[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

So there is nothing better in the world than coming home after a shitty day at work and realizing that it's TBBT night. I had completely forgotten!

In other news, this is the image that is displayed in the ad banner on the forum homepage for me... I didn't pay much attention and just saw "Anything Can Happen" and a brief glimpse of the picture. At first I thought it was a fan edit of Shamy for Anything Can Happen Thursday (even though it's only the first thursday) :laugh: 

4940462258955820894.jpg

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI I wasen't having a go at anyone. I know my posts tend to rock the boat a bit lol. I was just curious I guess. When you jump into a thread, and see Give us our Shamy back. I'm like is that the next episode? Give us our Shamy Back Polarization? haha. And know it is not a cancer to only watch for Shamy. I guess if we go back to the very roots of the show, for me I started watching because I thought it was one of the most fresh and unique sitcoms in decades. Then I watched regularly because of Leonard and Penny. Now that is my investment. I just sometimes wish their was more of a balance, all we do is talk about Shamy or Lenny in a romantic light. What about the friendship dynamics in the show? I actually wish the show would do some episodes with the couples in the foreground, and focused on the friendship dynamics a bit more. I really enjoy Leonard and Amy episodes, believe it or not I enjoy Sheldon and Penny's friendship, to a certain degree haha. That is all I was saying.

speaking for myself, I didn't see your post as an attack at all and though I'm a Shamy fan I agreed with a lot of what you said. I think the only reason you see some folks passionately promoting the reconciliation of that couple is because the writers are really dragging out the melodrama for a prolonged time. I won't rehash my reply to you but I'll say that, like you, I would love to see more of the other characters of the ensemble and their own stories developed. I'd like the writers to return Amy and Sheldon to some level of fun again so that we can all move on, enough already....

I noticed in next weeks preview, that the girls still don't have Emily at girls night.  I makes me wonder if she is going to make it past this season.

Since they haven't resolved the Emily vs Penny situation as of yet, I don't see them adding her to girls night.  

He does not like to see Leonard hurt

That was confirmed in Decoupling Fluctuation.

He would be like "I don't understand the question."

I imagine he does enjoy quoting Spock.

And Leonard knows that Sheldon needs him, and he said he needs him, too. 

Indeed.

From The Proton Displacement:-

Leonard: You know what, Sheldon is the smartest person I have ever met. And he’s a little broken and he needs me. I guess I need him, too.

ugh. I've read a small number (ok, extremely small number) of decent sheldon/OC fanfics, but how many people out there are excited about seeing that on tv? The preview seems designed to make shennies, shamies, and sheldon-purists all sick to their stomachs.  

What's a Shenny? :icon_cheesygrin:. What is exactly wrong about it? From what I have read, Leonard/Penny/Bernadette spy on Amy's date?

I'm talking about the video preview in the link.  The focus and insinuation is solely about sheldon gleefully jumping back into the dating pool and nothing about the girls' plot.

I'm talking about the video preview in the link.  The focus and insinuation is solely about sheldon gleefully jumping back into the dating pool and nothing about the girls' plot.

Sheldon was ever in a dating pool? Lol. Ah well, sure it well play out differently. I can't see Sheldon going on a date. Although in S2 was it, he stole Raj's date, that Indian Queen. So Sheldon knows more then he lets on clearly. Sheldon is the money pit, and their biggest star. Makes sense they would use him in the promo, seeing Jim is the breakout star.

Edited by 3ku11

Great to hear, Sheldon doesn't float, so him in a pool can only be a good thing.

Sheldon was ever in a dating pool? Lol. Ah well, sure it well play out differently. I can't see Sheldon going on a date. Although in S2 was it, he stole Raj's date, that Indian Queen. So Sheldon knows more then he lets on clearly. Sheldon is the money pit, and their biggest star. Makes sense they would use him in the promo, seeing Jim is the breakout star.

But he clearly didn't know it was a date when he took off with Rajs date

I've read a small number (ok, extremely small number) of decent Sheldon/OC fanfics

Have you read mine?

Not that I'm saying mine is "decent".

That's not for me to decide. :blush: 

Although in S2 was it, he stole Raj's date, that Indian Queen.

He also spent two, quite pleasant evenings, with a very attractive, redhead, Caltech graduate student. :) 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Looks funny. I think Amy says more in that promo than in the previous episode.