[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

I have seen pictures of the guy. Sheldon's date on the other hand was on America's Top Model. It could of been funny if they went on a double date and the other two hooked up leaving Amy and Sheldon alone.

I think this is playing out as it should--bad timing, miscommunication, mixed feelings.

And I'm glad the others didn't run and tell Amy about the ring because that would skew her thoughts and feelings and prevent her from making an honest decision.  Just like if he had told her about the ring that first night.  Would she say yes for the wrong reasons?

I think that's still the case here.  They have to work out their feelings and what they want or do not want on their own, without the interference of the others.  They've already had interference in the "you should move on" conversations.  I don't think they need any more influence from the others.

And I don't think the writers are off point at all.  This storyline is appropriate and a good development, IMO.

Yours is a popular post, so here I go with my unpopular opinion (because it will contradict yours). I think you are completely wrong. If the others go and tell Amy about the ring they are not interfering, they simply are allowing her to have the complete information. I will grant you that it is by no means anybody's obligation to tell her, but it is NOT interference if they do. Some poster alluded to the fact that Penny was being written OOC for not saying anything and I agree.

The fact that if she knows about the ring it will skew her thoughts and feelings is a definite possibility, but it will NOT make her say yes for the wrong reasons. Knowing about the ring will mean that for the first time she will have ALL the information, so in actuality knowing about the ring is the only way she has of making an informed decision. Maybe when she knows about the ring, she knows what Sheldon's intentions are (for the first time) and decides that they should start talking again, OR she decides that it is too little too late, I don't know. The fact is that in order to make the best decision possible she has to have all the facts. As simple as that.

• Like 8

From TVLine: http://tvline.com/2015/10/21/the-big-bang-theory-stephen-merchant-annaleigh-tipton-cast/

Has Big Bang Theory Cast New Love Interests for Sheldon and Amy?

The CBS comedy has cast Stephen Merchant (Hello Ladies) and Analeigh Tipton (Manhattan Love Story) as Season 9 guest stars, TVLine has confirmed.

While the network would not confirm who Merchant and Tipton will be playing, reports from audience members who attended the taping of Episode 9 suggest they’ll appear as respective dates for the recently broken-up Amy and Sheldon.

Hmmmm....wonder where they got this from?

• Like 3

Yours is a popular post, so here I go with my unpopular opinion (because it will contradict yours). I think you are completely wrong. If the others go and tell Amy about the ring they are not interfering, they simply are allowing her to have the complete information. I will grant you that it is by no means anybody's obligation to tell her, but it is NOT interference if they do. Some poster alluded to the fact that Penny was being written OOC for not saying anything and I agree.

The fact that if she knows about the ring it will skew her thoughts and feelings is a definite possibility, but it will NOT make her say yes for the wrong reasons. Knowing about the ring will mean that for the first time she will have ALL the information, so in actuality knowing about the ring is the only way she has of making an informed decision. Maybe when she knows about the ring, she knows what Sheldon's intentions are (for the first time) and decides that they should start talking again, OR she decides that it is too little too late, I don't know. The fact is that in order to make the best decision possible she has to have all the facts. As simple as that.

IMO, it would be better if she got this information directly from Sheldon in an honest face-to-face conversation, not hearing through the interpretation of Penny or anyone else.

The reason she doesn't have all the information is that she hasn't given Sheldon a chance to talk about it, and she hasn't sat down to talk about her own feelings.  I'd rather she talk to him and allow him to tell her about it in his own way.

• Like 2

IMO, it would be better if she got this information directly from Sheldon in an honest face-to-face conversation, not hearing through the interpretation of Penny or anyone else.

The reason she doesn't have all the information is that she hasn't given Sheldon a chance to talk about it, and she hasn't sat down to talk about her own feelings.  I'd rather she talk to him and allow him to tell her about it in his own way.

they just had a face to face in last nights episode.

• Like 2

The reason I liked shamy was because they were so different to all other tv couples and now the stupid break up is here, they are no different to any other TV couple who goes through a break up

They can't get the uniqueness back now, no matter what anyone says

But perhaps the brand of "specialness" that you attribute to them was only in your mind...

But it's fun Rachel, tell me you are not laughing your ass off regarding this break up.

fCsOK.gif

It's sarcasm, but it's bad sarcasm. A break up is not supposed to be funny, obviously. They are just continuing to tell the story they want to tell. Just that.

• Like 2

More information on the taping on Tuesday 10/20:

Amy ended things because she was irritated that Dave spent the whole night asking questions about Sheldon.  It had nothing to do with being reminded of the things she loved about Sheldon.

Oh, Tensor thank you for the information.   Greatly appreciated.

I was on such a Shamy high, today, but this little tidbit has brought me back down again.    So, it seems there's still no spark for Sheldon only further irritation on Amy's end.   Makes me afraid this break up is going to be drawn out even longer.

I guess we'll have to wait for airing to get a definitive perspective.

• Like 4

But perhaps the brand of "specialness" that you attribute to them was only in your mind...

It's sarcasm, but it's bad sarcasm. A break up is not supposed to be funny, obviously. They are just continuing to tell the story they want to tell. Just that.

"specialness"="weirdness"? Your watching the show wrong Carlos. Shamy is too "special" to break up. There an 8.2 remember. 

• Like 4

So very dissappointed right now!

I hope the episode at least ends up being funny (because of Lenny and Bernie's antics mainly I guess), because otherwise it comes across as just a giant celebration of the 'awesomeness' that is Sheldon Cooper :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 4

So very dissappointed right now!

I hope the episode at least ends up being funny (because of Lenny and Bernie's antics mainly I guess), because otherwise it comes across as just a giant celebration of the 'awesomeness' that is Sheldon Cooper :icon_rolleyes:

Isn't that what most people on this thread want?

• Like 1

I'm hoping we get a couple funny episodes taped next.  I think the Hofstadters  living between the two apartments could be really funny, especially if Penny continues her sloppy ways and  treats both apartments as home.  

• Like 3

I'm hoping we get a couple funny episodes taped next.  I think the Hofstadters  living between the two apartments could be really funny, especially if Penny continues her sloppy ways and  treats both apartments as home.  

I hope Leonard gets a discount on his rent Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

But it is exciting and interesting, to use Mr Steve Molaro's own words:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-793742

"We don't know exactly where they are but after five years, I think the answer is in the question. They have been dating, this is the fifth anniversary of their first date, and she can't even get through a make-out session without him thinking about television, so I understand her frustration. At the same time, I understand his side, which is: How much faster do you think I can go with this? It's an interesting place for them to be; it seems very real and I think it's exciting that we're shaking things up."

• Like 1

"We don't know exactly where they are but after five years, I think the answer is in the question. They have been dating, this is the fifth anniversary of their first date, and she can't even get through a make-out session without him thinking about television, so I understand her frustration. At the same time, I understand his side, which is: How much faster do you think I can go with this? It's an interesting place for them to be; it seems very real and I think it's exciting that we're shaking things up."

He did say it was exciting but nothing about funny Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I actually agree with what Molaro says.

• Like 5

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic