The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

of course penny would not remember Leonard's birthday..... 

but penny having a diary ......and writing in it.............yeah not believable at all.......... 

• Like 1

but penny having a diary ......and writing in it.............yeah not believable at all.......... 

-at least not to pinpoint accuracy.

-why is it not believable that she has a diary?

• Like 1

Penny has Amensia, that is the explanation :P. I guess she should remember Leonard's bday, but does Leonard know Penny's if the roles were reversed? It is okay it slipped her mind.

if your gonna continue to talk to him we are required to issue you one of these...

25646095a6b2151d4e717060cc38d9fb.jpg

• Like 6

Can I order one of those?

You hang in the shamy thread, you sir need a hard hat

creative-breakups-4.jpg

• Like 3

Not everyone thinks there is something to fix. It's not like there the first couple to have a break up on the show. Just because you don't like it makes the writing wrong.

Not to mention this are the same writers who wrote the couple he holds (or used to hold) so dearly in his heart. Oh, wait, they're not writing them as he wants. In his mind apparently that equates them not knowing how to write anymore. Talk about having a MASSIVE ego.

I'm here in this forum from season 7 Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Vicky: Don't get discouraged. Chiany was trying to belittle your post by discrediting you saying you were a newbie. Regardless of that fact, you make a whole lot of sense and said a very reasonable thing.

Do you think Johnny standing there waiting for his cue to come in wearing the lingers he was saying in his head I am making a million dollars I am making a million dollars an episode well Johnny is a better man than me I don't think I could do it

For a million dollars an episode I'd wear a thong!

• Like 4

That bit I didn't get, she remembered his birthday and threw him a party before they were even going out in one episode!? (can't remember which right now)

I was going to say it is a surprise that Penny has a journal/diary.

It is a surprise as she is a spontaneous sort, disorganized and has never mentioned such a thing. 

• Like 2

That bit I didn't get, she remembered his birthday and threw him a party before they were even going out in one episode!? (can't remember which right now)

The next to last episode of season 1, it was the 16th.   The Peanut Reaction. 

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 1

I was going to say it is a surprise that Penny has a journal/diary.

It is a surprise as she is a spontaneous sort, disorganized and has never mentioned such a thing. 

It seems like your assuming that her journal is organized in its entries.  But I didn't see anything that specifies either way.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 2

I moved this from the Shamy thread:

That begs the question, what episode are we currently at? 190? 187?  I wondering when the legend of the 200th episode will appear?

The taping last night was 192.  Since it was a Thanksgiving episode, it will probably run on November 19th.    If they run two episodes in December (10th, 17th), three in January (7th, 14th, and 28th), would leave them at 196.  The sweeps in February run from the 4th of February to the 2nd of March.  There are four Thursdays in the sweeps period, (the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th).   With the schedule I have, it would put the 200th episode on the 18th of February.  

Now remember, it's going to depend on when exactly they run new episodes in December and January.  Last year they ran two in December, and two in January, I'm assuming three in January this year.   However, if they run two in December and two in January, like they did last year, it will put the 200th episode at the last week in the February sweeps (the 25th of February).  I can't see them passing up an opportunity to have such a huge milestone fall within sweeps, but it's going to depend on exactly how many new episodes they run in the previous months as to exactly when the 200th airs.  

I'm also moving this over to the discussion thread, so please put any of those answer in the Discussion thread.  

• Like 4

It seems like your assuming that her journal is organized in its entries.  But I didn't see anything that specifies either way.

Really? I don't think I'm assuming anything about her entries other than she has made enough of them for the book to become a diary/journal. This implies a few things:

1. She intentionally wanted to keep a diary
  2. She was able to keep track of the diary long enough to make use of it. (this takes some organization.
  3. She actually followed through and wrote stuff even if it was sporadic.

Any time I have had a book that I thought I might use to keep a journal I lost it before writing much of anything.

Fortunately a computer provides a place where I can keep notes and not loose them.

Edited by djsurrey

I moved this from the Shamy thread:

The taping last night was 192.  Since it was a Thanksgiving episode, it will probably run on November 19th.    If they run two episodes in December (10th, 17th), three in January (7th, 14th, and 28th), would leave them at 196.  The sweeps in February run from the 4th of February to the 2nd of March.  There are four Thursdays in the sweeps period, (the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th).   With the schedule I have, it would put the 200th episode on the 18th of February.  

Now remember, it's going to depend on when exactly they run new episodes in December and January.  Last year they ran two in December, and two in January, I'm assuming three in January this year.   However, if they run two in December and two in January, like they did last year, it will put the 200th episode at the last week in the February sweeps (the 25th of February).  I can't see them passing up an opportunity to have such a huge milestone fall within sweeps, but it's going to depend on exactly how many new episodes they run in the previous months as to exactly when the 200th airs.  

I'm also moving this over to the discussion thread, so please put any of those answer in the Discussion thread.  

That would be a really nice birthday present for me!

That would be a really nice birthday present for me!

Me too !!! That's my 40th Birthday :)

But I would like them together properly before the 200th, so maybe engagement or living together or ....... 

• Like 1

How about getting back into a relationship? 

The writers are going to lead some with a carrot on a stick to the end I'm guessing.

How about getting back into a relationship? 

The writers are going to lead some with a carrot on a stick to the end I'm guessing.

I'd like to think rebuilding a friendship will lead to them getting back together, of course I would of preferred that they hadn't been broken up in the first place but I'm happy they are back to being friendly rather than what we've been given so far this season

• Like 3

MY personal point of view is a break up was necessary, to get resolution. Their relationship was going no where, in its current carnation. They both know now how it feels to not be with each other, and now Amy does not want Sheldon to change. If they stayed together, IMO nothing would of changed. Maybe not the resolution some fans may of not wanted haha, but at least its resolution.

MY personal point of view is a break up was necessary, to get resolution. Their relationship was going no where, in its current carnation. They both know now how it feels to not be with each other, and now Amy does not want Sheldon to change. If they stayed together, IMO nothing would of changed. Maybe not the resolution some fans may of not wanted haha, but at least its resolution.

I don't think so. The writers could have easily taken another way to introduce a development of their relationship. E.g. TALKING about their problems, maybe including a heavy fight, and using their brilliant minds to examine the problem and find a solution. If that wasn't enough, for my sake something more weighty that causes an epiphany, like an accident, a loss, or something more fluffy like being forced to live together for some reason. There a dozens of fanfictions that descibe a way to a fullfilling shamy relationship without a break-up, and a lot of them are IC.

The reason why the writers chose the break-up was the need for a interesting story to tell that keeps as many viewers as possible interested, IMO. There is a reason why TV couple more often break-up and get together again than normal couples.

• Like 1

What makes you say that Amy doesn't want Sheldon to change?  Just because she feels ready to take up the relationship again doesn't mean she wants him just like he was before.

• Like 2

Do you want some alo Vera Chiany? Cause you just got burned!!

If you want to burn me, learn to spell first.

giphy.gif

Chiany if you don't agree with me your wrong :P. Shamy well get back together at some point, I am betting on the final episode haha, but it is inevitable. Last taping, they didn't fight. So you may get some Season 4 Friendship stuff going on.

• Like 1