The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Dont go! Remember Denis Kim. And have a <hug>.

heyyyy i don't remember.. what was it about Denis Kim?? (similar to this situation ) all i remember about him is he was north korean prodigy scaring Sheldon lol?

Or do people pick them for him?

he picks restaurants, then people pick the food from them for the rest of their life  x D

i am truly sorry you thought I was fighting with you, as a non shipper I can argue most side of an issue and thought we were just debating. You do what you feel is right for you but I am sorry for contributing to your stress

NP : p Like i said i'm just not a good forum person ))) I hate debates haha. And don't worry, 2 days away from obsessing over TBBT were actually really good for me haha !

But without disagreements there would be so many less posts  in these forums. Furthermore I disagree with you that sometimes opinions cannot be changed. There is a particular Shamy poster who has opened my eyes to her points of view. I mean I haven't become a Shamy or anything but I am more open minded as a result of my interactions with her. Besides that, sorry to harp on the same issue, but if you lived with Sheldon I'm sure you'd argue unless you did everything he told you to. And finally shamyyyy, relax, it's all in good fun. Have a laugh, it's a sitcom after all.

I'm not saying i wouldn't argue with him!  (Although, originally i wasn't talking about being roommates with him but just being friends!). If i lived with him i'd probably yell at him quite often.  My point was that i like him.. Also to me the ideal model of communicating with Sheldon was always Penny. She never took his bs. Half of the time she ignored it cause she realized he can't help it and she wasn't really hurt , half of the time (when he did frustrate her) she fought with him. So i would say in my opinion Sheldon's only a pain in the ass if you're scared of conflict and can't stand up for yourself.
As for the rest of what you said i just completely disagree sorry!
Also, it's not the sitcom that's been upsetting me, so no need to relax ; )

• Like 2

I'm not saying i wouldn't argue with him!  (Although, originally i wasn't talking about being roommates with him but just being friends!). If i lived with him i'd probably yell at him quite often.  My point was that i like him.. Also to me the ideal model of communicating with Sheldon was always Penny. She never took his bs. Half of the time she ignored it cause she realized he can't help it and she wasn't really hurt , half of the time (when he did frustrate her) she fought with him. So i would say in my opinion Sheldon's only a pain in the ass if you're scared of conflict and can't stand up for yourself.As for the rest of what you said i just completely disagree sorry!
Also, it's not the sitcom that's been upsetting me, so no need to relax ; )

Hey, no problem here. Agree to disagree as they say. Not all of us can react to the same things the same way.

• Like 1

I can only speak for the Shamy fans because I wasn't around the forum during the whole Lenny debate.

I think Season 9 has brought out the worst in Shamy shippers and non-shippers a like.

Shamyyyy, I just wanted to jump in here to tell you, that when I first started participating in this forum, I was a timid little mouse afraid to say boo for the fear that I would tick someone off.     I had regulars who liked my posts, and when they would post something in disagreement to what I was saying, I felt guilty that I had rubbed them the wrong way and felt that I needed to rearrange my position somehow to come to their POV.   They were my "like" buddies, and heaven forbid I should actually post something they didn't like.   It would scare me into thinking they would never "like" me again.   

However, as time went on and my passions, especially that for Sheldon, grew stronger, I couldn't help but defend myself and realized I had a very unpopular opinion.   I stopped adjusting my view just to make someone happy and instead spent more time defending my position, while reading others viewpoints to see if perhaps I was indeed missing something or needed to reevaluate my position based on the opposing argument.   Sometimes those debates served to further solidify my view.  Some of peoples arguments regarding my POV seemed downright harsh and critical, and sometimes I took it personally.  

However, the more I explored the forum, I realized that all of us go through these phases.  I think the majority of us are faceless names and avatars who have come together over a passion for this show.   We'll argue and debate, but then we either let bygones by bygones and eventually agree to disagree, at some point end up on the same page, or adapt our commentary to the personalities that we have come to know about specific members on the forums.

I've been tempted to leave the forum in the past due to a disagreement with another member, but there are many who appreciate my participation, whether to agree or disagree, and look forward to seeing my Avatar pop up with a new post.  Disagreements come and go, but each member is a valued contributor whose input promotes responses that keep the threads going.

You are one of those valued contributors, Shamyyyy.   We may have different view points at times, but I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to your participation when you decide to return.

I have a feeling that Season 9 is going to take a turn and things will start to get more Shamy/Sheldon positive in here.  

Regarding you wanting a friend like Sheldon, I am with you, however, like his friends, I'd be tempted to kill him a whole lot.  

There is some truth to the statement that sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting.   Buyer beware, so-to-speak.    If one takes the fictional wrapper off of Sheldon's character and plants him into reality, I think one's level of tolerance for him could very well be tested when they realize the option to turn off the television no longer exists.    That was the point that others were trying to get across, that's all.  

aww thank you so much for all your kinds words, it's made me feel much better, really : ) 

I also wasn't around at that time (actually even during season 8), but i agree, that's probably true!

Yea, i really often feel like you felt at the beginning, too! I mean i can disagree/argue, but that makes me highly uncomfortable ( i guess like to Sheldon leaving things unfinished), so i just only argue if something seems really important...
And it's just that i don't have a problem there's a real disagreement, based on simply different personalities, experiences, or points of view. It's just that often i feel like i don't express my point of view properly/the way i mean to, and that people disagree with something that i didn't even mean, but i don't know how to explain that! it's pissing me off and than i think i shouldn't have even started speaking on that topic x D Like i see people here who express their POVs much clearer and better and i'm like 'man, why can't i do that?!'

I'm not saying i'd love to live with Sheldon! Although idk, it might be tolerable. But i think a friendship could be really really real. I mean, like Amy said 'and many of your quirks that others find repellent (or smth like that) i find cute as a button'. I'd just really, really, really would love to have a friend who hated mess so much that he'd organize my closet, all my clothes, my food and even medicine! And explain to me wtf is % of fiber in cereal and organize it for me
I mean that's beside the point that i find him generally really entertaining and funny.. I just don't think his OCD would bother me. Maybe that's because we're too alike with him in some ways but idk. I like how he has a system for his shirts, and for his food, and all that. I don't find it weird ; )

• Like 2

<snip>

Yea, i really often feel like you felt at the beginning, too! I mean i can disagree/argue, but that makes me highly uncomfortable ( i guess like to Sheldon leaving things unfinished), so i just only argue if something seems really important...
And it's just that i don't have a problem there's a real disagreement, based on simply different personalities, experiences, or points of view. It's just that often i feel like i don't express my point of view properly/the way i mean to, and that people disagree with something that i didn't even mean, but i don't know how to explain that! it's pissing me off and than i think i shouldn't have even started speaking on that topic x D Like i see people here who express their POVs much clearer and better and i'm like 'man, why can't i do that?!'

I'm not saying i'd love to live with Sheldon! Although idk, it might be tolerable. But i think a friendship could be really really real. I mean, like Amy said 'and many of your quirks that others find repellent (or smth like that) i find cute as a button'. I'd just really, really, really would love to have a friend who hated mess so much that he'd organize my closet, all my clothes, my food and even medicine! And explain to me wtf is % of fiber in cereal and organize it for me
I mean that's beside the point that i find him generally really entertaining and funny.. I just don't think his OCD would bother me. Maybe that's because we're too alike with him in some ways but idk. I like how he has a system for his shirts, and for his food, and all that. I don't find it weird ; )

Oh, I just love the bold part.   That is so cute, and I'd love to have that, too.

Regarding the issue of not expressing the POV properly.   I get that, because many times the things I write are taken all out of context by others, but I can't think of any other way to get my point across then the way I wrote it.   Sometimes my attempt to correct the matter only makes it worse.    I think this is when I take it personally, when I know someone is totally misunderstanding what I'm trying to express, rather than disagreeing.

There are people on this forum, wowbagger, koops, phantagrae, nickelette, stardustmelody (to name a few) who express themselves so much better than I can in essay format, and when I read their posts, I'm like, why couldn't I have said what they wrote because it's exactly what I meant to say, too.

Then there are ones like Carlos, JE7, phantagrae, and koops again who have provided such convincing opposing views that I really get to thinking about my own POV sometimes.   Doesn't mean I'll change it, but perhaps I'll soften it a bit.

I have been known to have one view and then have it totally changed by an episode airing that provides a clearer picture or from the convincing arguments of others.   I'm guilty of vacillating on my opinions.

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to come back and hang out.

• Like 3

I have found that when I start to feel extra sensitive about posts that stepping back for a while helps out greatly.  Probably why I will never be on the leaderboard for the most posts in a week, month or year :)

• Like 6

So I know that's everyone is excited about tonight's taping (boy I know I am...) but what does everyone think is actually going to happen? This season has not gone how I expected it to but I think it's actually turned out fantastically, so for all I know we might have a shamy proposal (I can keep on dreaming...) :scratchhead:

• Like 1

So I know that's everyone is excited about tonight's taping (boy I know I am...) but what does everyone think is actually going to happen? This season has not gone how I expected it to but I think it's actually turned out fantastically, so for all I know we might have a shamy proposal (I can keep on dreaming...) :scratchhead:

Other shows I can come close to guessing what actually happens onscreen, TBBT not so much lol! 

I'm hoping for, at the very least, a serious grown up Shamy talk and a few laughs :meeting: but that bolded part would be great too :icon_razz:

• Like 1

They were not very accurate in the article...In The Transporter Malfunction Leonard Nimoy is actually in the episode, we heard his voice off screen!

Well, technically, they're correct.  He never appeared in an episode.  He did a voiceover, but didn't appear onscreen.  But I do think it deserved more of a mention other than simply the Spock figurine being involved.

• Like 2

aside from all the Shamy talk, any other word on what this ep tonight is about?

Edited by Sshrews

aside from all the Shamy talk, any other word on what this ep tonight is about?

We won't know anything until about 10:30pm Pacific Time, provided we have somebody from the forum who is willing to provide spoilers. Nothing is guaranteed. 

We won't know anything until about 10:30pm Pacific Time, provided we have somebody from the forum who is willing to provide spoilers. Nothing is guaranteed. 

Monique's there

• Like 3

That's not helpful at all! 

LOL..Bill's set posts never are, but it is fun to see them.

• Like 4

LOL..Bill's set posts never are, but it is fun to see them.

ITA! I'm constantly amazed at how many hours of work they put in to make a 20 minutes episode. 

• Like 1

ITA! I'm constantly amazed at how many hours of work they put in to make a 20 minutes episode. 

I wish.  It's more like 18 or 19.   :icon_frown:

• Like 5

Monique's there

she has coverage/data limitations right now though,  so we may not hear anything from her until tomorrow.  If she does stop by it won't be for long.  She isn't the only person there,  though. 

I really enjoyed Kenny the helium vendor dude's character. He would have fit the cast as someone who lives a floor below Sheldon,Leonard, and Penny and they meet each other on the landing. His character is somewhat a Penny and Leonard rolled into one.

• Like 2