it is. Because this is a fan site, not a peer reviewed source of scientific verity. And about a comedy, which is intended to be funny and engaging and easily understood by a casually viewing mass audience. So, jokes... 

• Like 7

And what was the last time Amy has complimented Sheldon? Or Leonard to Penny? Or the other way around?

I am not sure how the compliment thing is relevant. The affection doesn't need to be spelled out. 

No, it doesn't. I am just questioning the validness of your argument. 

And you still haven't refuted my arguments... so it looks to me that you know nothing about Shamy nor Sheldon or Amy and you just want to bash Sheldon due to reasons only you can tell.

I am not bitching, I am pointing to your hypocrisy.

After all the complaining you guys did the last season, you are basically saying that Shamy shippers shouldn't be dissatisfied because the writers never promised that there will be no drama.

Last season many Shamy fans told the Lenny fans to be happy because the writers knew what they were doing and all the good Lenny stuff was happening off screen. I guess the writers still know what their doing even though you don't think so now but just think of all the good Shamy stuff going on off screen Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Last season many Shamy fans told the Lenny fans to be happy because the writers knew what they were doing and all the good Lenny stuff was happening off screen. I guess the writers still know what their doing even though you don't think so now but just think of all the good Shamy stuff going on off screen Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Last time I checked they were broken up and not speaking to each other. What good off screen moments could they share? :cool:

Edited by tallin
  • Like 3

Last time I checked they were broken up and not speaking to each other. What good off screen moments could they share? :cool:

giphy (2).gif

They're broken up but according to Amy have had more contact in 2 days than in the last 2 months. So... lots?

• Like 4

Even though Lenny wasn't broken up what were we to think of last season Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

That's gotta be what? 5-10 pages of Lenny vs. Shamy?? And they're not even a threat to one another. I wonder how Tripper didn't go crazy when it was Lenny vs. Shenny.

• Like 5

Even though Lenny wasn't broken up what were we to think of last season Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I'm not questioning your feelings about the season, just wondering how we could apply the same, while there doesn't seems to be opportunity for good moment's off screen. 

But I'll rather no going into dialogue that could lead to dangerous topic of Lenny/Shamy comparisons, had bad enough day as it is, so I'm out.  :icon_wink:

• Like 2