The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Really? I don't think I'm assuming anything about her entries other than she has made enough of them for the book to become a diary/journal. This implies a few things:

1. She intentionally wanted to keep a diary
  2. She was able to keep track of the diary long enough to make use of it. (this takes some organization.
  3. She actually followed through and wrote stuff even if it was sporadic.

Any time I have had a book that I thought I might use to keep a journal I lost it before writing much of anything.

Fortunately a computer provides a place where I can keep notes and not loose them.

Diaries can indeed take many forms, and who knows?  Maybe Penny has journaled off and on all along.  It could be the one place where she truly reveals herself since she has a pretty easy-going outer personality.  But we've seen that she has her insecurities around the rest of the gang, so maybe she might write about things like that.

From the time I was a kid I wanted to be one of those people who journaled (maybe because of reading Anne Frank), but I was always too self-conscious (because of Anne Frank) and too undisciplined to do it every day.  But when my sister and I were packing my apartment, she came across an old journal I kept for a while when I was in high school.  I wrote in it off and on for several years and a lot of it was embarrassing and about various boys I had crushes on, etc..

So, we don't know the nature of her diary nor how often or how consistently she kept it, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't have one.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 3

Chiany if you don't agree with me your wrong :P. Shamy well get back together at some point, I am betting on the final episode haha, but it is inevitable. Last taping, they didn't fight. So you may get some Season 4 Friendship stuff going on.

Oh I am sure the writers will bring them back together.

If it will be believable is another question.

hokie, 

I can't use the quote function but your comment about Penny's diary was beautifully and eloquently said! I too think that it is very IC for dreamer Penny to have a journal. But your post said it perfectly!

• Like 2

Penny has Amensia, that is the explanation :P. I guess she should remember Leonard's bday, but does Leonard know Penny's if the roles were reversed? It is okay it slipped her mind.

it's a bit like how apparently nobody knew when Sheldons birthday was last season which is clearly untrue, the writers like to throw in "funny" 

• Like 1

Leonard reading Pennys diary kinda reminds,me of Family Guy. When they all gathered around her room to read her diary lol, poor Meg. In this case i think it well be a tad light hearted. 

phanta, djsurrey, I find the reveal that Penny keeps a diary/journal amazing and totally in character. A young girl living on a farm in Nebraska dreams of being popular, dreams of being a movie star. She has a father who turns a blind eye to her blossoming from his tom-boy daughter into perhaps a girly-girl. Where else for her to express frustrations, dreams, wants, joys and expectations of the future than in a diary? Of course the n'sync bit was hilarious and perfect for the teen Penny was at the time. It also fits in to pilot episode Penny who was writing a screenplay! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

excellent explanation on why Penny would have a journal.  She obviously had dreams when she was a teenager and since she was one of the 'cool' girls, she probably kept them to herself to spare herself ridicule, so she wrote it down in her journal.  

I wish they would go and get her back to acting, she wouldn't have to be a star, but I see Penny as a working actress, making enough money at it to be considered a professional actress.

• Like 1

So I'm thinking the only reason the writers brought up Amy asking Sheldon to be her boyfriend again without any resolution and him just wanting to be friends is just another excuse to delay THE TALK. Living arrangements. 6 months and it looks like lenny are spending more time in 4a than 4b. According to the TR Leonard went to his room to get the orange underwear looks like most of her stuff is now in 4A. It amazes me while a married couple wouldn't want to spend time together alone. Didn't penny say to Leonard it wouldn't be for long. 6 months is a long time in my book. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 7

So I'm thinking the only reason the writers brought up Amy asking Sheldon to be her boyfriend again without any resolution and him just wanting to be friends is just another excuse to delay THE TALK. Living arrangements. 6 months and it looks like lenny are spending more time in 4a than 4b. According to the TR Leonard went to his room to get the orange underwear looks like most of her stuff is now in 4A. It amazes me while a married couple wouldn't want to spend time together alone. Didn't penny say to Leonard it wouldn't be for long. 6 months is a long time in my book. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I'm afraid lenny is in 4a till the end of the last episode Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I'm afraid lenny is in 4a till the end of the last episode Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I said that while back and some posters revoked that. They will delay it as long as possible and keep coming up with lame excuses. Wouldn't be surprised if they leave it to the last episode of the series. There is no legitimate reason for Lenny not to be living together as a married couple. They are not shot for cash, not homeless and definitely not because of some 38 year old man who can't look after himself. It will never be believable in my eyes. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I said that while back and some posters revoked that. They will delay it as long as possible and keep coming up with lame excuses. Wouldn't be surprised if they leave it to the last episode of the series. There is no legitimate reason for Lenny not to be living together as a married couple. They are not shot for cash, not homeless and definitely not because of some 38 year old man who can't look after himself. It will never be believable in my eyes. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If Sheldon was living by himself who would hear all the snide remarks about his friends and him telling everyone how much smarter he is Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Not to mention that at the moment it seems that the rough times for Sheldon are over...He is finding a new equilibrium, Amy is somehow with him again (as a friend, but apparently it is what he wants )....I don't see any reason for Lenny to stay in 4A right now!

Exactly. But the writers will milk that cow dry. I just don't know what they are scared off. Right now the show need to be seen to be evolving and not going backwards. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Not to mention that at the moment it seems that the rough times for Sheldon are over...He is finding a new equilibrium, Amy is somehow with him again (as a friend, but apparently it is what he wants )....I don't see any reason for Lenny to stay in 4A right now!

I don't see any reason either but the tptb seem to thing lenny living in 4a is the funniest thing possible Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Keeping L/P in 4A, at least part-time, is to preserve the 4A dynamic of the gang hanging out there as the primary location.

I don't mind them going back and forth between the two apartments.  It doesn't mean they're not a married couple or that they're not having sex, which so many people here seem to be concerned about.  If they're happy there, then why are some people upset for their sake?

The writers have them being okay with it and living their lives, so what is it that people want?  For them to be only by emaelves all the time?  Ain't ever going to happen, really.

Howard and Bernie have their own place, but it's a secondary place for their interactions with Raj or Stuart or smaller subsets of the gang, but it's never going to be the main hangout for the gang.  Similarly, none of the other apartments, including Penny's, are going to accommodate the whole group and Leonard is the nucleous of the group, so it makes sense that he and Penny host the group, in a way, rather than Sheldon, so it makes sense that they remain as a presence in 4A.  IMO.

• Like 1

I suspect that the writers will now postpone reuniting Shamy officially for quite some time.  I had pondered why they brought Laura Spencer on as a regular, and now I am beginning to think it might be so that they can push the Raj/Emily romance along faster and get them married off sooner rather than later. This would accomplish two things.  First, it would add another female to the girls' group (providing more story lines there). Second, it would leave Shamy as the only unmarried couple, which I think is what the writers want. That way, they can splurge on a great big wedding for the one remaining couple yet to marry and end the series that way.

I don't mind them going back and forth between the two apartments.  It doesn't mean they're not a married couple or that they're not having sex, which so many people here seem to be concerned about.  If they're happy there, then why are some people upset for their sake?

Because it was once again about Sheldon. Leonard and Penny wanted to live alone together and even felt guilty about telling Sheldon this. That's the part that I hate. I understand why the writers are doing this, I just hate how they got there. 

• Like 4

Because it was once again about Sheldon. Leonard and Penny wanted to live alone together and even felt guilty about telling Sheldon this. That's the part that I hate. I understand why the writers are doing this, I just hate how they got there. 

its always about Sheldon....

EDIT : not a response to the above quoted post 

I am not sure if I remember correctly.....

did'nt penny remember Sheldon's birthday....

I guess its only Leonard's she forgots....cause its not like she will give him a gift or something.....lol

Just read some more spoilers on this site.... 

Sheldon walks in on amy kissing some guy........ wow what a coincidence....I have never seen this kind of thing on tv before ....lol

Edited by vasu

Keeping L/P in 4A, at least part-time, is to preserve the 4A dynamic of the gang hanging out there as the primary location.

The writers have them being okay with it and living their lives, so what is it that people want?  For them to be only by emaelves all the time?  Ain't ever going to happen, really.

Howard and Bernie have their own place, but it's a secondary place for their interactions with Raj or Stuart or smaller subsets of the gang, but it's never going to be the main hangout for the gang.  Similarly, none of the other apartments, including Penny's, are going to accommodate the whole group and Leonard is the nucleous of the group, so it makes sense that he and Penny host the group, in a way, rather than Sheldon, so it makes sense that they remain as a presence in 4A.  IMO.

Sorry not buying it. They are married they should be living together that what married people do and it's not about sex. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

If the characters are created to be compassionate toward Sheldon, then why does it bother you?  I think that some folks have a different idea of who L/P are or should be than how the writers have created them.  Yes, they get a little fed up with him sometimes, as is expected, but ultimately they are his friends and care about how he feels.

They don't hate him and they don't want him to feel abandoned, etc., so they still spend time with him.  They don't HAVE to be alone together if that's not what they need or want.  If the writers created characters who did need or want that, then they would do it.

If they writers say that Leonard loves to eat liverwurst, then he does, whether or not anyone in the audience likes liverwurst.  So if they write that L/P are okay with spending time in 4A with Sheldon, then they're okay with it and don't NEED to be alone together all the time.

• Like 1

its always about Sheldon....

EDIT : not a response to the above quoted post 

I am not sure if I remember correctly.....

did'nt penny remember Sheldon's birthday....

I guess its only Leonard's she forgots....cause its not like she will give him a gift or something.....lol

Just read some more spoilers on this site.... 

Sheldon walks in on amy kissing some guy........ wow what a coincidence....I have never seen this kind of thing on tv before ....lol

new_0078.thumb.gif.f6e2500129a7b49c7373b

:shy:

Sorry not buying it. They are married they should be living together that what married people do and it's not about sex. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

They are not every married couple.  In this created universe, they are okay with sharing 4A with Sheldon on a part time basis and don't need the fandom to protest for them.  This is the story being told--that they don't mind splitting their time between the 2 apartments.  It doesn't matter whether or not some fans think they should only be alone.

• Like 3

They are not every married couple.  In this created universe, they are okay with sharing 4A with Sheldon on a part time basis and don't need the fandom to protest for them.  This is the story being told--that they don't mind splitting their time between the 2 apartments.  It doesn't matter whether or not some fans think they should only be alone.

It might be bbt universe but it's still based on our universe. Like No regrets stated we know why they are doing it but doesn't mean we have to like it. It's not believable and just makes the writers look foolish if they think the excuses they are given us for them still living in 4A for over six months and no one is going to ask why or just sweeping it under the carpet for another 6 months is beggars believe. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1