The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Actually seeing the episodes will help me.  It gets kind of sketchy. 

true and there won't be a big sign that says TIME HAS PASSED it will be a subtle reference

Edited by JE7

You know what, as long as this episode takes place before 9.6, I'm okay with it. If it happens after Penny found out Sheldon was going to propose, that'd be pretty cruel and I'd have to wonder what the writers were smoking. While the episode doesn't sound 'OMG, amazing,' it does have one thing I've been waiting for: for the guys to interact with Amy. Ever since the season opener at H/B's house, Amy's only interactions with the group have been with Penny and Bernadette. It would make me sad if the guys made no effort to still hang out with her and only saw Sheldon during their break-up, so I'm glad at least this episode shows Raj and Howard trying to 'help' Amy (and I'm using the word 'help' very loosely here). Still, you'd think with a plot about finding Amy a date the writers could have actually given Amy a bigger role in this plot...but I guess that's to be expected since apparently they don't know what to do with her.

• Like 5

So, after most of the discussion has settled down... 

First of all, thank you, snow, for a taping report. Your writing style made me smile although the summary didn't and you have obviously put up a lot of try. 

* Takes a deep breath.*

I am going to stop watching this show. 

Yes, I am serious. This is a decision, not a threat. 

And reading taping reports and visiting this thread, as well as many others on this forum. I had to discuss some things with posters who had quoted me because I think they deserved a response since they had quoted me before this announcement. If one wants to continue a specific recent discussion that you had with me, feel free to notify me, but that's about it on season nine discussion for me.

And no, I'm not bluffing because I've never announced "I stop watching" and then continued posting here. I've posted more that once than I will probably stop watching if the writing doesn't get better... and that moment has come. And I am not trying to get a pity out of any posters here, I just think that they deserve to know.

I will probably stick around on few of the threads on here, but that's about it. (Such as "The Best Jokes You Know", 3ku11's infamous non canon ships thread, etc.).

I am not a coward or less of a fan than the ones who continue watching, read taping reports etc. I am not throwing a hissy fit and I am not immature. I simply can't stand this show anymore. I can't even watch the reruns without the bitter memory of what it has become.

I want to thank you all for providing us with taping reports, jokes, gifs, for agreeing with me and disagreeing with me. And although I may get too passionate about the topic, I am not mad at any of you. You are free to contact me on this forum via a pm function or on fanfiction.net if you will miss me LOL. Special thanks to Tensor, 3ku11, phantagrae, rachelshamyfan, SRAM, Chiany, nick, Lionne, ATOB, 5Mississippis and koops.

I haven't given up on this show completely. I will come back in a few months to check things out. Maybe the things will get better. But I am tired of disappointments. I need a break. I hope you understand. And I am not diminishing the ones who will stick around, Shamy shippers or not. All the best and stay strong! And take it from me: if something bothers you, respond. You have a right to. (Without breaking the rules.) I wish you the best and I will try to keep as many good memories possible despite the circumstances!
Edited by Mislav
  • Like 4

OK, so I finally saw the Shenny kiss, and it's not what I expected.

I was expecting it to be Sheldon and Penny having some kind of illicit affair, and Leonard walking in, and catching them in the act.

Sad to see you go, but maybe it is for the best. Hope to see you back someday, was always good to see a passionate fan talk about something we share, even if we disagree from time to time.

Take care! 

• Like 3

I think she wanted to take time think but got pressured by the gang who think they are "helping" her.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I think we(many of us) forget that these characters are ALL not the best at life, relationship, etiquette, etc.  They all have their talents and intelligence but that doesn't negate the fact that they are clueless many times in the social arena.  What they might think is "helping" we cringe at because it really isn't.  But that's because we know better or have had similar experiences that turned out wrong and we've learned....

• Like 5

OK, so I finally saw the Shenny kiss, and it's not what I expected.

I was expecting it to be Sheldon and Penny having some kind of illicit affair, and Leonard walking in, and catching them in the act.

Every time I see that seen I laugh. First it's a shock to Leonard, and then Sheldon is the one that initiates it, with Penny at first with her arms down by her side, and then grabbing Sheldon and joining in. I know that some don't like the scene, but it works for me. The followup "wake up wake up wake up", makes it even funnier.  

• Like 3

Every time I see that seen I laugh. First it's a shock to Leonard, and then Sheldon is the one that initiates it, with Penny at first with her arms down by her side, and then grabbing Sheldon and joining in. I know that some don't like the scene, but it works for me. The followup "wake up wake up wake up", makes it even funnier.  

I thought it was extremely hot to see Sheldon pull it off via Leonard's imagination.   A perfect wake up call to get him to make up with Penny.  Loved it.  I keep watching it over and over again.  

Doesn't effect my Shamy feels at all.    I just can't wait for him to do that for real with Amy.

Had it been anything but a nightmare, I'd have been horrified.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 1

When The van went up in flames did anybody think I wonder if they have marsh mellows to roast or was it just me :icon_razz:

• Like 2

When The van went up in flames did anybody think I wonder if they have marsh mellows to roast or was it just me :icon_razz:

That would imply that they planned for the fire to happen, but I like where your head is at. 

I didn't like the burning of the van at first, but their blank stares and Raj's comment about the lug nut finally coming off floored me when I watched the episode a 2nd time.

• Like 1

I thought it was extremely hot to see Sheldon pull it off via Leonard's imagination.   A perfect wake up call to get him to make up with Penny.  Loved it.  I keep watching it over and over again.  

Doesn't effect my Shamy feels at all.    I just can't wait for him to do that for real with Amy.

Had it been anything but a nightmare, I'd have been horrified.

Better than train kiss?:icon_wink:

• Like 1

Better than train kiss?:icon_wink:

No, just different.  I like the more passionate vs. gentle side, but that's just me.

No, just different.  I like the more passionate vs. gentle side, but that's just me.

All right :icon_biggrin:

But (sorry if I'm gonna be a bummer here) I have my doubts as to whether or not the real Sheldon is capable of something like that. Theres nothing that indicates he can't but there's nothing that indicates he can either. We'll just have to see.

Personally, right now I'm just focused on them getting back together. I don't really care if coitus never comes as I don't put too much importance on it in the first place. As long as they can go back to the happily in love couple of weirdos I'd be more than happy to see them stay awkwardly chaste and gently kiss only like once per season. (That is if we theoretically had to pick one over the other.)

Edited by Luna18
  • Like 1

Thank you Snow for taking us along with you. I appreciate!

Also, I want to thank all the other posters for adding so much more to the experience. Now, having read you all, I really believe I deserve an honorary PhD - :p

I think - with so many different writers and writer swapping over the seasons - all of the characters are riding a roller coaster of recurring OOC occurrences. Amy is probably just going through a phase, not in the sense of a human being evolving but in the sense of the writers probing what to do with/of her in future episodes. The same seems to go with Sheldon.

Finally, they've let go of Penny and Leonard. Finally! They've also eased up on Raj. They tease Stuart now and then.

I have a feeling that the writers may very well find atoms of inspiration in the fan forums. Either directly or by proxy. I have a strong feeling the fan forums play a part in the writers' decisions regarding the characters... As you may well agree, a television series is all about ratings, a very democratic plebiscite.

What do you feel about that?

Part of my weirdness is due to the fact that English is my second language. The other part is just my love of punography.

• Like 1

And over 321 000 000 people live in USA. Those ratings don't prove much. 

OK Mislav, enough said. If you're saying that a viewership of 20 million people doesn't prove much, then I'm at a loss for words. I can't argue with a "logic" like that. Btw, you are implying that your opinion is correct and 20 million people are wrong, right? Or did I misinterpret you?

Wanting coitus doesn't equal getting mature. Your attitude about the coitus is another thing. Only because Amy masturbated before she started wanting to have coitus with Sheldon doesn't mean that she has always desired a sex relief beyond masturbation.

Would you please be so kind to tell me where in my post did I mention this? Because I never did.If you want to make your point make it, but don't misquoted me. 

Well put, relieving oneself and wanting it with another are two entirely different scenarios.   The maturity prerequisite goes out the window when you consider the number of hook-ups that result without thought of the consequences.

Hhhhhmm, NO. Wrongly put. Mislav is completely misquoting my post. Only thing I said is that people (such as Amy, for example) are allowed to change, evolve, mature, are they not?

• Like 1

Yeah... you still aren't making any sense. LOL.

Oh yeah he does and he's very funny and has a great sense of humor, something quite necessary if fan of a sitcom.

Or to majority of other posters, apparently.

DO NOT speak for the majority of the posters because you can't, You can only speak for your self. I happen to find his GIF responses to your posts insightful, on point, humorous and appropriate. Judging by the number of likes, I'd venture to say I'm not alone in my opinion.

• Like 3

And over 321 000 000 people live in USA. Those ratings don't prove much. 

And how many viewers worldwide? Statistically speaking, over the number of different countries involved, I think it is seriously significant.

• Like 2

I am going to stop watching this show. 

Noted. It's going to be a viewership of 19,999,999 from now on.

• Like 3

Oh yeah he does and he's very funny and has a great sense of humor, something quite necessary if fan of a sitcom.

Self-esteem is measured - I think - in terms of ability to laugh at oneself and being teased. Being teased is recognition, when properly conducted. I definitely watch way too much TBBT - it's affecting my wording.

• Like 2

And how many viewers worldwide? Statistically speaking, over the number of different countries involved, I think it is seriously significant.

numbers especially statistics are a wonderful way to Gage things, but they can be manipulated to support whatever point someone wants to make. 20 million is a high number of viewers in this age but it is a small percentage of US population ergo the same number which is actually quite large taken out of context can look very small.  And out of context is a favorite tactic of those who are only interested in proving they are right facts and logic be damned

And Welcome to the fun

Xmas.thumb.gif.68c093eae62f4a1cd5f42d777454493e.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 3

numbers especially statistics are a wonderful way to Gage things, but they can be manipulated to support whatever point someone wants to make. 20 million is a high number of viewers in this age but it is a small percentage of US population ergo the same number which is actually quite large taken out of context can look very small.  And out of context is a favorite tactic of those who are only interested in proving they are right facts and logic be damned

And Welcome to the fun

For a show in it's 9th season Big Bang does very well In the ratings while other shows struggle to get ratings this fan base is lucky I was a fan of  NBC's Chuck and every season the fan base worried it was going to be cancelled finally was after 5 seasons Big Bang Theory fans don't have to worry you already know there is a 10th season coming

Edited by Earnie
  • Like 3

And Welcome to the fun

But my friend JE7 you and I both know that the reason 20 million viewers is important is because it makes TBBT the #1 comedy in television ,and a very good percentage of overall TV viewership at time of broadcast, and live +3 , and live +7 etc., etc.  And please, DO NOT sign off with a GIF. He who shall not be named gets very pissed when people post GIF's (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 2

But my friend JE7 you and I both know that the reason 20 million viewers is important is because it makes TBBT the #1 comedy in television ,and a very good percentage of overall TV viewership at time of broadcast, and live +3 , and live +7 etc., etc.  And please, DO NOT sign off with a GIF. He who shall not be named gets very pissed when people post GIF's (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

And imagine the BANG if they decided to air LIVE! Hot in Cleveland writers & producers have tasted that fruit a couple of times.

• Like 1

sorry........ not  :vinsent:

tumblr_mru33wPvdC1s27krjo1_500.gif

• Like 2