[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the premiere just aired here in the UK and there's very much a mixed response on Twitter, some happy some not so much

Doesn't surprise me, happens every year. Although the mess that was Season 8 definitely hasn't helped those trying to defend the show from those who say it is declining in quality.

The Mona Lisa had "a mixed response on twitter", so I don't think we've got too much to worry about. 

Edited by Stewie99

On 22.10.2015 at 10:03 PM, rachelshamyfan said:

So the premiere just aired here in the UK and there's very much a mixed response on Twitter, some happy some not so much

066.gif

:shy:

Edited by veejay

I'll bet she wanted to post a photo that shows HER NAME ON A CHAIR!!! (not yelling, just excited/happy for Ms. Spencer!)  Congratulations to her.  That is a very big deal!

94f0cb21bd56b93e42b4e712200eced6.jpg

Give it a week, I'm sure for some it will turn around.

It looks like we are not getting a Halloween episode again this year but with the new show Supergirl on after Big Bang Monday what do you guys think Penny would look like dressed as Supergirl

w

Are we getting a Halloween episode?

The ep that airs on the 26th, which is closest to Halloween, is the Helium Insufficiency, which doesn't have anything to do with Halloween, as far as I know.

Then the next one to air, on 11/5, is the one about the Spock documentary.

Where did you hear there would be a Halloween episode?

The ep that airs on the 26th, which is closest to Halloween, is the Helium Insufficiency, which doesn't have anything to do with Halloween, as far as I know.

I said we are not I was just thinking what Penny would like dressed as Supergirl in a imagined Halloween party too bad the show not doing one I think the last one was when Penny and Leonard got it on in the Tardis

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying.

I was never talking about jealousy.  I was talking about how they each seemed to naively think that the other was simply going to wait alone until this all blew over.

Amy broke up with him and seems, judging by how surprised she was to hear that he was supposedly moving on, to have figured he would just stay alone or whatever.  I think that Mayim's quote does not condradict this.  In that moment in the hallway, Amy learns that he might not be waiting for her to work things out or think things through or whatever she was planning to do.  She'd had a couple of date offers, but hadn't really taken them seriously and was, apparently, still mulling over the idea of dating others.  But she never thought, for whatever reason, that Sheldon might be thinking of moving on from her, leaving her behind.

Her eyes were opened to that possibility which she apparently had not imagined.

Sheldon, on the other hand, has been stunned by the breakup, and had just learned that Kripke might ask her out, which has opened his eyes to the idea that she might actually date someone other than himself.  Leonard telling him that she "deserves to be happy" makes him consider that she isn't just treading water, but might actually move on to someone else.

His eyes have been opened to the possibility that he either hadn't considered or hadn't quite taken seriously until now.

The stuff about "winning him/her back" is from what they each could be thinking--that it's now too late to try to reconcile because the other is apparently moving on.  They both seem to think the other is back "on the market", so to speak.

So this sets them on that seesaw, reacting because of what they imagine is happening.

I do hope this lends itself to an intense scene where try finally realize their misunderstanding of what the other was doing or feeling and where they do spell out their fears and needs and expectations.

I don't need hair-pulling and wailing, but they've had plenty of serious relationship discussions before and I think this situation warrants at least that.

well i dunno, tbh I also, like Amy (probably) don't think Sheldon could move on. Yeah, he asked women out, and had a 'date', but it was so superficial. And i wouldn't see it any other way... I just don't see Sheldon honestly considering dating anybody else. Not because he owes it to Amy but because of who he is. To me his disinterest and condescension to having relationship (excluding Amy and his closest friends, and it took him a looong time to accept those relationships too) is an integral part of him. And one of the reasons i love him. So idk, i just don't see it as a 'real' possibility of him dating others. And i think Amy sees that too. The only possibility of him moving on i see is that he becomes this cynical/regressed/w/e and rejects Amy if he wants him back... But i just don't see him dating .

About Sheldon, idk , maybe you're right. I am not sure where I stand about him! I thought he realized it pretty well she might be dating others in '2003 approximation', but maybe you're right and he hasn't fully realized it until now!

aw yes, i agree with the bolded part : )

haha..... you said wailing and i remembered :

Penny: Well, I don’t know what else we can do but tell them the truth.
Sheldon: I suppose there’s no choice but to face the crying, angry accusations and the high-pitched wails of despair.
Penny: Yeah... And who knows how Amy will react.

:D

I'm ready for a thunderstorm that clears the air (so to speak) if only to let Jim and Mayim loose and have a go at each other for the last big act in this story. It could be highly emotional and somewhat angsty but easily also very energetic and even funny. It just depends what they'll do with it.

And then we hopefully enter a long period of peace and cute Shamy bliss. lol

Aww, that's so kind of you to say! <3 But yes, I'm also eagerly anticipating the Spock episode. I don't want to set my expectations too high but it just sounds so good from the TR.

i knowwwwwwwwwww. Waiting for it too!!

Im hoping for some Shamy bliss/peace soon yea, but for the 200th episode another milestone : D

Ikr! it sounded amazing from the TR but i'm just trying to be cool about it. But so far all S9 episodes on screen i liked much, much more than TRs

I said we are not I was just thinking what Penny would like dressed as Supergirl in a imagined Halloween party too bad the show not doing one I think the last one was when Penny and Leonard got it on in the Tardis

OIC--I must have just misread your post.  Sorry!

No, there is no Halloween episode that has been taped, so no.

hahah you knoww I loved Penny before , but since we're on the topic, can i have more Penny pamphlets pls ? : p

Yeah I changed mine to mad Penny

Here you go sweetie give them to all your friends......

tumblr_m7jkg08ALD1rrndevo1_r2_500.gif

Here's our newest pamphlet fresh from the printer........

1ff745aa3320eb0d180dde52a6ca65a6.jpg

Edited by JE7

I would agree with it, if they weren't writing him trying to date other girls.  Seeking "a girlfriend" is already moving much faster than anything seen with "not my girfriend" Amy.  So he can move quickly when he likes.  He enjoyed having a girlfriend, so he'll simply get a new one.  No build up, no reluctance, just jump straight to girlfriend.  

Is that not the way of human nature. Once a person has done something the first time they jump ahead to that point again more easily (and sometimes inappropriately) with someone new.

But he's writing a comedy, so...

And as in every sitcom I've ever watched there are funny moments and serious moments, just like there are funny moments in a drama. So this is nothing new. Furthermore there have been serious moments in TBBT, so I really don't know what you're trying to imply.

And another one

She seems really happy! Then again who wouldn't be getting a permanent gig on TBBT

Is that not the way of human nature. Once a person has done something the first time they jump ahead to that point again more easily (and sometimes inappropriately) with someone new.

Well wasn't that nice of Amy, warming him up for America's Next Top Model. Let's watch her feel like that for months.  Fun!  Everyone will want to buy the DVDs.  

Well wasn't that nice of Amy, warming him up for America's Next Top Model. Let's watch her feel like that for months.  Fun!  Everyone will want to buy the DVDs.  

i want to get the DVDs.  I've been rerunning what I've taped several times now.