[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Can't believe it's another week until the next taping report! It's cruelty! Do you think the next episode will be a Christmas episode? 

I'm hoping the next one involves Star Wars episode vii coming out.

• Like 3

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are all thirsty for spoilers, But hear me out first. Ok so I didn't post or let on I was going for a number of reasons. Number ,1 I have an incredible amount of personal issues including he

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciativ

Hello!!   So I decided to do a taping report for yesterday’s episode, “The Bachelor Party Corrosion”, I know there have been some issues with the material in previous episodes but please have faith in

Posted Images

Can't believe it's another week until the next taping report! It's cruelty! Do you think the next episode will be a Christmas episode? 

Got to wait till Thursday for the next episode. In waiting much of the forum is getting like

charlie-brown-teacher1.jpg

• Like 4

Why does that mean it's impossible for Penny to forget what day in May Leonard's birthday falls on, just because she threw him a birthday over eight years ago?

But supposedly they would have had annual celebrations of some kind.

A greatly anticipated episode, but the end was quite the let down. I was hoping that Sheldon would want them to get closer and Amy t

They generally air two episodes in December, but there's no guarantee either of them will be a Christmas episode, or even a Star Wars episode.  It just depends on timing and what they want to emphasize.

Someone mentioned that they might want to wait until after the movie comes out to address it on the show.

They generally air two episodes in December, but there's no guarantee either of them will be a Christmas episode, or even a Star Wars episode.  It just depends on timing and what they want to emphasize.

Someone mentioned that they might want to wait until after the movie comes out to address it on the show.

Depends on what they're doing with this. Could be as simple as the guys trying to get movie tickets or whatever. Doesn't have to be anything related to the actual plot.

• Like 1

I can't believe for just half a second there's not going to be a Star Wars episode VII episode. It's just the elephant in the room.

It makes me think that yesterday on the radio I heard there was an experiment going on in the USA about the brain ( sorry I forgot what, I'm really not into science, and I was driving anyway ) that it's the biggest study about the brain ever experimented and I couldn't help but think that if it was so great the writers couldn't help mention it in the show, maybe have a plot with Amy.

• Like 7

I can't believe for just half a second there's not going to be a Star Wars episode VII episode. It's just the elephant in the room.

It makes me think that yesterday on the radio I heard there was an experiment going on in the USA about the brain ( sorry I forgot what, I'm really not into science, and I was driving anyway ) that it's the biggest study about the brain ever experimented and I couldn't help but think that if it was so great the writers couldn't help mention it in the show, maybe have a plot with Amy.

An Amy plot that isn't about the break up or girls night would be fabulous

• Like 7

Okay Penny forgot Leonard's bday. ah well it is not the end of the world. Some of you have to stop taking these characters at face value. They are not perfect. I forget my Mums birthday sometimes lol, they are human. An Amy plot? Yeah that would be cool, as a Leonard plot would be, Penny plot e.t.c. I actually hope their is a group ensemble plot like Scavenger Hunt Vortex.

• Like 5

<snip>

I actually hope their is a group ensemble plot like Scavenger Hunt Vortex.

Right on.   That is actually my favorite TBBT episode.    As much as I love Shamy, I love these group ensembles so much more.   My 2nd Favorite was The Leftover Thermalization.

• Like 3

But supposedly they would have had annual celebrations of some kind.

Why? Just because they did one time?

lenny didn't make a big deal out of every time they celebrated valentines day in the series.  Why is it unreasonable to believe they didn't make a big deal out of every time Leonard had a birthday?

• Like 1

Why? Just because they did one time?

Lenny didn't make a big deal out of every time they celebrated valentines day in the series.  Why is it unreasonable to believe they didn't make a big deal out of every time Leonard had a birthday?

Well, but at this stage it is pure speculation either way. I think it's reasonable to assume that if they did it once that they continue to do it every year. However if you assume they didn't, while less likely, could be true as well. That's why I say it's speculation either way. Besides as someone else said Leonard's DOB is also on the marriage certificate, and his driver license which I assume Penny saw a million time, plus a couple that has been together for 8 years are more than likely to have talked about each others' birthdays countless times. In my view that's what reasonable and more likely to have happened.

That being said it's no big deal for me, because I believe this is TPTB once again saying "screw continuity" just to set up the joke.

• Like 5

Right on.   That is actually my favorite TBBT episode.    As much as I love Shamy, I love these group ensembles so much more.   My 2nd Favorite was The Leftover Thermalization.

Me too I just liked the new dynamics. That you don't see often. Kaley nailed the episode too haha. Run, Run to India!! And Raj as MC was just perfect. If it was up to me every ep would be a group ensemble at this stage, but I guess 20 mins a week cannot cater to everyone. Simple 1-3, Lenny, Sheldon and Leonard, Howard, Raj, friendship drynamics. Now the central theme of the show is central to the couples, bit more of a dramatic tone to the show this season anyway. I am still looking forward to the next 2-3 seasons though.

• Like 1

Me too I just liked the new dynamics. That you don't see often. Kaley nailed the episode too haha. Run, Run to India!! And Raj as MC was just perfect. If it was up to me every ep would be a group ensemble at this stage, but I guess 20 mins a week cannot cater to everyone. Simple 1-3, Lenny, Sheldon and Leonard, Howard, Raj, friendship drynamics. Now the central theme of the show is central to the couples, bit more of a dramatic tone to the show this season anyway. I am still looking forward to the next 2-3 seasons though.

I like the group ensembles because we get more screen time for everyone.   Loved Johnny playing the victim to Bernie in scavenger.  For such a tiny person, she sure packs an attitude.

On the Jim Parsons thread, it was said that he mentioned in a recent interview that he thinks they are going into S11.    I wish they would get on with the will they/won't they Shamy business so we can get back to the comedy.  Have Shamy together, but in the group settings interacting or making the others uncomfortable.

I enjoy the guy groupings better than the girl groupings.   The guys are absolutely hilarious when left to their own.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

I like the group ensembles because we get more screen time for everyone.   Loved Johnny playing the victim to Bernie in scavenger.  For such a tiny person, she sure packs an attitude.

On the Jim Parsons thread, it was said that he mentioned in a recent interview that he thinks they are going into S11.    I wish they would get on with the will they/won't they Shamy business so we can get back to the comedy.  Have Shamy together, but in the group settings interacting or making the others uncomfortable.

I enjoy the guy groupings better than the girl groupings.   The guys are absolutely hilarious when left to their own.

Yeah I can see S11. But after that, maybe pushing things. Although Two and a half men went 12 seasons, without their main star. So seeing BBT cast are all on the same page, as are the writers, the crew, the network e.t.c. Based on that logic their is no reason why you can't forsee seeing BBT going past Season 11.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

-Besides as someone else said Leonard's DOB is also on the marriage certificate,

-and his driver license which I assume Penny saw a million time,

-plus a couple that has been together for 8 years are more than likely to have talked about each others' birthdays countless times.

-I believe this is TPTB once again saying "screw continuity" just to set up the joke.

-just because its on there doesn't mean she has memorized it.

-why do you think she has seen his dl a million times? I've only glanced at my fiance's, and I've known her for 4 years.

-doesn't mean they necessarily talked about the exact date it was on.

-this would suggest they contradicted continuity, but there's nothing direct that has been contradicted.

• Like 1

Can I just ask, why is their this need to quote everyones point of view or opinion. And deconstruct everyones view point? If everyone felt the same, this place would bore me! I talk about other shows on other sites. And I have to say I enjoy this site a lot more, because of the community. Other sites they seem to agree with each other most of the time. Here more diverse opinions. But does not mean we have to agree on everything, nor does that mean just because we disagree, means one is wrong.

• Like 2

Can I just ask, why is their this need to quote everyones point of view or opinion. And deconstruct everyones view point? If everyone felt the same, this place would bore me! I talk about other shows on other sites. And I have to say I enjoy this site a lot more, because of the community. Other sites they seem to agree with each other most of the time. Here more diverse opinions. But does not mean we have to agree on everything, nor does that mean just because we disagree, means one is wrong.

So that it's clear whose statements are being addressed, especially if there's a specific point one wants to address.  It's less confusing if one knows which statements are being commented on.

Some people feel compelled to address every point in someone's post, but that's their right.  When quoting, though, it makes it easier to see the specifics.

• Like 4

-just because its on there doesn't mean she has memorized it.

-why do you think she has seen his dl a million times? I've only glanced at my fiance's, and I've known her for 4 years.

-doesn't mean they necessarily talked about the exact date it was on.

-this would suggest they contradicted continuity, but there's nothing direct that has been contradicted.

All your contradictory statements are just pure speculation and as such aren't necessarily right. As I mentioned in my original post this is what I think is most reasonable and more likely to have happened, but my statements are also speculation so no point in debating something that has no right answer.

I've been married to my wife for a long time, but before we had been known each other for 4 years we had seen each others' DL's more than once and knew each others' birthdays. What does that prove? Absolutely nothing. What does the fact that you have barely glanced over your fiancé's DL prove? Absolutely nothing as well.

So, according to you they got their marriage certificate and they didn't even take a look at it? Not even to  check all the info was correct? I doubt it. Nevertheless, I answered you for the sake of answering you because in reality there is no right or wring answer because as I've already said IT'S MERE SPECULATION. At best all we can do is say what feels more likely for each one of US.

• Like 2

So, according to you they got their marriage certificate and they didn't even take a look at it? Not even to  check all the info was correct? I doubt it.

That's not what I said, I said that just because she might have seen something on paper for a moment (whether it was brief or a long examination is not entirely known, hell maybe she trusted Leonard enough to have the correct information on paper), does not necessarily mean that she's going to perfectly remember it for the next time she needs to remember it.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic