The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

They are not every married couple.  In this created universe, they are okay with sharing 4A with Sheldon on a part time basis and don't need the fandom to protest for them.  This is the story being told--that they don't mind splitting their time between the 2 apartments.  It doesn't matter whether or not some fans think they should only be alone.

old_0023.thumb.gif.a72fcc8235235dcbdc2d7

:cool:

I am not sure if I remember correctly.....

did'nt penny remember Sheldon's birthday....

I guess its only Leonard's she forgots....cause its not like she will give him a gift or something.....lol

Just read some more spoilers on this site.... 

Sheldon walks in on amy kissing some guy........ wow what a coincidence....I have never seen this kind of thing on tv before ....lol

She doesn't remember his birthday, he tells her in The Intimacy Acceleration (8.16). She previously didn't know it (supposedly nobody did)

Also, he doesn't walk in on Amy kissing a guy, he goes to her building and sees her coming home from a date and the guy gives her a good night kiss. That's coming up in next weeks episode IIRC

• Like 2

I just hope they don't waste the comic potential of the three of them living together just to make the show all about Sheldon.  Penny living with Leonard will probably dominate the apartment, Sheldon's time has come, Penny will disrupt his schedule bigtime.

• Like 1

It might be

bbt

universe but it's still based on our universe. Like No regrets stated we know why they are doing it but doesn't mean we have to like it. It's not believable and just makes the writers look foolish if they think the excuses they are given us for them still living in 4A for over six months and no one is going to ask why or just sweeping it under the carpet for another 6 months is beggars believe. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Whether or not you like it is not really the point you were making, it seems to me.  You were saying that they needed to live alone together, but that's based only on your thinking of what they "should" do.

Just because the show is "based on our universe" (is it?) doesn't mean that they have to be conventional in how they live and what they do.  The characters do not represent everyone like them.  They do not represent every physicist, every nerd, every D&D fan, every struggling actress, or every pharmaceutical rep, etc..  They are only these particular people.

So, even if MOST married couples might want to live alone together (and as others have pointed out, many times they cannot due to circumstances), in this case, these particular characters don't have a problem with it.

I think it's perfectly believable and I don't think the writers look foolish just because they don't comply to your (collective you) wishes.

• Like 2

Whether or not you like it is not really the point you were making, it seems to me.  You were saying that they needed to live alone together, but that's based only on your thinking of what they "should" do.

Just because the show is "based on our universe" (is it?) doesn't mean that they have to be conventional in how they live and what they do.  The characters do not represent everyone like them.  They do not represent every physicist, every nerd, every D&D fan, every struggling actress, or every pharmaceutical rep, etc..  They are only these particular people.

So, even if MOST married couples might want to live alone together (and as others have pointed out, many times they cannot due to circumstances), in this case, these particular characters don't have a problem with it.

I think it's perfectly believable and I don't think the writers look foolish just because they don't comply to your (collective you) wishes.

You must be living in the bbt universe if you think that is jmo that they are not living together and its not weird and that most ppls are fine with it. The reason is because of Sheldon the writers just like sheldon are scared of changes. They deserve to be happy without the leech. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

They are not every married couple.  In this created universe, they are okay with sharing 4A with Sheldon on a part time basis and don't need the fandom to protest for them.  This is the story being told--that they don't mind splitting their time between the 2 apartments.  It doesn't matter whether or not some fans think they should only be alone.

And I can see them living next door to each other and raising their kids together. And in Sheldon's house he has a family room or his room that looks exactly like 4A. Too bad they show will never get that far. It would be fun.

Well said don't as long as there are sleeping in the same bed doesn't matter to me if it is 4A or 4B don't know why some fans have a problem with it the characters don't

You must be living in the

bbt

universe if you think that is jmo that they are not living together and its not weird and that most ppls are fine with it. The reason is because of Sheldon the writers just like sheldon are scared of changes. They deserve to be happy without the leech. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I's there show they get to tell the story they want

Edited by Earnie

And I can see them living next door to each other and raising their kids together. And in Sheldon's house he has a family room or his room that looks exactly like 4A. Too bad they show will never get that far. It would be fun.

Nah, they will never live next door to each other.  Leonard and Penny will have to get a house with an extra room for Sheldon.  You know, so he doesn't feel abandoned.  

• Like 3

Well said don't as long as there are sleeping in the same bed doesn't matter to me if it is 4A or 4B don't know why some fans have a problem with it the characters don't

I's there show they get to tell the story they want

If it's believable then yes. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Look Sheldon is what Joey was to Monica and Chandler. They even got a room for Joey when they moved to a big house. I see the same thing happening with Lenny. Just accept Sheldon well always be the third wheel in Lenny, and it is much easier. Was it believable that Alan lived at Charlies beach house for 12 years the same amount of time he was married to Judith? No. But this is a sitcom, a situational comedy. For comedy sakes, you need to tolerate these things. In reality Leonard would of married Penny in Season 6, moved out the end. But this ain't real life, it is a sitcom. So I kinda laugh at anyone saying it is not believable, none of it is lol. I have no issue with Lenny going back and fourth even if they were married a billion years, its the show's world

• Like 2

Look Sheldon is what Joey was to Monica and Chandler. They even got a room for Joey when they moved to a big house. I see the same thing happening with Lenny. Just accept Sheldon well always be the third wheel in Lenny, and it is much easier. Was it believable that Alan lived at Charlies beach house for 12 years the same amount of time he was married to Judith? No. But this is a sitcom, a situational comedy. For comedy sakes, you need to tolerate these things. In reality Leonard would of married Penny in Season 6, moved out the end. But this ain't real life, it is a sitcom. So I kinda laugh at anyone saying it is not believable, none of it is lol. I have no issue with Lenny going back and fourth even if they were married a billion years, its the show's world

Like I said the characters don't care so why should we maybe Lenny is saving for a house and living with Sheldon splitting rent 3 ways saves them money

Like I said the characters don't care so why should we maybe Lenny is saving for a house and living with Sheldon splitting rent 3 ways saves them money

If Leonard or Penny either said, you know I am sick of Sheldon's face lol. But they haven't, so if the characters have no issue, why should the audience. I would really like to see Sheldon go into the bathroom, and find Penny's underwear or something and go Leonard! Haha, theirs a lot of comedic potential, and I Think that is what really is important.

• Like 1

Each to their opinion. Not knocking yours or anyone's. But I also have an opinion. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If Leonard or Penny either said, you know I am sick of Sheldon's face lol. But they haven't, so if the characters have no issue, why should the audience. I would really like to see Sheldon go into the bathroom, and find Penny's underwear or something and go Leonard! Haha, theirs a lot of comedic potential, and I Think that is what really is important.

Yes that's why the writers have the three of them basically living together because of the comic situations that will arise from it like next week's episode Lenny finds out that Sheldon has a security cam pointed at the couch and Penny says we have done things on that couch a comic situation

• Like 1

Like I said the characters don't care so why should we 

Because it bothers some of us, and reduces our enjoyment.  If it doesn't bother you, and/or you don't care about, I happy for you.  

maybe Lenny is saving for a house and living with Sheldon splitting rent 3 ways saves them money

Yeah, no.  Unless Sheldon is paying all the rent for 4A, it's costing Lenny money.  Lenny, is paying for 4B and according to you, is paying 2/3 of the rent for 4A.  How is that saving them money? 

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 6

Nah, they will never live next door to each other.  Leonard and Penny will have to get a house with an extra room for Sheldon.  You know, so he doesn't feel abandoned.  

I hope Sheldon will have moved on with Amy by then, but maybe they will all live together as one happy foursome.   Shelnard and PAmy

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 1

Because it bothers some of us, and reduces our enjoyment.  If it doesn't bother you, and/or you don't care about, I happy for you.  

Yeah, no.  Unless Sheldon is paying all the rent for 4A, it's costing Lenny money.  Lenny, according to you, is paying 2/3 of the rent for 4A.  How is that saving them money? 

and the whole rent for 4b, too....I mean, I really hope Sheldon is paying all the rent for 4a, otherwise  being caring friends is costing them a lot of money!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

and the whole rent for 4b, too....I mean, I really hope Sheldon is paying all the rent for 4a, otherwise  being caring friends is costing them a lot of money!

I definitely think he can afford it with the promotion he got as a junior professor, but so could Penny now.

Heheheheh, Yeah, I was editing my post and when I finished, found you had caught it.  

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 2

I do see other point of views. I mean I guess Sheldon may as well be their Tenant now haha. But I guess like my point earlier, this is what you have to tolerate when you watch a sitcom. Leonard has technically moved out, but in reality what has changed?

And six months later we are still waiting for the comical effect of lenny living in 4A with Sheldon. Really is that all you guys want to see. Sheldon finding penny underwear and filming them on the couch. Yeah, no. Not funny. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If you want to burn me, learn to spell first.

giphy.gif

You have done a much better job that Xbox1orPs4 could ever do...with your posts!

And six months later we are still waiting for the comical effect of lenny living in 4A with Sheldon. Really is that all you guys want to see. Sheldon finding penny underwear and filming them on the couch. Yeah, no. Not funny. Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

To you maybe..

• Like 1

Keeping L/P in 4A, at least part-time, is to preserve the 4A dynamic of the gang hanging out there as the primary location.

I don't mind them going back and forth between the two apartments.  It doesn't mean they're not a married couple or that they're not having sex, which so many people here seem to be concerned about.  If they're happy there, then why are some people upset for their sake?

The writers have them being okay with it and living their lives, so what is it that people want?  For them to be only by emaelves all the time?  Ain't ever going to happen, really.

Howard and Bernie have their own place, but it's a secondary place for their interactions with Raj or Stuart or smaller subsets of the gang, but it's never going to be the main hangout for the gang.  Similarly, none of the other apartments, including Penny's, are going to accommodate the whole group and Leonard is the nucleous of the group, so it makes sense that he and Penny host the group, in a way, rather than Sheldon, so it makes sense that they remain as a presence in 4A.  IMO.

If they are now the hosts then Sheldon should move to 4 B. That is a great idea! It would be perfect!

• Like 3

I definitely think he can afford it with the promotion he got as a junior professor, but so could Penny now.

The promotion as a Junior Professor didn't provide him a big increase of salary (if any), he didn't get a tenure, it was not a big deal, it just meant that he had to teach a class (which at the end he didn't teach anyway). As for Penny, now sure she can affort to pay two rents, but it's not that fair...

• Like 2