The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

I actually agree with what Molaro says.

And that's okay.

Some ppl (like me) don't agree at all.

BTW Thanks Tensor and your contact for all the information, much appreciated.

He did say it was exciting but nothing about funny Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

But he's writing a comedy, so...

I don't know if it's discussed yet, but shouldn't there be a new script cover out already? Doesn't Bill Prady usually tweet it when they do table reading or have I missed something?

I've just seen the trailer for the season premiere on E4 and it has the bloody Shenny kiss in....

tumblr_inline_moyn9yTJGz1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

I've just seen the trailer for the season premiere on E4 and it has the bloody Shenny kiss in....

tumblr_inline_moyn9yTJGz1qz4rgp.gif

way to draw in viewers who will then be as surprised as we were when they learn the truth!

I actually agree with what Molaro says.

I would agree with it, if they weren't writing him trying to date other girls.  Seeking "a girlfriend" is already moving much faster than anything seen with "not my girfriend" Amy.  So he can move quickly when he likes.  He enjoyed having a girlfriend, so he'll simply get a new one.  No build up, no reluctance, just jump straight to girlfriend.  

• Like 5

way to draw in viewers who will then be as surprised as we were when they learn the truth!

I hope so. I'm staying clear of E4 till then :laugh:. Can't. Unsee. Things. 

• Like 2

she served a specific purpose, she was a possible long term match for Leonard and made penny realize another woman might get him, that he didn't have to just wait around until she was ready and she needed and wanted him for real

that was brilliant by the way :icon_razz:

You made me realize the dynamics here. So... We can easily conclude from that that the Shamies should look forward to something similar with their Doctors. I think I see a writer's pattern here. Maybe it's just me. Just sayin' eh

• Like 1

I would agree with it, if they weren't writing him trying to date other girls.  Seeking "a girlfriend" is already moving much faster than anything seen with "not my girfriend" Amy.  So he can move quickly when he likes.  He enjoyed having a girlfriend, so he'll simply get a new one.  No build up, no reluctance, just jump straight to girlfriend.  

It's partly the progression of the character and partly his reaction to learning that Amy is now dating others.

In the first few episodes, he was talking about how his friendships with Leonard and the others and his relationship with Amy had "ruined" him by opening him up to his feelings, especially amy, who made him love her.

And then he finds out that Amy is indeed dating others, so he decides to try that as well.

He's not the same person who insisted that Amy was not his girlfriend 5 years ago.  He's still stinging from the breakup and now the new knowledge that she seems to be moving on as the guys told him he should do.

But it's not as if he's out doing the club scene or looking to hook up.  He's going about it in his own quirky way and it ends up not resulting in a date after all, let alone a girlfriend.

• Like 7

I think there's still plenty of room for an intense moment after all these dating attempts.  But I think it's important for each of them to imagine that the other might be moving on, might be attractive to others.

I think they both may have been guilty of thinking that they were doing the other a favor in dating them.  Sheldon with his "I don't see anyone else knocking on your door" comment, Amy telling him off finally.

She may think he's too selfish, rude and thoughtless to be a good boyfriend, so who else would be interested in dating him?  She may have gotten over her naive, "he's the best boyfriend" sentiment, at least for the moment, and she can't imagine that he would be impossible for anyone to deal with.

So now their eyes are being opened a little, at least in their imaginations.  She apparently hadn't imagined that he might try dating others.  He is stunned that she might be moving on from him completely by dating others.

But they haven't had a chance, or haven't taken the chance, to actually sit down and talk.  Again, with their bad timing and miscommunication, they each think the other has completely moved on.

Why should Sheldon try to win her back if she's dating (and kissing!) someone else?  She's obviously not coming back, as far as he can tell.

Why should she try to get back with him when he's moved on to asking other women out?  As far as she can tell, he's gotten over her.

To me, this is a good set up for an intense scene between the two of them--asking questions like, "why are you dating other people if you say you still love me?"  "Why didn't you tell me you still love me?"

And so forth.  There's a lot of air that needs to be cleared between them and I think that could be a very intense scene.

yea i'm not saying there are no opportunities for an intense moment anymore, just that i'm scared that the writers will pick one that's calm... I don't want that.

Well sorry but i just don't agree with you here =( I don't want either of them to be jealous.
I think Mayim said it beatifully in her grok nation article about the stairwell scene - "
Some people take rejection well. For me, it’s one of my most sensitive buttons in my real life. I feel like I’m being rejected if the label on my jar of jam doesn’t scan right at the market and I have to get a new one. I feel rejected if anyone has a conversation with someone else and I’m not involved.
I’m not a jealous person. I’m a person with a serious issue with being left out and rejected."

I can totally relate to that and according to Mayim Amy can also relate to that, so that's why i don't think Amy needs an 'eye-opener'. Because when you're rejection-oriented person, it will only make you feel... well, rejected, and NOT trying to make amends (simply because you're scared of being rejected, only by the person you've left now).
Sheldon, i'd agree with you if we were talking S7 , the cocky Sheldon definitely needed an eye-opener, but i don't believe it's true to him since like s9e4. I think he is different now and he's aware he's  not perfect (at least in Amy's eyes) and i don't think he needs to see her with other guys to further realize this.

Why should Sheldon try to win her back ... ?
If it's fear of rejection stopping him, i don't think he should. If it's pride stopping him, well, i think he should evaluate what's more important to him, love or pride.
And i don't think he should 'win her back'. I don't really believe in winning someone back... I think all he can do is be brave enough to be honest, let her know the depth of his feelings and that he's willing to compromise more, and if she knows that and it's STILL not enough for her well, at least he's done all he could.
Why Should she try to get back with him if he's moved on?
Again, i'm not thinking she should, but if she's really suffering without him, i think she can choose love over pride at tell him that, regardless whether he's 'dating' someone or not !

Well i'm hoping you're right!! about the intense scene. I just want it to be less logical and more emotional... I know many people here say they need to sit and just talk it through but i don't really want them to just talk calmly, i want emotions.... Anyway, the break up has gone pretty far now so i don't think a calm conversation would be possible or make sense at this stage.

I kinda wonder if that's exactly why they did it this way - to have a sort of "fun breather" episode in between two drama heavy ones...? It's a comedy after all and my guess would be that they're careful to not drag down the mood too much, maybe??

well, you know i agree with 99,5% of your posts haha and i hope you're right as usual : D   For now, i'll just be happy that the Spock Resonance seems to be really great (i hope it will be as good as it souned in the TR or better  ; ) and it will come out 1 day before my birthday so yay !  : D

• Like 2

Wasn't the kiss episode 2 though?

There's going to be a lot of very confused people when the premiere airs and there's no kiss!

yea i'm not saying there are no opportunities for an intense moment anymore, just that i'm scared that the writers will pick one that's calm... I don't want that.
Well sorry but i just don't agree with you here =( I don't want either of them to be jealous.
I think Mayim said it beatifully in her grok nation article about the stairwell scene - "
Some people take rejection well. For me, it’s one of my most sensitive buttons in my real life. I feel like I’m being rejected if the label on my jar of jam doesn’t scan right at the market and I have to get a new one. I feel rejected if anyone has a conversation with someone else and I’m not involved.I’m not a jealous person. I’m a person with a serious issue with being left out and rejected."
I can totally relate to that and according to Mayim Amy can also relate to that, so that's why i don't think Amy needs an 'eye-opener'. Because when you're rejection-oriented person, it will only make you feel... well, rejected, and NOT trying to make amends (simply because you're scared of being rejected, only by the person you've left now).
Sheldon, i'd agree with you if we were talking S7 , the cocky Sheldon definitely needed an eye-opener, but i don't believe it's true to him since like s9e4. I think he is different now and he's aware he's  not perfect (at least in Amy's eyes) and i don't think he needs to see her with other guys to further realize this.

Why should Sheldon try to win her back ... ?
If it's fear of rejection stopping him, i don't think he should. If it's pride stopping him, well, i think he should evaluate what's more important to him, love or pride.
And i don't think he should 'win her back'. I don't really believe in winning someone back... I think all he can do is be brave enough to be honest, let her know the depth of his feelings and that he's willing to compromise more, and if she knows that and it's STILL not enough for her well, at least he's done all he could.
Why Should she try to get back with him if he's moved on?
Again, i'm not thinking she should, but if she's really suffering without him, i think she can choose love over pride at tell him that, regardless whether he's 'dating' someone or not !

Well i'm hoping you're right!! about the intense scene. I just want it to be less logical and more emotional... I know many people here say they need to sit and just talk it through but i don't really want them to just talk calmly, i want emotions.... Anyway, the break up has gone pretty far now so i don't think a calm conversation would be possible or make sense at this stage.

well, you know i agree with 99,5% of your posts haha and i hope you're right as usual : D   For now, i'll just be happy that the Spock Resonance seems to be really great (i hope it will be as good as it souned in the TR or better  ; ) and it will come out 1 day before my birthday so yay !  : D

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying.

I was never talking about jealousy.  I was talking about how they each seemed to naively think that the other was simply going to wait alone until this all blew over.

Amy broke up with him and seems, judging by how surprised she was to hear that he was supposedly moving on, to have figured he would just stay alone or whatever.  I think that Mayim's quote does not condradict this.  In that moment in the hallway, Amy learns that he might not be waiting for her to work things out or think things through or whatever she was planning to do.  She'd had a couple of date offers, but hadn't really taken them seriously and was, apparently, still mulling over the idea of dating others.  But she never thought, for whatever reason, that Sheldon might be thinking of moving on from her, leaving her behind.

Her eyes were opened to that possibility which she apparently had not imagined.

Sheldon, on the other hand, has been stunned by the breakup, and had just learned that Kripke might ask her out, which has opened his eyes to the idea that she might actually date someone other than himself.  Leonard telling him that she "deserves to be happy" makes him consider that she isn't just treading water, but might actually move on to someone else.

His eyes have been opened to the possibility that he either hadn't considered or hadn't quite taken seriously until now.

The stuff about "winning him/her back" is from what they each could be thinking--that it's now too late to try to reconcile because the other is apparently moving on.  They both seem to think the other is back "on the market", so to speak.

So this sets them on that seesaw, reacting because of what they imagine is happening.

I do hope this lends itself to an intense scene where try finally realize their misunderstanding of what the other was doing or feeling and where they do spell out their fears and needs and expectations.

I don't need hair-pulling and wailing, but they've had plenty of serious relationship discussions before and I think this situation warrants at least that.

• Like 2

Tensor, thank you and your source, sharing all the updates I think this sounds like a fun episode.  Shamy are broken up and that is the reality for now.  I believe they will eventually find their ways back to each other. However, as this is playing out, I could see it going either way (dragged out or something shifts and boom Shamy 2.0).

I think it it's cute that Lenny and Bernadette are curious.  After all, they have no idea that Amy is conflicted.  And since they were probably confused why Amy was in a relationship with Sheldon in the first place (even though they supported it),  they are probably curious about the type of guy Amy would have 3 dates with.  Makes for good comedy...

A few of my opinions and probably not wildly popular but it's how I see it.

I cannot fault their friends at all for how they are acting.  Amy has not provided a single damn clue to her friends that she is seriously conflicted about this,  A lil bit maybe but she admits she is open to dating.  And I don't care how it is painted it's not Penny's place to tell her anything about the video or the ring.  If Amy would give Penny an inkling that she is conflicted, then the most I want to see Penny say is I think you really need to talk to Sheldon before you decide anything.  And leave it at that.  If Amy wants to learn more about why Penny would say something like this, then she needs to approach Sheldon to find out why Penny might say something like that.  

If Shamy get back together because he has a ring, isn't going to fix what prompted her to ask for space and eventually break up with him anyway.  Those problems will come back because they were not dealt with.  All IMO, of course.  Carry on...

• Like 6

@shamyyyy are you switching sides, love your new picture

haha do you mean between teamSheldon and teamAmy or between teamWritersareawesome or teamWriterswtf? 

or just leaving Shamy?

I'll never leave Shamy but they've been kinda upsetting me lately yeah  : p
And Penny's my fav character along with Sheldon and i just realized yesterday she never ever upset me .. I can't remember an episode when she pissed me off. And i wanted to have a profile pic with her 'wtf' face lol : D

• Like 5

I'm ready for a thunderstorm that clears the air (so to speak) if only to let Jim and Mayim loose and have a go at each other for the last big act in this story. It could be highly emotional and somewhat angsty but easily also very energetic and even funny. It just depends what they'll do with it.

And then we hopefully enter a long period of peace and cute Shamy bliss. lol

Aww, that's so kind of you to say! <3 But yes, I'm also eagerly anticipating the Spock episode. I don't want to set my expectations too high but it just sounds so good from the TR.

• Like 5

I can draw ONLY ONE CONCLUSION from this picture.  Laura is sitting in someone elses chair. :p

I'll bet she wanted to post a photo that shows HER NAME ON A CHAIR!!! (not yelling, just excited/happy for Ms. Spencer!)  Congratulations to her.  That is a very big deal!

• Like 4

I'll bet she wanted to post a photo that shows HER NAME ON A CHAIR!!! (not yelling, just excited/happy for Ms. Spencer!)  Congratulations to her.  That is a very big deal!

r_06.thumb.gif.b8800bc08e14fbfc47745e033

Yeah!  :shy:

• Like 5

haha do you mean between teamSheldon and teamAmy or between teamWritersareawesome or teamWriterswtf? 
or just leaving Shamy?

I'll never leave Shamy but they've been kinda upsetting me lately yeah  : p
And Penny's my fav character along with Sheldon and i just realized yesterday she never ever upset me .. I can't remember an episode when she pissed me off. And i wanted to have a profile pic with her 'wtf' face lol : D

I Knew passing out those pamphlets was a good idea!!!! :icon_razz:

• Like 2