The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

I caught 9.01 last night, on E4 catchup.

I just caught it on Friday, I thought it was much better than I expected it to be after having read the taping reports! I thought the wedding was actually really sweet and quite funny! I don't think Lenny would have ever had a conventional wedding, they aren't a conventional couple! 

• Like 2

If you are friends with Sheldon at least you know where you stand with him, he always tells it like it is and won't lie (as he can't)

He can lie. He can't keep someone's secret.

latest?cb=20110312144447

bbt-sheldon-bra-amy-300x200.jpg

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

What did you think to it?

It was OK, but I don't buy the idea, that they'd have to lie to Leonard and Penny, about having seen the wedding.

Surely Howard, a genius with computers, would've been recording the web broadcast?

Exactly. You just made my point.If Amy isn't having fun (especially with Dave) why did she agree to go out with him three times?

Maybe Dave didn't know Amy knew Sheldon till the third date. Once Dave found out Amy knew Sheldon, Dave went all fanboy about him.

Not sure if this is fact or speculation. Have to wait for episodes to air.

• Like 2

he always tells it like it is and won't lie (as he can't)

Actually, he can lie, and he's quite good at it too, as he demonstrated in Desperation Emanation.

• Like 1

He can lie. He can't keep someone's secret.

latest?cb=20110312144447

bbt-sheldon-bra-amy-300x200.jpg

really?

he can't keep a secret ............lol

sheldon can lie and also can keep a secret...... 

• Like 1

really?

he can't keep a secret ............lol

sheldon can lie and also can keep a secret...... 

Wondering which example you are thinking of. He can keep his own secrets. It is keeping them for others he has trouble with.

• Like 1

Now I'm curious, what are people suggesting?

It's kind of hilarious,,,

Johnny Depp as Amy's new love interest

Danny Devito as Sheldon's new boss(?)

Steve Buscemi as Stuart's dad

etc...:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5

thank you :)  that's much appreciated :) sorry i just hate arguments, i believe we all have reasons for our opinions and we're unlikely to change them. I try to only comment on the posts i agree with unless there's smth i strongly strongly disagree with (like when people were judging Amy for the break-up/dating). So yea, that'd be cool not to argue : p

But without disagreements there would be so many less posts  in these forums. Furthermore I disagree with you that sometimes opinions cannot be changed. There is a particular Shamy poster who has opened my eyes to her points of view. I mean I haven't become a Shamy or anything but I am more open minded as a result of my interactions with her. Besides that, sorry to harp on the same issue, but if you lived with Sheldon I'm sure you'd argue unless you did everything he told you to. And finally shamyyyy, relax, it's all in good fun. Have a laugh, it's a sitcom after all.

Edited by Carlos
Spelling
  • Like 4

Based on a hypothetical scenario, having Sheldon as a friend does have its appeal.

He is extremely loyal.   He may fight, argue, resist, and make fun of you, but in the end when you need him, he is there.   If you are a friend of his, he is forgiving if you hurt him.   When he realizes he is wrong, which is rare, he does try to make amends in his own way.

He is also extremely smart.   While his comments are off the wall, inappropriate, and insulting, if you strip away the presentation, most of what he says is extremely factual and on point with the moment or situation.

Sheldon really does have a heart of gold underneath his selfish exterior.  I know that if I'm ever in a bad mood or feeling down, he's is going to make me a nice cup of hot tea.    If I am low on money, he will let me borrow whatever sum I need with no deadline to pay it back.   If I fall in the bathtub, he will help dress me, drive me to the hospital, and fill out my paperwork for me, and then sing me soft-kitty.     

Sheldon believes in gender equality.  Yes, he may poke fun at the biological differences between the sexes, but he respects a woman's contribution to science and society, even if he has an issue with the field of study.

Sheldon is fun to hang out with.  I enjoy my share of superheroes, zoos, movies, conventions, chess games, etc.

Finally, Sheldon is extremely picky about those he chooses to associate with and allow into his inner circle.   If Sheldon were to ever become my friend, I'd consider it an honor.  In addition, it says something about me that I'd be willing to let someone like him into my life rather than rule out his ability to contribute to the quality of it because of a few bad traits.   

There is no doubt at all that Sheldon is difficult, annoying, and embarrassing to be around sometimes, causing one to go bonkers putting up with him.  If someone is willing to cover those over with patience and forgiveness, the value that he provides as a friend does shines through.   

5845fbaedc3c0963ff4bf2bd2723ccab.jpg

• Like 2

They were not very accurate in the article...In The Transporter Malfunction Leonard Nimoy is actually in the episode, we heard his voice off screen!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1