The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

well everyone's different and that's cool ; ) I would love to have a friend like Sheldon

LOL not for long you wouldn't :icon_cheesygrin:

The wanting is all to often better than the having

• Like 5

The only things i would find truly annoying about him in real life is germophobia and punctuality.
I would not mind having a friend who would make a food schedule for me cause i love to eat the same food but i'm too lazy to do smth about it. And he only picks quality restaurants. 
I would love to have a friend who's this passionate about video games and just any entertainment in general (who would drag me to some cool movie premiere 8 hours in advance cause i'd wanna do it by myself, but i'd fail cause of lack of willpower).
I think he has like the coolest job in the world.
If you don't take his bs and ignore how he's condescending towards you, it is fun to be condescending with him about other people, he does arrogance better than anybody.
AND i'd like to have a friend who, like me, doesn't give a crap about fashion and wears bright t-shirts all the times because he wants to...

So.... no ; ) You're wrong this time haha 

• Like 8

The only things i would find truly annoying about him in real life is germophobia and punctuality.
I would not mind having a friend who would make a food schedule for me cause i love to eat the same food but i'm too lazy to do smth about it. And he only picks quality restaurants. 
I would love to have a friend who's this passionate about video games and just any entertainment in general (who would drag me to some cool movie premiere 8 hours in advance cause i'd wanna do it by myself, but i'd fail cause of lack of willpower).
I think he has like the coolest job in the world.
If you don't take his bs and ignore how he's condescending towards you, it is fun to be condescending with him about other people, he does arrogance better than anybody.
AND i'd like to have a friend who, like me, doesn't give a crap about fashion and wears bright t-shirts all the times because he wants to...

So.... no ; ) You're wrong this time haha 

and tthe 3:00 am disaster drills driving him whenever and wherever he wants to go your plans be damned, scheduling your boyfriends visits at least 12 hours ahead of time the ocd placement of food items in the frig and cabinets, his hypochondria and demands when he's sick  basically becoming a unpaid minion

Take off the rose colored glasses sweetie he would drive you crazy in real life

• Like 4

and tthe 3:00 am disaster drills driving him whenever and wherever he wants to go your plans be damned, scheduling your boyfriends visits at least 12 hours ahead of time the ocd placement of food items in the frig and cabinets, his hypochondria and demands when he's sick  basically becoming a unpaid minion

aww i wasn't talking about living with him just being friends! why you have to assume extremes i don't know. but frankly, i believe if a person with GUTS lived with him, these ridiculous agreements wouldn't exist. Penny always and Howard occasionally and Amy in S4-5 mostly stand up to him. It is not Sheldon's fault that Leonard lets him treat him the way he treats him.

What about OCD, it wouldn't bother me.

• Like 5

aww i wasn't talking about living with him just being friends! why you have to assume extremes i don't know. but frankly, i believe if a person with GUTS lived with him, these ridiculous agreements wouldn't exist. Penny always and Howard occasionally and Amy in S4-5 mostly stand up to him. It is not Sheldon's fault that Leonard lets him treat him the way he treats him.
What about OCD, it wouldn't bother me.

sigh a true believer....

M_nono.thumb.gif.d064bd41f7f123231dcc1876c826d7ab.gif

• Like 1

I think any lady could make sacrifices to live with Sheldon... amirite? ladies hubba hubba...

ps... I Hvae a High functioning Aspergers son who is very Sheldonesque... the things you do for love know no bounds.

image.gif

If I could sit and watch him lick that ice cream cone all day, I'd do it...

• Like 6

sigh a true believer....

M_nono.thumb.gif.d064bd41f7f123231dcc1876c826d7ab.gif

i have no idea why you have to put down the character i love out of the blue, my original post wasn't even a reply to you 

but whatever ; )

Maybe that's why Amy took a break from Sheldon. Amy saw what living with Sheldon did to Leonard, and now has second thoughts.:icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

i have no idea why you have to put down the character i love out of the blue, my original post wasn't even a reply to you 
but whatever ; )

i am not putting him down everything I said was a fact amply demonstrated over the last 8 years he was designed and is written to be unbearable.

It was simply a fun conversation about Sheldon but you took it personally, sorry for that and i will simply not discuss the charecterzations on the show with you again to avoid any hurt feelings

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

i am not putting him down everything I said was a fact amply demonstrated over the last 8 years he was designed and is written to be unbearable.

It was simply a fun conversation about Sheldon but you took it personally, sorry for that and i will simply not discuss the charecterzations on the show with you again to avoid any hurt feelings

thank you :)  that's much appreciated :) sorry i just hate arguments, i believe we all have reasons for our opinions and we're unlikely to change them. I try to only comment on the posts i agree with unless there's smth i strongly strongly disagree with (like when people were judging Amy for the break-up/dating). So yea, that'd be cool not to argue : p

• Like 1

thank you :)  that's much appreciated :) sorry i just hate arguments, i believe we all have reasons for our opinions and we're unlikely to change them. I try to only comment on the posts i agree with unless there's smth i strongly strongly disagree with (like when people were judging Amy for the break-up/dating). So yea, that'd be cool not to argue : p

Glad we straightened that out :icon_razz:

just remember this is the general discussion thread and as long we are polite and respectful ANYTHING about the show is pretty much fair game

Glad we straightened that out :icon_razz:

just remember this is the general discussion thread and as long we are polite and respectful ANYTHING about the show is pretty much fair game

i know! 

but i always thought you were sweet and light-hearted so i thought you wouldn't pick up a fight with me x D

Anyway in general this is a good idea, i should probably stop posting here, or in Shamy thread, or pretty much anywhere on the forum except for spoiler free and maybe celebs, cause all this fighting that's been going on lately (esp regarding Shamy) is getting to me ( I guess my nerves are just not good enough to be on a forum.

Anyways i'm sorry for an off topic post mods, this is the last : )

• Like 1

i know! but i always thought you were sweet and light-hearted so i thought you wouldn't pick up a fight with me x D

Anyway in general this is a good idea, i should probably stop posting here, or in Shamy thread, or pretty much anywhere on the forum except for spoiler free and maybe celebs, cause all this fighting that's been going on lately (esp regarding Shamy) is getting to me ( I guess my nerves are just not good enough to be on a forum.

And another one bites the dust. Please don't go...this is sad....what the hell?

• Like 4

And another one bites the dust. Please don't go...this is sad....what the hell?

idk, just too much stress lately  : p 

i need some kolinahr maybe ))) and preferably to stay afk at least till the TR morning!..

• Like 3

idk, just too much stress lately  : p 
i need some kolinahr maybe ))) and preferably to stay afk at least till the TR morning!..

I get it, sometimes you need a really thick skin to hang out in in such a passionate fandom..you need to do what is right for you.  Come back when you are ready.

• Like 8

So many good posters have left due to the negativity and meanness around here.  Not calling myself a good poster but I am never on here any more becuase being quoted meanly hurts my sensitive feelings.  I have ignored so many users that only half the feed shows up anyways... so just choose your words wisely... and Let's remember the words of a wise woman Jewel "In the end only kindness matters."

• Like 4

I think not. If that were true Shamy would be over for good. I think she is not having a good time.

Exactly. You just made my point.
If Amy isn't having fun (especially with Dave) why did she agree to go out with him three times?

i know! 
but i always thought you were sweet and light-hearted so i thought you wouldn't pick up a fight with me x D

Dont go! Remember Denis Kim. And have a <hug>.

• Like 1

Exactly. You just made my point.If Amy isn't having fun (especially with Dave) why did she agree to go out with him three times?

We will know more after the episodes air.

To quote Mr Spock:-

"After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

And he only picks quality restaurants. 

Or do people pick them for him?

what the hell?

Obviously to be read in Amy's voice. :) 

i know! 

i am truly sorry you thought I was fighting with you, as a non shipper I can argue most side of an issue and thought we were just debating. You do what you feel is right for you but I am sorry for contributing to your stress

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1