The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Yeah, I love that he closes the door.  But honestly writers, what the hell was the point of Lenny finding out if they're just going to ignore it?  

Well, the fact that they didn't mention it in this episode does not mean they are going to ignore it forever. The more I think about all of this the more I am convinced that the gang is in fact trying to get them both back together - not as soon as possible, but as good as possible. I.e. Make them both realize that they are the perfect match, make them realize that you cannot 'replace' a person you love so easily. I am surprised that they seem to do so in a very subtle way (not really Penny's strong suit) so that Amy and Sheldon (and us) won't realize what they are planning. But the fact that Penny didn't mention the ring and the fact that Raj and Howard set up this challenge (which Amy would have completed in time! :-) ) really makes me think there is a plan behind all of this. I keep my fingers crossed! :-) 

• Like 1

By the way Tensor, congrats! You nailed the A-plot! and also what's the use of the doll! I guess Bernie used it as a disguise...

• Like 3

it still is odd though that Lenny both know Sheldon wanted to propose to Amy and yet everyone is still encouraging both of them to date other people.  It is so odd. I realize it isn't their place to say anything, but that has NEVER stopped Penny before.   Not when she knew that Amy loved Sheldon and vice verse.

Where they take it from here will be intriguing.   I really thought we would get an indication in this one where they were going but I still am not sure it was that clear other than they both had lousy dates.   I still am hopeful it leads to a conversation between them in the subsequent episode.

Maybe the reason they encourage them to date others, is that They think Amy could be happier with someone who treats her better. As for why they help Sheldon, maybe they think there's someone out there that might tolerate Sheldon's brand of 'romance' better than Amy. I always thought 'martha' from earlier in season 3 (episode 12) would have made a better match. They share common interests, she was impressed by Sheldon's 'Hulk Hands', and his Green Lantern Lantern (so she was into comic books) and she liked to play 'Rock Band' (so she was into video games) and despite Sheldon's indifference she wanted a second date with him.

http://images.tvfanatic.com/iu/s--UMNhDtKo--/t_xlarge_l/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_75/v1371135075/raj-sheldon-play-rock-band.png

She's the woman on the right.

Edited by eirwinrommel

Thank you, Rick, for the taping info.

While I am upset that Shamy are still broken up, it seems clear to me that Shamy dating others is only proving that they belong to each other.

I think Amy is running in the other direction trying to find something that she thinks is missing from Sheldon, only to find it is not there with anyone else, including Dave, whom she obviously liked enough to see more than once.  The fact that Dave forces her to answer questions about Sheldon no doubt stirs up feelings she was hoping to keep buried, but until we see the episode, we don't know what those questions are.   She also gets to see that others out there see Sheldon's value, outside of his annoying eccentricities.

So, who knows?   Does Amy end it with Dave because of his actions or because he reminds her of all the things that intrigue her about Sheldon who she really wants to be with?  I certainly hope the latter.

Sheldon is clearly on the rebound trying to mask his pain.    He just wants companionship and to be loved.   The fact that he trusts Howard and Raj to find him another girl is a subtle compliment to Amy, because he is in essence telling them they found him the right woman.   She's gone, so get me another one.    In the end, like his hunt for a new roommate, she fails his expectations, and I don't think he cares because he really doesn't want another one.

The spying, I don't know what the deal is with that.   Perhaps now that the gang know how Sheldon feels, they are trying to gauge Amy to see if there is any indication from her that she's still interested in Sheldon to see if there is anything for them to work with in helping them get back together.   Maybe Sheldon, and or Penny and Leonard have put Bernie up to the spying.   It's not the first time she's been put in that position.

Bernie has filmed Amy's date.  It would be nice if she managed to get some of the conversation between Dave and Amy into it.   The info about the ring has been made public on a podcast.    Perhaps the two together will be used as some type of solid evidence to prove to Sheldon and Amy how they feel about each other.   (Kind of like the mutual letters between Beatrice and Benedick in Much a Do About Nothing.) Perhaps the gang will really be the force that unites them together, because with all the misunderstandings, miscommunications, and assumptions between them, Shamy clearly cannot do it on their own right now.  Each is just making it worse on the other.  

Intervention is needed at this point, because Sheldon and Amy's bridge has been broken so badly right now that it needs some serious reconstruction to get things back to what they were before.

Another benefit to all this is that by the time all this is done, everyone, not only Shamy will know that Shamy is no longer a joke but the real quirky deal.

I find it interesting that Sheldon has a male admiraton, in that Dave is excited to have kissed a woman who has kissed Sheldon.

The TR was short, so I am sure there are plenty of details that are missing that, but this my take so far.

Still not happy with the break up, but I can certainly get on board with the way it seems to be coming to an end, where both of them know for sure that there is no one else but each other.

I love vonmar's idea that Shamy have their final blow up in front of everyone only to crash together with their realization in the end.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

.   The info about the ring has been made public on a podcast.    

i must have missed something when did this happen??

Maybe the reason they encourage them to date others, is that They think Amy could be happier with someone who treats her better. As for why they help Sheldon, maybe they think there's someone out there that might tolerate Sheldon's brand of 'romance' better than Amy. I always thought 'Emily' from earlier in season 3 (episode 12) would have made a better match. They share common interests, she was impressed by Sheldon's 'Hulk Hands', and his Green Lantern Lantern (so she was into comic books) and she liked to play 'Rock Band' (so she was into video games) and despite Sheldon's indifference she wanted a second date with him.

http://images.tvfanatic.com/iu/s--UMNhDtKo--/t_xlarge_l/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_75/v1371135075/raj-sheldon-play-rock-band.png

She's the woman on the right.

Her name is Martha....not Emily

in episode 7. Sheldon reveals he was planning on proposing during Wil Wheaton's documentary.

Other than that, I gotta say I find the idea that Sheldon would even consider dating others to be totally OOC. I won't elaborate on why because I think it should be obvious given how he was.

Besides that, am i missing something? Because from what ive read on the TR, it really doesnt sound like Vanessa was actually Sheldon's date. More like a candidate for it.

:icon_lol:

Damn, its been long since I've posted here...

• Like 3

In the episode 9.6 taping that will be aired after 9.7, Wil Wheaton is recording a podcast, and Sheldon inadvertently reveals the ring and his feelings about Amy to Penny while the whole thing is being recorded.

in episode 7. Sheldon reveals he was planning on proposing during Wil Wheaton's documentary.

In the episode 9.6 taping that will be aired after 9.7, Wil Wheaton is recording a podcast, and Sheldon inadvertently reveals the ring and his feelings about Amy to Penny while the whole thing is being recorded.

It was recorded for Nimoy jr's documentary about his father - not Wheaton's podcast. It hasn't been made public, as far as we know.

sorry,  a documentary which is still in production not a podcast the film is not public

Edited by JE7

Other than that, I gotta say I find the idea that Sheldon would even consider dating others to be totally OOC. I won't elaborate on why because I think it should be obvious given how he was.

Besides that, am i missing something? Because from what ive read on the TR, it really doesnt sound like Vanessa was actually Sheldon's date. More like a candidate for it.

:icon_lol:

Damn, its been long since I've posted here...

Actually, Luna.   Sheldon is acting totally IC.    He is desperate to fill a void and is going through the motions.

Amy opened his heart and now he doesn't know what to do with the feelings he is having.   They aren't going away, so he is looking for an outlet since Amy is not there to provide it.

A Sheldon before Amy never would be doing the things he is doing now.   It is because of Amy that he is doing them now.   He's not betraying her.  He's moving on because he feels he has no choice, and he can't go back to what he was knowing what he knows now.

It was recorded for Nimoy jr's documentary about his father - not Wheaton's podcast. It hasn't been made public, as far as we know.

Thanks for the clarification. 

sorry not a podvast a documentary which is still in production not a podcast the film is not public

Thank you, too, for the clarification.   Anyway, I know it was out there somewhere.  Sometimes my recollection of the TRs is fuzzy.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

I'd think he'd try to fill the void with science of something.

But as a whole I'm not bothered by this latest development. My feelings may or may not change when I see the ep but as things are right now I'm fine with it :cool:

But I just want them both to move on from this dating others business. I'm getting tired of it.

Actually, Luna.   Sheldon is acting totally IC.    He is desperate to fill a void and is going through the motions.

Amy opened his heart and now he doesn't know what to do with the feelings he is having.   They aren't going away, so he is looking for an outlet since Amy is not there to provide it.

A Sheldon before Amy never would be doing the things he is doing now.   It is because of Amy that he is doing them now.   He's not betraying her.  He's moving on because he feels he has no choice, and he can't go back to what he was knowing what he knows now.

Thanks for the clarification. 

Thank you, too, for the clarification.   Anyway, I know it was out there somewhere.  Sometimes my recollection of the TRs is fuzzy.

yeah iget that to and there is no logical reason to include that particular footage in the finished documentary it would be edited out so it will never be "public"

• Like 1

i want wil to show it to amy at some point. It has nothing to do with the documentary and would be cut, but as we saw at howard's bachelor party,  he couldn't keep something juicy secret, and since he's sheldon's friend now (and to get karma back for wrecking leonard and Penny) I want him to be deliberately helpful. 

• Like 3

But I just want them both to move on from this dating others business. I'm getting tired of it.

its only been two episodes its not like they have been out dating others for months

Edited by JE7

i want wil to show it to amy at some point. It has nothing to do with the documentary and would be cut, but as we saw at howard's bachelor party,  he couldn't keep something juicy secret, and since he's sheldon's friend now (and to get karma back for wrecking leonard and Penny) I want him to be deliberately helpful. 

I also want the tape to go to Amy - Idk how close she and Wil are actually, so I'd guess he may give it to Penny first.

I'd think he'd try to fill the void with science of something.

But as a whole I'm not bothered by this latest development. My feelings may or may not change when I see the ep but as things are right now I'm fine with it :cool:

They've barely dated anyone.

Amy got asked out by Stuart and Kripke, but turned them both down.  Sheldon half-heartedly asked out two random women and was quickly shot down.  And he was only doing that because his friends told him that was the way to deal with the thought of Amy possible dating others.

So know Amy goes on one date with Dave and Sheldon sees the good-night kiss, then Amy agrees to one more date while Sheldon apparently tries to date someone since Amy seems to be doing so.  Neither Sheldon nor Amy's date ends well.

So this "dating others" amounts to maybe two dates at most, at this point.

• Like 4

Vanessa(Analeigh Tipton) is way too young and  pretty for Sheldon. she was in Panty Piñata when Howard and Raj visited  the America's Top model's house.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

They've barely dated anyone.

Amy got asked out by Stuart and Kripke, but turned them both down.  Sheldon half-heartedly asked out two random women and was quickly shot down.  And he was only doing that because his friends told him that was the way to deal with the thought of Amy possible dating others.

So know Amy goes on one date with Dave and Sheldon sees the good-night kiss, then Amy agrees to one more date while Sheldon apparently tries to date someone since Amy seems to be doing so.  Neither Sheldon nor Amy's date ends well.

So this "dating others" amounts to maybe two dates at most, at this point.

Amy has went on three more dates, but we do not get to see those.

Her name is Martha....not Emily

Sorry, my mistake. I'll change it. Thanks for your correction.

Edited by eirwinrommel
  • Like 1

The reason I liked shamy was because they were so different to all other tv couples and now the stupid break up is here, they are no different to any other TV couple who goes through a break up

They can't get the uniqueness back now, no matter what anyone says

• Like 3

The reason I liked shamy was because they were so different to all other tv couples and now the stupid break up is here, they are no different to any other TV couple who goes through a break up

They can't get the uniqueness back now, no matter what anyone says

But it's fun Rachel, tell me you are not laughing your ass off regarding this break up.

fCsOK.gif

• Like 2